What Now? The Conclusion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers

While we are making apologies I have one for you Dorothy. While I was in 'get even mode' with you, I let Joe take advantage of you. Looking back that was even low for me. If I could take it back I would. I know Dixie told you about it. That's something I should have never done. I guess you rattled my cage a little to hard.

I then said, "Dorothy we need to talk some more, but right now I would like to get some rest."

"George, I fixed Dot's room for you. She was really happy to have you stay here and offered her room. As you know she had to go back to college today but said she will keep in touch and probably come home to see you next week end."

Dorothy helped me out of my chair and into Dot's room. Brought me my medication and off to sleep I went. I was highly medicated for the next couple of days. I spend most of my time in the easy chair or in bed. Whenever I woke up I knew that Dorothy was near. She makes a great nurse.

My sons stopped over to see how I was doing. I told them that I was coming along pretty good. The next day we were suppose to see the doctor and see how things are coming along. Dorothy kept in touch with my business and made sure the work was being done. This woman did everything for me. Why didn't I ever see it. I guess it takes a divorce and a near death experience to wake some people up.

The next day we went to the doctor and he said everything looked okay. That by the following Monday I ought to be able to return to work.

Dorothy said that was great news and was really happy for me. She also knew that it was time for me to return to my own house.

She drove me to my house and followed me in. It seemed drab and dark compared to her place. I guess that was just the woman thing. The brightest thing in my house at that moment was Dorothy standing there.

I looked at her and just wondered where and when we went wrong. I asked her if I could stop by her place the next day and have a talk with her?

She looked at me and said, "Anytime George, that would be fine. Would you like to have dinner with me. I can have it ready for you when you come over?"

I looked at her and said that would really be nice of her to do that.

She looked back at me and said, "Pork roast, broiled potatoes and carrots."

I just smiled! She knew my favorite dinner.

Epilog:

I stopped by and we had my favorite dinner. Then we had a long talk. I told her I would like to go out with her but we would have to take it slow. We both lived in our own places. I started seeing her at least five nights a week. I think we started to fall into love with each other. We never took each other for granted and did our best not to bring up the past.

We didn't talk marriage but to all our friends we were a couple. Our children and grandchildren were happy to see us always together. Going home to my apartment wasn't quite as bad now. I knew I would see Dorothy the next day.

The first time we had sex I thought it would be awkward but it wasn't. We just clicked together as a couple and put each other first. We literally made love. I didn't visit the bars anymore. I didn't need too. I had a loving girlfriend I could visit anytime I felt the urge which was beginning to be pretty often.

Will we every remarry? We don't know. Right now we are dating and taking it one day at a time and loving it. You see, as the doctor said, "God gave me a second chance at life." That's the least I could do for Dorothy.

The beginning?

Well readers that's it for "What now?"

Comments welcome

DG hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers
12