What Happens To The Broken Hearted

Story Info
Can two broken hearts find and mend each other.
7.3k words
4.44
9.5k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
thaumatin
thaumatin
319 Followers

Dear reader, as always. Please read the tags, if the tags don't appeal, go read something else.

Tags: love, romance, trust, violence, oral,

Two Broken hearts find and mend each other.

Cooper was thirty five. He had bought his small riverside hobby farm a few years ago after a drunk driver robbed him of his beautiful young wife Sofia.

It was a Saturday night on the pub and club strip, in the city.

Sofia had been walking along the curb with a group of her friends celebrating a hens night for one of the girls. Then the drunk driver had lost control of his car and run into the group, Sofia had no chance. The police reports from the incident suggest she was probably already dead before she hit the ground. If not, caving her skull in on the concrete curb would have killed her instantly anyway.

Life on the farm had done Cooper a lot of good. He was away from people, which was probably a good thing. Since the accident, he had developed a general dislike for people and preferred to avoid them. His dislike for drunks bordered on manic hatred, and he would get extremely aggressive towards anybody who he saw as affected by alcohol. Cooper used to enjoy a beer, especially if he could enjoy it while snuggled up in front of the TV with Sofia, but these days he didn't drink any more. As a result of his dislike for people drinking, he avoided going into town unless he had to, and would never go there at night. Preferring instead to go in and do his grocery shopping in the morning.

The other thing that life on the farm had done was to make him lean and fit. Cooper didn't have an ounce of fat on him. He kept his hair, and beard, cropped short. His routine was to run a set of clippers through all his hair, with a number four comb on the clippers. He was a good looking man, with his light brown eyes, straight nose, and well shaped lips. His body was tanned, hard, and well sculpted. All the muscles were clearly defined. The six pack belly was as hard as a timber board. His shoulders and arms were pure solid muscle. At a little over a hundred and sixty pounds he could easily lift two forty pound sacks of feed, one in each hand and throw them onto his shoulders.

Dianne was thirty one. She was slim and attractive. Her auburn hair was thick, and there was a lot of it. Normally she wore it down her back in a thick ponytail, which reached almost to her waist.

Her green eyes appeared big and bright. However, looking into them, an intuitive person would probably describe them as having seen the harder side of life. There was a sadness, and hardness in the way she looked at the world. Her nose was fine, and straight, with a light sprinkle of sun freckles over it and across the top of each high cheekbone. There was a scar about an inch and a half long on her right cheekbone an inch or so below the corner of her eye. Apart from that you would consider her face to be flawless. Her lips were naturally full, with a little extra plumpness to her lower lip.

She was beginning to develop into a strong and healthy woman since arriving on the hobby farm a couple of months ago. The active and hard working life on the hobby farm suited her. Her legs were smooth, muscular, and very shapely. Her arms were lean and showing the start of some good lean muscle

She rented the place through an old friend of her father's. He was too old to look after the place now. He had told her about the young man who lived next door.

He warned her that she would find that he wasn't too friendly, he had developed a general dislike for people after the loss of his wife. Aside from that he was a good man and he would help her if she needed it. The old man told her that, for the last few years Cooper had used his tractor to cut his firebreaks for him, and would do so for her if she asked him.

Like her neighbor, Dianne had been married before moving to the farm. Her marriage had been bad, and when she ran away from her abusive ex husband a few months ago she hoped he would never find her. She had initially stayed with a friend in town, but she had decided that she needed to get away, to find some peace and get away from people for a while.

Dianne had a spade which was not even close to being sharp enough to get through the heavy red loam. It was going to take her all day to get even a very modest garden dug. That didn't stop her from making a start on it. She would put the blade of her spade where she wanted to cut, then jump on it again and again. She would slowly drive the blade into the ground until she had it deep enough, then wiggle the spade back and forward until she had the ground loose enough to turn over.

After several hours she had dug a garden no bigger than a kitchen table top. She gave up, and went back to the house.

Cooper stood in his yard and watched her work. She was keen, and she wouldn't quit. He was impressed by her tenacity. He decided that it might be a friendly neighborly thing to do if he went over to offer her some help.

First he went to his machinery shed, and grabbed a metal file. Her spade was in real need of sharpening. Then he would offer to cut her garden with his tractor and rotary hoe.

He didn't know how big she intended to have her garden, but with the tractor he would be able to do in minutes what would take her days. He shoved the file in his back pocket and headed over to his neighbor's place.

After a hard day working on the farm Dianne decided she needed a shower. She was sweaty, and dirty, and her hair was a tangled mess. She was standing in an outdoor shower in the yard behind the house. The shower got it's hot water through a waste oil burner. Waste oil burners make incredible water heaters, and the old friend who owned the property had built the burner and outdoor shower years ago. While waste oil burners make a very useful tool in the yard, they are not a safe fire near the house, which is why the whole setup had been built in the yard.

Cooper walked around the corner of the shed, not realizing what he was going to see. What he saw, he liked. Her legs were strong, and shapely, but he already knew that from seeing her in her shorts. Her buttocks were round. They weren't fat soft and round, but firm, muscular, and round. Her hips were wide and curvy, flaring out from her slim waist. Her back was well defined, but he saw that it was covered with numerous scars. When he realized what had caused the scars on her back, Cooper couldn't stop the anguished gasp that escaped his mouth.

Dianne spun around at the sound. "You fucking peeping tom. You filthy pervert. How dare you?"

Dianne grabbed her towel and covered herself. Cooper turned abruptly and walked away. She was still screaming abuse at him, and he knew that she would continue until he was well away from there. Cooper had to admit, he liked what he saw. His neighbor was an exceptionally attractive woman.

With her big bundle of auburn hair tied up on top of her head, he had received an uninterrupted view of her. He guessed she was about a size ten or twelve. Her breasts, round and firm, but with enough softness to cause a little sag from their weight. Her belly was flat and free of any fat, and just starting to show signs of developing a six pack. Her pubic area was not shaved, but the hair was trimmed short. Almost the same length as the number four he used on his head.

As Cooper returned to his side of the boundary fence he could still hear her tirade.

He couldn't remember ever making somebody that angry before.

Thinking about her, he couldn't help thinking of what he had seen of her.

He couldn't help marveling at how clearly he remembered every little detail of her body from just a momentary glimpse of her.

Cooper went over to his workshop and began searching for things he needed.

Returning to the next door neighbor's place with his arms full of stuff, Cooper hoped she wouldn't come at him with a shovel, or a shotgun.

He hesitantly peeped around the corner. No sign of her. Cooper walked over to the shower and started work.

He already had the first few pieces of pipe together and was ready to start fixing them to the framework which held the standpipe and shower head. Dianne heard the noise from the yard. Walking out into her yard wearing jeans and a flannelette shirt, and with her hair twisted up in a towel on her head, she grabbed the shovel from beside the back door. "You fucking pervert, peeping tom, bastard, I will kill you!" she said as she advanced on Cooper.

Then she stopped. "What are you doing?" she asked her neighbor.

"Building a shower screen, A lady should be able to shower in privacy. Even in an open farmyard."

Cooper told her, "I really do apologize. I was not expecting to see you here, like that."

"I understand." she said, "Sorry I called you all those horrible names. I'm sure you're not some pervert, sex maniac."

Then she looked at him. "Why did you come over?"

Cooper reached into his back pocket and pulled out the file. "Do you know how to use one of these?" he asked her, "Your spade really needs to be sharp for what you were trying to do with it."

"Also, unless you are planning on a very modest garden, I thought I would be neighborly and offer to cut the garden bed with a tractor." He said, "I used to come over and cut the firebreaks for the old man, before he went to that retirement joint in town."

"Yes, he did tell me you would help him when he needed it. I guess I just didn't know I needed it. Thank you for the offer, and I do accept." she said, then extended her hand to him, "My name is Dianne."

Cooper took her hand in his, "I'm Cooper." he said

After thirty seconds had passed Dianne looked down, "Um, Cooper, I think you can let my hand go now." her face was flushed

"Sorry, I guess I got distracted, and forgot I was holding it."

"Don't be sorry, I was holding yours too."

Dianne tucked the file into her back pocket and helped Cooper put up the rest of the pipework.

Then he picked up a blue poly tarp and tied that to the pipework. "That should give you privacy till we find some corrugated iron or something, so we can make up more substantial walls for you."

"Thank you Cooper, this is really kind of you." she said

"Dianne, I would have slipped back around the corner and come back later, but I made a noise and that is why you caught me looking at you." he confessed

"I know, it's OK. It wasn't your fault." she said

"Dianne, Tell me to fuck off and mind my own business if you want to, but I have to ask. Who did that to you?" He looked pained by the memory. "Those were cigarette burns, a lot of them, and not light kinky burns. Somebody really wanted to hurt you badly."

Dianne confesses that her ex husband was a cruel man. He had always had a sadistic streak.

She found out not long after they were married just how cruel he actually was, and found out that he would derive pleasure from hurting her. Then, when he found out that she would never be able to bear him any children, his cruelty really escalated. That was when he started to burn her. As well as the burns, he also subjected her to as many other abuses as he could think of.

Cooper looked at Dianne. He could see that the memory of her ex husband had upset her terribly. She was shaking and crying. "Dianne, Dianne, Look at me." he said loudly, but gently.

She looked up at him, "Dianne, may I hold you? Would it be alright for me to hold you?"

Dianne nodded, uncertainly.

The fear, torment, uncertainty, anguish, were all written clearly on her face.

Cooper put his arms out towards her. She flinched back. She couldn't help the fear coursing through her body. "It's OK Dianne, Please allow me to hold you. I promise I won't hurt you." Cooper whispered gently.

He slowly reached for her again. She was rooted to the spot in fear. Cooper touched her forearms near her wrists, with just his fingertips. She flinched and broke the contact. Cooper didn't move. He allowed her to recover from her flinch, and allowed her to reestablish the skin contact between his fingers and her arm. Only when she had reestablished that contact did he start to slide his hands further up her arms.

It actually took him a couple of minutes to reach the point where his hands were on her shoulders.

Then, so very slowly, so very gently, he tenderly allowed his fingers to trace down her back. It took time, but he finally had his arms around her back, and his hands flat against her. Gently he eased her towards himself. Dianne had her arms up defensively in front of her chest. The total fear still very evident on her face. Cooper had his arms fully around her and was holding her gently against himself. He could feel the tension in her. He could feel her coiled up and ready to explode into a violent, screaming, animal at the slightest provocation. He just gently held her, and crooned quietly in her ear. "It will be all right, I will not harm you, you are safe."

She looked up at him. He continued to reassure her, "You are safe, I will not harm you."

She continued to look up at him, and slowly he felt her relax a little. Several minutes of just standing in the yard with his arms around her and slowly he felt her uncoil. He felt her become less dangerous, less likely to explode. He felt her slowly lower her arms and rest her hands on his waist. Finally he felt her gently hold her body against him, wanting to be in contact with him.

"Cooper, Thank you." she finally said. "Could I get you to stay for dinner."

"There is no need." he told her "You are OK now. I'm sorry I was the cause of your distress."

"You weren't. My ex husband was." she stated flatly, "I would like you to stay for dinner."

Dianne cooked up a simple but very tasty meal. Pan fried fish, fried potatoes, fresh steamed broccoli. For desert she used a packet sticky date pudding, and an egg custard, made from scratch.

After the meal Cooper helped Dianne to clear up the dishes.

Then he gently took her in his arms, but at a distance, "Thank you for dinner, it was wonderful." he said.

She slipped into his arms nervously, but she allowed him to hold her body against his. "Thank you for staying." she said

Cooper gently kissed her forehead, "I'll come over in the morning with the tractor. We can peg out what you need and get it done."

He slowly released her from his arms. He realized he was reluctant to let her go. He was becoming attached to her.

Dianne was sorry to feel his arms slide from around her. It was the only place she had felt safe in a long time. She knew she was safe with Cooper, realized that his strong arms would keep her safe.

She wished he wouldn't let go. To her amazement, she realized that she wished he would stay.

The next morning, straight after breakfast Dianne was in the paddock with an arm full of stakes and a hammer, marking out the plot for Cooper to plow. After that she went to the hen house to collect eggs. Cooper drove his little red Massey Ferguson tractor into Dianne's yard. Looking around, he spotted her in the hen house, bent over and collecting eggs from the nesting boxes. With her back to him he was able to gaze at her long shapely legs and her lovely round butt encased in her tight sports shorts. As she shuffled from one nesting box to the next, her butt would wiggle enticingly. Cooper stepped off the tractor and approached her. From a safe distance he spoke, so she would know he was there. "VERY...NICE!"

Dianne spun around and caught him leering at her butt. "You really are a pervert! aren't you?"

She said, but without any real anger this time.

"I was referring to the eggs Dianne. We both have six chickens, but you get five eggs, and I'm lucky to get one or two." Cooper said.

She knew he was lying, but he did it so well she had to accept it as a matter of politeness.

"Cooper, I would be happy to share some of my eggs with you." Dianne told him.

"Thank you Dianne, I would really enjoy that. But I could use some from your chickens occasionally too."

Realizing what he was saying, she gaped at him. Then, realizing what she had said, Dianne went bright scarlet. She didn't waste time hurling abuse at him. The first egg hit him perfectly, in the side of the head.

She didn't throw any more, she was laughing too hard. "I'm sorry, Did I hurt you?" she giggled.

"No, I'm fine, but I will need a wash before I start work." he said, as he went to the wash trough. "It was all your fault you know."

Dianne looked at him with one eyebrow cocked up. "Go on."

"When an exceptionally beautiful young woman offers to share her eggs with an exceptionally handsome, and virile young man like me. How is he supposed to say no?" Cooper ducked, and the egg sailed harmlessly past his ear.

The morning was only half over when Cooper turned off the tractor, and stepped off it. They both stood and surveyed their efforts. The entire veggie garden was ploughed and ready to plant. Dianne looked at Cooper. "Did you mean it?" she asked

Cooper was confused, he hadn't spoken a word in over an hour. "What?" he asked

"Do you really think I'm beautiful?"

"Dianne, you are exceptionally beautiful." he told her with complete honesty.

She slipped into his arms, just a little nervously, and hugged him to her body, "Thank you Cooper." she said, "and thank you for your help with this. That would have taken me a month."

To Coopers astonishment, she reached up shyly, and gently kissed his mouth. Then she let go and stepped back. Cooper was disappointed that she had released him. Dianne was disappointed that he had allowed her to release him. They both would have been happy to continue being in touch with each other. "I need to run into town this afternoon to get some groceries, and maybe some seeds for this garden. Would you have dinner with me again tonight. I'll get us something special to reward us for today's effort."

Cooper looked at her, "are you sure?" he asked, "I don't want you to feel like you need to do it."

She looked at him seriously. "Honestly, Cooper, I really believe I NEED to do it for me. But I want to do it for you."

"Well in that case. Thank you. I would love to have dinner with you."

After lunch, Dianne got in her car. It wouldn't start. She looked at the fuel gauge. "OH seriously Dianne, you silly cow."

She walked across to Coopers house. "Cooper, I'm sorry, I let my car run out of fuel. Could I borrow a little."

"I can't help you with that Dianne, all my motors are diesel, yours is petrol."

"We'll grab a Jerry can for petrol, and I'll run you into town."

As they drove, Cooper couldn't help looking at her. She was wearing a short denim skirt and a flannelette shirt. The skirt showed off her legs. He wasn't sure if it was deliberate or not, but the shirt had more than one or two buttons undone, and he could easily see the swell of her breast through the open top. She looked across at him, and caught him looking at her legs.

She smiled, and slid down the seat a little so that her skirt would ride up her thighs just a little more.

"Can I be honest with you about something Cooper?"

"Sure."

"It feels good.... having you look at my legs."

Cooper went bright red, "I,I,I, um. I am so sorry." He concentrated on the road ahead.

"Cooper, relax. I said it feels good. The way you look at them, I know you would never hurt them the way my ex husband did. I feel safe with you." She looked at him, "Look at me Cooper." When he turned his head to look at her, she said, "Thank you."

She reached down and used her hands to slide the skirt up to just below her panties. "Just make sure you keep one eye on the road."

When they pulled up in town Cooper felt very uncomfortable. He didn't like coming into town this late. He usually only came in during the morning. Dianne slipped her skirt back down to where it belonged, then reached up and did up the buttons on her shirt. She looked across at him and smiled. It had been deliberate. Cooper realized she liked to show off to him, she enjoyed flirting with him. He was not about to complain. It excited him.

thaumatin
thaumatin
319 Followers
12