All Comments on 'Westrons Pt. 15'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AxelottoAxelottoalmost 5 years ago
For a second

I thought you might go for the ending from "The Duellists" or the Conrad story "The Duel" which inspired the movie... The Berandot equivalent having fired, the narrator equivalent refuses to shoot (her) because tradition dictates he now owns "Berandot"'s life. He tells "Berandot" he must submit to his decision, that in all future dealings with our narrator, "Berandot" shall conduct herself "as a dead woman."

But I like your version as well, and it fits the characters and setting. I am really enjoying this series.

Axelotto

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Another fun chapter

You actually made me laugh out loud with the teasing on page two. Great chapter.

cliqueggecliqueggealmost 5 years ago
I am really enjoying this story

Thank you so much for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Brilliant as usual

The story, characters, pace and style are engrossing.

I find myself checking for updates every couple of days and each epsidoe just whets my appetite for the next.

BigbottomwatcherBigbottomwatcheralmost 5 years ago
On snap

This will hurt as much as the morning after the sneakers... Or the napkin.

This story is very exciting. I wish there were longer, but then I would wait more.

I wonder if the homework will ever come in to play?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Oh you

Mr. AspernEssling the professional cliffhanger.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 5 years ago
Just

Just keeps getting better...But the cliff hangers are killing me! Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Great story, looking forward to more military action.

TjorvenrTjorvenralmost 5 years ago

Argh, you and your cliffhangers!!! :D

*anxiously waiting for the next part*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Loving the story

I would say I wish they were longer, but I love how quick the chapters are coming. And I know, for instance, that if you tried to make them twice as long it would take twice as long to get it posted here if not longer. So you keep doing you. Looking forward to the next chapter

lastman416lastman416almost 5 years ago
Another great chapter

One thing I’ve noticed about this story that I’m enjoying is that you’ve introduced the romantic interests at a good pace so that it’s less likely to get them confused with each other. The Westrons’ different characteristics (such as vivid hair colors) also make it easier to differentiate the cast when their looks are referenced. And this is on top of the unique personalities for each one that comes through in your writing.

The build-up to the duel and the duel itself was great reading. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing where the story goes!

readeralreaderalalmost 5 years ago

Thank you for decreasing the time between your uploads to three from seven days, even if the parts are smaller.

Up to now this is the best story I've read in lit. Of course it is my personal opinion, but I believe that many of your fans agree with me and the ratings come to prove me right.

In the beginning I thought that this story was something between a video game and a fantasy, but now it seems more like something between historical novel and a fantasy!

By the way you named you hero Cook by James Cook, or it is a coincidence? The timeline of western history you use coincides with the explorers.

Thank you again, we all look forward for the next part but not for the final part!

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 4 years ago
That duel

was epic and it was the perfect way to slap down Beranot.

I really like Koroba now--she beat the s**t out of that idiot and she's got a great sense of humor! Avette just added a whole new dimension to herself with how she controlled it all during her hemmer. Thanks for making it a slow, considerate affair, just like she came to a reasoned decision to aid Cook in disobeying her "orders" although she damn sure did the right thing. That was an incredible coupling and she deserves to have one hell of a sharp, composed and calculating (in a positive way) child for all her trouble. :)

Looking to read ahead to discover if turning down Ilona's hemmer will bite him but also if Themis getting married to someone else will really happen. I hope not! :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sorry

Sorry mate I can’t read anymore with what’s happening with Cook and the princess

I still have a 5 star cause I love what you’ve done but I can’t read more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The plot development of having the main character shoot the ground was a stroke of genius. It allowed you to take the narrative in a direction no one expected with a better outcome than readers would hope for. Well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Westrons Pt. 14 Previous Part
Westrons Series Info