Westrons Pt. 13

Story Info
In high demand.
9.7k words
4.88
29.2k
43

Part 14 of the 33 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/13/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,307 Followers

Thanks again for your positive comments and feedback. It's very encouraging for Alianath Iriad (my editor) and me.

*****

- "How could you let this happen?" Kanitz was furious, and Ishana was bearing the brunt of it.

- "It wasn't her fault." I said. "She saved my life. So did Koroba and Nasta."

- "It should never have happened in the first place!"

- "They did their jobs, Chancellor. I'm unhurt. Their response was amazing."

- "Where is Madze?" said Kanitz.

- "It's her night off." said Ishana.

- "She'll be sorry she missed it." said Nasta. Koroba poked her.

"What?" said Nasta. "It's true."

Kanitz sent the bodyguards outside.

- "I'm so sorry." she said, softly. She stepped closer, looking unusually hesitant. She held out her arms. "May I ...?"

The Chancellor hugged me, very gently.

"I was so afraid. When they told me there had been a shot ..." she whispered.

It seemed completely genuine to me. Yet only a few hours ago, according to Themis, Kanitz had been using the Princess to gain (or keep) some kind of hold over me.

Maybe Kanitz did have real feelings for me. But she was also a political intriguer of the first order, who seemed to love the game for its own sake.

- "You'll stay here, tonight."

She got me a room in the Palace basement, close to where Airta and I had spent several passionate days and nights. My three bodyguards were posted down there with me.

- "May I ask a question, Colonel?" asked Koroba, the sharp-featured little blonde. She didn't wait for me to answer. "How did you do it?"

- "Do what?"

- "One of them got past Ishana, and had you dead to rights. You hadn't drawn your sword - and the next thing I knew, she was on the ground, with a broken arm. Even if Nasta hadn't almost taken her head off, she was probably out of the fight. How did you do it?"

- "Ah." Well, no harm in teaching a little ... just to show them that there was no magic involved.

I unbuckled my belt, and handed Koroba my smallsword, still sheathed. Then I stood in front of her.

- "Aim at my navel." I instructed. I moved slightly left; she followed my movement with the tip of the blade. I move slightly to my right, and again she adjusted her aim.

"Which movement is easier?" I asked her.

- "To my right - when you moved to your left." She was slightly puzzled.

- "So I waited until she lunged, and moved to my right, to make it just that little bit more difficult for her to adjust her thrust. I didn't simply dodge, either."

- "No." said Nasta. "I saw you - it looked like you were spinning."

- "You turned your back?" asked Ishana. She was scowling.

- "Let's try this at ... medium speed. Go ahead, Koroba - stab me."

The little blonde grinned, and thrust the smallsword forward. She expected me to dodge to my right, and was already adjusting her aim when I spun in the opposite direction.

She was surprised, but she didn't flinch, or overreact; she knew it was only a demonstration. I finished my spin, and brought my arm down.

- "What ...?" said Nasta.

I was standing close to Koroba, with her extended arm trapped under my armpit. My other hand was on her elbow, applying gentle pressure.

- "Don't relax." I said. "Keep your arm tense." Then I pressed just a little harder.

Koroba's eyes went wide. She got it right away.

- "You just fall on her arm - with your full weight? Where did you learn ...? Pylos?"

Nasta wanted a demonstration, too. She was much bigger than Koroba, and wondered if that move would work on her. It did.

I don't know where it came from, but an idea suddenly occurred to me.

- "Ishana, how did they know that we were coming? They didn't wait to see who we were ..."

She frowned.

- "That's right." said Koroba. "It was too dark to positively identify you. They had to know - someone told them that you were coming."

- "How?" asked Nasta.

- "Shit!" swore Ishana. "Keep him here!" She bolted from the room, and up the stairs.

The mystery was solved, a short time later, when Ishana returned with Kanitz.

- "One of the servants." said the Chancellor. "She's gone."

***

Tallia was furious, too. But she knew better than to blame the bodyguards. She'd seen Oshide and Yehla look out for me; she also knew that Oshide had sacrificed her life to protect mine.

We hadn't had sex for a week, with so many people in her parent's house. This night, though, she wasn't going to let that stop her. She suspected - rightly - that I could use some comforting. Despite the fact that Koroba and Madze were lying on the floor not four feet away, Tallia started fondling and caressing me.

She kissed me, and stroked my cock until it was fully erect. Then she turned and pressed her naked backside against my crotch. She tucked me inside her, and began to gently rock back and forth.

***

Esyle knew that we'd made love; maybe Tallia had told her before breakfast. She smiled pleasantly and asked if I'd had a good night.

I'd meant to do it sooner, but there was no time for like the present.

- "Esyle, would you have lunch with me?" I asked.

- "Of course I'll be here for lunch."

- "No, I meant just the two of us. Would you like to go down to the river with me?"

- "Like ... a first date?" I'd explained the 'Pylosian' custom of dating before becoming intimate. It was something the Westrons understood, except that they did it after they'd had sex.

We packed a picnic lunch, and set off across town. Ishana and Nasta hovered nearby at all times. I asked Esyle to make one small detour, to a gunsmith's shop where Tallia had helped me buy my pistols.

After that, we sat on the riverbank, and watched the boats. I was relieved that Esyle didn't seem to mind the presence of my two bodyguards. She was a little nervous, but that was mostly because the whole experience was so novel for her.

- "It's an ... interesting custom." she said.

- "I'm glad you're enjoying it."

- "I already like you, and I'm ready to copulate. But I can see that if we were strangers - if we had just met ... this would be a good way to find out if I did like you enough for sex."

- "That's pretty much the idea."

- "In Pylos, do you copulate during the first date, or is there some sort of waiting period?"

Esyle was mildly annoyed that I started to laugh. "Are you making fun of me, Cook?"

- "No, sweetheart. I wouldn't mock you. I like you. You're lovely, and clever, and I enjoy your company."

- "That's good." she said. "So when -?"

- "Not quite yet."

***

Kanitz set aside an entire afternoon for me. Alone.

- "The women who tried to kill you were soldiers. Deserters from General Vis' own regiment."

- "Deserters?"

- "Yes. For maximum deniability. But we can't leap to conclusions; they could easily have been suborned by someone from another party."

- "Berandot?"

Kanitz smiled, ruefully. "Unfortunately, Cook, you have quite a few enemies. I told you - there are many women who believe that no male should be allowed to command troops. Then there are those who resent you because you're Pylosian."

"Now I've discovered that there are males who dislike you, too."

- "Males? I've ... I don't know any Westron males - except for a gunsmith, and a tailor, and ..."

- "There are several males who would've liked to service Countess Aneli during her hemmer. If she'd been pleased, she might have married again. There are rumours that you've also had Langoret -"

- "That's not true!"

- "I know." said Kanitz. "But rumours and innuendo can sting ... true or not."

- "What about the servant who disappeared?" I asked.

- "She used a lantern, to signal, when you left the Palace. We're following her trail. But I fear she may already be dead."

Shit. This was serious, now.

"On a happier note," said Kanitz, "the Queen has decided to grant you the Belere Palace. Your share of the prize money and the Crown Prince's ransom has also been determined."

- "The Belere? That house ...?"

- "Is yours. A gift from your grateful monarch."

I was stunned. I had a mansion, now? That feeling lasted only until Kanitz passed me a piece of paper. On it was written a number, with so many zeros, that I felt faint.

- "This is ...?"

- "Prize money."

I was filthy, stinking rich.

"One last thing." said Kanitz. She looked me in the eye, making sure that she had my complete attention.

"I assume that you and Talley have had a chance to ... reminisce, about Pylos. May I suggest that the two of you make certain that your stories are ... compatible?"

***

Was Kanitz trying to protect us? Or was she intent on keeping the secret of Pylos a secret? I couldn't tell.

One thing was certain: on the day she wanted the two of us to disappear, our lives wouldn't be worth a damn.

***

Esyle loved the Belere.

Tallia took a step back, and let her little sister see the place, take the lead, and respond to its myriad possibilities. It was a very, very wise thing to do.

- "Oh - this could be the dining room!" said Esyle.

I stepped close to Tallia, and took her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

- "You're a genius." I whispered.

- "No genius. You and I have the army, and the command tent." she said. "My sister needs something that is yours and hers - the two of you. This could be it."

- "When did you become so wise?"

Tallia liked hearing that. Tisucha overheard us, and she smiled as well. She and Talley were with us, for the inaugural visit.

I took Esyle aside.

- "Tell me - do you think that you could turn this into a home? Not just a palace, but a place to live? For all three of us?"

Tallia would've squealed, and leapt into my arms. Esyle just smiled shyly, and reached for my hand.

- "We can live here. There are rooms that be set aside for you: a library, a map-room, a cabinet, for receiving officers. There's a fine dining room, for entertaining guests. The gardens are lovely, too. I could even have a small library."

But we can have several bedchambers, so that you can sleep with whomever you wish to. There could be a nursery, overlooking the gardens ..."

- "Could you organize this, Esyle?" I asked. "I suppose ... what I'm asking is: would you like to be the Lady of Belere?"

She grinned at me. "Is this our second date, Cook?"

***

Ishana shook her head. "We can't accept this."

- "Of course you can. Send it to your family. Or put it aside, and save it."

I had just presented my four bodyguards with a modest amount of cash. Ishana wavered a little longer, but she could tell that her colleagues wanted her to accept it. Nasta was positively vibrating with excitement.

- "We ... we shouldn't accept gifts." said Ishana.

- "Why not? Besides, that's not a gift." I said. "It's just a bonus. I've done the same for every soldier in the regiment."

"This, on the other hand ... this is a gift."

I presented the twin wooden boxes. Ishana hesitated, but curiosity got the better of her: she opened one.

- "Oh ..."

Each box contained a pair of splendid pistols. One for each of my bodyguards.

- "You have to accept, Ishana." I said. "How else can I show my appreciation for what you've done for me?"

- "You could come over when I'm in hemmer." said Koroba, the little blonde. From the challenge in her eye, I guessed that she wasn't just joking.

- "Oh!" said Nasta. "Can we do that?"

Ishana lifted one of the pistols, and lovingly ran her fingertips over it.

- "Thank you, Colonel." she said. "These are ... very fine."

I spread some of my new wealth around. I had to persuade Tisucha to accept some cash; she gave in only when I suggested that she could keep it as a reserve for her daughters.

I sent Yehla some money, too, to help support her family and our unborn child.

The soldiers in the Aneli regiment got a bonus as well. I offered a reasonably good sum to anyone who wanted to retire - enough to purchase a small plot of land, or start a business. Those who remained in the regiment got a smaller amount. After three victories in as many years, many were prepared to stay on.

I also went to visit Oshide's family. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. They were pleased to hear that their daughter had saved my life, but there was no way to pretend that she wouldn't still be alive if she hadn't.

***

Aneli hosted a small dinner gathering at her house in Cercen. That alone created a new problem for me.

The Belere Palace was a much grander place than Aneli's establishment in the capital. It was finer than her estate, too. She had lands, and a title, but would she be jealous when she was invited to the Belere? How would she react if she thought that her protégé was ... outgrowing her?

Langoret and Major Faregil were present. So was Colonel Avette. There was a surprise guest, too, as I discovered when someone slapped me on the back hard enough to nearly dislocate my shoulder.

- "Ha! Cook!"

It was Tudino, standing hands on hips, a bold twinkle in her bright blue eyes, and an impudent grin on her mis-shaped face. She was missing part of one ear, now, too - thanks to a Crolian sniper.

It didn't really matter. Tudino was never going to be mistaken for a beauty. But I found her very appealing. She had courage, and character - and a powerful right arm.

We embraced in front of the others, like long-lost friends.

- "Where have you been?" I asked her. "That's another parade you've missed, now."

- "I'll be at the next one - that I can promise you. As long as you'll let my regiment team up with yours - and share some of the action."

Langoret and I had already discussed it. We were in complete agreement.

- "It will be a pleasure to have you with us." said Langoret.

- "As long as my regiment is included." said Avette.

- "It will be." promised Aneli. "But how will this work, Cook? One brigade of four regiments? Or two brigades?"

- "We have the flexibility to do both. Or even to have four regiments acting independently. With commanders like these," I said, "we can do anything."

- "That sounds like a toast!" laughed Tudino.

It was the first of many. We ate well, and drank a fair bit. Aneli led the conversation, for the most part. I shouldn't have been surprised when she turned to the subject of sex.

- "My last hemmer was fantastic. It could have been the subject of a song. I'm hoping that my next one is just as wonderful. In fact, I suspect that it's already on its way. Another week or two." Then she turned to me.

"Cook - you'll be there for me, won't you?"

Put on the spot like that, I had no choice. Now that she mentioned it, I should have known; there was the faint scent of arousal about her.

- "It would be my pleasure, Countess. You're not the only one who has fond memories of our last encounter."

She grinned at me. I grinned back. Fucking Aneli was no hardship. Langoret was smiling, too, remembering the last time we'd been in this position.

It was an odd little dinner party, though. Aneli made the mistake of trying to match Tudino drink for drink. I can hold my liquor, but Tudino had two hollow legs, from what I could see. Aneli's eyes glazed over, and we had to have her servants carry her to bed.

- "Cook? Could I have a word?" asked Tudino.

- "Of course."

- "In private?"

We stepped into Aneli's sitting room.

- "What's on your mind?" I asked her.

For the first time since I'd met her, Tudino looked mildly embarrassed.

- "It's ... ah, shit. Listen, Cook ... I know that I'm not much to look at. Actually, that's probably an understatement. Males run the other way when they see me coming. But ..."

I blinked - several times. I'd had a fair bit to drink, but somehow I understood her tone before I caught what she was actually saying.

- "Are you ... asking me ...?"

- "Yeah. I'll be in hemmer in a couple of weeks, too. And I thought ... maybe ..."

I couldn't sense anything about Tudino that would have hinted that she was close to hemmer. No scent, no glow ... nothing. But I knew that she didn't think she was attractive.

Her jaw was crooked, her chin was quite big, and the corner of her mouth had been creased by a bullet, at some time in the past. Her nose had been broken, at least once, which I could certainly relate to. No, Tudino was no classic beauty.

But I found the contrast between her coal-black hair and her pale skin quite fascinating. Her eyes were exceptional, too. But it was the whole package which intrigued me. Tudino was a damned good leader, and a battlefield commander with excellent timing.

Her courage was undeniable; I couldn't think of anyone who'd been wounded as often as her, and yet continued to soldier on. I liked her. Hell, I admired her.

- "I would be honoured, Colonel." I said.

- "Really?" She seemed surprised. "I mean ... it's just - I thought that this peace might be my only chance to ... have a child. You ... you don't mind that I'm ..."

- "You're an incredible woman, Tudino. I would take a bullet for you. Joining you for your hemmer sounds much less painful."

She laughed aloud.

- "I like you, Cook. I liked you from the first. I thought it was your nose, but maybe it was your personality all along."

- "Say the word, and I'll be there."

- "Think you can survive both Aneli and me, in the same week?"

- "If I do, I'll hold a parade." I said.

- "Ha! I'll march in that one."

- "Seriously, Tudino: there's just one hurdle - I'll have to ask my ... my lover if she doesn't mind."

- "Why would she?"

Good question. Why would she?

Langoret walked me home, with her aides and my bodyguards.

- "An interesting evening." she said.

- "It was. Do you have any advice, though, on how to prevent Aneli from putting me on the spot like that?"

Langoret smiled. "No. She's a force of nature. I wish I could help you with that - but I fear that you are on your own, where her hemmer is concerned."

- "Thanks."

- "Don't thank me too soon. I may be adding to your ... difficulties."

- "What?" I couldn't help it: I had a sudden vision of Langoret naked.

- "While you were off with Tudino, Colonel Avette asked my advice."

- "About what?"

- "About whether you would attend her in her hemmer."

I shouldn't have been surprised. Avette had taunted Berandot - and others - that she would bear my child. I'd thought that she was just trying to piss them off. Angry words, in the heat of the moment ...

- "She was ... serious?"

- "Oh, yes." said Langoret. Then she laughed again.

***

What a horrible problem. Women who wanted me to have sex with them.

Tudino was right; Tallia didn't mind at all. Including Esyle in our ... arrangement was her idea, anyway. And Aneli was like a legacy; I couldn't really turn her down.

- "Won't it make it awkward, working with these Colonels, afterwards, if we've ...?"

- "Awkward?" said Tallia. "The opposite is more likely, don't you think?"

I took a good long look at my lover. This ought to be good, I thought.

"Remember how you were with me, before we'd copulated?" she said. "Nervous, always careful not to say the wrong thing, afraid to get caught staring at my backside ... wondering how to approach me, the when and the where ..."

I had to laugh. "You're right. But how did you know all that? You are some kind of mind reader ..."

- "It's not very difficult, with you, sometimes." she said. "But how do you feel around me, now?"

- "Like I want to pull your breeches down and bend you over that table ..."

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,307 Followers