All Comments on 'What a Shortstop Does Ch. 20-24'

by CreatingKate

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
GinnyPPCGinnyPPCover 3 years ago

Oh my! Oh no! Sarah, Ro. Please get them back together. This is the best chapter yet Kate. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Omg

Omg that escalated and i am immersed

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Beautiful story, i can't wait for next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I asked for the drama, and ask and you shall receive, I guess. I really did bring this on myself.

Honestly though, this was a pretty great chapter. I mean, it feels terrible, but it's supposed to. And, importantly, it gives us some context that transforms Sarah not coming out from something I was getting a little annoyed by into something I can once again sympathize with - the scenes with Ro's parents would have probably made anyone think about that twice. Also, I found the pacing, as always, superb. So, really good job, again! But be back really soon, please? Few writers know this, but leaving your readers heartbroken is actually explicitly against the Geneva convention...

Inscription1213Inscription1213over 3 years ago
Continue the good work

Another great chapter. So sad to see both of them struggle coming out. So sad that today still in the 21st century, some parents would kick their kids out because of sexual orientation and wrong religious beliefs.

Continue the good work. Can’t wait for more of their adventures. I hope more happiness comes in the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Parents...we always know. I love how you have woven your tale this way. It finally blew up into Sarah’s face over her fear, but I don’t think it is over just yet...please let her win Ro back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anticipation

I am not reading many love stories but COMEONE! Dont let us wait to long for the last part! Keep that good work up! Greetings from Italy.

MigbirdMigbirdover 3 years ago
So Good

Wow - so painful, so poignant, so captivating - you write so well. Surely more about Sarah and Ro - richly developed lead characters not to mention others in this must read tale. Thanks for sharing from your imagination.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 3 years ago

Very. I let written chapter. You’ve done a wonderful job in setting up this relationship and the real life hurdles they must get through to have a truly loving relationship. Although I know Sarah’s issue with coming out publicly, the way the story flowed with the support of Ro’s brothers, the way she ensured Ro was taken care of after the incident with her parents I thought that would’ve have given her more courage to talk with her parents. The tension you’ve built in the previous chapters has come to a boil and I’m looking forward to see where you take Ro and Sarah. Can’t wait to read more, thank you taking the time to share.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I'm going to preface this by saying I love the story so far and can't wait to read more. This is just my thoughts on Ro as a character. Your characters feel real because they aren't perfect. They make mistakes just like the rest of us.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ro in this one. I see where she's coming from in wanting her partner to be proud to be with her. And hoped that the person she's obviously in love with, also loves her enough to risk coming out for her. But I also think that it was very selfish of her to push Sarah the way she did. Sarah has obviously been scared of how her parents were going to react from the start. And then seeing Ro's parents all but disown her because she's gay just added to that anxiety. And this is all fairly new to Sarah as she had just realized she was gay at the beginning of the school year, while Ro has been out since high school.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Totally enthralled

Thank you for this entertaining, absorbing love story! So well written! Worst part is waiting for the next part!

XactoXactoover 3 years ago
Gulp ...

Boy, THAT was a gut punch! Great story, even though it was hard to see the pain the characters were feeling. I’m sorry this rings so true. ☹️

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love this!!

This is a wonderful story. It describes the fear so many of us had with coming out. The fear of rejection of losing the love of family and friends.

Hope to get the next chapter soon.

Marbury1803Marbury1803over 3 years ago
Wow

I have been following this little story all along, enjoying it, being a little annoyed with Sarah, but altogether appreciating where we were going, figuring , as is usually the case, that we were close to a happy ending. Damn. As one of the commenters put it, total gut punch. Damn. What Ro did made perfect sense. As the parent of a Ro type person (ie, a Dance Dad) I know about the pressures for scholarships, jobs etc. Your drawing of her is so on point. And I know Sarah was in love with Ro, but she was also taking her for granted, til the end of this chapter. A sort of "Manana'" attitude that left Ro no good choice. Anyway, now can't wait for more. I was rating this a solid 4+ until this.....I only wish I could give it a 10 right now. Very well done.

Air_DryAir_Dryover 3 years ago
Tailspin

Somehow I don't think Ro is really happy dancing her way around the Caribbean. She and Sarah need to find their way back to each other. Ro went off the deep end, basically pushed over the edge by her parents, and left Sarah stranded. They both deserve better.

I hope Ro's brothers can help mend the rift between her and their brain dead parents. As far as Sarah's parents, they seem pretty cool. Her mother didn't assume that if she had relationship problems there was a guy involved. Maybe she had already figured out Sarah's orientation and accepted it. As parents of a 35 year old daughter my wife and I wish she would come out. I spoke to a gay woman about what we had observed with her over an extended period of time. She asked me if perhaps she, our daughter, was gay. I told her that was my point. I believe she is gay but she is so private about that part of her life she has never said one way or another. I guess it's none of our business.

So, this was a heart wrenching chapter. I like happy endings and I love your writing. Can't wait to see what happens. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I know you said that this was a 5 chapter story but please do at least one more ... those characters you wrote deserve an ending

MICHAELG1963MICHAELG1963over 3 years ago

Wow what an ending, you could see it leading to this, but knowing it and seeing it come to pass are 2 different feelings and emotions. They both want to be there for the other, but there are conflicts internally for Sarah and for Ro it is her parents locked in the past. Please write again soon. TY

ArmyGal33ArmyGal33over 3 years ago

It’s almost 2300 and I should be sleeping! Nooo you had to go and suck me into another addictive chapter. I’m all sleepy and my guard is down and you made me feel FEELINGS. Ug! Great chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent story and the very best characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sad Ending

That's such a sad ending. I hope you'll continue Sarah and Ro's story in another series, or amend the one to create more parts. You write so well. You make you're characters likeable and relateable. It makes people become invested in them. I look forward to more of your writing.

Missyella81Missyella81over 3 years ago

Can't wait for part 6! I really hope this will have a happy end, the characters deserve it!

BillyslateBillyslateover 3 years ago

Heartbreaking!!!

I could see the pressure building in Ro, and honestly cannot fault her. Sar needed to decide on "Love vs Fear", and unfortunately allowed fear to dominate her relationship with Ro. There is a quite nice book I read several years prior named "LOVE IS LETTING GO OF FEAR, which Sar could not bring herself to confront.

The author originally stated this would be a 6-Part Series, therefore it seems the Sar has 1-additional opportunity to make things right with Ro. Although I am sad with this Part's ending, this has been an absolutely magnificent story🎉

A Continuing 5*-Star Performance.

reddbunnzreddbunnzover 3 years ago

Please, please, please, tell us that there is more to come!

Xena75Xena75about 3 years ago

I hope you continue this story it is too good to stop now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not an ending

Love this story please continue

CreatingKateCreatingKateabout 3 years agoAuthor

Hi everyone, I've received so many emails from you all! You're amazing. I just want to confirm that there is another part to this story, it's been stuck "pending" for a while and I'm not sure why. Please be patient as the moderators work to get it up. Thank you for caring and reading! xo Kate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Glad to see there is more

This is such a great series and have enjoyed the journey immensely.

Thank you for writing such a well written love story with great characters.and also for continuing it. Very much looking forward to reading.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Late to the party. Great story and what a cliffhanger. Thought there'd be some drama and that appeared then you threw in Ro's departure and Sarah's first love affair ending so badly.

Great writing. 5 stars

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Too little, too late. Just for the record tho, vile old men, pronouncing sexual morals to the world when they themselves have had a distorted, perverted, caricature of a life has to be the biggest con trick of all. There’s a lot of evil in the world, greed and bigotry are part of it, but organised religion is now and always has been the major precipitator of hate and violence throughout the world. We’d be better off without it.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64312 days ago

So well written, the trauma, the fear, the love,

Narrow minded idiots trying to lead other people's lives, this story is outstanding and I am truly hoping that Ro and Sarah reconcile in the following part!

Thank you for sharing you story telling talent!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCreatingKate@CreatingKate
I write the stories I want to read. If you like what I have so far, please follow me so you'll be updated when I release new ones! As always, I appreciate the feedback and try to respond to emails as I see them. Email me from my profile or comment on a story! Happy smutting...