Wheels of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How did you get here?"

"Kara drove me here. Don't worry, she drove back to Middletown right away."

"And you went to all this trouble because..."

"Because I love you, and I realized the weight of the effort you have been putting in to ensure the well-being of our relationship."

"Okay," Liam was looking at Jenny with a puzzled expression. "I'm glad you are here."

Carefully, so he wouldn't unsettle Jenny in her wheelchair, Liam pulled her closer until their lips were just a centimeter apart. "I have been longing to be with you all week," he murmured. And then he closed the distance between them and kissed her.

Jenny released Liam's lips. "You know I love you, right?" she whispered, their lips just millimeters apart.

Liam took Jenny's hand in his own. "I know. I love you, too."

Now was the time. Now or never. With shaking hands, Jenny pulled a box from her lap and cracked it open, offering up an amazing smile and the most beautiful amethyst-and-diamond ring Liam had ever seen.

"I'm not the most traditional woman, so here it goes, I love you." Jenny pulled one box out of his chair where she'd tucked it beside her thigh. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you as your wife, if you don't think it's too much to ask. Will you marry me, Liam Craig?"

She held out the little box, and Liam took it with a shaking hand.

Liam's eyes were as wide as saucers now. "Marry you?" He stared down at the ring, and then back at Jenny. His eyes glistened with tears, shocking Jenny. Liam wasn't a crier. "Why are you proposing to me?"

"Because I love you. Because I know you love me back. Because I think that now is a good time to make a commitment to a life together," Jenny explained. She choked on the words. "We're stronger together, and we love each other. Why should we wait?"

Liam was still not convinced. "Jenny, we talked about this. I'm not changing my mind about us, you don't need to worry. I love you with all my heart."

"No! It's nothing like that. The thing is I don't want to be away from you. I don't want a long-distance relationship. Eventually, it will put a strain on us. Love can be lost through distance and time. I don't want to lose you, Liam. I love you."

"I don't want to lose you either. I have to admit distance is starting to be a problem. I need more than just the weekends," Liam admitted, twisting his mouth.

"If I have to move here to Tacoma to be with you I will. I checked it with your grandparents and your mom and they are thrilled with the idea. I could ask for a transfer to Tacoma and teach here."

"No way! I've been thinking about it too, and I'll be the one moving in with you. I like Middletown better than Tacoma."

"Are you sure? What about your grandparents and your mom?"

"They said, 'Go and get married. It is time for you to leave the nest.' We can always visit them here."

"I don't want to take you away from your family."

"You are my family now. You are my future."

"Not yet. You haven't said yes."

Jenny tickled his side. "Say yes."

"Maybe."

She tickled him again harder. "Say yes."

"Yes, I want to marry you."

Even though everything was moving fast with them, it still felt right.

The smile Jenny gave Liam said all the unspoken words.

Liam smiled back, leaned down and kissed Jenny, then took the ring from the box and slid it onto her finger.

"Nana said, the ring, it's a family heirloom."

"Oh wow! Nana gave you her grandmother's ring," Liam exclaimed, taking a closer look at the ring.

"If you want to make it official now, that's fine. We can go down to City Hall on Monday, get a marriage license together, and make an appointment. We could be married by the end of the week."

Liam didn't know what to say. But then Jenny took his hands, looked into her eyes, and realized he felt the same way. He wanted a future with Jenny.

"I'm ready and willing to do it, but I want us on the same page. Do you want kids?"

"Yes, I do. And before you ask, yes I can have babies."

"Good." Liam leaned forward and brushed his lips against hers. "Now, marriage. Are you sure you don't want a big fancy wedding?"

"A big fancy wedding?" Jenny grinned at him. "That's not us. I'll be fine sitting at your side, not rolling down the aisle in a wheelchair."

"I see your point," Liam said, smiling back. "I'll have a small wedding on one condition."

Jenny looked at Liam, "We'll get married in your hometown. We can marry in an outdoor ceremony and have a small wedding reception at your parents' place. Just family and close friends."

"Sounds good to me. Our families are going to think we're crazy," Jenny said.

"You didn't tell your parents?"

"No, just Kara."

"Jenny, are you sure this is what you want?"

"Absolutely. You are all I want, all I long for."

CHAPTER 24

Even small weddings take lots of time to plan and organize to ensure that the occasion will be beautiful, enjoyable and memorable with minimal stress.

Luckily, Liam and Jenny counted on the help of family and friends.

The following weeks would forever be categorized as the best time of their lives. They saw each other every day since Liam asked for a transfer to Middletown High and moved in with Jenny.

"Move in with me," Jenny told Liam when told her about his transfer.

His brows shot up, and he looked at Jenny in surprise.

"Seriously? You'd want me to live with you?"

"Well, yeah. We're already together almost every day. I mean unless you don't--"

"I'd love to." Liam smiled and swooped down to take his mouth in a sloppy kiss. "On one condition."

Jenny froze. "What?"

"Anything." She'd promise almost anything to keep Liam close to her.

"I'll pay my part of the lease and contribute to the household." Liam laughed and pulled Jenny's shirt, dragging her back for another kiss.

At the same time, Kara moved to a small apartment a few blocks away from them. "I'll be watching you, Liam. You better take good care of my sister," she warned her future brother-in-law with a smile, pointing at him with her pink bat.

Liam's mother and grandmother gathered with Jenny's mother and Kara to organize the wedding.

Liam joked around about most things to do with the wedding, but Jenny caught him, more than once, staring at her with a look of love and adoration on his face. She was sure he cared about all of it more than he allowed himself to show.

Then, the big day finally arrived.

"Oh, my God, I'm going to be married this evening," Jenny exclaimed.

She had a special breakfast with Kara and her mom and then started getting ready for the wedding. They took care of Jenny's hair and makeup. Mrs. Grant was overjoyed, humming the wedding march.

When they were done, Jenny looked at herself in the mirror and could not believe her eyes. They had done a very good job. Jenny tried to hold back the tears so she wouldn't ruin her makeup. The person in the mirror couldn't be her.

She gently held her daughter's face between her hands. "Getting married doesn't change the fact that you're still my little girl. I still worry about you. I love you and I'll always be there for you whenever you need me."

"Thank you, Mom. I love you."

Liam and Jenny had decided to get married at the gazebo. It looked amazing. Its white wrought ironwork entwined with a profusion of flowers, and lights. Jenny's students, directed by Georgina, had pulled out all the stops to make the venue as spectacular as possible.

A string quartet, composed of members of the school band, struck up 'Pachelbel's Canon'.

Jenny could barely control the turmoil of emotions she was feeling.

Her father pushed her chair up the ramp. It felt as if she was riding on clouds. When she looked up at Liam and he looked back at her, she saw a man who loved her more than she could ever imagine.

The wedding ceremony took place sitting down. Liam was wearing a suit for the first time since his father's funeral. Jenny was sitting at his side, wearing a very simple white dress with a garland of flowers in her hair, radiantly beautiful.

Jenny had her sister as a witness, and Liam chose his grandfather. Liam didn't invite any of his colleagues from Tacoma. On the other hand, all the pupils of the school and all the teachers were there.

When Liam saw Jenny at his side, shaking a little from the nerves, he knew for certain he was doing the right thing. She leaned against him as she repeated the vows, clutching onto his arm.

The wedding service itself was very brief but poignant.

Liam lifted Jenny's hand to his mouth and kissed her wedding band and engagement ring. "I'll love you no matter what," he whispered.

As newlyweds do, they signed the deal with a kiss. Liam lifted the veil and bent to kiss Jenny with such tenderness that she had to fight tears.

He captured her face between his hands, feeling the warm flush with his fingertips. He pressed his lips against hers and felt them trembling.

Liam broke the kiss reluctantly and searched Jenny's face. There was nothing but love in her eyes.

Jenny's heart floated above her, riding the wave of whistles, cheers, and applause.

"We're married now, my love. Can you believe it?" she said.

"I do. Can we get a pizza now? I'm starving," Liam whispered. Jenny rolled her eyes and laughed.

There was an atmosphere of joy surrounding them. They were so happy that the smile, no, the grin, was fixed upon their faces. Jenny was the happiest woman on earth.

She never received so many hugs and kisses from so many people.

It was a small reception, as they wished, full of love and joy. Well, as small as a Middletown event can be. It was held at the school gym. Jenny's students decorated it. Somehow, they managed to convert a plain gym into a romantic wonderland.

Jenny gave a short talk about not giving up on your dreams.

"When I look back at my life thus far, there were so many occasions that I could have given up, yet I kept going. Sometimes when life kicks us hard we must take charge and move forward. Everything that I went through was to lead me to this moment, to Liam. For that, I'm grateful. You are everything to me, Liam. I'm so glad you never gave up on me. You saved me."

Liam felt tears in his eyes. With a wide smile, he leaned down and kissed his wife.

Liam's words were brief. "I want to thank ground control for a successful mission."

Everyone laughed. Liam could hear Nana scolding him, "Liam, be serious!"

"But mostly I want to thank this lovely lady because when she's by my side, I don't have to leave Earth to feel out of this world." He looked at Jenny and added, "Before I met you, I dreamt of you. When you showed up, I realized dreams come true. You took the impossible. Made it simple. Made it happen. Made me happy."

Georgina took the stage, microphone in hand. "Let's hear it for Jenny and Liam!" she said.

The crowd whooped and hollered again.

The dancing began as soon as the dinner plates had been carried away. Of course, the bridal couple led off the dancing. They repeated their dance routine and got even more cheers than the first time.

"And now, we have a surprise for you," Georgina announced, "Liam's high school band reunited to play a song tonight.

Liam took the microphone and said, "This is for you, my love, 'You make my dreams' by Hall & Oates."

The band sounded great. They had a good audience reaction and had the dance floor filled.

Jenny was their biggest fan, swaying to the music and clapping. She thought Liam looked pretty hot playing guitar and singing.

"You know, you are pretty awesome. You got yourself some groupies, tonight," she told Liam when he came down from the stage.

"I'm only interested in one girl."

Jenny's face radiated the happiness she felt once she looked into Liam's eyes. He was her dream come true. He was the man who brought all the love, happiness, and joy into her life. She was Mrs. Liam Craig now.

"What are you thinking about love?" He whispered the words into my neck and wrapped his arms around her.

"I was thinking about the future."

"Don't worry, once the reception is over we can plan forever."

"Forever? I like the sound of that"

Liam couldn't help but smile at Jenny. His face hurt. He didn't know that it was possible to smile that much in such a short amount of time. "I just fell completely in love with you,"

Jenny smiled and mouthed her next words slowly. "I fell first since you kicked my ass playing Scrabble. I prayed to God for a miracle and you came along."

"Am I your miracle then?" Liam asked raising an eyebrow.

Jenny nodded, "You are my miracle, and I will spend my life dedicated to loving you more and more. Thank you for reminding me every day that I am special in your eyes."

She had never felt so much at once. She lifted her head and look back up into his eyes.

"You are special, my beautiful wife, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise."

Liam held Jenny close. He kissed her softly on the nose and mouth and chin and then started to lick her earlobe, in a way that she knew meant he wanted to have sex.

She smiled. Liam made her loved and desired. He made her feel like a whole new woman. She rubbed his bulge tenderly, encouraging the idea.

Liam had supported her, and had forced her sometimes to do what she needed to. He had never failed her, no matter how he had been tested or strained.

And as long as she was bound to Liam, Jenny was strong and free and whole.

THE END

1...5678910