What it Takes Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A polite knock on his door would prompt him to invite the person in, often for some special request... and not all of them work related. The full form of Jasmine slipped into the room.

"Finally I get to meet the boy I heard so much about."

To Jack, all these women were well crafted shows of sexuality with no restraint to admitting their potency. The fact that he could enjoy them all with moderation was a gift like no other. Jasmine seemed to be made to fill in the niche for all the boys with mommy issues, a warming voice and caring attitude, mature curves that made one want to just fall asleep on them. Or at least drill her while sinking hands into those curves. Boners were natural around here and he had people eager to deal with his.

"I... yes. You here also to show appreciation for helping Eva? Just doing my thing. I'm getting equal support back."

"Good that you are. Thought we had to arrange this a bit more, but it looks like the more you're here, the less we can dodge the subject."

She got herself seated in front of his desk. No issue for the man to check out that boobage.

"What subject?"

"That there is a bit more going on here." The older woman tried to ease him into it.

"Like the fact that all of you do the midnight vigilante thing?" It caught her off guard. "Yeah, I figured it out. Kinda obvious and if there was just one person to do it here, it would be Frank rather than Eva. So if she's doing it and you said this is harder on her... means all of you are doing it."

Her smile was embarrassed. There was some prejudice here, possibly of them thinking people of Earth as dumb. The average person and any from that line downwards were quite stupid compared to an astorian, due to their better education... but Jack was nowhere near that line in a very good way.

"I suppose we thought less of you. Apologies. Yes, we are."

"And she asked you here to ease me into it. No, wait... that was why you wanted to see me later."

"Clever indeed. Still welcome to come by for some cupcakes and boobies." She did have quite the cool mom attitude. "Though it's not as fun as one might believe."

"Yeah, it never is. I mean, even going on comic books... people would want to hurt you. Good, bad... in-between. Everyone could use this for their advantage. Is it at least doing anything or is it comic book status quo?"

Smoking was a well practiced habit here, astorians having a much bigger desire for it. It was not surprising that even this woman took it up. Jack had an ashtray here to do it at his desk, but often he liked to go to the break room to see who he might talk up. By now he was told of the good ventilation that kept the places livable despite it.

"At least it's getting to us. Only so long you can face this sort of thing and walk away. It's been difficult on most of us. Eva is at least holding well to that... better than most of us. I... needed a break after my last thing."

"You didn't get hurt, did you?"

"Not physically... but there was this man... with just no concern... no redeeming. I lost myself a bit there. Almost went too far." Jasmine wondered if to speak or to try and bury it. "He had taken to killing people with no remorse... people of low means and in his perspective... no importance beyond what they could do for him. There is a reason for the whole show of coat and song... it's for them to know judgment is coming... and it's a last chance to try and walk back. Some plead but don't really regret things, some just ignore it and try to get away... very few do that and we often take it easier. But that man..."

"Jasmine... you don't have to say anything. I get it. Really bad guy. Look, I'm just as disgusted by those people, yeah you have to take a moment when you see what happened, but when you hear why... you're good. You don't have to justify yourself to me, him or anyone."

"No, but I'm trying to push him out of my mind and it just lingers. Sophie told me to not run from it. So... I'm not. Sorry if it feels like I'm dumping my pain on you."

"Really... no worries. And yeah, it's a tough job." Beat. "So go ahead and let them out. Don't have it just haunt you in there."

"When I caught up to him, he started to shout out. Said he knew what we were doing and he wasn't afraid... shouted threats to me, said he's gonna kill me and my family. Not an ounce of redemption. A man so secure in his deeds that he saw no regrets." Beat. "How can people just be like that? So... I lost it a bit. You don't want to know how he ended up."

The people who found him would have rather no one ever see that man again. Doctors still cringed when entering the room. But the boy understood. A big sigh.

"Just happens in time. People get to a point where anything they do is justified. Where they are the hero of the story and everyone against them is the bad guy."

"Feels like it applies to us as well." That was the dangerous thought.

"I don't know what to say about it, but I know for sure it doesn't. Look... you're having doubts and taking another consideration. People like that don't do that... stop and think. Sometimes they do it on purpose to not stop and think to realize it and just collapse. There are people in there. Sometimes they're buried deep."

"Sorry to say... but it sounds like you're talking from experience. By now it seems there are no happy stories here." And she hated it.

"My own and someone else's. Parents were not that good to me. Acceptable, but... I had a time in high school when I was just... everywhere. Eventually I got out of that mindset and I can look back now and want to tie myself up to an anvil before jumping in a river, but... move on. And one day I just snapped at my parents to tell them all the bad shit that they did to me over time without realizing. Didn't cause the divorce but sure helped. We... don't have a lot of conversations now."

The woman felt like hugging him. Perhaps she should. Arms were held open to invite that. The boy decided to take it, but being held for more than a few seconds made a weird feeling come up.

"Okay, now I'm getting the inkling that we're going behind her back."

"Close, but not quite." She was just being motherly. But it was a bit extended. "Explain and she'd understand... before maybe giving a slap on the shoulder that you should have told her."

"I did... she's been having these 'days of crying' with me. Pulling out stuff that's making me sad and... being there."

It was a warm hug, the boy resting in that bosom that could take away worries. Felt like he had some mommy issues as well since his was not that attentive. But Jasmine was just giving some warmth. Nothing more.

"She makes us proud. I had one more thing and maybe this can lead to it." A very dramatic pause. "Sophie wants to see you."

"Uh... I heard about her. She's kinda like your priest?"

"It's more elaborate, but she is the one to look out for our comfort. And can't join us without meeting her. She wants to get your measure."

"Oh, so... interview?"

"No." A pat on his head. "Just a talk. Her word will weigh a bit more, but so far a lot of the girls like you and appreciate you around and you seem to go beyond the usual distance. So you could possibly upset her and still get the vote... but you'd have to fix it after."

"I'll be on my best behavior." Beat. "You can let go."

There was still some tension, but that might be for Eva to deal with. The man was welcome for more hugs. Maybe this could show him what more this place could do. Jack took his seat again before lighting another cigarette.

"So, any props? What might she want to hear?"

"Yes, one prop. Be honest. Fully. She's gonna see right through you so hide nothing. Even brutally honest. I think she likes us for that. Talk to her as if you would to your own mother."

"I.... would probably hide like a million things from my mother."

"A better one. Imagine a mother that accepts you fully for all that you are and is just there no matter what. She'll fall a bit short, but so will you. And she cares about Eva as well. Now Sophie wants to see if she can care about you."

"O...kay. So... where can I find her?"

"Frank will tell you where to go."

Jack would not tap that ass today, but there was plenty left in it and the weekend to enjoy at her place with his girlfriend. To his merit, the boy only half-guessed the truth of them all engaging in those activities, with his other option being that Eva had a child already. By now he could even accept that, but it was not so.

Sophie would certainly impress him.

*

He was outside the mall with Eva understanding that she'd go home by herself. The boy did not know what to expect when Frank just told him to wait there. His eyes scanned for every woman passing by with a careful glance. None approached him.

Now, Jack might not be in any way a car enthusiast. He did once know a guy who could recognize brands by headlights, elaborating on plenty of features of car guy culture, but this was a sight to impress even his barely educated mind.

A BMW of impressive look turned towards his position and quite surprisingly stopped right before the boy. The window was rolled down to have a driver in a well-fitted suit look with an expression of professionalism.

"Mister Jack?"

"Uh... yes?"

"I will be your driver today. Our course has been predetermined. When you are ready, we can depart."

This was a step above any usual ride sharing he engaged with. Even the door was opened for him to step into the plush and well-designed inside, roomy and fragrant in ways to make the average guy feel out of his depth.Once he was settled in they could go. The car rode smoothly on the roads, half of it from the skill of the driver and half from its construction.

"Do you need anything else, sir? We are allowed to make other stops."

"No, thank you." Beat. "Sorry, I feel out of place here."

"You are in no way required to conform. Please be at ease. Let me know if I can help in any way."

"Well, a bit of informality might help. Guess I'm not your usual client."

"That would be correct, however I do have regulations to follow on etiquette and I apologize if I cannot provide another experience."

"No, no... it's fine. Just did not expect this. Gonna need a moment to compose myself."

Quiet was provided as Jack considered the situation. If THIS was his ride there, Sophie was either trying very hard to impress him or something was up. There was a funny story that in his youth he was taught to not talk to strangers, believe things on the internet or get in their cars and now they summoned strangers through the internet to get in their cars. True, there were SOME safeties involved, but people had been robbed through dating apps of all things.

Eyes turned to the vehicle as it passed through the busy streets. The onlookers... the boy considered... must think him some big businessman or something alike. The windows were tinted to the point where he was unseen in the back, his casual outfit and not so impressive features to no doubt disappoint many who could see inside... or they might think he's so loaded that money would never run out. He could probably pick up ANY woman in this car. Obviously, he had his woman and was satisfied with her.

Their destination was one of the skyscrapers marking the business district. The kinds to have big names put on them as an extra attempt at opulence. Jack expected the car to drive off after leaving him, but instead he had a free ride away from the place and this man would await until his return. Damn good service. Inside, he had another escort through the modern building, once again feeling unfit for the location. An elevator would take them straight to the top. There was only an antechamber before the main office where his meeting would be held.

Everything was upscale and opulent beyond his means. Art displayed that could go inside museums, beautifully built floors, walls and furniture. Pieces from around the world brought at great cost to combine into luxury that made him feel tiny. There were technically three rooms, but two grand archways lead into side chambers with so much open space that they had not technically separated the spaces. The place was as big as his school gym.

And behind a polished desk of mahogany sat a woman that was more impressive in her outfit than her looks. Sophie was past her fifties, clearly drying up more than filling out. While she might once have been beautiful, age had taken its toll. Skin began to hang in places where there were once curves, but there was a quiet air of dignity to her. And a warm smile.

"Come in! We have quite the time set aside for it. Come on, don't be shy! You can talk to me as with the others."

To make for a better spot, the woman waved towards a sofa and pair of armchairs that gravitated around a coffee table. Better than his by a good margin. Jack felt like he was dirtying the place up by coming in. He could only reluctantly come to sit in one comfy and well designed armchair while the woman in red got seated on the sofa.

"Yes... hello. I understand you wanted to see me?"

There was a small pout. It was unfitting.

"Young man, I did ask you relax. Yes, I know you're walking into such a place. I need it more for other people who care about things like this. You don't. I don't. Let's talk openly. Eva has been saying such good things about you." A smile. "Helped her see that she was head over heels for you from the night you two met. Nice to finally meet you. I am indeed Sophie, their caretaker. And owner of the spaces they use, but we're beyond such things."

"You... own the mall? And sorry, just... a lot to take in."

"I own several malls. And other things. But, granted I care more about what happens in this one. And take it in. It's just things. We put such stock in them, but in the end they are decoration. I would often like to work in a space as cozy as yours but a lot of self-important people would not want to go there."

"Well, it is pretty. If I may..."

"You may. Relax! Okay, difficult to do with me saying it. I'm not as eager to expose myself like the girls but you can go ahead and speak openly about how you've been banging the girls left and right. Don't think I disapprove... they do work better with some de-stressing."

He got a bit shy, but the open subject could indeed make the woman more relatable.

"I do like it with them. It feels... much better than before. Though it always feels good in the first year. Then again, I could not have sex with every woman in the office. Well, almost every woman."

"Yes, we are working on that. Trying to subtly have them take over the entire mall, but some brands sure can't be impersonated. There's been a growing interest in doing this despite the stories coming out of this place."

"People over there want to come and do this as well? Also... you feel like this is the center of things... or at least an important point. Are you really just their... caretaker?"

Sophie gave him a warm smile. She was easy to talk with and had years of experience. For now, the older woman still tried to help the boy get comfortable.

"I suppose I also am providing a lot to the operation. But yes... for this particular group... I am their caretaker. A link is there for people to talk to me at any hour I can spare. And I find it a very fulfilling work. Feels like I have my own family."

Jack looked down as facts were flowing into his head and something rose to the surface. Something was not adding up.

"It feels... like this has been well established. I mean... all of this looks like it took years to prepare, but we barely met the aliens a year ago. Or had you been infiltrating since long before?"

She gave him a hearty chuckle.

"Suppose I can say that I have been infiltrating for a very long time. Apologies. I am not from the empire, I am from here... born, raised... married and grew to this. Neither was I on the ship going over there... despite wishing for it."

The man needed a good pause to consider that.

"But... you're helping them? And... you look to... know them quite well? I mean, you seem so comfortable with them and such. Confused you for one. You really are from Earth?"

"Born in a small town not far from here. My husband was the businessman. We married when he was barely starting out with one shop, running it together. When things were growing I brought him plenty of late meals, dodging stacks of papers that were strewn through our house... He never needed to do that. I loved him for who he was. Even when he was deep in his work he had time for me."

"He... sounds like a good man."

"He was." The woman let that with a sad air.

"I'm very sorry to hear."

"Cancer. Didn't matter if he never did anything to cause it or that we could buy the best care there was. It took him. And I got this. Never cared for it. But I can't just let it fall... it was his work... and the investors would have wanted to carve it all up to their satisfaction. Thankfully he left an ironclad will. And then the outsider came to kill them before they could do me in."

A deep sigh. What people do for money.

"And how did you get to know the empire?"

"I think that by now we are all aware that there are more fantastical things in the world... would you believe in one happening?"

"There's little to surprise me at this point."

Sophie gathered her words to tell the boy her story.

"It was about three years ago. I was without Johnatan for close to two. I decided I would not look for other men... could not trust them. Even the best one might be looking at my money. And I did love him and wanted for no other. No flight of fancy with a young man or any such thing. But I am digressing. Getting a bit sentimental about him."

"Don't worry, it's clear he meant a lot."

"One day, like any other... it was in barely any way special... I just went to bed. I woke up in one that was not my own, in a bedroom I could not recognize. Obviously, I panicked at first... until the door opened just from me thinking about it. When I rushed out... I barely noticed the place, instead noticing what I could see on the balcony... beyond it was a vista that I could recognize from nowhere on Earth and I've been places... it took my breath away. But not as much as that man standing on the balcony."

"You were... taken away?"

"Yes. He was there to explain it. That he was that god and he brought me over at pure chance... just to enjoy it. If I wanted I could leave... in the morning after I had gone to sleep, I would wake back where I was, no time passed. No one would notice me gone."

"That must have been scary." Jack eyed the ashtray on the table. "Do you mind...?"

"Go ahead. Maybe we should work some drinks over. Need anything?"

"Just something soft. Need to focus later. I'm seeing Eva out for games."

"Ah, your almost weekly getaways. She really likes that place. I'll make sure I don't take too long."

The woman provided both of them with soft drinks of a bigger price than he was used to. Maybe slightly more impressive in taste, but not worth a hundred dollars a bottle.

"So..." She tried to resume. "The man called James was there to tell me to enjoy that alien planet. Mentioned about the easy sex and such. At first I told him I was not interested in that... and then went on about the room being beneath my usual means. He snarked about getting me a penthouse. I could tell the disdain for someone rich."

"That... can't have gone well." Jack had lit his smoke and was succeeding in relaxing. The woman felt more human rather than some impossible figure above him.

"Actually... not at all. Ever since I have been so important everyone's been trying to kiss my ass. Getting straight sass was actually so refreshing." She actually smiled. "But it could not give my husband back and unlike many... it might have been a downgrade in means. But it was not. I was there... for a few years."