What's the Point? (750 Word Story)

Story Info
Don't ask the questions, you won't like her answers.
770 words
24.8k
46
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Story Description: Don't ask her the questions, you aren't going to like the answers.

Story: (750 words)

Paul Meridian was perched on the same dilapidated bar stool he sat on every time he came into this neighborhood dive, which was usually daily. He would keep coming here too, as long as his unemployment money lasted.

It was only six-thirty, but he was already on his third usual, a High Side Heaven's Gate pale ale. And, as usual, he was still trying to sort out his life since his divorce over two years ago.

Interrupting his reminiscence, he felt someone plop down on the adjacent stool. He glanced over, it was his long-time friend, Sheldon Caldwell. Shelly, as his friends called him, didn't appear to even know Paul was next to him.

Shelly was staring silently in the mirror of the backbar. Paul didn't like Shell's expression.

"Jesus, Shelly, did your dog get run over?"

Shelly turned his blank stare towards Paul. "Nothing like that, Paulie. Just my marriage blowing up." It looked to Paul like Shelly was going to start crying.

"Well...shit...man. What happened?" He spoke sympathetically.

"Star cheated on me, Paulie." He stifled a sob. I caught her cheating, and she acted like it was no big deal, man. We have two fucking kids! That stupid bitch cheats, destroys our family, and then she asks me what I want for dinner. What the fuck?"

"Oh, man, that really sucks. She actually asked you what you wanted for dinner?"

"Well, no, not really. She just acted like, oh well. Let's move on."

"Wow, what are you going to do about it?" Paul's voice was tired and timid. He was already flashing back to his personal situation. His memories weren't pleasant. The last picture in his mind was the smirk his ex gave him at their final divorce hearing.

"I don't know, man. I guess I'll have to talk to her, then figure it out..."

"NO!" Paul screamed as he jumped up. The whole bar went silent and turned towards the pair. "Sorry," He leaned closer before speaking. Paul barely whispered in a controlled fury. "Don't talk to her about it. Just make a decision and do it. Let me save you the trouble. I'll tell you the answers she's going to give to your weak and pathetic questions."

"Go on." Shelly was getting angrier with his friend.

Paul took a deep breath and began. "Why did she cheat? Because her boyfriend gives her something you aren't.

"Is his dick bigger than yours? Yes, it is.

"Is he better than me? She'll say no, but yes, he is.

"Are you in love with him? She'll say no. but she's lying.

"How long? Did you do it in our bed? How many times? Is he the only one? Who is he? Etc. etc. Fuck that! No matter what she says, she will be lying, minimizing, or deflecting. So, what's the point? The answers she gives will only hurt you." He paused for a moment then continued in a voice laden with enormous pain and regret.

"And, then there is the biggie. What about the kids? Truth is, they'll survive in either case..."

"Two years later, Paulie, and you're still abusing your liver, getting fired from odd jobs, and wasting your life. I'm not sure yours is the best strategy." Shelly snapped angrily at him as he interrupted. As soon as he uttered the words, he saw an incredible sadness come over his friend. His shoulders sagged as Paul fought back tears.

"You're missing my point, Shell. I ASKED all those questions, and all I got out of it, was emasculated by the answers the bitch gave me." He sighed and sat back down.

"Here's my advice, Shell. Divorce her or not. Stay or go, but do not under any circumstances ask her any stupid questions. After I did that, I had no fight left in me. The cunt and her lawyer worked me over, but I was just to beaten down to care.

"If you stay, don't ever bring it up again. Don't have her followed. Don't put a leash on her, nothing. Just accept it happened. and it probably will again. Then focus on your children. If you go. Just have her served ASAP! And, get the best deal you can.

"You're still going to get fucked over, but in truth, the getting fucked part has already happened to you. Just do what you're going to do. Either way you get hosed. But, at least you'll have your dignity."

Paul slowly stood and shuffled out the door, silently.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Taking The Wind Out Of Their Sails His wife surprises him with a talk at her office party.in Loving Wives
"You Should Probably Take That" Dan's a man who likes to plan.in Loving Wives
My Wife wants to Date Other Men My take on the "Honey we have to talk" story.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
I Know My Wife But sometimes knowing someone still can't prevent disaster.in Loving Wives
More Stories