All Comments on 'What She Didn't Know'

by BigK10

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
Emotion?

This could have been a really good story. But, it was devoid of any real emotional element. The dialogue seemed woooden and flat. The husband never seemed to be genuinely hurt or angry and the wife was a cartoon who the reader could feel nothing about.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 13 years ago
I agree with hawkeye

It seemed rushed. Like you could not wait to finish writing. That is fine to do in the first draft

This needed more development in several more drafts. IMHO.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantover 13 years ago
Couldn't get past the first page

Typical cheating wive stories do little for me, but your lead in suggested this was different, and it was: sci-fi or fantasy or whatever one calls it. The magic power was beyond my ability to suspend disbelief

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersover 13 years ago
Nah...

The "super-hypnotist" aspect of the story was just plain silly in the context of a loving wives tale.

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
Good writing

Some of the elements like the powers were a bit off the wall but that also could be interesting if presented well . You explained that just fine , but the story as a whole did seem rushed and the emotion wasn't there . I give 3 stars as I liked the story in a very general way but I wasn't crazy about it at all .I felt disappointed that the energy of a good story wasn't there . But it wasn't a swinger/swapper/wimp/cuck story so I do greatly encourage you to keep on writing for LW .

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Good

I didn't really have a problem with it. Others have said that it needs more emotion or something. I am not a writer, so I don't know how to help with that. If you keep trying, I will read them. As Mongo said, we need more stories along this line. Good luck.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Purely as a reader.

I thought this was a very good well written story. It was an interesting read and it kept me reading until the end. Well done for this story and thanks for your time.

I am looking forward to your next story.

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Getting better

You need to be more patient as you develop the story that elucidatess your premise. You write well enough that you do not need artifices like mind control or super soldier histories to show the emotion and conviction of your characters.

I am looking forward to your next work.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
I liked the supernatural aspect of the story

A good storyline and I thought that his ability was a little sci-Fi, but interesting.

Different than a lot of stories that are posted under the loving wives genre, and was a good read.

Thanks

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Descriptive, but lacking

You told the story dispassionately and (for me) that left it without the punch to get me to care about any of the characters. I look for something in a story that has me care what happens.

I know you can do it. I hope you do.

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlover 13 years ago
Please read my story

I liked your story and gave it a 4.

Please read my story, "The Principle of the Thing" by calibeachgirl. It is very close but with a much happier ending.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 13 years ago
Okay

Wasn't sure about the psychic abilities, but it was okay... A nice read.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Thought it was great except for the stupid MC crap....

...but you presented the scenario in a realistic way which is rarely done here. Would have liked to have seen the myth of "puppy love" shattered after the cheats moved in together,but I don't think you had protagonist appear too dispassionate,he roared at the appropriate times and a few good lines to boot. Love the "emotional double enema".

likeboblikebobover 13 years ago
good job

I thought you did a pretty good job of writing a readable story that was based on a stupid pretext.

MinigalesMinigalesover 13 years ago
The Sex Addiction Thing Is Bullshit

It did not happen frequently enough to show a sex addiction. It is just stupidity and loose morals.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
I loved that happy ending!

The story was a bit strange, but I liked it. Keep writing, I like your take no prisoners approach to cheating sluts.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 13 years ago
Poco Loco

A little crazy I think, but still a good story. I hope you write some more. I hate cheaters too.

norcal62norcal62almost 13 years ago
Guess I'll second likebob; fairly good read based on a stupid pretext.

The magic eye stuff killed most of the enjoyment for me. It's too over the top for a LW story.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Misrepresented

This story should have been in the 'Mind Control' archive. Yes, it had a cheating wife and you could have tagged it as such.

While the adultery was the primary focus of the story, the 'solution' so overshadowed the other elements for 'normal' LW readers that they, as the comments have indicated, feel betrayed.

That said, from what I recall, the writing wasn't bad and I liked the fact that having 'magic powers' didn't fix all the problems in this guy's life. He can still be emotionally hurt. He still has to do his taxes. That was a nice element that you normally don't see.

I've read all three of your stories. In all of them, you go hard for revenge. Your best was the one that actually had the most plausible revenge scenario, IMO.

Take that for what it's worth if you continue writing. I like your character development and your style. My disagreements are purely on a plot/style basis.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Weird story

A little too strange to buy into at any point. Oh well...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Weird

Tough story to read. The mind control doesn't fit (wrong category) and the pretense of the story is based upon cheating that was almost predetermined.

I don't know what the fuck I am saying.

Fuck it.

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Huh?

That one word kinda says it all.....

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Interesting

It seems to me that when you start with an unusual premise, it ought to have an equally unusual ending. The only way I was able to swallow the idea that this guy was a super hypnotist was the expectation that the ending would make it all worth while. Instead, this fizzled and tried to end as if it were a normal cheating wife story. What was I expecting? The set up was hubby being invited to see her therapist. A seemingly innocent invitation. The twist should have been the therapist being a super hypnotist as well. During therapy he discovered she had been hypnotized, treated her accordingly, and now was going to hypnotize the hypnotist into taking her back. Now that would have been an interesting ending for an interesting tale.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Yeah OK then -

He used his ability for good then evilish then not -

I got the concept easily enough and he was a good guy in a bad situation - he fixed what he could and regretted the harm he caused but took nothing away for himself at ll -

Interesting and a bit of a self martyr condition going -

Keep writing

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
wrong category!!!

I hate it when I start to read a story only to find out it is in the wrong category. This is clearly a Mind Control tale. And, his attempts at revenge and punishment fall apart and cause harm to all parties,

Sorry but your attempt to be too cute backfired,

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Interesting Tale

Delightfully filled with cliches and extreme situations. At least there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. With respect to the fantasy, it gives nice punishments because they are reversible.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
How about Sci-Fi or Mind Control for this crap?

In the beginning he has shown he can't do anything while surrounded by turmoil. How about if Mark punches June? I think she lets go of his cock and he's gone. End of silly story. The remainder was simply implausible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
sci fi

or la la land for this bs dream land cloud 9

2 stars

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
You can't please everyone!

You obviously know what is right; why do you give a shit what the left-wing liberal do-gooders think? Their only concern about cheating is that they get away with it unscathed. I say, let's scathe em good!

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wrong Category

This story belongs in the Supernatural category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Put this garbage in Mind Control

Where no one needs to read it. This was really awful.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
CHEATERS SAY I DIDNT KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN

knowing full well there will be some form of consequences. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I gave it 4 stars ...

... It is in the wrong category, Sci-Fi or Mind Control is a better fit. The story was a bit too long due to the author’s efforts to tie up all loose ends.

The intriguing part was Cliff's job tied into his talent/skill set, although the character himself was not as "fleshed out" as he should be. With a power like this any human would develop an ego of god like proportions. Then with a job in intelligence, as distrustful as that community would need to be, a much more interesting story or stories are available to the imagination.

Think of the possibilities, a super ego with an immense power and a powerful, nervous, secretive agency trying to control or eliminate this character. And the sex could be unlimited in quantity or kink. Come-on writers, someone sink your teeth into this, Panther fan.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 8 years ago
Interesting Story !

A good read and maybe a little too long as author wantes to finish all loose ends.

Wrong category perhaps as the story was heavily tilted towards mond control.

Vito1960Vito1960about 8 years ago
Great story

Great story, a little trippy ! I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
why not

just implant the thought in wifes head not to be a adulterous cheating cunt?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice Twist on the Mind Control!

I loved the twist with the cheating wife's husband having mind control abilities. His desire to have someone love him for himself is totally believable!!! While it might be great to have a sex slave wife, there would never be real love and it would become meaningless. It's a great story, with revenge for him and healing for her. Liked the ending with him walking away...

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Ugh...

Your protagonist is a serial rapist. Raping untold unwilling women and even wives and mothers and daughters at the same time.

I would have put a bullet in his crotch and in each major joint while leaving him on a fire ant hill.

The rest of the story was bland and unsatisfying.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreabout 7 years ago
Hate mind control rape fantasy

Useless story all around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

mind control makes for a stupid story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What?

Parts of your story make no sense at all!! If he told Mary to pull off his balls, then how is that imaginary? You can't have her squeezing his cock so hard it hurts him and then telling her to pull his balls off and that is only imaginary....Anyway the whole story was shit! The dialogue was stilted and sounded to much like speeches than a conversation. I gave it a 2...probably 1 too many!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One star since "Someone Will Die" is so vile and also preposterous . . .

ALL your stories get 1 star.

Stop writing, asshole!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I Agree With So Many People Here

It definitely should have been submitted under mind control and it became unnecessarily long. But I disagree with the brutal criticism. I liked the concept of mind control. I keep having similar dreams whereby I somehow came to possess a partial shipment of an experimental drug that had a combination of effects. It had strong hypnotic effects; it made the one who administers the drug capable of guiding the subject by powers of persuasion; it had strong qualities of a truth serum and it could be used simply as a sleep medicine and pain reliever. The subject often awoke feeling a lot better when they awoke. Dreams that they had became "memories", as if they had actually occurred at an earlier time in their life. Run with this idea. Good luck.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Wow

This is so far out you have to catch a airplane to get back! Shooott or sheeiittt either will do, Basically it's His fault in the second half of the story. What with the mind control and all that Bullshit, he fried her poor brains! :- So Yes I Feel For the Wifee and a little bit for her lover.

Anyway that's my Comment 5 ★ WOOF!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Closure?

If she and Mark needed "closure," once should have been enough!

Sex addict? - Except for a few (FIVE isn't a couple of times!) times while dating, she had been faithful until she ran into Mark, despite his travels. That doesn't sound like someone sufferign a sex addiction to me!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1*

Yeah, fuck her! Sex addict or not, she was a hideous cunt. She was MARRIED to Cliff when she claimed to be IN LOVE with her primary living dildo Mark, too. Fucking whore. Being a sex addict is one thing; it would've understandably still hurt Cliff, but at least that would've been just that and maybe they could've gotten her help. Entering into a marriage half-assedly while still having feelings for another man, lying about being totally in love with her husband (get fucked) and then fucking said other man is the hallmark of a cunt

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I've read this story several times now

Granted, it should have been put under "mind control." But the premise makes for a change of pace. Did the punishment fit the crime? Or was having his gonads shrunk and torn off overkill?

It seems with this kind of power, just simply making him violently ill for the rest of his life if he cheated on a spouse would be sufficient.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
More

BFF, pychos, now mind control. So many ways to get revenge on cheaters. Big plus to include wife and affair partner in revenge. BigK is getting soft though, both cheaters lived this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
GOOFY

Just a goofy story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Abracadabra...

He forgot to plant the thought in his wife's mind, not to fuck some one else behind his back. Duh..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Different

The writing was technically reasonably good, and the approach to burning the bastard and bitch was creative. I think this one deserves a better reception than it seems to have gotten.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Mind control bullshit

Put it where it belongs so I never have to read this garbage. WTF were you thinking???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well Jeez!

Now I know how uninformed some readers can be. Doesn’t anyone else have this power? I can do it with my eyes closed !!

Ok, back to reality ——- this isa stupid mindless story with no thought given. It’s an absolute waste of time.

After the line about the CIA buying him a plane so he could do their dirty work I realized what mindless drivel this is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
BULLSHIT

Lots of bullshit!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Too much

3 stars decent writing but too sci-fi fantasy without adequate background

Like sci-fi fantasy

Punishment matched crime

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Equine poo!

Incredible horse lumps. Unenjoyable. Ten minutes totally wasted.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Reread

Not that bad as a fantasy story. I enjoyed it as it was very different.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Yeah

You have a LARGE imagination

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
sci fi

I can live with the sci fi aspect of the story, but the ending still stunk. either punish the wife or don't but did she really regret what she did?

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Okay story

Kind of all right story that doesn't get carried through very well. These kind of mind control stories are questionable, not in what they do, but in what they don't do. E.g. he could have helped June solve her problems without all the trauma she had to endure.

QuintiusQuintiusabout 4 years ago
Decent premise...

... rotten ending. The sex addiction plot device was a cop out in my view. It was too easy and took away too much of June's culpability for her actions of betrayal. The whole thing felt designed to gain her more sympathy than she really deserved. The latter parts of the story would have been better served describing his new situation with his girlfriend Dawn and how he deals with her and his lack of trust. Tell us if he eventually marries again and if he decides this time to confess about his powers. Would have been a much more interesting epilogue than this beating a dead horse over his ex. Honestly, after all she did who cares if she and Cliff can become friends again some day? The ending of the story should have focused on Cliff's future love interests, the evolution of his work, and how he feels. Any mention of June could have been a footnote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not my cup of tea

This guy possessed super natural abilities. The story started weird and ended weird. In between story was very unrealistic ab normal. I keep reading thinking it might get real but no so.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

The "super hypnotism" use wasn't well thought out and felt contrived to support the story instead of being a vehicle driving it. How it was used and the consequences could have used more realism, even in a "fantasy" story.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Not a bad story, but in many ways sad, who among them won anything?

4/5

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

Could have been a better ending for the MC. But that's life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No sex? You have way too much time on your hands

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

Not bad, the "super hypnotism" was an interesting twist, and I liked that the MC despite his "powers" wasn't a monster abusing them with him even helping out the wife's former lover eventually. Wish it had a more satisfying ending, reconciliation or new love or something rather then it being open ended. Gave it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This one was stupid. Even for Lit. Not your best effort.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave it 4 stars. I understand he broke up the cheaters marriage. Giving him his dick back, probably meant he would be back with her again. Wifey got off to easy tho. Should have made her think she was 70, and her pussy could not lubricate, and sex would be painful. THAT would have curbed her addiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ewwww! If my ex told me what she just said it would most definitely erase any slight thought of sex with her again! In a way that is the BEST thing to have happen to this guy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cliff, don't you love me anymore?"

I took a deep breath, saying, "Yes, I still love you and that's what makes this hurt so much. I loved you with everything I had; no one can just shut off that intense an emotion

Ummm, THE LIES YOU TELLING... YES, some people can in fact shut off that "intense feeling and emotion"😕😒..... lies lies lies... love can in fact turn into hate, even indifference in a instant. Depending on the crime. This wife cheated, CLEARLY the "feelings and emotions" weren't as strong on her part. She fuck'd another man🤭🤭🤭😭😭😭😭😭😭.. the stupidity.... some people take betrayal seriously.. trust is very important to most.. once that's broken, no amount of "love and emotions" is getting that back. Yeah you can stay together and try to make it work. But I can assure you the relationship will NEVER be the same. There will always be doubts, always be insecurities, always be mistrust. That's what happens when your mate stabs you in the back🙃... to say you can't turn that feeling off is actually absurd..... Depending on the depth of the betrayal. I guarantee love can turn into straight indifference (skipping the hate)... I don't give two fucks how long you've been with someone. After learning of their betrayal and how deep it went, fuck love and fuck the backstabber... at least it is for me... I am not wasting my love on someone who clearly doesn't feel the same. I will move the hell on and find someone who deserve me... I'm surely not using the you can't just turn that love off easily bullshit.. why not? The cheater was able to turn their love off that easily.. why shouldn't you? Am I suppose to love the cheater more than they love me? The fuck you say😂😂😂😂😂.. fuck all of that nonsense... in the end he got rid of her. So that'd good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, I didn't know want-to-be Psycho-therapists read revenge Lits. A good hypnotist can definitely do what Cliff did. Even create elusions like Cliff did. His abilities came naturally, and he developed from there. Others can be trained to do it, but they are probably not as good. Some of the readers need to realize that this story could be more truth than fiction. Good job. Well done. Keep writing.

XYZ

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

Good story but sadly, it ended badly for Cliff because of June's actions while June is getting better because of her parents with a small assist from Cliff. So, in the end, she fucked-up, he suffered, and she got better.

AethurAethuralmost 2 years ago

My only complaint is the "sex addict" part. She wasn't a sex addict before the divorce. Her behavior was probably more driven by guilt, low self-worth, and depression. And poor impulse control.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 2 years ago
Sorry

You certainly like that word

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

So the MC is a rapist and we are supposed to be sympathetic because he has a cheating wife? You are delusional

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[31.03.23]

Fun stuph!

11/10!!!!!

XluckyleeXluckylee6 months ago

Just dumb 3 stars from Xluckylee

demanderdemander5 months ago

If a person really could read minds, or make people do stuff, he'd go nuts in a couple of months. D

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

I don't usually like stories with this sort of trick, but I did like the final meeting. I think every spouse who is cheated on hopes their spouse will someday appreciate what they lost.

LucasredLucasredabout 1 month ago

Good story. I just can't get into the 'magic mind' control.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This belongs in fantasy or scifi not loving wives never happen as written

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigK10@BigK10
389 Followers
Over the last few months, I have unexpectedly found a "support group" that I was in need of--even if I didn't realize it! Yes, I was also the victim of my first wife's cheating ways. When it came to a head, I got drunk for 3 days, then slammed the door shut on that part of m...