All Comments on 'Westrons Pt. 27'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very nicely done, great storytelling

Really great writing and character development. We come to know and become invested in this world you have created.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I think you’re awesome!

Your work is thoroughly enjoyable! A delightful read! Just ignore any naysayers!

tbakkytbakkyover 4 years ago
Whew!!

What a chapter!

I like Kanitz,I hope nothing happens to her or Cook for that matter. Looks like we might be coming to the end of this story.

I shall miss it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

As always, I’m looking forward to the next chapter!

giroostergiroosterover 4 years ago
Keep posting

I keep an eye out for each submission

muze1602muze1602over 4 years ago
Whew!

Brilliant stuff. Where to from here? Threats from Pylos? Penchen?

Great story and I'm always looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great chapter

Great way to clear/clean up “the spider web.” I was concerned what was coming next but you nailed the solution. Can’t wait for the rest of the story.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 4 years ago
So satisfying.

I do love this story. There is so much more that can, and I pray will, be extrapolated out from this point. Well done AspernEssling, and thank you for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Outstanding!

I just wanted to say that this story is absolutely gripping and a real pleasure to read from beginning to end! All of the characters are real and believable. The writing is clear and fluid. The storyline develops from one turning point to the next. I hope there are many more chapters to come.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just amay

Once again you deliver an amazing journey. I can't wait to see what happens next.

tbakkytbakkyover 4 years ago
Wasn't Isa with?

Isa was with her 1st partner Jiril (as a male) for 3 yrs when Jiril was killed.As yet it has only been a little over 10 months since she changed to be with Cook.So,why can't she remain as a female for 3+ yrs as well?

Senau should change back as soon as possible.His character is boring and miserable.

Maybe Kanitz falls for a hybrid Crolian.

Looking forward to the next chapter.Perhaps by Sunday?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you for the next chapter! Brilliant! Please can we have some more :-)

I love this story and the characters as they have developed, please disregard any of the negative feedback from others - I am captivated and eagerly awaiting the next chapter...would it be possible to make this particular saga an endless one...?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I don't write comments but given your notes at the start I thought I'd say ignore the ignorant trolls. This series has been brilliant and it has been a privilege to watch your writing evolve over the years, keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why does everybody keep saying Cook is no good at politics?

He’s much better than Aneli and Berandot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic story

I'm sensing that the story is getting close to its ending. I've never commented before but wanted to say that this is the best story I've read on Literotica. Ever. I hope you keep writing; I've enjoyed all your stories. But you've outdone yourself here.

DrizdartDrizdartover 4 years ago
Wrapping up the story

I continue to enjoy the story, the intrigue, the cultures, and the political realities.

I found the ending paragraphs of this part off-putting. The punishments are clear consequences, and obviously fit the crimes. But putting them last puts a particular emphasis on them, on the "losers" of the intrigue. It would make more sense to me to drop them into the chapter, then talk about the newly rewarded individuals and their growing understanding and enhanced power.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too perfect

Cook's reactions are too ideal, he just gets over betrayal like it's a minor thing, instead of throwing the towel in and having nothing more to do with the queen and the chancellor he apologizes to THEM, "sorry I got mad when I found out you made plans to kill me if shit went south, totally irrational of me" all that being said I still do like the story, I just find cook's attitude unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Soooo

Where do you go from here?

I really enjoy this story I am not anxious for it to end, but I’ll be damned if I know where you’re taking it from here. I hope you still have something up your sleeve.

I have enjoyed all of your stories very much, thank you.

K.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another strong chapter in a well written tale

Came for the sex... stayed for the story. You’ve delivered another good chapter and continue to build well rounded characters at a pace which I envy. Thank you, and looking forward to future chapters in this interesting world!

ErocratErocratover 4 years ago
Alien thinking

So some humans disapprove of a non-human, non-earth world and its goings-on (and something about a 'coma'. That at least made me laugh). I can't imagine why that would bother you - the flea doesn't decide on the dog's life, much less if it's living on a different dog. Yet you spend a quarter of this chapter rebuking Talley (guilt by association, but subtle. Nice!) and end it with commoners being "publicly flogged, and then hanged" instead of the usual cliff hanging. I mean hanger. Cliffhanger. Whatever. Not subtle at all, there. Would you now please forget about the human idiots in your audience (they're not responsible and therefore, like the rest of us, shouldn't really have any influence) and focus on this mesmerizing world of yours? I really kinda dig reading about it. My question to you, therefore, still remains: "Please, sir, can I have some more?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Another wonderful chapter. Please don't get disheartened if you get more criticism. It shows that people are taking you into consideration and are trying to put into their morality with the story which is vastly different.

Another good cliffhanger about kanitz. Does it mean it is going to be ended. Or Maia simonia taking in the reins since her two daughters are already there. Intrigues, intrigues,

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome story

I always eagerly anticipate the next installment, you write beautifully and possess a fantastic imagination, a rare gift. Don’t let the haters get to you. The only thing I would suggest is to maybe incorporate afota and his background back into the story, as the time spent on it in the beginning chapters have made me very interested and invested in it, and would like to see some sort of craziness like the whole thing was a test by an element of afota that finds and tests intelligent, thinking officers to lead the sheep. Totally understand if your entire story arc is planned already, and just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy the story and the world you’ve created. Thanks so much for choosing to share this with us!

Jason

FuddyDuddyDudeFuddyDuddyDudeover 4 years ago
Thank you.

You are an outstanding storyteller

Thank for continuing to write.

FDD

KellvallonKellvallonover 4 years ago
Cooks Future

I have to wonder if Cook could possibly be considering visiting the Penchan kingdom for a while in order to escape all this political intrigue. I feel like he has a lot of friends but no one he can completely trust. I would think that after so long of being unable to be completely honest with anyone it would begin to wear on him. After all it is an alien world.

Any way great job and keep up the amazing work. I was pleased to see Illoni get what she had coming to her.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 4 years ago
What a quick

turn of events! You drew out Ishana perfectly on this, as I thought she was a traitor. You really made the revelation to Cook about his "bodyguards" effectively being the Queen's spies and would-be assassins if Cook did think of stepping out of line. Well done. I must say though that I wonder how this "last time" with Kanitz will be explained, as that seems quite the shocker. I also question if Tudino, Langoret and Berandot will return to being colonels or only stay on the Council. You sure made quick work of Iloni!

You've woven quite the intricate tale here, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter...as I was chomping at the bit already because I wasn't reading this yesterday! Maintain your efforts, for these are great stories, and I liked the big change where you minimized historical comments thus leaving room to explain the intrigue. I can't help but think about how things may shake out once Tallia has her baby and Isa changes back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Aww, Kanitz was a favorite character of mine.

BigbottomwatcherBigbottomwatcherover 4 years ago
Dark times

Interesting twist. I see now how it was always going to be like this. I fear I will not like the end of some family. I fear the end of the story as well. I truly enjoy you work.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 4 years ago
So good

Ignore comments of people who are not into the story. This is gold.

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardover 4 years ago
Excellent... again!

I have a few rules about what I read here...

generally, I prefer long stories... things with character development and a plot, and usually I don't like the Sci-Fi category... but

another rule I have is to at least start to read anything that you write, as I enjoy your writing so much... and here I am at chapter 27, waiting for more.

Don't let any negative comments about you or your writing overshadow this! I have thoroughly enjoyed all of your stories, and look forward to many more!

Thank you for the time and effort you put into these, and for the enjoyment that you have brought to many, myself included.

LalawmanLalawmanover 4 years ago
It's a rollercoaster... a motherf#*king rollercoaster.

I've been following the story from the beginning - waiting on each chapter. I kind of hoped Ishana would somehow return to the fold. The thought that Oshide and Koroba were the "designated felons" (i.e., assassins) bummed me out. I know this is fiction but Kanitz's willingness to do anything to protect Maia Matilda/the "crown" seems to border on socieopathy. I really hate rollercoasters and for some obtuse reason I ride one every chance I get. I have no idea where this story is going but I am in it until the end. 5*

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaover 4 years ago
Keep up the good work...

Hey AE,

Everyone has conditioning that shapes how they interact with the world. Most of us are unaware of it, and in fact vigorously defend our "choices" as somehow more sacred than the "choices" of people with different conditioning. VERY few people want to throw it off, it's too scary, really uncomfortable, and tends to isolate us from large numbers of our former friends who dislike our new willingness to question the conditioning we previously had in common.

From the comments, I get the impression that you challenge some people's conditioning. There's nothing you can do to ameliorate their discomfort, other than not writing (which I hope you do NOT do). You've done a great job - warning people of the content, and remaining calm about the comments. Good on you.

If it gets to be too much, I think there's a way to delete individual comments, or by poster. I also think you could contact the moderators if you wanted to. I hope it helps to know that there are readers out there who like your writing just as it is (thank you very much) and who don't want you to change your style to make someone else more comfortable.

Keep doing your thing, and thanks for doing it!

Mel

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 4 years ago
Excellent

I am grateful for the efforts of authors on this site.

I am even more grateful and admiring of those who have a fresh imagination and importantly, for me, can write with style, good grammar and spelling.

This tale, by this this author, satisfies all my criteria.

My native language is British English and I am old enough to have been educated

in the days when literate use of my language was taught.

I look forward to each new chapter and urge the author to ignore the petty minded carping of commentators who do not possess one tenth of his/her talent.

If I have made errors in syntax, or punctuation, put it down to fat fingers in a mobile phone keyboard

😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
well

you can change the society as you please as the author, as you stated in the forward to the book. But you should remember, this does not change the rules of society of your readers........... many of whom reacted poorly in previous chapters. So. as an author, you need to decide, write for yourself, or write for your readers. It is what it is. if you want to eventually make money at it, you make one choice. If not, then another.

Dunmovyniv(on 2ndary device too last to sign in)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A great new chapter but...

Its been a great ride so far but if some of the speculation is correct and this is coming to an end soon there are a few things Id personally like to see. On a story note it would be nice, especially given their current civil war, to explore the some of the non-blatantly evil aspects of the Croalians. Surely they are not an utterly irredeemable race and this would be a fine opportunity to bring in their side of the story, especially given that the Westrons are clearly capable of plenty of evil themselves and are surely not blameless in the war. Both appear to be cannibalistic too, which is not something that's easy to forget, clearly these species differ from humans in more ways then monogamy. Also why not explore the Woles a bit more, particularly in a romantic sense, I certainly believed the protagonist would have explored that race before the asexual ones. Regardless, congrats so far, youve built an interesting world here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Re: @The_Pedant

I am thankful to have found someone who expressed my exact opinions, so that I didn't have to do so. 👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
GREAT STORY as usual!!!!

Don't listen to anything different. I look forward to seeing anything you write. Thanks so much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A satisfying dinner.

I am an admitted read-a-holic. So rabid am I there should be a 12 step program for those of my ilk. Keep writing. Listen not to the distant forest drums,, they are loud because they are hollow. I enjoy your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good chapter

"Author's note: I have to say, I'm disappointed by the flurry of comments from people who obviously prefer selections from the 'Loving Wives' category."

That's funny. The last few chapters would have fit in that category perfectly

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This story is so interesting, because it explores possible differences arising, if some of our axioms of life as humans were turned upside down. How that could affect social fabric, emotional connections and sexuality. In fact, something you haven't yet explored and I am looking forward to is how child-parent relationships play out.

I enjoyed this chapter. The betrayal of Cook isn't even outworldly. It is an absolutely natural conclusion from the story, how and why his bodyguards were his potential assassins. It is also no wonder that the most friendly and unabrasive personalities would have been the ones Cook was least suspicious about and the ones ordered to do the deed. Kanitz and Themis would both give their own life to keep the government together. It is not far fetched that they would sacrifice even someone they loved. I liked that you didn't have Koroba promise him that she would protect him against a kill order by someone else.

Not informing Cook of this conspiracy is perfectly in line with the characters, too. They had suspicions, but no game plan. So they likely didn't know that anything would happen at that time. Although, testing his ultimate loyalty could have been a motivation, if I want to let my mind wander into darker alleys.

Lastly, don't mind the trolls. Not everyone is going to like your stories. I like this story, because it is YOUR creation.

crispybearcrispybearover 4 years ago
Thank you!

I look forward to every new part of the story.

Wonder what direction this story will end. I am worried about little tidbit about Cook not sleeping with Kanitz anymore....why would this be? It's not like she has a stable of potential mates in the wings. Does Cook's enemies from Pylos make a return visit?

highshine808highshine808over 4 years ago
first ***** for westrons

exploration of terran/westron sexual morals dichotomy

and cooks integration contrasted to talleys did it.

mass execution of nobles & officers

always makes for a great ending too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not Kanitz!

I hope Wenzla doesn’t go quietly into the night. She’s by far one of your more interesting characters and it would be a real shame for her to be sidelined after all this time - especially if it’s because Cook’s frustrated with her for just doing her (admittedly unsavoury) job. She’s a refreshingly different character who’s well fleshed out with her morals and ideals standing slightlyvat odds with the others, even if she’d not strictly ‘wrong’. It would be a shame to lose that.

On a different note, interesting choice of ending for Illoni. On one hand the abruptness was a nice dramatic undercut after all the buildup, but more selfishly I have to confess I was hoping for something a little more kinky. For all her enumerable flaws, she was very hot. Shame we didn’t get to see more of her - I do love a good villain. Alas, the death worked and was darkly comical.

Enjoying the story so far though, overall! Curious to see whether the ‘Pylosians’ ever return.

OtherwiseUnkown

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I’m surprised you deleted my comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@anon

I've noticed that too. Seems this author only likes positive comments

(Watch this one get deleted too)

insert_nameinsert_nameover 4 years ago
More great work

I'm loving this series - that should be obvious as I'm here reading and commenting on the 27th chapter!

Don't pay much attention to the negative (and anonymous) comments, your characters, plot and writing have kept me coming back for more.

Thanks

Clancy2651Clancy2651about 3 years ago

This story is fantastic

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr9 months ago

Cook now comes across as such a simp. No reaction to being a cuckold several times over. Culture differences blah blah he is still Terran. There was no struggling with it or coming to terms with it. He just instantly accepts it with Themis and then again with Talia. Now he is made for like 1/2 a day about being very personally betrayed by his closest confidants and blah blah 1 paragraph later HE GOES BACK TO APOLOGIZE? Come on dude. Have some freaking self respect. The battle chapters are excellent and carry the story but the relationships have jumped the shark several times over.

Comentarista82Comentarista825 minutes ago

I think at this point, after 4 years of separation from his tale, I finally understand how well you crafted the political side of this and how can it's had to walk such a fine line. Part of me is still really shocked that Oshide might have killed him had he stepped out of line...but I understand the idea; just as I understand the same idea that Kenitz might have asked Koroba to murder Cook if he stepped out of line. The part where I see you changed it a little bit though was with Koroba, because while I knew she was a fierce little wench and there was no doubt that she really was basically head over heels for Cook. I love the fact that when she got her impish smile back too.

***

What I'm really sad to read about is that the last two chapters people really bitched about Cook having multiple lovers and just generally being a pain. While I can understand them to a point, you have always been fair as an author and you've never pulled your punches (you're a lot like Kanitz). In fact, you're one of the few guys that I can read stuff from that would normally be out of my comfort zone? However, the way you put it, you sanitize it to where it's understandable. So I am going to step out and point blank say the people that just wanted to ridicule the story because they thought Cook was just screwing anything that moved they were out of line, and I'm glad you dealt with them. I think that's the thing that this piece of writing illustrates about you--and that's that you're open-minded enough to accept multiple points of view--but you're willing to maintain your story. It takes just as much courage to have an open enough mind be able to accept input, but to also know when to stay true to your story. I'll even admit that sometimes I've had disagreements with some of the stuff you've done, but I may have never expressed them... but nearly always I've been nearly 100% satisfied with how you resolved things, which is the best testament to your story writing, because even though there are some things that you choose to end on that won't please everybody, you generally have satisfying enough endings that actually will please most people.

***

I believe what some people have railed against in some of the comments is basically the idea of polyamory, which isn't too popular idea anyway. As for me, that's not something I could ever do. However, the biggest historical example we have of this would have been King Solomon: while it kind of worked for him because he was able to maintain his focus on what mattered and what he should have, it largely ended up removing him from his proper focus-- and that's the real danger of it--and although he was able to redeem himself at the end of his life, he did manage to inflict a great deal of suffering on both himself and the people he ruled over for the time that he went off the rails. This is why I say that I don't believe you've ever tried to take advantage of asking a reader to suspend too much disbelief with what you write, because usually you ground it well enough in what you're trying to say and what you're trying to get across that it doesn't seem too far fetched. That's what I appreciate most about you, is that you keep it as real as you can, while you're still trying to successfully craft the fictional element into the type of story you would like to write about. This is why I consider you one of the best authors at the site, because you don't try to necessarily foist upon the readers only your vision of what you think should be done, and you actually have a pretty good way of anticipating most people's objections and accounting for most people's general tastes in many ways. So yeah, I really want to express my appreciation, as I can now look back at the story and say most definitely that while your quality has remained consistent over the years, you've expanded your range and versatility which will only benefit you dash dash but especially us as readers. Keep steaming ahead man!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4338 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Westrons Pt. 26 Previous Part
Westrons Series Info