All Comments on 'Wheelchair Bound?'

by Kumquatqueen

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
BramblethornBramblethornover 3 years ago

This was a delight.

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you @Bramblethorn! It's a story I've wanted to tell for a while. Lived experience has got to be useful for something, right?

ontsurtontsurtover 3 years ago
Such a lovely story

This was such a lovely read. No picture perfect models experiencing perfection but a real life couple making the best out of the messy thing that is life.

Thank you

yowseryowserover 3 years ago

Sweet tale

Charming descriptions, attention to detail, capturing the independence issues of disability as well as the thrill of bound limbs in the able-bodied and inverted power dynamics.

"Not at all, my dear. It's my pleasure, to encourage perversion and depravity in the youth of today."

Splendid dialog as well. Bravo.

notusuallyshynotusuallyshyover 3 years ago
Romantic

That was so very romantic, I usually like my stories to be non realistic,you know all pert body parts and defined abs. However the love and appreciation they had for each other was expressed and described with such realistic imagery that it made it all the more romantic and incredibly tender.

wheelman53wheelman53over 3 years ago

Great story. I'm in a wheelchair so I can relate. Your title caught my eye. I'm guessing this is a true story or as close to reality as possible. To much accurate information about wheelchairs. Anyway great story. Thanks

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Love The Play On Words In The Title

And the rest of the story. Wonderfully written and evocative. Only slight downside for me was Becca comments about her body. No-one else, and definitely not Al, were concerned about it.

5 stars. Look forward to reading more of your stories.

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandtover 3 years ago

Ah, the challenges that love (and lust) can overcome.

MasterBlogmanMasterBlogmanover 3 years ago
Hell of a story

I don't want to make this all about the disability angle because there's so much more going on here. But it is fascinating to see a writer dealing honestly with the dilemmas of sex while living with disability --the worst of which can be other people's attitudes.

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you @wheelman53 .

Let's say this story is a thousand fragments of my truth and others' truths, rearranged to create a patchwork quilt of pure fiction.

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenover 3 years agoAuthor

@Ravey19

Glad you liked the story, and I recommend my story 'Tell me what you want' next.

Point taken about Becca's comments on her body - I was trying to show how both she and Ali had their insecurities, and in fact Becca is reasonably confident, happy to accept Ali's opinion that she is 'beautiful' and 'gorgeous', just not the word 'pretty' with its connotations of stereotypical femininity. She's just well aware of what the media and outspoken people think of her looks, even if she almost always manages to ignore them.

In my head, Becca is the 7-10 years older version of Bex, a minor character from my story Gas Station Guy (starring the same Rachel as mentioned in this story), so that influenced how I told this story.

ArdieffArdieffabout 3 years ago

Very, very sweet story. Well written to. Lovely characters.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelabout 3 years ago

I would never have discovered this gem apart from the competition. It's a category I'm not at all familiar with, but I was captivated by your amazing writing. Thank you.

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenabout 3 years agoAuthor

@yowser I'm glad you enjoyed the story, especially dialogue which is something I'm working on. However the line you quote, along with 'I have minions for that sort of thing' (masturbatory services) are direct quotes from the Prof himself, so I can't take all the credit.

@Ardieff and @SisterJezebel - thank you for the compliments and please Follow me and have a look at some of my other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
not even through the fic yet

"I see," the assessor said in a tone that implied great unpleasantness in store for Ali's line manager.

I FUCKING LOVE this line, as a person who uses a cane due to wonky knees. I'm not even through the first page yet and I have to thank you for showing a realistic not-all-roses portrayal of differently abled people. Thank you!

charlie48charlie48about 3 years ago

Very very good, apologies I have only just found it. so not able to vote for you the 5 stars I have credited, in the competition. And an area I don't normally read, so thanks again.

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenabout 3 years agoAuthor

Glad to hear more people have been enjoying this. Some AtW staff and contractors are great. Sadly many are a bunch of total muppets...

A walking cane (stick in Britglish - only blind people, gardeners and kinky people use cane...) can of course double up as a BDSM implement, with care.

Wheel Freedom and Graham's Affordable Leather are both real companies but I have no affiliation with them other than being a happy customer. Graham's business appears to still be going and he has a good blog.

The guy I knew who wheeled down the marble staircase of a national museum actually escaped unharmed, apart from being escorted out.

GinloverGinloverabout 3 years ago

What a great, touching and realistic story. Glad you placed in the competition so more people will read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice life and love affirming story

I don’t normally read BDSM, but this I liked. Good to see a story about disability and wheelchairs that is not about those things themselves being a fetish, but rather about learning to enjoy oneself as one likes (however kinky) despite the disability. I liked that the Dom was the one with disability and the Sub was able bodied.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Pleasantly surprised...

Lesbians who practise BDSM? At first I was turned off, but when I came back to Literotica about a month after Valentine's day, I forced myself to read this story, because I was curious enough to find out why it had won the third position in the Valentine's story contest. This cannot be an all too bad story if so many people like it, right? ;-)

Lesbians still make me (a straight man) feel I am left out of the game with no chance of participating, and I still cannot understand the pleasure of pain, but I was pleasantly surprised to read how Ali getting into a wheelchair restored her sexual relationship and I laughed out loud when Mike, the colleage from work, showed up behind naked Becca! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

probably one of the best stories on literotica

FriskyMindFriskyMindabout 3 years ago

I met my life partner when she was 38. She’d used a wheelchair since being run over by a drunk driver at age 13 so she was well used to it, and rather crazy with it at times! As her health decreased over the years, she later needed a power chair. Her strength began failing throughout her body. Things kept changing, we kept adapting. Amazing how many everyday items can be used for other purposes! Long as you keep laughing and loving, it’s all good! So much of this story felt familiar to me (except we never played with bdsm, darn it)! We were flea market regulars. Wish we’d found a fetish market! Anyhow... I was mostly expecting a lot of ignorance when I started this story and I was so happily surprised to be wrong. You brought back memories that made me smile and I thank you!

KumquatqueenKumquatqueenabout 3 years agoAuthor

@Friskymind Thank you for commenting. I'm sorry for your loss and happy I was able to raise a smile. And that I managed to exceed expectations of ignorance - I did try not to come across as too preachy!

Glad Anons also enjoyed it - though one character is bisexual not a lesbian, and why on earth would you feel more left out from two women fucking than any other pair who don't want you? Use your imagination, man!

Gym52Gym52about 2 years ago

EXCELLENT!!!

A beautiful romantic story, regardless of whether it is home or her to sexual. My wife and I have been in a monogamous relationship for the past thirty eight years, initially with me as the dominant and her in the submissive role, this dramatically changed fourteen years ago when my wife suffered a severe stroke(fortunately not while in character) she has since been wheelchair bound away from home, this has led to me being permanently at her back and call, also with no feeling in her genital areas or her right side, all sexual activity has ceased. Life can change in an instant leaving major changes for all concerned. Romance and fortitude can surmount all that life throws at you. Your empathy with those who are in wheelchairs and for their carers shines through your writing, the comment about writing to the Council struck so many chords with me.

Thank you for publishing your work on this site, it has been one of the most moving tales that I have had the privilege of reading.

Norway_1705Norway_1705almost 2 years ago

Prof. Mike's gestures are perfectly described

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. Thank you. It was refreshing to read a story which had actual humanity as part of it. It made me rethink relationships in the fantasy world that are always "perfection".

eaglem2000eaglem2000over 1 year ago

I started reading because of the interesting title. I finished reading and will re-read because of the good characters, nice imagery, realistic dialogue... A thoroughly enjoyable store. To me a good story is 4 stars, to get 5 means it went beyond what I could expect. Thank you for the chance to read it

THBGatoTHBGatoabout 1 month ago

I adored the relationship here. It felt so real, so loving, so full of care. BDSM stories aren't normally my vibe, but I stayed for the love. Great also to see different body types too. Must try and do that more in my own writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKumquatqueen@Kumquatqueen
Once upon a time, I was born. I've lived. I've fucked. I've played. Sex and BDSM are my hobbies. I looked for realistic stories I like - it's a problem being British and thus repulsed by the word 'panties' - and eventually figured I'd polish up some stories I've written over t...