All Comments on 'Westrons Pt. 12'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Arrghhh

These cliffhangers are killing me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

What if Cook told Westron blacksmiths about his visit to the bloomeries at Mission San Juan Capistrano, California?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Ahhhhh so good!!! I feel (and hope) that Themis is endgame along with the two sisters. But it’ll be fun reading along the way and discovering!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 5 years ago

I love the ups and downs, hot sex, cold politics, romantic dinner, vicious assassination attempt. This story keeps getting better.

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 5 years ago
Nice!

An great story! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you

I am thoroughly enjoying this series of stories. I enjoy that period of history and the fact that it is not just battles and sex but you are also adding in a bit of the political intrigue to it. :D

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentalmost 5 years ago
houghmagandy

Had to look it up and figure out how it sounds when said aloud. Thanks for that. It pays to enrich your word power. Insert - grins - here.

Was very pleased to see the chapter posted this morning. Enjoyed it with my coffee. Thank you for a great start to my day.

CPauloCPauloalmost 5 years ago
Conspiracy Theory

Absolutely love this series. But with all of the political maneuvering by Kanitz regarding Cook, now I've convinced myself the thugs were sent by her to intentionally fail and leave Cook grateful and trusting of his new killer bodyguards. Who Kanitz appointed.... Guess we'll see. Stellar work though. I eagerly wait for the next installment after finishing each of these.

AssignedNameAssignedNamealmost 5 years ago
Impressive

I loved Vannerbens Luck, this one is even better. I find myself checking every morning to see if you've posted a new chapter. Can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

You continue to be my favorite author on this site.

yuramwagyuramwagalmost 5 years ago

Thanks for this master piece,the story keep getting better and better with every passing chapter plz keep posting we are thankful all of us even though we won't show it(on behalf of every Reader)we are truly blessed to have you

lastman416lastman416almost 5 years ago
Continues to be geeat

I try not to post predictions of what I think is going to happen in others’ stories because I think it’s presumptuous, but I have to say... I have a bad feeling about the Chancellor. I don’t think she’s out to get Cook, but I’m not confident that won’t change.

Great chapter. The characterization continues to be fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A thought about Oshide and the other losses

While I've never been in combat, I know many who have, and to a man and woman, they have all held vigils of some sort for their fallen comrades. I like to suggest you consider adding something for the brigade and its fallen, and maybe for Cook's personal respects to Oshide too. She was both is bodyguard and lover. The story feels empty without some acknowledgement of such losses. How would the Westron women hold such a service? I'd love to know....

cymruisraelcymruisraelalmost 5 years ago
Like a good wine...

... you keep getting better with age. This is the best story you have written so far. Every morning the first thing I do is check for the next chapter. Keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I agree with cpaulo

I think the countess would have been worried about the loyalties of his previous bodyguards belonging more to Cook, especially after that battle and copulating with him. I believe they would have been replaced anyway, and the replacements she gave him are more firmly loyal to the countess.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtalmost 5 years ago
WOW

This is good - really good. A good mix of politics and warfare, sex and ??? I guess I’ll have to keep reading. Looking forward to wherever you’re taking us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Another great chapter at good timing. GREAT. Please carry on with this cliff hangers. Only one word. Why in last chapter Langorat came and stood beside Cook in the morning. No follow up.

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 5 years ago
Awesome story thus far!

At this point in the story, though, my mind rolls out a lengthy and vehement diatribe by Cook againt ALL the "leading ladies", including, to a very minor extent, the Queen during an award ceremony in his honor. He turns it into a huge indictment against the General and the Col. who refused him aid in combat...and againt ALL the leaders who put politics and political maneuvering consuderations into any level of decisionmaking in combat situations...pointedly calling it TREASONOUS.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you.

I truly enjoy your writing and especially this story.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 5 years ago
GLAD to see

Themis back, but to warn him of Kanitz and possible manipulation, greater intrigue...then to top it off with a close-ended assassination attempt? You sure are a sneaky one, aren't you? Well done.

golasgilgolasgilalmost 2 years ago

This is series is a masterpiece. I'm enjoying it enormously.

Comentarista82Comentarista8214 days ago

I never knew I would find describing a woman as "hatchet-faced" to be so hilarious!

Just as he thinks too much about the mansion he's about to inherit and dwelling too much about Themis (who could blame him about her)...he's almost taken out, but manages to break an assailant's arm and wins Koroba's respect (and maybe a bit of Ishana's). Interesting way to change it up so quickly!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Westrons Pt. 11 Previous Part
Westrons Series Info