What a Shortstop Does Ch. 20-24

Story Info
The only fair thing in life is a ball hit between 1st & 3rd.
13.1k words
4.89
13.6k
59

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/03/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Reader,

Thank you for making it to part 5 with me! For those of you just joining, please check out the other chapters before enjoying this set, you'll be happier, I promise.

xo Kate

_

Chapter 20: Family Time

"Sarah, did you look up a place with batting cages for tomorrow?" Ro asked through a mouthful of bread.

The Daly family and Sarah sat at the large dining table in the formal dining room as the sun began to set outside. Ro's mother and father sat at each end with all the children piled in the middle. Sarah thought it was oddly traditional compared with her family's dining habits of eating while standing around the kitchen island.

She swallowed her own bread before answering, "Yeah, there's a family fun center not too far away that has some. Not great, but better than nothing." Sarah knew the equipment at these places had to be bad, but the reviews online were fairly positive and she needed to get at least three sessions in over the week.

"Batting cages?" Ro's brother, Shay, looked up from his plate, "Why are you going to some batting cages?" Shay was the oldest Daly and the shortest. He worked for a local animal rescue and did odd jobs on the side. He also still delighted in torturing his younger siblings, even if they were all practically adults.

Ro let out an exasperated huff, "Sarah's on the softball team. She's got to practice this week."

The look that the three brothers exchanged over the table was positively evil. Sarah braced herself.

Killian was the first to speak, "Oh, so you're a softball player, Sarah?" His eyes glimmered dangerously as he tried to contain his glee, "How interesting!"

Shay smiled, "Yes, very! A softball player, hmm? What position do you play?"

Sarah saw Ro bristle, but answered smoothly, "Shortstop."

Connor, the youngest and most outspoken, leaned back in his chair, side-eyeing Sarah as she took a long pull from her water. "Hm...that's an important position. You must be quick on your feet," he paused for dramatic effect, "and good with your hands."

"Connor! Dad!" Ro shouted for her father to intervene.

"Roisin, don't shout at the table," her mother snipped. Either she didn't see the wicked looks the boys had exchanged or she didn't care to address them now. Sarah thought it was the latter. Mrs. Daly was too observant, especially about her children.

"Be nice, boys," Mr. Daly chided quietly.

"It's okay, Mr. Daly," Sarah suddenly felt her competitive side flair, "I am good with my hands. I'm a great hitter." She flashed her own challenging smile, directed mainly at Connor, "We should all go try some batting tomorrow. Unless you're afraid of being shown up by a girl?"

"You're on!" Connor and Shay cried.

Killian just murmured as he lifted his glass, "A fucking softball player," he chuckled, "what a cliché."

"Language!" Mrs. Daly's warning effectively ended the dinner conversation.

_ _

"I'm sorry about them," Ro sighed as she and Sarah lounged on the couch after dinner had been cleared.

"It's okay, really. I don't have siblings, but I've got a healthy relationship with my cousins, they are pretty much like that too. They, um, made a comment or two when I told them you were a dancer."

Ro smiled and leaned onto Sarah's shoulder. Connor and Killian had gone up to one of their rooms to play video games, Shay had gone home, and Mr. and Mrs. Daly were out watering the start of a garden in the backyard. She and Ro were alone for the moment and Ro's casual contact was more than welcomed by her girlfriend. Sarah gently began running her fingers over Ro's exposed thigh.

A trail of goosebumps followed her finger. "Mmm," Ro closed her eyes and relaxed more.

"You think we're going to get any alone time this week?" Sarah whispered huskily.

"Ugh, I hope so. You're killing me with that," Ro gestured to Sarah's hands, then paused and made a sweeping motion to her whole body.

Sarah laughed, "I'm killing you with what? All of me?"

"Yup," Ro rested her head further on Sarah's shoulder and tucked her arm behind her on the couch.

"Well, I can think of a lot of things I'd like to do to all of you," she breathed in Ro's ear.

Ro whined, "Like?"

"I'd like to get into your shorts for one. I think your perfect ass has been begging for a squeeze all day." She kept tracing spirals on Ro's leg, but let her fingers wander higher up just under the hem of Ro's shorts. "Then I'd like to reach around and tease your clit with my fingers until you're dripping wet."

The moan that came out of Ro was quiet, but Sarah still tensed at the noise. Her dirty talk was improving, clearly, if she could get Ro to make noise while barely touching her.

"I want to rub your clit with my thumb and work two of my fingers into your wet, hot-" The sound of the back door opening cut off the rest of Sarah's desires.

"Girls?" Mr. Daly called as he entered the living room through the mud room. Ro sat up straighter and Sarah pulled her hand back, tucking her hands under her crossed arms. "It's getting dark, you should get your things out of your car, Roisin. Show Sarah up to Shay's old room."

"Okay, Dad." Ro stood up from the couch just as Mrs. Daly walked into the room. Sarah wondered if him coming in first was a decoy to make sure they were being appropriate before his wife entered.

They unloaded their bags from Ro's car and hoisted them up the narrow staircase to the second floor. The hallway upstairs ran the length of the house with doors on both sides and a window at each end. Ro led Sarah to the furthest room on the right-hand side and shoved open the door. Sarah could hear video game music and arguing in the room across the hall.

"This was Shay's room, just a guest room now basically, since he has his own place." The green bedroom was simple and clean. It had two windows, being a corner room, with a twin bed tucked against one wall and a dresser against the other. Sarah tossed her bag of softball gear onto the floor and put her suitcase on the bed.

"It's nice!"

"Yeah," Ro shrugged, "Come on, I'll show you my room and the bathroom." She led Sarah out and back down the hall. "Connor's room is across from yours, Killian's is next to his, my parents' room is across from mine down here. That's to the bathroom." Ro gestured over her shoulder as they passed the rooms right and left. She stopped at the door on the complete opposite side of the house from where Sarah was staying and pushed open the door.

Ro's childhood bedroom was, well, pure chaos was a good term. There were ribbons and trophies adorning shelves that looked faded and dusty. Some of the trophies were covered in hair ties and bows that had been tossed onto them over the years. A long, low dresser was shoved off center on one wall and a full sized bed took up the majority of the floor space. No single color scheme existed. It was an explosion of rainbow and bold. The walls were pale yellow with wood floors below, but several bright area rugs did their best to mask the practical flooring. Posters from bands, of dancers, and a few odd movies littered the walls. Nothing was hung straight, save for the trophy shelves. It was loud and bright and pure Ro.

"Wow. This is..."

"A mess?" Ro offered.

"Exactly what I should have expected," Sarah shrugged and flashed Ro a smile. "What are all these for?" She gestured to the trophies and ribbons.

"Dance competitions. I keep meaning to take them down, but I don't really know what else I'd keep on the shelves."

Sarah smiled, "I guess I didn't know dancers had competitions."

"Yeah, all over the country."

"There's a lot of blue ribbons up there, did you win a lot?" Sarah raised her eyebrows at the sheer volume of satin ribbons spilling off the shelves.

Ro sighed, "Um, I guess." She threw her bags down on the bed. "Anyway, want to get ready for bed?"

The two changed in their separate rooms and took turns using the bathroom and brushing their teeth. Sarah could still hear Connor and Killian shouting at some game as she sat on Ro's bed with her organic chem books opened. Ro was stretching on the floor and trying very hard to distract Sarah from reading. The door was still open, an unspoken requirement apparently when a "friend" was over. Mrs. Daly walked by on her way to her room.

"Time for bed, Roisin," she gave Sarah a stern look.

"Mom, it's not even late. Killian and Connor are still playing video games."

"Roisin, it is time for bed. Sarah can stay up and study in the guestroom if she wishes." Her eyes flashed grimly over Sarah's books sprawled on the bed. Sarah took the hint and started gathering her things.

"That's so unfair, mom. We're on break! We're adults!"

"Roisin Maria Daly, enough. It is time for bed. You chose to spend your break here, you will follow our rules." Mrs. Daly didn't shout, but her stern voice was enough to make Sarah feel like a misbehaving seven year old. She piled her books up into her arms and jumped off the bed.

Ro just glared at her mom as Mrs. Daly stepped back.

"Good night," Sarah coughed as she slipped out of the room.

She heard two doors close louder than necessary behind her as she plodded down the hallway. Before she made it to the safety of her room, the door across the hall opened and Killian poked his head out. He was sitting on the floor, so his head was low as Sarah passed.

"Don't worry about mom," he said with a genuine smile, "she's just worried about you softball player-types ravishing her little girl in the night!" The mischief in his eyes flashed as he closed the door again.

Sarah rolled her eyes as she pushed her door closed. Her phone buzzed in her pocket.

R: Sorry about that. Mom's weird about girls in our rooms.

S: Understandable. I was ready to throw you down on top of my chem books and rip those infuriatingly tight shorts off your ass anyway.

Ro sent back a series of inappropriate emojis and the two texted late into the night, away from the watchful eyes and ears of Ro's mother.

_ _

The next morning, Sarah got up early for a run and found Killian in the front yard, preparing to do the same.

"Good morning!" He said cheerily. "Going for a run?"

Sarah nodded and started some basic stretches. "How far are you going?" she asked.

Killian shrugged, "Couple blocks, five miles, I never know until I get started."

She laughed, "Well, I'm going three miles, if you want to help me find a good route...?" She'd planned to just run out fifteen minutes and back and hope she didn't get lost.

"Sure! Try and keep up, shortstop," Killian smiled and started off on the road. Sarah started her watch and followed. She liked Killian, he reminded her of her cousin, Ryan. All easy manners and occasionally inappropriate jokes. They kept a good pace together, not talking much but it was a comfortable silence. When they finally collapsed back into the front yard, Killian seemed to make a decision.

"Sarah, I know my parents are...tough on Ro. A little intolerant, maybe. But I want you to know I don't feel that way. Neither does Connor."

"Thanks," Sarah said quietly as she stretched.

"Is, uh, your family accepting of this?" Killian asked hesitantly.

Sarah sighed, "Uh, well, my family doesn't know. They don't know I'm- that I'm..."

"Gotcha." Killian looked concerned. "Well, keep your chin up. I don't know if mom and dad will come around, but Ro certainly seems to like you."

"I like her too," Sarah offered as she shook out her legs and headed for the house.

"Ugh, sweaty!" Ro was coming down the stairs in her tank top and shorts when Sarah entered the house. "Go shower, you stink," she teased as Sarah ascended the stairs next to her.

Sarah let her hand brush over Ro's ass as she went by, "I wish I could have you in the shower with me," she breathed into Ro's ear. She had the satisfaction of hearing Ro's breath hitch before she continued up to her room to gather clean clothes.

It took the two younger Dalys most of the morning to get around and eat breakfast. Mr. Daly, usually up early and out in his garden, was amused at the slow moving 20-somethings, but didn't comment as he knew they were going to enjoy their low-key spring break.

"Well, the festival doesn't start until 3 o'clock. What are you lazy bones going to do until then?" He chuckled as Connor finally came down the stairs, bleary eyed and looking for coffee.

"We're going to the batting cages, right guys?" Sarah smiled at Ro's brothers, "A little friendly competition."

Ro giggled, "I can't wait to see this."

Connor looked less sure than he had last night and Killian winked at Ro over his coffee mug.

_ _

The warm spring sun filled the batting cages as Sarah got her gear out of her bag. Killian and Connor were already in another cage taking practice swings with the fun center's provided bats, Shay was wandering around the outside of the cages. Sarah felt Ro's eyes on her as she tightened her batting glove.

"You look hot when you get competitive," Ro said in a low voice. Her eyes roamed hungrily over Sarah's body.

"Best behavior, baby. Your brothers are right there," Sarah chuckled.

"Oh I know," Ro sighed, "I didn't think this week through enough. It's going to be very hard not to have sex with you."

Sarah smiled and set a hand on Ro's shoulder. "True, but we can always go back to campus early. Your apartment will be very empty this week, right?"

Ro nodded. She tried to graze her fingers up Sarah's arm, but Sarah pulled her hand away from Ro's shoulder. She feigned adjusting her batting glove again, but really, Sarah had noticed a family walking by to the minigolf course and didn't want to be touching Ro as they passed.

If Ro noticed the gesture, she didn't comment. Instead she turned briskly to her brothers in the neighboring cage and hollered.

"Watch how it's done, boys!"

Sarah stretched her shoulders, entered the cage, and squared off with the ancient equipment. It really wasn't too bad. The pitches came mostly evenly and she was able to rocket every single one into the back of the netting. She felt the familiar flex of her muscles as she went through the motions.

The Daly boys weren't as smooth. Connor was all nerves once it came to actually taking a swing. He called pitches off target that Sarah would have swung for. Killian was all strength, no accuracy. He could hit it hard, but it quite often ran foul. Shay, seeing the jig was up, laughingly conceded to Sarah after the third pitch flew by him so fast he swung almost a full second late.

"Alright, Sarah. You proved your point. But, I bet softball player skills don't translate to go-karts! Last one around the track buys the first round at the festival?"

"You're on!" Sarah cried. Connor and Killian laughed and Ro rolled her eyes as she tried to keep up to the go-kart track.

Chapter 21: The Festival

The rest of the afternoon at the fun center passed quickly for the Daly's and Sarah. They raced go-karts, ate greasy pizza, and tried their hands at a few cheap arcade games. By 2:30pm, they made their way back home to change. Mrs. Daly met them at the door and hurried them along to get ready. She was coming down to the festival to meet some friends from church and wanted to be early enough to grab a table inside one of the tents.

"Shake a leg, guys! Your mother is ready to go!" Mr. Daly called up the stairs just before 3 o'clock.

Sarah stooped to slip on her purple Vans. She chose comfortable shoes and her usual thigh length shorts. Her green t-shirt was a little more muted than her signature crazy bright colors and she grabbed a navy hoodie to throw over it in case the warm spring weather faded this evening. She'd left her hair down, but braided some small sections here and there to add a little texture to her dirty blonde waves. As she straightened up, she caught Ro coming down the stairs.

Ro was wearing skin tight, black jeans and short, leather boots. Her green plaid shirt was tied around her waist and her cleavage was on full display in a white tank top. The black ringlets were pulled half back, out of her face, but falling to her shoulders. Sarah watched her bounce down the stairs.

"Like what you see, Golding?" Ro wiggled her eyebrows at Sarah. Then wiggled her chest.

Sarah's mouth went dry. "Uh- um..."

Ro laughed, "Come on, we'll ride with Shay." She grabbed Sarah's hand and dragged her out the door.

The Irish festival was set up as a collaboration between the downtown businesses and the Irish heritage association. Mrs. Daly was a proud member of the association and many of the members of her church were as well. She bustled into the tented area and found her friends at a table near the back. They were already chatting away as the first band set up on a temporary stage. It looked like an older group with traditional instruments propped up on their chairs or under their chins.

"Roisin!" a squeal erupted behind them from outside the tent and a couple young women bobbed into view.

"Lacy, Elaine! Hi!" Ro took Sarah's hand and led her out the tent to meet her friends. "Sarah, this is Lacy and Elaine MacDonald. We used to dance together. Girls, this is my girlfriend, Sarah Golding." Sarah faltered at the bold introduction, but managed to exchange handshakes and greetings.

"Roisin, are you going to dance with us tonight? The Blaze's will be playing a set later. We'd love to have you on stage!"

"I don't know. I don't want to leave Sarah alone, ya know?" Ro squeezed Sarah's arm.

"I'd love to watch you dance!" Sarah exclaimed, "I take it this isn't ballet this time?"

The women laughed, "Of course not! Irish step-dancing is much more fun than that. Have you ever seen it?"

Sarah shook her head and Lacy grinned, "You're going to love it."

The band kicked up and the lively music spilled into the street from the tent. Ro led her through booths of crafts and food. They stopped at a beer tent to grab a cold drink and continued around the festival square. The crowd seemed to be an even mix of Irish heritage members and folks wearing green "Kiss me I'm Irish" shirts despite Sarah's certainty that they were not Irish. Sarah bought a light-up four leaf clover necklace and Ro got a headband with two clovers popping off the top on springs. It bobbed sweetly as she turned her head to take in the sights.

Shay and Killian had found a group of friends and were busy drinking and raising a raucous off near one of the beer tents. Connor, the only underage Daly, had found his own group by a couple carnival games set up at the corner of the block. The street was bustling and the music from the tent swelled as people milled about.

"This is really cool, Ro," Sarah grinned, taking a bite of her corned beef sandwich while seated on a curb.

"Thanks, it's going to be wilder tonight. When the St. Patty's weekend crowd spills out of the bar, some come here to continue the party. It's usually when the better bands play too." Ro gestured to a larger outdoor stage set up in a parking lot off the street. It looked like a typical concert stage, rising above the sidewalk with a real sound system and a black backdrop.

"And you're going to dance with them?"

"Yeah, maybe. If you'll be okay in the crowd? I didn't even bring my shoes though, or a dance dress." Ro shrugged.

"I can't wait to see it," Sarah smiled and knocked her knee into Ro's.

"Come with me," Ro finished her sandwich and stood. "There's a few singers set to start soon. I think you'll like them." Ro led the way back to the white tent. Her mother was sitting with her friends, laughing and drinking from a small glass. Sarah thought Mrs. Daly looked years younger when she laughed and she could see where Ro got her beauty. Mr. Daly was closer to the stage with a group of men playing a game that looked like backgammon. The tables were almost all filled up now, Sarah noticed. The bands had rotated and a group of players of mixed ages were setting up instruments as the sun began to set outside.