All Comments on 'Westrons Pt. 18'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
ThatSpaceLovingChairThatSpaceLovingChairover 4 years ago
Good Stuff

Please keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The best

Thank you! I like your stories a lot! Go ahead for 1000 chapters and beyond

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Makes my day to see your name pop up

Look forward to seeing where this goes.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 4 years ago
I would pay for this

So good

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Free advice

Brilliant work; by far the best of your stories in a literotica which is becoming dominated by repetition by many of its best and most prolific writers and by topics which bore me - like incest and BSDM. To each his own - that was not intended to be judgmental.

But obviously there are a great many of us waking up every morning looking for the next installment of this unique and erotic tale which is already threatening the top story lists.

I am a retired Infantry Colonel. My service took me from being a light infantry (para, air assault, and ranger) platoon leader to armored forces and ultimately to being a global planner. I know something of the politics of high command (as do you!) and have studied military history - mostly mid 18th century onward but with a hat tip to the ancients and to Asia.

Remembering that free advice is often worth what you pay for it, I would ...

1 - create the Light Division in a triangular structure - three brigades of three regiments. As I know you know well, for this kind of fighting, a standardized triangular structure with accompanying artillery can move in a column, attack from a column, form line of battle (as at Gettysburg or Cold Harbor) or form line of battle in echelon (as at Spotsylvania), or even echelon left or right. More importantly to light infantry, it can move in a coherent wedge or vee, two up one back or one up two back, as you did at small unit level at Limset. I can easily imagine cook with his little wooden soldiers explaining that to the queen, besides, standard structure makes logistics easier.

I think you have already decided who the Adjutant will be (in today's world she would be the operations officer) and at least two of the Brigadiers. On deployment, the Adjutant's sister should be the intelligence officer and/or chief engineer - Jackson's map maker.

I would add two special units - a less than regimental size "Guards" unit to secure and move the command post but more importantly to conduct special missions, distractions, and raids. And a group of messengers (lols, leopards? cheetahs?) scattered between the command posts to keep track of where they are, carry messages, run swiftly in the dark, etc.

2 - A Guards Division of three (small) brigades each of an infantry regiment and a (small) heavy artillery regiment. The Queen's Own. Rotate 60 days on "the duty," 60 days training, 60 days home leave or garrison. Keeps palace guards from getting fat and sloppy or political and gives the Queen an iron fist which clould have story potential if she had to use the regiment in training to make a political move.

3 - give the nobles a bit of a break - pledge units for call up so they only train about 30 days a year - the yeomanry, if you will. Creates strategic depth and mobilization potential while consolidating the Queen's ready power in the standing army.

4 - I liked rewarding the solders with booty after the early battles but missed it at Limset - its important. And don't forget to invent the legion of honor.

Thanks for being charitable and reading my musings.

gemman1gemman1over 4 years ago
Great Story

Great Story, keep it up. Pay attention to the Colonel above, some great Ideas there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
thoroughly enjoyable

intrique and army building in a wonderful setting

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Good. Esyle needs to get her act together and get vover her shyness, at least in private with Cook.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well sritte

Well written and engaging. One of best stories in this site.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 4 years ago
Waited for this

installment to come out and I was not disappointed! :)

Nice touch to bring in the actual queen and have Cook explain it to her. I suppose I might have seen his possible promotion coming, but it felt nicer that I didn't. Made perfect sense, though. I'm looking forward to seeing how he advances as a general.

Love how they manage to tease Wenzla. She deserves it!

How major is it to have Lebuc and the Woles on their side? Glad you kept Lebuc relevant.

Ah, Themis...she really does love him, although I'm sure she felt her hemmer coming on. Her love for him feels real, and their full-body contact sleeping was the most genuine thing. 1st one's on the way, and I'm so looking forward to seeing how she handles it once she delivers the 2nd one. I don't know how you will explain that plausibly, but if you handle it carefully, it will be a major day to celebrate to see those 2 reunited. I must confess though that her having that baby still feels like a dagger in the heart.

You've done well for your story and you've kept it "real" and believable. Keep it going please--I'm rooting for you all the way!

frednewfredfrednewfredover 4 years ago
Great work

As a money lender people think I am parsimonious. It does sound better than cheap.

lastman416lastman416over 4 years ago
Themis

I find that Themis being pregnant doesn’t have any emotional impact for me. I get that Cook is besotted with her, and she him. But considering he’s surrounded by other women that also adore him and (by his own admission) are more compatible with him, what happens with Themis is more of a curiosity than the driving plot point it seems like you’re trying to convey. Admittedly, having her tell him that she wants to be with him again in a few years did warm me up to the idea of caring about her as a character, but I’m not really to the point where this “cliffhanger” has the impact of most of your others.

Obviously, I’m still very invested in most of the other primary characters and the story over all. I get excited every time I see a new chapter. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Enjoyment

I have thoroughly enjoyed your "Westrons" thus far.

I have also enjoyed several other of your title.

Excellent work sir - keep it up

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4287 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Westrons Pt. 17 Previous Part
Westrons Series Info