All Comments on 'What are Friends for?'

by RogueUlfric

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 2 years ago

The greatest sin in this story was the idea that any decent human being wouldn’t like green olives.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

It took me a while but I remembered reading the original when Cindy asked him to come upstairs. The rewrite was a little too heavy with the religious arguments, but that’s just my opinion. Pretty well written and the outcome seemed right. The idea of unauthorized sharing sees like it would not end well in most cases. Theses folks need to learn a bit of self control.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

They were hugging and the next thing she knew they were on the bed screwing like rabbits. Doesn't know how they got there.

I hope her confession to God was more honest than her confession to her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Could have done without the religious psycho babble but a pretty good story. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a lovely, believable story. Five stars.

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

5* Not sure about the flashing red eyes (left over from the earlier version?) but otherwise a sweet tale of two couples who worked through their sins and moved on. I thought you gave a positive spin to the "forgive and/or forget" quandary that is found in many LW stories. It was also good to see the chaplain offering godly understanding and advice. I liked the side plot about the pizza toppings too. A believable (in your story's universe) happy ending, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Re ReedRichards' remark:

AMEN.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 2 years ago

Good story about realistic situations. I really could have done without all the religious mumbo-jumbo. A counselor's advice on how to handle the situation would have been OK, but this was over the top. 4*

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

Excellent! You pivoted from your first story and took the comments well. Much easier to follow and joyfully readable. This story had genuine depth and insight... you've got a decent storytelling 'voice'! Oh, one thing -- Houston, Texas -- Texas is a redundancy, especially when mentioning NASA! LULZ

.

Keep 'em coming... LEO's are good subjects, so don't shy away. Five stars on this one!

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 2 years ago

A good story, but the trust and honesty was a bit lopsided and unequal. Micah did not confess until way after the fact and for very different reasons. Surprised that was never really addressed in the counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Don't worry about him, he's just being overcritical. That religious mumbo-jumbo was actually pretty well thought out AND probably more appropriate for this Literotica crowd than anyone's willing to admit to. You are going to have naysayers about the chaplain's take on forgiveness, but that's most likely coming from people who only take their own advice to begin with. And from what I have seen understanding of the word is hidden from those who don't believe. They will never get it. 5☆

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The town named after the guy that discovered it back when dinosaurs ruled the planet? That’s hilarious!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The sermon was actually uplifting! I am a surviving catholic, and as a result have ZERO confidence in ANY professional religious person. In spite of that, I felt it was useful to point out the major difference between guilt and remorse.

Thank you for a good story. Kudos for the 44 Special, only improvement would be a 10mm!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

PERFECT!!!!!!!!! 5 stars+ Ignore the negative comments about the chaplain's advice, it was right on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting comments been made.

Religious phsyco babble??

Seriously folks believe or not!

That's your God given choice .

Pun intended.

But the advise given to the two couples was well balanced and helped them move forward.

I like the comparison between remorse and guilt.

Guilt does drag people down.

Remorse along with not being able to forget mistakes ( you can use your own description for mistakes ) gives you the power to live a better future.

Be it for your health, ( mental, physical or spiritual. ) finances or staying out of jail even.

A good story.

Cheers

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

A fine story of a remorse and forgiveness. That biblical perspective helped me understand about love, forgiveness and repentance and commitment. Nicely done Mr. RogueUlfric

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

The talk the Chaplin had with them was very insightful and really could have been written as non-secular and still been valid. I'm also glad that you made Dean human. Taking life is not something that you do and just shrug your shoulders and move on. That only happen in stories of fiction and movies. It was really a good story, well written and entertaining. I'm still not sure about why you in the beginning, dropped in the story about the female sergeant's eyes glowing red. Her face maybe with rage, but her eyes? That didn't fit the story, so it didn't make sense to me. 4-stars.

RogueUlfricRogueUlfricover 1 year agoAuthor

Check out the story "The Demon and the Deputy" to get the background on Jay and Sandy.

WesshopWesshopover 1 year ago

Outstanding read. Well put together. Much enjoyment reading though it.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Good story and well told five

oldguy1oldguy16 months ago

Good story strong characters rather than thin skinned angry unforgivenning people

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good stuff. Sorry to see so many criticize the Chaplain's speech. The core tenets are worthwhile regardless of anyone's religious proclivity or lack thereof. My only peeve is that Micah took several months confess her adultery with Mike. Can see kind of how it happened, but it still was dishonest to hide it. Then again he tried to hide it from Micah, despite the promise he made Cindy agree to. Still they worked it out. Was clear that he and Micah were in love..and both Mike.and Cindy were devastated by the miscarriage. Though in real life the wife is almost always going to suffer a great deal worse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"Religious mumbo jumbo." Damn, I feel sorry for you morons...Unless you change your ideas we know where you will be spending eternity. So sad.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice28 days ago

I liked this story, giving it 4 stars. Likes some others, I wasn't a fan of the (to me) long-winded preacher speech. I ended up skimming it. I get the point, I just felt detailing that speech out added nothing to the story, unless the point was religious proselytizing, and I didn't get that vibe.

One other part I didn't like, which is not this specific writer's fault, as I see this a lot: the dismissal of flirting as just being a fun thing to do. Flirting is basically sexual foreplay. For the life of me, I can't understand why people in committed relationships would feel a need to have provocative conversations with people not their mate...unless you are looking to score. I think flirting is always playing with fire. Interestingly, while this writer ws dismissive of flirting, the characters end up screwing. That is a predictable outcome since flirting typically raises sexual tension (that's kind of the point)...and return to my original point about flirting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRogueUlfric@RogueUlfric
Retired USN. Played ice hockey (goaltender)) 10 years. Teaches snake identification and snake bite treatment to first responders, military personnel and clinical medical personnel. Currently married to second wife (first wife passed away in 2011. Long time writer of poetry...