All Comments on 'What Did Happen in Vegas? Ch. 03'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Getting Good.

So Lisa was deceived.

Now that Carl is in the picture explaining things...I hope Lisa realizes that Brad and Bill Werner hoodwinked both her and Tom. Bill with the pics and Brad with his friendship.

Once Tom finds out, I hope he punishes both, especially Brad for adding fuel to Tom's supposed affair...with friends like that who needs enemies. There maybe a bigger picture involved, but if he handles the little stuff, the big stuff will crumble around him. No fairy tale here....so far Brad is by far the most despicable character...a predator and a manipulator. I hope he gets a good whipping...not by Tom who already dislikes him... but by Lisa because for some reason she still likes him... hmmm...could be that his half length insertion is better than Tom's full length ..LOL.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Don't forget the other VP

I have a feeling that Brad is either just trying to do the best he can to take advantage of the situation to get into Lisa's panties or he is working with Bill that VP mentioned in part 1, David I think. I mean of the old man is taking the company public, and even before this 10 million $$ deal, he had already decided to make Tom President, he'd be the most likely ring-leader. He's probably the one that told Zack in the first place and would most likely be Tom's replacement as candidate for Prosident of the company.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Thought this would be it

But we have to have another chapter to clear this up.

Now It's---why the hell is she on a plane? The only thing I can see is they are going to wring Brandi's neck for her.

That is, unless she agrees to testify against Werner.

It's beginning to look like Brad will be turned out and will lose a good job rather than get a promotion---aaawww!

I think Brad will be damn lucky if that is all that happens to him. What WILL Tom do?

And then there is Mr Werner. Just a simple castration and job boot?

I am sure that Tom and Lisa will live happily ever after as President and wife.

One question---why is Koonce so willing to tell her what they did in Vegas when he demanded that Tom maintain radio silence???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Dumbass Lisa is now becoming a "sleuth?"

Okay, now you expect us to believe she's becoming a sleuth?That's quite a leap from being dumbass-ignorant-gullible-cheating Lisa, don't you think! If she couldn't figure out that the photos were doctored, couldn't figure out that Brad didn't really need the expense sheets, and couldn't figure out that her always-faithful husband wasn't cheating on her, do you suppose we're going to believe she's smart enough to become a detective? She wasn't even smart enough to figure out that she should tell her lover, Brad, to leave them alone at the front door instead of inviting him in and, thereby, upsetting her husband. I'm still reading but I hope the story improves.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
OOOPS

I did forget David there for a minute. Anonymous is right, he IS the most likely ring leader. Hell, Tom is gonna hafta find two VPs when he is selected President.

After the phone call, Werner did say the caller [the ring leader] was an asshole. That doesn't fit Brad all that well.

So, yep, anonymous, you're right, I am sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
It's a dog eat dog world

I stand by my earlier comment of "Shit or get off the pot". Tom, as a corporate animal heading for the top of the food chain, should have realized at the onset that a power play was in effect to usurp his move to attain the presidency of this company. $10,000,000 is the price tag he's set for the demise of his marriage. The question begs...Greed, Power, or Love...which one wins?

The bigger question is what should Lisa do? She is married to a man willing to harbor secrets (He hadn't even told her about the possible promotion). Even if their marriage should survive this incident what lies in the future? Does she swallow anything that comes down the pipe from here on sight unseen no matter how damning just because her husband demands her faith and loyalty? (nondisclosure policies not withstanding)

Tom makes the curious assertion that if Lisa hadn't gone off half-cocked he would have had time to rectify this situation. Didn't his accident teach him anything? Tomorrow is not promised so you better get your living done today!

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
good

great story very well done

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Excellent!

Looking forward to the last chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
good story

as always, I look forward to your stories. Thanks for the great entertainment. Unfortunately, the new guys that are writing simply don't get it. I suppose it is a generational thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

The story gets better and better.Really looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A story about idiots

This Lisa bitch is an air headed bimbo. Tom is an idiot for not seeking a divorce allready but he will be even more stupid than Lisa if he stays with her. This story is the other end of the spectrum from the "husband that likes to get his wife fucked by other men" stories. I see Tom taking Lisa back and Lisa feeling that the whole mess was Tom's fault. Of course, I can't say enough abouty Brad. He has a life long friendship that he threw away for a half a fuck He is an idiot.The only one with a clue in this story us Bill Werner and thats only because not much has been written about him. This is a great story for people to read that have low self esteem, gott giveus a boost if nothing else. Fuck this shit.

charleybearcharleybearabout 18 years ago
No Disappointment Here

I didn't have a chance to read the first two chapters ahead so I have read all three at one sitting. And yes, I spent a lot of time doing that but it was well worth it.

My opinion is that once confronted with evidence, Tom should have come clean. It is one thing to expect trust from your wife, but another to expect that to be blind trust in the face of evidence. He had the opportunity to put her mind to rest by simply calling his client and getting it straight before Lisa had her fling.

Now he is innocent of an affair but guilty of stupidity.

She is guilty of an infidelity (even though it didn't develope into an all out affair) but clearly duped into believing the worst of her husband. Regardless, these two have a lot of work ahead of them to repair this relationship even if KK decides they will reconcile.

I personally hope they work it out but I can also see that in real life even the events we have read so far could create a rift beyond repair.

It is an obvious corporate power play by someone to sidetrack Tom's promotion, but exactly by whom we have yet to learn. I will wait for KK's facts rather than speculate on my own.

We wait anxiously for the completion of this story.

Thanks for your wonderful efforts.

Charleybear

saw_man1saw_man1about 18 years ago
A good story

This has been a good story so far. There certainly are a lot of near misses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Lisa is a bimbo

Tom should leave her whoring ass, oh, "dog eat dog", Lisa's hardly innocent, I hope your wife is so trusting of you, dumbass. Now she's supposed to save the day? Give me a break. She even humiliated him in front of her lover, his "best friend" in their house and didn't think anything of it. Especially in his condition, then apologizes to this "Brad"?........I think old Tom should find a new wife and kick this self centered cunt out the door. "KK" has a history of lacking a backbone in these writing situations. So look for Tom to take the blame for everything. The nasty bitch will get what she wants......whatever that is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Communication lesson

As a big fan of K.K., I should have remembered that his favorite plots are portrayals of troubled marriages caused by otherwise intelligent spouses who refuse to communicate with each other and when they do communicate refuse to believe each other. This story is a prime example.Brain dead wife believes anon slander about husband and refuses to believe in his innocence. Brain dead husband refuses to tell wife what he was doing in Los Vegas at risk of destroying his marriage, This one is a little more complicated by presence of back stabbing colleague of Tom's who wants to destroy husband's marriage and seduce wife. Well written story but irritating to read. You want to scream at the two of them, "Smarten up dummies and get a brain'. Nice story though. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Corporate Wimp Out

I truly hope they divorce. The thought of them procreating is truly terrifying. If he's going to be one of the top dogs in the company, I hope the good workers can get out in time. On the other hand, they really deserve each other. Stupid is as stupid does.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Can I just say

In most situations there wouldn't be a way to prove what is the truth or not. She judged and found him guilty, and now her remorse is too late. Can I just say that I can't stand Cindy. This hero deserves a better wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
A fairly

A fairly well written story, grammar and spelling goofs notwithstanding; but - I said BUT. This bitch gets dumber all the time. She couldn't add two plus two with both hands stretched in front of her.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Tom is in a jealous rage and clearly the type that abuses women.

All the signs of an abuser are present. Tom is dangerous.

Tom is clearly the one at fault but the writer make it appear Lisa is at fault.

auhunter04auhunter04over 12 years ago
For another commenter

@DWornoc. Are you out of your;;;;;;? Tom is not guilty,

Bill is the one who sent the EMAILS,

The man with the big contract was with Tom all evening..every evening as an unwilling participant because a 10 million contract was on the line; not for him, for his company.

Where does this story give you any indication that Tom is an abuser? It is an awfully big streach of imagination to say that he became an abuser because a Vegas trip which is an annual event. I am sorry your obseverations just do not even meet the smell test.

Maybe you are talking from your own life experiences, if so I am very sorry for you, and if true I hope you are out of that situtation

sorry, are we reading the same story?

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
MODERN TECHNOLOGY IS FANTASTIC

it can create out of nothing. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
And the thick plottens.

Why is Tom still talking about his inability to forgive Lisa? Didn't he forgive her via his phone call before he passed out on the embankment? I simply cannot understand Lisa's defense of Brad. Is she FINALLY catching on? Did Lisa call Don before she got on the plane? Going to Vegas (Why?) or somewhere else?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
One more thought...

I thought you covered nicely his not telling his wife about the strip clubs. At first I was thinking this would be a big hole in the plot. As the marriage is falling apart, why wouldn't he tell her? Just seemed ridiculous. But your explanation made good sense - he continued to not tell her because he was mad at her for questioning him.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Where The Fuck Is She Going, And Why?

So, she’s going to listen to the guy who admits he has the hots for her?

I can’t believe that he thought that Koonce would have intended for him to lie to his wife!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Further Thoughts

@Nightowl22 – Koonce is willing to tell Lisa because he never intended it to be some sort of a state secret, he just didn’t want his friends and business associates know about it.

And I agree with charleybear, once she got the pictures he should have come clean, calling in Koonce if necessary.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This has turned into a trainwreck

And I've had enough of this nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
'Protect What Belongs To Me'

'Protect What Belongs To Me' is Beta talk. Either a woman desires you or she doesn't. You cannot protect her desire. You can't control it either. You can influence it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

A truly stupid woman. I am not so convinced that the partial penetration is any better than had she got off and then felt remorseful.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Lisa is a stupid cunt

But I really enjoy your writing and this story.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago

I guess the setup is clear for a lackluster reconciliation, though I think Tom should just get a divorce considering the cheating and trust issues.

Then tell his boss that if he doesn't become president, he will resign his job, it's playing hardball but if he really did do much for the company they would be leery of losing him, nowadays a divorce can't really be considered a significant scandal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Idiots

They are both idiots but she really is to stupid to breathe.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Steam

Story picking up steam now, getting really good. Brad fixing to get What's coming to him, I hope. Lisa still needs to pay for her lack of faith. Zach seems a little off too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is getting painful

"she knew if she didn't act fast"

But, then there was nothing fast happening.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Any sensible person at this point would not have Brad anywhere in their life. The wife knows 100% what Brad is about. He flat out told her he wanted sex and asks her pretty much everyday now. But she acts all confused when he asks her to his apartment after she calls him, goes out to eat with him, and tells him maybe in a few months if it doesn't work out with Tom. She only clings to the obviously fake pictures as an excuse. She has to realise by now that the only person who really had the power, motive, and will to ruin her marriage was HER. Seems funny a few hours after she decides she doesn't want to end up with Brad long term, she can suddenly conclude the photos couldn't be real and her husband is telling the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
She is to stupid

To be in a committed relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not for me

Why are the women in your stories so stupid? And why do you punish the wimpy husbands by having them take them back? These women in your stories deserve to be dumped. Do you hate men? Please wrote a story where the husband has some backbone to go through with their original threats to dump these women, instead of taking them back. Or a story where there is actually a loving wife not these dumb, selfish whores. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Enjoying your story very much

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"That was the only time I heard about," Brad said. "Don't tell her I said anything. I am still hoping you two can work things out and I don't want her hating me after this is over."

=== Brad the asshole trying to break them apart, when they are obviously trying to reconcile. What a dick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

[Brad felt his opportunity slipping away and decided that this was the time to say something to press his advantage.

"Lisa, I haven't been completely honest with you....

"I'm sorry, Lisa, when I told you that I had never seen that woman, I lied. I did see her....

"I know this is painful for you to hear and I am sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. If you'd like we could have dinner tonight and talk more about this."

"I don't think that's a good idea right now. I don't think I'd be very good company. I need to think things through and decided what to do next. Let me get through this and maybe in a couple months we can talk about going out to dinner," Lisa said.

"I understand. I'll give you some space so you can deal with Tom."

"Thanks Brad, you're a good friend."]

=== wow. This section of paragraphs is mind numbing. Brad is a total, slimy weasel. I hate that Lisa's reaction later on when she gets the truth about Brad's lie is so muted. I understand that Lisa has not trust in her husband. I get her husband told a stupid "grey" lie that if he had been upfront about would have fixed everything early. I get that there are photos that appear real, though the wrong time stamp on thr Applebee's ones should have thrown up a huge doubt in her mind. But she is beyond dumb to not see what Brad is trying to do. He even confessed he was crazy about her. She knows by this point his excuse about getting profit and loss summaries 3 times a week was bogus and he was hitting on her. He was in on the planning. She knows he should have shown more restraint despite hee being angry and drunk. And even after all of that he now is asking her out to dinner AGAIN while her husband is in the hospital a second time around. The fact that she doesn't recognize any of this, means she is too stupid to be married. I wish you had written a more intelligent loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I cannot believe that Lisa did not stick around half an hour to confront Brad or call him before she went to Vegas after Tom was gone. Or use the note on the back of the business card. Not having the confrontation with Brad about his hideous lie is just a total missed opportunity. Ugh. Good story about a married couple of dumb (he should have spilled about the strip club) and dumber (her intellectual failings are legion by this point).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What I don get is that even before the night of the accident and her cheating with Brad, Tom could have called up Carl and told him that he needed to come see him right away. That his marriage was about to explode. When he explained the situation, Carl could have come and done the same thing he did Herr. It would have least caused reasonable doubt for Lisa before she went ballistic. Even if she didn't believe them at first (assuming Carl had not dismantled the first Vegas pictures), she wouldn't have slept with Brad. If Tom was smart, he would have gad Carl on speed dial that first night of confrontation and asked him to release him from the promise with his wife. Etc. Uggh.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Missed by that much. Still enjoying it, much smoother than the first bit, got it part right.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Epilogue… Tom and Lisa tried to stay together after all that had taken place, but Tom still had his doubts. Lisa ran to Brad and asked for his help. But both felt the feelings each had for each other. This time the two went all the way. Lisa filed for a divorce and married Brad. Poor Tom lost his job, went to work for Amazon in the warehouse, and wondered how his life could have gotten this bad.

Coming soon: the author who let Brad get away without any penalty, lets Lisa and Brad have several children and Tom ends up living on the streets.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Just fell into this author and after finishing a few of his stories, read this one. Up until the end, I thought this story was a 5…but when I noticed the slimy worm Brad walked away with not a scratch, it dropped. I don’t know if any other readers were upset by this, but I surely was. Too late to fix.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous