Whatever You Desire Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She had Tommy's gun, his vest and his phone. The city car was theirs for the duration of the investigation. She and Tommy reported directly to the captain so no one was going to be checking up on them. She replayed the recording they had made using the Phantom software.

The man who had lured them to the warehouse had set up an elaborate trap but he hadn't known that Stephanie Carter was dead or that she had been murdered or who was responsible so it was likely that he wasn't the killer but that couldn't be ruled out. She replayed the sequence of events as she stripped off her filthy suit and took a shower.

She changed into lycra sports tights and a T-shirt not bothering with shoes. She checked on Tommy and suddenly felt exhausted. Julie lay down on the other side of the bed and fell into a deep sleep. Sometime during the night Tommy rolled over and put his arm around her. She could feel his breath on her neck. His respiration had changed; it was no longer the deep steady breathing that one associated with someone who was unconscious or in a coma. It was more staccato, like someone who was dreaming.

"I'm sorry mom," he mumbled and then he was silent.

She listened to him breathe for a while, feeling his chest rise and fall and then she fell back to sleep.

Day Four

It was still dark when Tommy stirred and woke her up and for a second or two Julie didn't realise where she was. The only person who had ever slept in her bed overnight was Gail Johnson. Julie had never let a man stay overnight. She gently removed Tommy's arm and rolled out of her side of the bed. The lights of the city crept through the cracks in the curtains.

Tommy rolled over onto his back and his eyes opened. He stared at the ceiling for a while then he tried to get up but his head fell back onto the pillows.

"Did someone shit in my mouth?" Tommy said.

His voice was weak and gravelly.

"Someone drugged you," Julie replied as she walked out of the bedroom and then returned with a bottle of chilled water and a glass.

Tommy reached for the water but he was uncoordinated.

Julie poured water into the glass and gently lifted Tommy's head and put the glass to his lips. He tried to snatch the glass from her hand and gulp down the cool refreshing liquid but she refused to let go and made him sip it.

"Do you remember what happened?" Julie asked.

"I don't know who was the biggest dummy, me or that mannequin. It was a rookie move. I remember being tied to the chair and some guy in a mask beating on me," Tommy's speech was becoming steadier.

Julie checked his eyes and saw that they were focussed.

"Follow my finger," she held up a finger and moved it from side to side and Tommy followed it.

"The side of my face hurts and I feel like a mule kicked me in the guts," Tommy tried to force a smile and Julie let him take the glass and he finished the water.

He held it out for a refill and realised that the bedding had fallen away from his chest and he snatched it back up to his neck.

"I'm naked," Tommy declared as he sipped more water.

"I undressed you and put you to bed," Julie watched him intently; looking for any signs that Tommy might be concussed.

Tommy felt around under the covers and seemed relieved to find that he was still wearing his briefs.

"Did you check me out?" Tommy tried to give her a salacious grin.

"You want me to get mine out so we can see whose is bigger?" Julie smiled back at him.

Tommy instinctively looked at her crotch and saw the tight 'V' in her spandex tights.

"Does it hurt tucking it away like that?" the old Tommy was back.

"Do you want something to eat? I'm famished," Julie ignored the question.

Tommy nodded and was able to sit up in bed. He kept the sheet pulled up tight under his chin.

"I want a burger, fries and a shake with a shot of Jack in it," Tommy grinned at her.

"I'll call room service and see what they can rustle up," Julie replied.

"Shit! My gun!" a look of panic crossed Tommy's face.

"I have it and your vest and your phone. The city car is parked downstairs. No one knows what happened except us and the masked guy and whoever sent him," Julie replied leaving the bedroom to use the house phone next to the sofa.

She found that there were slim pickings available from room service at this time of the morning but she placed an order and returned to the bedroom. Tommy had tried to get out of bed but he lost his balance so he sat on the edge of the bed with the sheet wrapped around him.

"Get back into bed. I'll feed you and we can go over what happened yesterday, take stock, and determine our next move. Do you need your phone? Is there anyone you need to call?" Julie asked.

"Nah. No wife, no girlfriend, no family. Now you have my life story, tell me yours," Tommy grunted at the pain in his belly as he climbed back under the covers.

"I was a happy NYPD detective but my boss made me go to Camden to work with an angry, transphobic, masochistic asshole who it turns out has a modicum of affability that he keeps well hidden. Now you have my life story," Julie replied.

Tommy shrugged. Neither of them were willing to share anything about their past and Julie figured there was no need to but she couldn't help thinking of the scars on Tommy's body. She knew that children who were systematically abused usually grew into adults who were emotionally scarred and found it hard to trust others. They put a hard shell around their true feelings.

Julie turned on the television, tuned it to local news and muted the sound and they watched the scroll at the bottom the screen but there was nothing about a disturbance at the warehouse district or about the Stephanie Carter murder.

"It will get out eventually," Tommy said and Julie knew that he meant the truth about the Stephanie Carter case.

"Then we better solve it quickly Tommy," Julie replied.

She went into the bathroom and came out with a toothbrush loaded with toothpaste, a glass of water and another empty glass for Tommy to spit in.

"You asked if someone had shit in your mouth," she offered the toothbrush to Tommy.

He stared at the toothbrush quizzically.

"I don't have cooties," she smiled at him and Tommy took the toothbrush.

She left him alone and went to answer the door when their room service arrived. She wheeled the trolley into the bedroom and took the toothbrush and water glasses back into the bathroom, pouring out the glasses and rinsing them before returning to the bedroom.

"Come sit here," Tommy patted the bed beside him.

Julie tentatively parked her bottom on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry," Tommy choked on the words.

"Sorry for what?" Julie whispered.

"Sorry for being an angry, transphobic, masochistic asshole. You're a good cop," Tommy gave her a boyish smile.

Julie said nothing.

"You look younger without the makeup," Tommy reached up and gently smoothed the bangs out of her eyes with his fingertips.

Julie blushed. She wasn't used to affection except from Gail and she had pushed her away when Gail wanted commitment.

"Don't go soft on me Tommy," Julie made to get up and Tommy pulled her down.

His strength had returned and she felt the tightness of his grip on her upper arm. He raised his head off the pillow and pressed his lips against hers.

The kiss was soft and affectionate. There was no passion but Julie felt an undercurrent like the pull of an undertow that could easily cause them to drown together if they let their feelings get away from them.

She broke the kiss and cleared her throat nervously.

"I'm sorry," Tommy whispered again.

"But not for the kiss. Thank you for everything you have done for me," he rubbed her arm affectionately, like a close friend might do.

They ate soup and crackers and shared a grilled pastrami and Swiss cheese sandwich.

"I need to tell you something. Unless the DNA turns up anything it might be our only lead," Julie broke the silence.

She told Tommy about what Ryan had said about the Fleur de Lis business card. She didn't tell Tommy how she and Ryan had met and Tommy didn't ask but he guessed that Julie had picked Ryan up in a bar or on one of the many of escort and dating sites.

"So this Ryan guy, we need to interview him," Tommy sounded like the effects of the drug had left his system.

Julie reached for her phone, opened her escort service app and brought up the picture of the man Ryan had identified as having worked for Fleur de Lis.

"No. We need to find this guy," she held the phone out so that Tommy could see the screen.

"How do we do that?" Tommy looked at her quizzically.

Julie blushed again. She was making a habit of blushing in front of Tommy and it irritated her.

"I'll call him for a date and we interview him," Julie said matter-of-factly.

Tommy remained silent.

"Or you can. I'm sure he swings both ways," Julie snipped.

"You do it," it was Tommy's turn to blush.

*****

Tommy snatched a few more hours sleep while Julie worked the case and drank coffee. She showered and changed while Tommy slept. She fixed her makeup and woke Tommy up and left him alone to shower and dress. His suit was a mess and his shirt was stained and they stopped off at Tommy's apartment while he changed clothes. Tommy didn't invite her in and Julie waited patiently in the car.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Jack Shepard asked back at Police Plaza.

"I had a falling out with an uncooperative witness," Tommy made light of the bruise on his cheek.

"The tranny cooze wasn't much help I take it," Jack snarled, giving Julie a look of hatred.

"You know what. Come with me Jack. Julie, open up the office please," he tossed the keys to their makeshift office to Julie and led Jack into the adjoining interview room and closed the door.

"Lay off Julie, please Jack," Tommy said.

"What, it's fucking Julie now? You're not fuckin' that broad are you? I never figured you for a homo Tommy," Jack baited his partner.

Tommy pushed Jack into the wall.

"She's a good cop Jack. I got her all wrong. Sure she's... well she's different but she doesn't let that stand in the way of policework and that's what I need right now Jack. Someone who'll call me on my bullshit, test my theories, cooperate when I need her to and argue when it's called for," Tommy let go of Jack and smoothed his lapels.

"When this case is over we'll team up again and it will be like old times," Tommy said, reassuringly patting Jack's meaty shoulders.

"You know what? Kiss my ass Tommy. That queer broad has fucked up your head. I'm not sure I wanna work with you anymore," Jack said bitterly.

"Just let me close this case Jack and we'll be good," Tommy said, trying to appeal to Jack's camaraderie.

"Fuck you Tommy," Jack said sulkily and slammed the door on his way out.

Tommy went next door and joined Julie.

"Trouble in paradise?" Julie had heard the door slam next door.

"Don't start please," Tommy said and Julie took the hint and let it rest.

"I ran a search on Stephanie Carter's apartment. It's leased through a shell company, not in her name," Julie changed the subject.

"Yeah," Tommy sounded distracted, probably because of his altercation with Jack Shepard Julie thought.

"The company's name is White Lily Investments," Julie added.

"Right," Tommy was still distracted.

"Tommy! Fleur and lis mean 'flower' and 'lily' respectively in French. Are you even listening to me?" Julie barked.

"Oh, ok. So it's possible that Stephanie Carter was not just working as a whore for this dating agency, which let's face it is just a fancy name for procurer of prostitutes, she was being supported by them," Tommy came out of his reverie.

Julie flinched when Tommy described dating agencies as procurers of prostitutes because she was a regular user of their services.

"They own other apartments scattered around Camden City but the listing for the company address is just a mail drop. What I'm getting at Tommy is that the pimp theory doesn't hold water. Why kill one of your most valuable assets?" Julie speculated.

"Like I said it could be a warning to the other hookers. Don't steal my money or my drugs," Tommy replied.

"We're not dealing with street hookers here. Stephanie Carter was accommodated in a nice apartment, her clothes were expensive, she had designer shoes. The pimp angle doesn't work for me," Julie said.

Tommy reluctantly agreed.

"What about the drugs? Could she have been ripping off a dealer?" Tommy asked.

Julie searched through a pile of reports on her desk until she found what she was looking for.

"The cocaine, speed and ecstasy found in her apartment were very high quality. The drugs were cut with bespoke laboratory chemicals not the usual crap like baking powder or talc. These aren't street drugs," Julie began to get excited.

"Think about it Tommy. Stephanie is living in a very well-appointed apartment; the sound system alone cost more than my car. The drugs are designer and so are her clothes," Julie continued.

"She works for an exclusive dating agency that doesn't advertise publicly, doesn't even have a website that I can find, it's only available by recommendation. Stephanie Carter was like a bird kept in a gilded cage, only available to select clientele," Julie tapped the royal purple business card with the raised gold printing.

"So who was the guy who drugged me and beat me up?" Tommy countered.

"Maybe this White Lily Investments hired him to find out what happened to one their most exclusive investments? The thug didn't seem to know what happened to Stephanie Carter either. He drugged you to get information from you," Julie replied.

"So, all roads lead to Fleur de Lis. You better make your date. How do you want to do this?" Tommy's attitude had changed.

He was deferring to Julie rather than bossing her around.

*****

The sting was nothing elaborate. Julie used her escort service app and found Randy, which was the name of the man identified by Ryan. His profile listed him as 'Bi and Top or Bottom Versatile'.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Tommy asked.

"Have you been living under a rock Tommy? He's bisexual and can switch between catching and pitching," Julie said and Tommy still looked perplexed and then he deciphered the metaphor and it was his turn to blush.

She made the booking and Tommy made a quip about being able to claim it on expenses if she got a receipt and Julie told him to fuck himself.

They decided that Julie's hotel suite was a good a place as any to spring the trap so they went there via a liquor store where Julie picked up two bottles of Australian Pinot Noir and Tommy two six packs of domestic beer which Julie thought said a lot about how different they were.

Tommy sipped his Bud while Julie poured a glass of wine and retired to the bedroom to change.

"I need to look the part when I answer the door otherwise Randy will smell a rat. These guys do this for a living, they are always careful with a new customer," Julie explained.

Julie was living out of a suitcase so she wore same ensemble she had worn for her interlude with Ryan: the same heavy makeup, ultra-sheer nylon stockings, black lacy boy-leg panties and the semi-transparent black negligee and black high heels.

"Jesus!" Tommy choked on his beer when Julie came out of the bedroom enclosed in a miasma of exotic perfume.

"I told you I need to look the part. Women like to look sexy and desirable even when they're paying for it," Julie said matter-of-factly.

Tommy tried to avert his gaze but it was difficult as they sat side by side on the sofa reviewing their plan, she drinking a Pinot Noir and Tommy his Bud.

When the doorbell chimed Tommy retired to the bedroom.

Randy turned out to be a twenty-something blonde twink. He projected a confident demeanour and was comfortable with his handsomeness. He was wearing ripped jeans, boots and a skin-tight t-shirt but it was all designer. His hair was professionally styled.

"You look ravishing," he kissed Julie's hand as he entered the suite, taking in the surroundings as men and women employed in his profession were want to do.

He knew that Julie must have money to be able to afford his services and she was staying in one of the hotel's best suites. She led him to the same couch where she and Tommy had been talking only minutes before.

"Do you want to make small talk or shall we just get down to it. Ryan tells me you have quite a voracious appetite," Randy smirked at her and Julie took an instant dislike to him.

"I thought my service promised discretion," Julie sniped.

She knew that Tommy was listening to their conversation from the bedroom.

"Sex workers talk amongst ourselves but we never snitch to our clients and never to people outside our circle," Randy smirked.

"Well I think you will talk to me and my partner," Julie whipped her badge and her gun out from under the couch.

Tommy came out of the bedroom and went straight to the door, blocking any attempt Randy might make to flee.

"This is entrapment," Randy growled.

"We're not vice and we have no interest in your employment or your current employer for that matter," Julie gave him a smug grin.

Julie put on the white terry bathrobe provided by the hotel. She had no intention of grilling a potential witness dressed only in her lingerie.

"Ryan tells me that you used to work for Fleur de Lis," Julie sat Randy down on the couch while Tommy took up station behind him.

The look of anxiety on Randy's face was either a product of Julie bring up the name Fleur de Lis or Tommy's menacing presence or likely both.

"Ryan talks too much," Randy whined.

"Like my partner said, we are not vice cops but we know plenty of them. If you cooperate and answer our questions you walk out of here with your fee and a generous tip. If you don't we know some police officers who can make your life very uncomfortable," Tommy tapped Randy on the shoulder.

"Fleur de Lis can make my life very uncomfortable if I talk to you about them. They have people who, shall we say, enforce their non-disclosure agreement very forcefully," Randy was no longer smug.

"Caught between a rock and hard place Randy," Tommy squeezed Randy's shoulder.

"Just tell me about your employment with Fleur de Lis. Ryan said you made your money and got out," Julie tried a more friendly approach.

She poured him a glass of wine and Randy drank it in one swallow and held out the glass for a refill.

"I worked for them for six months. They're very exclusive. Their clientele are the rich and famous and they demand secrecy but they like special services," Randy began to open up.

"Any perversion you can think of, they offer. Any type of man, woman and everything in between is on offer," he stared at Julie and gave her a sarcastic grin.

"Go on," Julie encouraged him.

"They pay well and the clients tip well. They also provide recreational substances and performance enhancers. Fleur de Lis employees are encouraged to motivate the clients to partake of said substances and are paid a bonus if they upsell. You can't go wrong selling sex and drugs to the affluent," Randy smiled.

"Fleur de lis, whatever you desire. Their trademark says it all," Randy's smile became a smirk.

"Why did you leave?" Julie asked.

"I didn't like some of the stuff I was asked to do. You do not say no to a client. I won't go into details but I'm not into torture porn, scat, sadism or any other form of paraphilia. I'm a meat and potatoes guy. Straight, gay, trans, anal, oral, top, bottom, a little light B and D, sure. Group sessions are fine too but it got to the stage where I didn't like what I was doing and I didn't like pushing drugs," Randy said with a straight-laced expression on his face.

"And they let you leave?" Tommy asked.

"Sure. I signed a non-disclosure agreement and I was visited by a very scary guy who reminded me of me my obligations," Randy replied.