All Comments on 'What I Did On My Summer Holiday'

by SleeperyJim

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

I was loving it and you ended it too soon!

Screwing her boss' wife for a week and openly cuckolding and humiliating the asshole would have been brilliant! You could have written some amazing scenes, piling on the heartbreak and making the bastard suffer.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years ago

Nice short story. It's great when a plan comes together. Thanks for posting this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Cute, clever, and original, . . .

but still shallow and incomplete. I guess most of these stories are going to be themed cartoons rather than normal dramas with plots, character development and analysis, suspense and uncertainty as to who, what, when, where, how, and, the most interesting, WHY? Why did she morph into such a monster? Or, why did he marry such a soulless arrogant selfish bitch? Yeah, he was really clever, like a rat who determines how to chew through a really tough garbage bag. But then he still ends up eating garbage. Sounds like this clever wimp got what he married. And if the wife had just avoided the adultery he would have stayed in this garbage can of a marriage, eating the trash this shrew dished out.

So, it was a great submission to this cartoon convention, but it was a lot less story than it could have been. Still, thanks for the effort.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

Seriously great visual. 5*

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraalmost 4 years ago

Your humour is wonderfully clever as always. Thanks for posting, this was a really awesome story :)

ohioohioalmost 4 years ago
Loved it!

Short, tight, and bittersweet. Loved the final pun on her name (which I won't give away here). I would have liked a nice confrontation between husband and the asshole boyfriend, but what you've given us works very very well. Powerful, engages the righteous indignation in full measure, and very satisfying!

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story

Of revenge and escape. Just a glimpse , but would like to have read more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
terrible

that was just god awful!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Dude, you’re the best

As usual, clever, pithy and sharp-edged

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

The best stories leave you wanting more and this certainly did, but the ending was perfect. Wonderful, concise story. No fat on these bones.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

Short but very sweet. That black light revenge? Not seen that used On Literotica, a nice new twist.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 4 years ago

Great story. Loved it.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Unreal good. Seeing the arrogant cheaters burned is always the most fun. Your humor is dry as a bone and a pleasure to read. Your pub at the end was the capper.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Good twist on an old theme.

Usually, you read about cheaters on the cruise, but why should they have all the fun? I hope Mrs. McLaughlin proves a pleasant distraction.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 4 years ago
Wow

That was brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
And her plan?

Find the police officer stationed on the Tower Harbour Extension. Places like that always have police on or near them. They would have been all over her when she went into the drink. Get him to look at the security video a new place like that would have and set out an arrest warrant for her husband. He was removed from the ship at their first port-of-call. Or she could fly to that first port, go onboard and raise holy hell with him, thereby ruining the trip for him too. I think she has him arrested. Endangering her life would be a felony. I envision him in jail. You didn't think this through very well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The painted walls.

And this change in light bulbs made this a five.

Along with getting on the cruise without her.

tangoperutangoperualmost 4 years ago
To Anonymous 06/09/20

Since she already knows what he is capable of, he only needs to insinuate, for example, that he will send the video (she doesn't know it's audio only) to her family, friends and essentially every person she knows, to make clear that it's in her best interest to remain quiet and take her medicine.

KayaknhKayaknhalmost 4 years ago
Good story. Especially the last lines.

Others wrote stiff contrive sentences to get the lyric in. Or over used S&G quotes and paraphases.

You wrote an excellent BTB and deftly snuck in the required words. Very nicely done.

RRC2RRC2almost 4 years ago
Deliciously Vicious

This is the second (?) SJ story I've read where you are mean, nasty and deliciously vicious.

Keep up the good work!!!

THANKS

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 4 years ago
LOVED THE PUN AT THE END (THANKS, OHIO)

Great little story and after reading the comments I looked for the pun.

Ha ha, still laughing. Thanks.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 4 years ago
Loved it

Short sweet and original.

Nice going.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Liked it, a lot. Made me laugh.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 4 years ago

Perfect story, short and sweet. A truly glorious public burning. Well done. Thanks for posting.

stev2244stev2244almost 4 years ago

Short, fun and to the point. Well done.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 4 years ago

That’s a new one - black light pen and soldering the bulbs. Interesting and effective visual reference to the Venus of Willendorf also. Amusing but poignant little yarn. A bit of humor to whitewash his broken heart. Thanks. As always, a pleasure.

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
Excellent flash story

Nothing was left out for the reader to surmise. Perfect dialogue and execution. A great plot. You could give lessons to other talented authors on how to write a flash story, some of whom have entries in this invitational.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 4 years ago
Loved it!

Agree with the many compliments on the light bulb soldering.

BUT,

being something of a practical person I do wonder exactly how this might be done. The process requires a fair bit of heat to be applied.

Never mind, if my wife behaves like his I'll give it a go.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCyclealmost 4 years ago
Top story again.

Totally original, and we'll executed.

Your an enigma, SleeperyJim.

Not all, but quite a fair proportion of English authors seem to be apologist at best, if not downright cucks.

You, on the other hand, have redeemed manhood for English men. If only you weren't outnumbered.

5 stars again. Pleases keep them coming. A few more conversations would not go amiss as well.

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Short and Sweet

Perfect ending.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 4 years ago
Nice.

Drop off the Keeley.

That's cute :).

Soldering the bulbs

would be very difficult.

Might I recommend superglue?

That was a fun little story!

Top ratings from me.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 4 years ago

Thank You! Fun little story. Interesting confrontation, on the pier. LOL!

Killian

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Ace

Very short but very enjoyable. Personally I like them longer but so what - 5 * again. Keep them coming.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Cheaters caught and punishment

Yes

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"He'd even felt entitled enough to make her vow to be faithful to him, cutting me off completely." - One thing I've never understood with the "Cut off your husband" scenarios, is how can he know if she did or not? Just because he "made her vow to," forgetting the vows she already made to her husband, she could TELL him she did, while happily fucking her husband.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 4 years ago
Quite humorous

Full marks from me.

@Anonymous

06/09/20

He writes apps for phones. He had engaged a new app on his phone that jammed any audio and/or video recorders in the area. Seems he had thought it through.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago

Such a cool way to out a cheating wife.

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 3 years ago
Phenomenal Story

Love this writer!

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Clearly

After reading the comments, it is clear that "Anony" is equivalent to negative review that trashes a fun little story. Maybe the Anony species isn't equipped to simply have fun and read good humor with alacrity.

Like others, the pun didn't break through my "Huh?" until Ohio urged me to look again.

Your story leaves the reader wondering how the next week plays out - the sign of a great story. Love it, SJ.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent story!

I go cruising all of the time. I have been at the stern of the ship just leaving a port, holding my drink as some stupid Trump voter drives to the dock having the taxi driver honk their horn. Guess what, we on the ship lift our glasses to the idiot on shore who was too stupid to be at the ship 20 minutes before castoff! We wave and laugh at them! The ship NEVER returns to the dock! It costs them too much. The idiot on the shore must arrange and pay for their own costs to get to the next port. As for the other Anonymous who thinks that her husband will be charged for accidentally nudging his wife into the water, NOT! Obviously another brain dead Trump supporter! There is no law against pushing someone into the water so long as they know how to swim. If there was such a law the jails would full of people who push other people into swimming pools!

His wife deserved everything that he did to her. Note that nothing he did was chargeable under the law.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"self-professed vegan"

I take that as a deliberate slap on the faces of those of us whose diet and lifestyle is to 'not' visit doctors offices and hospitals. Cute story though.

extemporeextemporeover 3 years ago
to "shallow and incomplete" commenter

To complain that a "loving wives" entrant on a porn site is SHALLOW AND INCOMPLETE is a bit much.

What were you expecting, "Crime and Punishment" or " War and Peace"?

A good share of the most amusing stories on this site are "shallow and incomplete"!

And let it continue to be so.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I enjoyed that! 5*****

That was a very original and creative bit of revenge. You certainly painted a picture of an unpleasant woman as well as a cheat.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

That was pretty good, don't know why I love these loving wife stories. Mt second wife was faithful but first I had a few questions about.................

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 3 years ago

Typically creative has become an expectation of your work and again you succeeded. Loved the portrayal of the shrew and her demise. Revenge is so invigorating

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 3 years ago

SJ the Lesser says "shallow and incomplete"

So sorry, Joe, but the Thames isn't shallow and the story has a beginning, middle, and end. Sounds complete in my book, with nary a swing in sight. Your usual brilliant job, Jim; you bring the touch of excellence to the initials SJ, pity you have to share them with that dolt.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Second read, just as good as the first, Jim! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but a little too short to be great!

tlevanssrtlevanssrover 2 years ago

You cut the story a bit too short. I was expecting a second page. For that I gave you 4 stars. Otherwise it was good.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very good a little nudge to dampen and already soggy antagonistic personality. Keep it up.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago

I Usually Have Better

Situational awareness then I did this time, I totally missed seeing these two words coming in this next to last line; "That's why I made you drop off 'THE, Keeley'. I set myself free." Those two words alone made reading this short little tale worthwhile, the setup to it were simply icing. *****'s Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good one. An epilog would have been great

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Would be great to read a chapter 2 of the aftermath.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The only problem I see is if she files a complaint with the police for "property damage" and then files for a divorce. He'll owe her half and probably alimony to boot.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

All it takes is a second reading to agree with my first comments, all it takes is a little nudge to set things right.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

For fucks sake your MCs are so fucking pathetic and your revenge plots are infantile and invariably more cucky than just being cheated on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. It would have been cool to include an epilog of the aftermath during the cruise and later as well.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Love the hip check into the water and the black light bulbs, writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Classic lol.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Up to the end I was thinking," Christ, what is wrong with him! Ditch the Bitch already!"

LMAO with the ending!

TheOldStudTheOldStud9 months ago

Fantastic dialogue...

muddman74muddman743 months ago

Now that's what I call proper revenge on a cheating bitch! 5 star story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous