What's Love Got to Do with It??

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I worked the day. Neither car moved, until Bass's left at five. Jennie's was soon also on the road. Each headed in opposite directions, toward home.

Jennie looked anxious when she arrived. I had started to prepare burgers and fries, with greens. The girls rolled in just after Jennie. Dinner was subdued, based on Jennie's apparently pensive mood.              The girls were quick to take their ice cream cones upstairs.

After she cleaned up, Jennie motioned me into the living room.

"I quit my job today. Friday is my last day."

"Great."

"No, Terry, you're not going to like the rest. I'm going to take the weekend -- from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening. Don and I are going to a resort. After that, I'll be home and never see him again. That's it. That's my compromise."

"What kind of crap....compromise? Bullshit!"

"It's going to happen, whatever you say or do. I need it for my own peace of mind."

"What about my peace of mind, Jen?"

"You have choices. The best one would be to let me have this, and then continue our lives like it never happened. But I know that's unlikely."

"Yep. Not unlikely, impossible. Impossible for me. Probably for you as well."

"I've made this decision. I think it's as fair as I can be -- to everyone."

"Well, I'm so very sorry. So very sorry." I was shedding some tears, and I turned and went to the stairs.

"Girls....Girls....come down here. Family meeting time."

Jennie was shocked. "Terry, Terry, don't do this. Terry, please....!!!"

"They're old enough to be informed about things that will have a drastic effect on them. Did you believe we'd not tell them?"

"I was going to say.....to lie."

The girls arrived, looking solemn. Family meetings were rare, but when they happened, it was always about big, important stuff -- death, disease, etc.

I started, "Girls, your mother and I have been at odds lately. She wants to have sex with her boss, and....."

Both of them interrupted, "MOM! Oh no."

I held up my hands and stopped them.

"I have asked her to quit her job and stay away from him. And she has agreed to quit, but not to stay away from him."

"I will stay away after the weekend!"

Mary looked incredulous, "You mean that you're going to spend the weekend cheating on Dad with your boss? That's.....it's....jeez!"

Jennie sobbed out, "It's only for the weekend, and then things will go back to normal. I'll have to get a new job, but I won't see him again."

Beth said, "That's a huge example of magical thinking. You're nuts if you believe that."

I piped in, "I can guarantee, Jen, that things will never return to normal. In fact, as we stand here, normal has gone away for good. That's all on you."

Jennie ran out and up the stairs.

The girls were deflated and looked scared.

Beth asked, "What are you going to do, Dad? Can you stop her?"

"I doubt it. As for what I'll do, one thing I'll guarantee, I'll always be there for you girls. You're old enough -- next month at least -- to decide where you want to live and with which of us. If you decide to stay with me, it would be in this house. Your mom would still be in your lives."

Mary said, "It's her fault -- all of it. Of course, we'll stay with you, Dad. Anyway, you're the one we're with mostly now."

Beth nodded.

"Well, it's good to hear that. But it'll be your choice, if it comes to that."

"So, you're going to divorce her?"

"Seems likely. She just sprung this weekend thing on me. I have to think. But I'm not totally unprepared."

"Okay. We'll see if we can talk to Mom."

"Please.....well....okay. I'm done with talking. Time for me to do."

They went back up to their rooms. I think they talked about it for some time. I went to the bedroom, where Jennie was lying on the bed, still dressed. I gathered up some clothes, and my toothbrush and razor, deodorant. Jennie watched this from the bed.

"What are you doing, Terry? You don't have to go anywhere."

"Oh, yes I do, Jen. For now, I'm going to sleep in the pool house."

"I'm still your wife, Terry. I only have to do this thing for me. Three days out of eighteen years. Please, Terry."

"Jennie, I don't get three days, and you don't get them either. If you take them, all that happens after is completely your fault."

"You could take the weekend for sex with some other woman. I see how they're all over you. That slut up the block would welcome you with open arms."

"I turned that offer down -- you remember how I could have had the hooker. I won't stray from the marriage until it's effectively over."

"You're making more of this than you need to."

"That's your take. I'll say this once more, Jennie, with feeling. If you go on this weekend with fish man, I will never touch you again. I will not sleep with you. I will do as much as I can to avoid you. And if you think otherwise, you're deluding yourself. You've tossed this marriage, and this family, out the window."

"Shit, Terry. You don't love me at all?"

I turned and walked away. I went directly to the pool house. It had a shower, sink, small fridge, and a futon bed. I grabbed a sleeping bag on the way out. I also stopped by and told the girls where I'd be for the night.

I listened to the pen recordings. I had the pen out of the purse, recharged the battery, and stuck it back in there. It was a remarkable device.

On the recordings I heard Jennie talk to Bass, in her office. Apparently she had given him a letter of resignation when she first came in to work. Now he had it and he came storming into her office.

"What's this Jennie? You can't resign. I told you I'd stay away."

"But you didn't, Don. You kissed me. And, sooner or later you'll do it again. I....I'll probably want it. Maybe even come for it. So, it's hopeless. I've go to go. If I don't, I'll end up divorced, likely lose the girls. And, I'd lose Terry. I love him so much." She seemed to be crying.

"Jennie, don't. I hate crying. Let me think about all this. I'll come back after lunch."

"Don, Friday is my last day here. Period."

"Let me think, Jennie." Door shuts.

He came back at about two o'clock -- knocked and went in.

"Jennie, I hate to lose you. You're an integral part of this operation. Things have run so smoothly since you took over. But I see your dilemma. I do have a proposal."

"What?"

"You and I go away to the beach for the weekend. I have a house there. Then you never have to see me again. Your husband would have to accept that. If he really loves you like he says."

"Oh, Don. He loves me, but he's made it clear that he won't tolerate me having sex with you -- or with anyone else."

"He only has to make it through this one weekend. If he can't do that for you, why do you believe he loves you? He's just insecure. He sees that I'm bigger and likely better. He's worried. He should be worried, too."

She tittered. "Don, Terry is very good in bed. I have no complaints at all."

"Oh? Why are you so hot for me then? Because I know you are hot for me. And I'm hot for you. If we go to the beach, you'll remember it for the rest of your life. Me, too."

A sigh. "I....I really do want you, Don. I've had a session with a therapist about it. Maybe she explained it. But that doesn't stop me from getting aroused when you're near me."

"Like right now, thinking about three days of the best sex you've ever had."

"Shit, Don. Shit."

There was some movement, scuffling, another moan. He said, "Feel this!"

"Jesus. Don...." She was breathing hard. "Okay. Okay. I'll do it."

"You'll never regret it. We can leave from work Friday. I'll bring you back here Sunday evening, and you can drive out of my life forever. If that's what you want."

"I need to save my marriage. I have to cut it off with you after this."

"Okay. You probably don't need many clothes for the weekend, though."

She laughed. He went, door slamming.

I heard her sigh. No more sounds for a while. Then she made a business call. They had no more contact that day.

Tuesday morning Jennie left early for work. I got the girls up, and we discussed the situation a little. I told them to go to the pool, but they went to a friend's house for the day. I could see that they were quite worried. But no more than I was.

I had an appointment with a lawyer that morning. I hired her. I had explained what was happening, and we talked about the whole situation. She advised me that if Jennie quit her job, I'd probably owe some support in the divorce. She also explained that the girls would actually be able to chose which parent would get primary custody. If they chose me, I'd get the house until they vacated. Then, I'd have to buy her out.

I asked about prospects for me not seeing her after she came back. I wondered if we could file and have an order for her to vacate. She said that we could file the papers, and have her served, and then ask for an order Monday. She said it might be granted, and asked if the girls could come in and sign an affidavit. We made some arrangements.

I went to the bank and took care of business there. I had a new account, and most of our funds were in it. I also cancelled Jennie's ATM card. Later, I cancelled our joint credit card. She had one of her own, and a company card as well.

I made arrangements to change the beneficiaries of life insurance and my retirement. Everything went to a trust for the girls, administered by a bank. All that wasn't easy. At the end of the day, I had word from my 'literary agent' that the book had sold and would be published as a paperback and an ebook as soon as it was edited and ready. I would be paid ten thousand dollars, and a percentage. Film rights remained with me. (Right...) The check would be sent as soon as I signed. I read the contract, signed it, and sent it back to him.

That evening I made a big salad -- chicken and cheese with greens and tomato. Bread. Enough for four. Jennie ate with us, but said little, except 'pass the salad, please.' The girls talked about a movie the saw, but they were only marking time until Jennie left. She went upstairs right after dinner. The girls and I cleared and washed. The we went to the pool house.

They wanted to know what I had done. I explained to them that I had started the trust, which would dissolve when they turned twenty-one. I explained that it was a way to make sure they were taken care of in the event of a messy divorce. They went back inside. They hadn't spoken to their mother yet.

I listened to the audio from Tuesday. Fish man came into Jennie's office at around 9:00 am. He asked how she was.

"Terry is intransigent. He flat out told me that he would divorce me, and never touch me again. I believed him. He's sleeping in the pool house. The girls are on his side. If I do this weekend thing, I'll lose everything. That's my conclusion."

"And? Does that mean you're cancelling?"

"Maybe. Or maybe the damage has already been done. I tell you, that if I think I can save the situation, I'll cancel."

"On the other hand, Jennie, if he divorces you, you don't have to quit your job here. And we can have lots of fun. Steamy fun."

More scuffling noises. Moans and sighs. Then her voice, "Stop. That doesn't help. I know how big and hard it is."

"You can have it right now. Why wait?"

"I...I....GO!" Door closes.

Jennie's voice, "Jesus."

No more such shenanigans for the rest of the day.

She got home on time. I had salmon, grits, and broccoli. I made a lemon bar cake for dessert. Again Jennie ate silently. But she had seconds. Maybe nervous eating. She went directly upstairs. After the girls went to bed, I walked over to the pool house, but Jennie came out and called me.

"Terry, if I call this off, can we....be married again?"

"Not like before, for sure. You've taken this way too far for that. If you quit and don't go, I'll still have zero trust in you -- that you'll keep your word. What could possibly restore that? It'd always bee pins and needles."

"I love you, Terry. I fucked up. Don has a hold on me. It's never happened before. If I leave after this week, and don't go for the weekend, can we try?

"We could try. No doubt it would be very difficult. No way you can fuck your way out of it. Though...."

"Okay. I'll tell him no."

"And...what about the rest of the week? He'll be after you, and you know it."

"I can put him off for three days."

"Uh huh. How far have you gone this week?"

"Not...well...not completely innocent. He put my hand on his cock. Through trousers, though."

"Sounds like you remain in the danger zone. I absolutely expect honesty from you."

"Sure."

I went into the pool house and closed the door. I'm sure she wanted to come with me. And I was sure that if she got inside, she'd get me. I was susceptible to her.

On Wednesday Jennie again left early. The girls and I had a nice breakfast, but tensions were high for all of us. They decided to stay home. I told them that their mom was cancelling. Maybe. They seemed unsure.

I scouted out the locations that Bass had been to, as revealed by the GPS. He had a condo about a mile from his work, near a big park. He lived on the first floor, rear, with a view of a lake and running trail. He had an assigned parking space.

Wednesday evening, I ordered pizza in. We ate. Things were better between Jennie and the girls. She told them she had cancelled the weekend, and would still quit the job. She stayed downstairs and watch 'Nature' on PBS with us. Leopards were featured. There were no fish. When the girls went up, Jennie wanted me to come with her to bed. I declined, politely. I slept in the pool house. I was becoming used to it.

At the pool house I listened to the pen audios. Nothing that wasn't boring happened. These tapes were not necessarily a full account of Jennie's day. She did leave her office, without the purse. For all I knew she went to Bass's office and got screwed. But I didn't believe that. For one thing, she was never gone more than twenty minutes. I fell asleep.

Thursday was another better day. I did do some more recon on Bass's condo. Checking out cameras, etc. Jennie's and Bass's cars stayed in the lot all day. After dinner tape listening revealed no big contact. The girls and Jennie were starting to get back to normal. One day to go.

On Friday morning we all ate breakfast together. I told everyone about my book contract, and got a round of applause. The girls had read the book, but that was always a little uncomfortable for me, since there was so much sex. Some of it was a little kinky, too. But I hadn't had any blowback. I don't believe Jennie had read any of it.

Off she went to work. I had been in touch with my lawyer, and had someone ready to respond if something happened. This was, after all, the day she was supposed to go with Bass for sex all weekend. I was not at all sure that things would go well on this day I was basically sure that Bass would try something.

The morning yielded no movement. I was feeling okay, but still cautious, when Bass's car left the lot. He appeared to be headed to his condo. He arrived there at about 1:00pm. I called Jennie at work. He secretary said she was out to lunch. I called her cell. It went to voice mail. I called the lawyer, and had someone waiting for me outside his place. I spoke to her, and she posted up outside the main entrance. I tried Jennie's cell again, and again no answer. But this time I was standing outside the patio door of Bass's apartment. And I heard her ring tone when I called. I also heard voices. They were not raised voices. And they did not sound like sex. The sliding door to the unit's rear opened. I stepped back around the building, behind a bush. I could see Jennie come through the door. She had been there for thirty minutes, and she was dressed in her work clothes. Until then, I had been sure that they were having sex. Now.....I wasn't so sure. I wondered what could possibly have brought them to his place, if not to screw up a storm. Bass came outside. He seemed agitated. I heard him say, "You want it, Jennie I know it and so do you."

She said, "I can't, Don. He'll know. And so will I. In fact, that's how he'll know. I'm sorry. Let's just go back. This was a mistake."

He stepped to her and pulled her into a hug. She pushed away. She walked through a gate surrounding the patio and headed toward me. I ducked into a doorway and she walked by me, huffing. She had her phone out of her purse. Bass did not pursue her. Jennie stood at the front of the building. I had not given the word to the process server, and so she remained in her car. After five minutes an Uber pulled up. She got in and it left the area.

I walked over to the process server and took the papers. I got into my car and drove home. Jennie was not there. But she soon arrived in her own automobile. I left the divorce petition in my bag. I was not yet inclined to withdraw the filing, but also was not going to serve her, yet. If she had been fucking Bass, she would have been served as she left his condo.

When she came inside, she looked flustered.

I looked up at her. "You're home early. Last day. What's up?"

"I had....a bad day. My fault. I'm gonna cook tonight. I'm unemployed."

"Don't worry. I have two paying jobs, now. Take some time off."

She started to cry. I stood up and hugged her. I didn't say anything.

She calmed down a little after a couple of minutes. She said, "I'm sorry, Terry. I'm sorry for all this turmoil. All my fault, and I almost fucked up everything." She was still sniffling.

"You had a weakness. We all have those. You happened to run into a situation that played into yours. But.....you came through it. We need to heal up a little."

"Yep. Sure do. What's do we have to cook?"

"Pork chops, salad, maybe. Some apple sauce from a jar."

"Ice cream?"

"Sure."

It was a good dinner, even if the chops were a little dry. No one said anything. The main thing was that the mood was upbeat. The girls chattered about some boys they met at a tennis court. Jennie actually teased them about it. Their sixteenth birthdays were two weeks away. I had been giving them some driving lessons, so they could do their tests. After dinner we all went out for a drive. Mary drove to a park. We sat around for a while. Then Beth drove back. They did fine.

That night I moved my stuff back into the main bedroom. I showered. When I came out, naked, Jennie jumped me right away. She had on a sheer teddy nightgown. She looked fabulous. I saw it was expensive, so I didn't rip it off her. But I did take it off.

When I moved her onto the bed, she was wet already, and I pushed into her, gently. She moaned, said, "Thank God." I started pumping into her, and she had an orgasm then another as I spurted into her. It hadn't lasted long, but it was memorable for me.

We snuggled, and slept. In the morning I woke at six. That was because Jennie had my dick in her mouth. She wouldn't stop. I came in her mouth, and watched as she opened up and showed me her covered tongue, before she swallowed and smiled.

"Good morning, Terry. Can I do anything else for you, today?"

"Let's have a shower." We went into the shower and washed each other off. That led to me pinning her to the wall, and fucking her. We'd never done that before. It wasn't as dangerous as I had thought it might be. It felt great.

We had breakfast with the girls, and then they were off to the public pool, to flirt, I assume.

I asked Jennie, "Want to tell me what happened?"

"It's embarrassing. But...I guess you should know. Don wanted to have lunch. We took his car. He drove to his place. I wasn't quite prepared for that. He said he had something prepared. So, I went in. But, I'm sorry, Terry, I knew why we were there. And I went inside with him anyway. He did have food. A light snack, with some wine. But as soon as we ate, he was on me. He kissed me again, and I was almost.....I mean really close, to letting him fuck me. But I couldn't. I felt so guilty for my...my desires. I pushed him away. I went outside, and called an Uber. I got my car and came home. That's the story."