What is Sexual Fetishism...?

Story Info
This is the beginning of the long definition of fetishism.
952 words
5
686
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SirOfGod
SirOfGod
12 Followers

What is sexual fetishism.. and is it considered a perversion?

Fetishism in and of itself is not considered a disease, as long as it does not impede a person's life or his relationship with his partner. Rather, it may increase excitement in the relationship.

It is likely that you have heard or come across the word Fitch or Fitch at some point, and the word alone may not be understood, and this is due to the fact that it differs according to the context.

The word fetish is derived from the Portuguese word feitiço, which means magic.

In anthropology, the word fetishism was used to describe the association with religions, especially tools that are thought to have magical or supernatural value. In economics, Karl Marx used the expression commodities fetishism to explain that in capitalist societies, the value of commodities is seen in itself (commodity sanctification), while neglecting human effort in its manufacture and exchange. Sigmund Freud used the term to describe a form of sexual attraction.

On the sexual level, fetishism is the attraction towards non-sexual or non-stereotypical things, and sometimes it even comes to inanimate objects. For inanimate objects, the attraction towards them may relate to their shape, surface, texture, or a person's sense of them.

This calls for awareness that sexual activity is not limited to sexual behavior itself, but rather includes sexual arousal, imagination, and practice.

We can consider fetishism as a form of paraphilia, that is, forms of unusual sexual attraction.

Read more: Paraphilia: Sex outside the ordinary

When did we know sexual fetishism?

Historically, fetishism was mentioned in the writings of the French psychologist Alfred Binet, in the nineteenth century, to refer to unusual sexual behavior and sexual arousal towards inanimate objects, or specific parts of the body, such as the foot (which is the most famous form of fetishism), the navel, or nails mouth, breast, or buttocks.

Other scientists mentioned that fetishism may include arousal with body secretions, and the Austrian psychologist Sigmund Freud considered that arousal with things associated with the body, such as shoes, is a type of fetishism.

Other forms of fetishism include sexual attraction to tattoos, piercings, items of clothing such as skirts, stockings, underwear, certain forms of hair, body hair, high heels, glasses, and uniforms.

According to studies, sexual fetishism is more common among males, and it starts from adolescence. Other studies indicate that it is prevalent in 25% of heterosexual men.

Fetishism in a relationship

Fetishism in and of itself is not considered a disease, as long as it does not impede a person's life or his relationship with his partner. Rather, it may increase excitement in the relationship.

You can make fetishism a part of your relationship with your partners. If you have fetishes, you can massage your partner's feet.

But it is important to ensure the consent and consent between the two partners, as this is what determines whether the sexual act is acceptable or not. Consensuality must meet several conditions, such as equality of powers, that one of the partners should not be under authority or pressure from the other, and that the consent be of free will and reversible, just as the consent to the sexual relationship is for one time, as it is not an eternal consent. Every exercise requires approval.

Shoe Fitch

It should be noted that there is an age for consent in every country in the world, and it is not possible to practice a consensual relationship between an adult and a child, as this is considered sexual assault.

And if there is consent for sexual practice, there should also be consent and talk about the unusual practice, such as fetishism, before it is practiced.

When can fetishism be considered a problem?

As mentioned, fetishism is not a disease or a disorder in and of itself, but at certain limits it can become a problem that needs treatment.

According to the Diagnostic Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM5), fetish sexual disorder is a persistent and intense focus on non-sexual objects, such as wearing the opposite sex's underwear, with the intent of achieving sexual arousal.

The version of the Diagnostic Manual of Psychiatric Diseases sets criteria for considering fetishism as a disorder, as this fetish must continue urgently for a period of 6 months, and that the fetish causes crisis, suffering, or obstruction to the life of the victim, and that the fetishes are not only wearing clothes of the opposite sex, or using electric vibrators sexually stimulating.

How can fetishism be treated?

Sexual fetishism reaching a satisfactory stage, to the point of ruining the life of the victim, is something that requires treatment, and among the treatments that can be used are:

1- Cognitive behavioral therapy.

2- Dynamic Psychotherapy.

3- Some medications such as anti-androgens and selective estrogen utilization inhibitors can also be used.

4- It is possible to resort to a relationship consultant to help manage the relationship between the two partners.

It is important to mention that if fetishism turns into a disorder, it may lead to illegal actions, so it is important to limit the scope of fetishism to consensual relationships.

In conclusion, it should be said that humans differ in their sexual preferences, and a healthy sexual life requires research and understanding of what excites you in your partners, and understanding yourselves., or to those around you, so you find yourself not physically attracted to their partners, or lose sexual interest except for this fetish.

But other than that, fetishes are not a problem. If your partner is aroused by wearing your underwear, or your partner is aroused by wearing your underwear, don't panic, and try to find out if you have fetishes as well, or unconventional preferences.

SirOfGod
SirOfGod
12 Followers