All Comments on 'What It Means To Be a Spare'

by Ephesus14

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments (Page 2)
ForensicFossilForensicFossil7 months ago

No. The explanation for her extraordinary betrayal just doesn't work.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteele7 months ago

This was a good read.

Well done.

I can't understand why it score so low.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA7 months ago

Well told story as the writer build one that stated "he can do better".

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Your story is not credible and weak as hell.

You fight for your country but cannot teach a lying and cheating whore nor her kid boyfriend a come to reality lesson. You obviously have never served in the military. You obviously are a weak person.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman7 months ago

I read it all, kept waiting for it to get good or better, but it never did.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wont be having fun in europe if your a boring SPARE

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Meh. Not one of the author's beat stories. Pretty flat. She wasn't ever a loving wife apparently. And he just wanted some evidence. Tonally flat.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What a boring story

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio6 months ago

What? No payback to the bitch or “Freddie”?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

HELL of a read. Interesting and engaging with very little, well, really no sex.

Reminder to everyone and anyone who tries cheating of any kind that the consequences only pile up and get way worse.

A good ending if only slightly anticlimactic....

fishgetterfishgetter6 months ago

A well written story that should have a 5* rating, BUT the story line was way off, with the characters seeming to be from another novel. Needs a lot of help in the execution of the author's intent, to make it above 2*.

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Load

Load of crap.If he wanted a proper marriage would have told her to look for a job in the medical field to avoid a three to eleven shift.Also she can't have wanted a loving marriage otherwise she wouldn't have worked the late shift.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What a wimpy soldierboy! No doubt U giys got screwed over in Afgahnistan and Vietnam! With such winps leading u…what else u expect! The amount of time this O-4 spent just waiting outside her lovers house and being in watch while she was onsde getting fucked is soo sso laughable taht i find it almost sad! Finally after all this reccee and info gathering..what did he do?? Ha ha ha!

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy595 months ago

A good yarn. I enjoyed it. Note: Civilians are prohibited access to military facilities unless they are contractors on an approved access list; civilians accompanied by an active duty military or dod civilian may at the discretion of local commander, accompany CAC holder if they are family and their new style hologram drivers license shows they are family.

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

A lot of military info, guess it's on the mark,

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A poor picture of the military's preparedness. These guys. upon hearing there was an attack imminent would merely videotape it to prove hay were right. No decisive action taken to prevent the attack. No "taking it to the enemy" here. More like the Brit's dithering in WWll.

orneryonezorneryonez4 months ago

Military Service WTF?, get it right, the correct term is Corporate Service (Corporations)... Servicing the whims of the Elite in order to make them wealthier "no ifs buts or maybes"!!!

NoBullAlNoBullAl3 months ago

Just another story about a rather slow witted MC who has trouble getting his act together and get rid of a cheating bitch!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She was not really broken up at the discovery except for it messed with her time table. She was already gone. Hated service life and was wishing a hardship tour on her husband. Whats next? Oh boy maybe he'll KIA and get the benefits? He was the one playing catch up the whole time.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 2 months ago

Sorry, your worst I've read so gar. MC had not a shroud of self-respect

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

This was a pretty weak story. The main character wasn't particularly likeable in almost any way and seemed really rather ineffectual and lacking in any kind of substance or character. He was just a faceless guy with no real personality. Heck, none of the characters in this story other than the "Villain" (Freddie) seemed to have anything passing for a personality, at least he was an arrogant dweeb with some sort of anti-military opinions. I mean, it's not much, but it's SOMETHING.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEphesus14@Ephesus14
Just recently returned to Lit. after my name and stories disappeared. Several readers have copies of my stories and I am working on getting them re-posted. I am a Retired Army Vet who enjoys writing, wine, theatre and travel; especially cruising. Some of the people I've met h...