All Comments on 'What We Must Ch. 08'

by KemMyst

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
KyriaeKyriaeabout 9 years ago
problem

I was enjoyin it untill I saw epilogue..... u ended it tooo too abrupt... I feel cheated and definitely annoyed

nadaliwnadaliwabout 9 years ago
*****

Great story and I disagree with the other comment. I'm glad you didn't drag this story out and let us use our imagination on how their love progressed.

Wolftight21Wolftight21about 9 years ago
Nice and a question.

Love the chapter, especially when she tore out Ian's throat. And in the epilogue, even though she's letting him eat her out, I have a feeling she will still be difficult in the future and I say that because it's now obvious that she's more accepting but it wasn't mentioned if her attitude and point of view has changed completely. And now for my question. KemMyst, I'm sure you've gotten this question alot but I'd like to know because I love that story as well as the other series in that storyline. Do you plan on continuing For Silence's Sake. I know your busy so I don't expect an immediate response.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good but too abrupt of an ending

Very good story but not sure what happened - I feel like their should have been a chapter between 7 and 8, and then some story development after Devon woke up in bed with Anne and the pups. It feels like you got tired of your own story and wanted to just wrap it up and get on to something else. What a shame because you have crafted this story so beautifully up until the scene I mentioned above.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Common Sense

Anne has "no" common sense as a Human or a Wolf. She is not a good Alpha, I feel sorry for Devon.

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 9 years ago
It's over?

The end did feel rushed. It would have been nice to see how her feelings toward him developed and how she reconciled herself to this new life. I really like Anne. She is a strong person.

I understand her wolf's need to remove all trace of the enemy's scent before returning to the den, but she must have felt extremely confidant that her mate would win the fight to have remained close enough to watch them battle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Final Review

First of all... my apologies, this might go long.

I love this author; I loved the characters, but... ultimately, I just can't say I enjoyed this story. My biggest problem with it was the destruction of the idea that Were are a noble species. In my mind, the reason most of us are attracted to these romantic Were stories is the idea that they are fierce defenders of what is right: freedom of choice; respect for women; defenders of the oppressed. But these Were kept saying, "what we must... what we were ordered to do.".

This isn't noble, this is what a Nazi prison guard says at his war-crimes trial.

So... Anne learned to love being a captive... Never mind Stockholm Syndrome for a minute... what of the hundreds of other women ripped from their lives? What of the rapes and the death? For what? So the were men wouldn't have to find the willing human women?

"What we Must"? No... what they chose. What they did because they lacked respect for others.

Yes... I love this author... but I hope she (he?) lets this story line die and instead writes something with a more positive message.

My 2 cents....

realist7realist7about 9 years ago
Final Review

You haven't read many Were stories they are not all sweetness and light. Weres are like humans some good some bad. I assume you have read stories where there were Rogue Werewolves. This type of thing happens only sometimes much worse. You probably need to find a different venue to read.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxabout 9 years ago
You did it again.

Excellent story. I love your unique take on this world. Simply awesome.

realist7realist7about 9 years ago
Honesty

Heres hoping Devon and Anne are honest about their feelings for each other although Anne Told Devon "don't die" she had something to tell him hmmmmm Their honesty would be good for them, their babies and the pack. Win, Win, Win for all.

I like this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Another great story. Have loved reading all of them.

biercebierceabout 9 years ago
Wonderful

This story was a delight to read. The way it evolved and grew in characters and situation was well done. I really enjoyed it. thank you.

Wolftight21Wolftight21about 9 years ago
Found.

I knew that this series, What We Must, reminded of another story that I read many years ago. I finally found it, sadly though it is unfinished. https://www.literotica.com/s/a-wolf-in-my-bed-ch-01

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
No!

I avidly followed this but am so disappointed by the end. So rushed; no development of the love feelings, or the passion; the bond which we've all waited for. Hope you get to the sequel soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Common Sense

Anne displayed common sense throughout the story. She treated herself as a captive and made the best of the situation. I enjoyed the story until the end. Anne did not even get to name her own children and was fine with that? She completely gave in at the end? She let him move in with her and didn't leave to sleep on the couch? She just seemed to completely cave at end. I know that she was supposed to be accepting her love, but that just does not go with her character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Ending

I feel like this story deserved a better progression, a blossoming of the relationships of the main characters, not to be ended so abruptly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Loved this story, but I too felt that the ending was rushed. I would have loved to hear her tell him that she loved him and visa versa. Overall a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmmph.

Talk about an unjustified 180. Anne had no reason to love Devon. I kept reading hoping she'd ditch him and take over the other pack. Then, as equals, maybe she and Devon could have developed a healthy relationship. Instead, it's the worst case of Stockholm Syndrome I've ever read. Major disappointment.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 7 years ago

Ignore 'Hmmph Anonymous'!! The ending was a bit quick as she didn't actually tell him she loved him, but the ending was nice. Please keep writing!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous