Wheels of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love your tits. And I love it when you talk dirty to me."

"OMG. You have turned me into a sex-starved woman. Why did I ever let you into my bed?"

"It think it was the Batman underwear," Liam replied.

"How could I forget that?"

"I just ate the best pizza of my entire life."

"Why do you tease me with such things?"

"Maybe our fourth date I could bring you to Tacoma to taste Nana's homemade pizza."

"So you think you'll be lucky enough to score a fourth date with me? We didn't have a third yet."

"After you have a taste of my skills in bed, there's no way you'll pass up two more dates with me."

"I've just realized why it's so hard for me to catch my breath around you," Jenny typed back.

"My ego is sucking all the air out of the room, isn't it?"

"Bingo, buster."

A new text from Jenny came in before he could type something clever back.

"By the way, did you invite me to meet your family on our fourth date?"

"Yes, and no. I invited you to eat my grandmother's pizza. She'll happen to be there."

"Are you two close? You and your grandmother?"

"Yes, very close. I'm close to my grandfather, too."

"What about your parents?"

Nana's words echoed in Liam's mind, "You hide behind your smile."

"No more hiding," he thought.

"My father died in a car accident when I was seventeen," he typed. His heart thumped in his own chest.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Liam!" Jenny sent Liam an animated GIF with a hug.

"My mother struggled with depression after that," Liam typed, with shaking fingers. He pressed send before he could change his mind. "Now you know all the skeletons in my closet. Batman underwear included. Will you turn me away?"

"Not a chance. You're stuck with me. Is your mother doing okay now?"

"Yes, she is taking her meds, and doing much better. She lives here with my grandparents and me. Thank you for caring, Jenny."

"Of course, I care for you, you silly! Whatever you need, I am here for you."

"I wouldn't expect less from my girlfriend."

Girlfriend! Jenny read the text several times with a huge smile on her face and a warm feeling in her heart.

"I'll always be here for you, my darling boyfriend." Jenny knew the line was corny, cheesy even, but she couldn't help it.

"So are we boyfriend and girlfriend now?" Liam typed.

"Of course, we are. There is no taking it back."

"I like that."

CHAPTER 18

"Tomorrow night, I'll woo you like you've never been wooed before."

It was a message from Liam, of course.

"What could possibly woo me more than your Batman underwear?"

"Me."

Jenny laughed. Liam was cocky, but very funny with it.

"Do I need to dress fancy or anything for our third date?"

"It's casual attire. Jeans are acceptable. Or nudity."

"Are you trying to get me naked again?"

"Maybe. Would that be so wrong?"

"Not at all. I'm hardly some swooning innocent."

****

Liam had been very mysterious about their third date. Jenny had caught Kara talking with him on the phone, and when she asked her sister about it, all she said was, "It's a secret."

Saturday evening, Liam helped Jenny to get into his grandfather's car, and asked her permission to blindfold her.

"I hope you don't have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' in mind," she warned him.

"Please, trust me. You're going to love this," he pleaded. His voice was sincere.

The thing was Jenny trusted Liam. It had been hard to. She kept expecting him to leave. To get bored. To vanish. To decide she wasn't good enough.

He parked the car, helped her back into her wheelchair and pushed her up a ramp.

Then, he removed, the blindfold.

"Ta-da! Weather is just right for a movie in the park," Liam said, pointing at a portable table covered with a sheet in one corner. "There was no open night, so... I decided to take matters into our own hands."

"A movie in the park!" Jenny exclaimed. Liam could hear the smile in Jenny's voice. They were in the gazebo.

"Do-It-Yourself Movies in the Park night, abracadabra!" Liam pulled off the sheet to reveal a video projector connected to a laptop.

"Oh wow! You've outdone yourself!" Jenny exclaimed, in pleased wonder.

"The set comes with a portable screen included," he said, setting it.

"Where did you get all this?" Jenny's were opened big and wide.

"Remember Mr. Fullerton?"

Jenny nodded, "He's your principal."

"The very same. Well, he lent me the school equipment in exchange for anchoring for the function."

"Awww, Liam, you shouldn't have."

"It was a small price to pay for your smile."

"You're the best boyfriend ever!" she said, stretching her arms out for a hug.

"I want that in a cup," Liam said, leaning down to hug Jenny and gave her a loving kiss on the lips. Then, he lifted her out of her wheelchair and into his arms and put her down on a blanket that laid on the floor.

"I've been craving watching a movie in the park since I was a teenager," Jenny said, still in awe.

"I know," he said. "I've been talking with Kara about you."

"How did you get in touch with my sister?" Jenny asked, with a frown.

"I found her on Twitter. I needed her to be my accomplice. Kara talked with the town hall to get permission for this, and the Sheriff kindly asked people to leave us alone. I guess most of the town knows about our date," Liam explained.

"Did Kara reveal any potentially scandalous or salacious information?" Jenny asked, biting her bottom lip.

Liam gave Jenny a wicked smile, rubbed his hands, and said, "Muahaha."

Jenny shivered in the chill air.

Liam's eyes roamed over her, and he took note of the goosebumps on her arms. "I'll be right back."

He sprinted off toward the car, while Jenny watched as the sun kissed the horizon good night.

"I almost forgot about these." Jenny turned to find Liam holding a blanket and cooler in one hand and a couple of pillows in the other.

"Pillows?"

"In case the ground is uncomfortable for you."

Jenny didn't hesitate for a second before reaching for the layer of warmth Liam was providing. They snuggled together under the blanket enjoying the sunset.

"Better?"

"Much. Thank you. I should have grabbed a jacket--I was kicking myself in the ass for not doing so the moment I rolled outside. Good thing you thought of everything."

"You can say it-- I'm the best boyfriend ever," Liam winked at her.

Jenny leaned to kiss Liam on the lips. "I'm so proud to say that I have the best boyfriend ever. You make me feel safe and loved. I am so lucky to have you in my life," she said, when she pulled apart.

Liam held up a finger. "But wait, there's more!"

"More?"

Liam held his hands over the top of the cooler, wiggling his fingers.

"Let there be food!"

He opened the lid and pulled salted caramel popcorn bars with marshmallows and chocolate, puff pastry cheese straws, and two cans of soda.

"This date is definitely perfect," Jenny exclaimed.

"Yay! I made it to the top! Well now that we're cozy, let the movie begin!" Liam said.

Liam pressed a button in a small remote control in his hand, and immediately the screen was filled with the opening titles.

"What are you going to watch?"

"One of the best romantic movies ever, 'Love Actually.'"

"I never watched it," Jenny said.

"I know, I checked it with Kara," Liam took a sip of his soda.

"Why did you pick it up?"

"It has great romance, great characters, and great humor. And it's one of the best romantic comedies I have ever seen, despite its flaws."

Jenny cuddled while they watched the movie together, they engaged in active conversation with laughter and evident excitement. Many stories emerged triggered by the movie. No one came to bother them.

By the end of the movie, they were still cuddling and holding hands.

"God, I loved this movie so much," Jenny said, as the closing credits played on the screen. "It's funny, but it also makes you think."

"Which was your favorite storyline?"

"It's impossible to pick just one."

"Come on, pick just one."

"The Prime Minister and his assistant, I think. I'm a big one for huge romantic gestures and carol-singing your way through London on the off chance that you'll find the house of the girl you love is heartwarming. I'd like to think differences don't matter if love was meant to be."

They kept talking about the movie long after it had ended. They didn't want the date to end. They talked each other's ears off and stared up at the moon, with their hands folded behind their heads.

"Would you like to come up to my place?" Jenny asked Liam, all of the sudden.

"I thought you'd never ask," Liam replied, smiling broadly. He rushed to take everything back to the car.

A text message pinged in Jenny's phone.

"Oh, shit!" was her immediate reaction after she read it.

"What's wrong?" asked Liam. "Is Kara coming over with her bat?"

"No. I just found out I have to chaperone a school dance. Chaperones at our school are always couples, which means I'll probably end up doing it with Irv, the creep."

"Oh, that sounds like fun," Liam joked.

"Not really. He is a real creep. Why don't you come with me?"

Liam wrinkled his forehead and said nothing.

"You said it might be fun. Please, I want to show off my boyfriend in front of everyone!"

Liam sighed in defeat. "Okay, I'll do it on one condition--that you'll dance with me."

"Dance? Liam, are you out of your mind?"

"The jury is still out about that, but what I do know is that I want to dance with you."

Jenny shook her head. "Why?"

"Why not?"

"I can think of a huge reason," she exclaimed, pointing her hands to her legs. "I can't move my legs."

"Excuses."

"Chaperones are not allowed to dance. They have to monitor the students' behavior."

"Excuses."

"People are going to laugh at us."

"Excuses. They are going to love us."

"I have no idea how to dance in a wheelchair."

"Ah, you finally said something that makes sense. Leave that in my hands."

Once more, Jenny discovered that she trusted Liam.

He clapped his hands and said, "Now, if you ran out of excuses I want to make love to my girlfriend."

CHAPTER 19

Another week. Another adventure date with Liam. Life was never boring when he was around.

"Where are you taking me?" Jenny asked Liam, as he pushed her wheelchair down Main Street.

"Middletown Community Center. I talked with Ms. Burbank, the Dance instructor, about our situation. She is expecting us," Liam explained to Jenny.

"You did what?" Jenny exclaimed.

"If we are going to dance together at the School Dance, we need some coaching. I found Ms. Burbank's email on the Middletown webpage. She was kind enough to offer herself to help us after her regular class."

"But... but..."

"Excuses."

Liam pushed Jenny's wheelchair up the ramp into the building ignoring his girlfriend's protests.

A middle-aged woman welcomed them. She looked like a ballerina with a little skirt that refused to sit tight to her hips but stuck up, making her look even bigger. She told Liam she was 42, but she looked like she was in her 20s. Her blonde hair was gathered up in a bun.

"Welcome. You must be Liam and Jenny," Ms. Burbank had a commanding voice.

"That's us. Nice to meet you," Liam said, shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you," Jenny greeted the instructor, waving her hand.

"Hello Jenny. I'm Gretel Burbank. I'm the dance instructor, I teach dance here every Tuesday and Thursday," she told them. "Everyone can dance; no matter your level, age, body type..."

"What about being in a wheelchair?" Jenny interrupted her.

"Just because you can't walk it doesn't mean you can't dance," Ms. Burbank said, in a matter-of-factly tone.

Liam gave Jenny a look that meant 'I-told-you-so.'

"How do you dance in a wheelchair?" Jenny asked.

"For that matter, how do you play basketball from a chair?" the instructor asked back. "Persistence, the heart of a warrior, and a sturdy will to achieve the nearly impossible. I don't think anything can stop you if you have the passion and you're willing."

"But, I can't move my legs," Jenny protested.

"Of course, there are limits that must be recognized, some there are hard limits and some can be revised. The trick is to know the difference."

Ms. Burbank looked down at Jenny and asked. "Are you willing to try it?"

Her eyes seemed to be looking through her.

Jenny looked up at Liam, and he nodded. She let out a long sigh, and said, "Okay. I'll try it."

Ms. Burbank clapped her hands, and said, "Great. Let's start."

She clicked on a remote and a piece of happy, rhythmic music started playing.

"Let's try something simple. Liam, dance around Jenny in circles around while you spun her around," Ms. Burbank instructed. "Jenny, sway your arms to the beat."

They did what they were asked, not great, but passable. Ms. Burbank made them repeat the exercise several times, saying things like, "Liam. You need to flow with the music, not just walk around her. And you, Jenny, keep the beat, and try to look happy."

"Right now, I'm getting dizzy," Jenny said.

The instructor made them repeat the exercise for about fifteen minutes.

When she was finally satisfied, she said, "Let's try a close hold. Liam, can you lift Jenny up out of the chair and carry her in your arms?"

"I certainly can."

Liam swung Jenny into his arms, and she entwined her arms around his neck, holding onto him as he danced a clumsy dance trying not to lose his balance.

"Don't forget to keep eye contact. Eye contact keeps the partners engaged and connected not only physically but emotionally. Dancing is pure unspoken communication."

It wasn't easy. After a while, Liam's arms were burning with the effort of carrying Jenny.

"You can put Jenny back in her wheelchair before you drop her, Liam," Ms. Burbank instructed.

He did so and rubbed his biceps.

"Maybe you will understand better what you need to do if you put yourself in Jenny's place," Ms. Burbank suggested. "Please, Liam, sit in Jenny's wheelchair and I'll show you some moves."

Liam helped Jenny to sit on a couch, while he sat in the wheelchair.

Ms. Burbank showed Jenny and Liam some easy moves and Liam had a taste of how difficult it was for Jenny to maneuver her chair around.

It felt uncomfortable and frustrating. Like trying to do things with your non-dominant hand. He awkwardly attempted to sway with the music, while he moved the wheelchair back and forth.

Ms. Burbank was right. After a while, Liam understood better what he could ask Jenny to do and what not. By the end of the exercise, Liam had a new understanding of their roles.

They tried different steps. Ms. Burbank marked the beat with her hands and finger-clicks. From time to time, she made them stop and repeat a move until they got it right. Finally, an easy but effective dance routine was set.

"I see you next Thursday. Don't be late," she finally said.

"I need a shower, and a good massage," Liam complained, rubbing his biceps. "My legs are burning and aching. I never thought that dancing was so mentally and physically demanding."

"My arms are sore, too," Jenny was rubbing them up and down. "And my shoulders are killing me

"I'm sorry, I thought dancing together would be something romantic. I turned our date into one long agonizing gym class," Liam was pushing Jenny's chair down the ramp and walking with a slight limp. "I need a massage."

"A massage sounds good to me too. I'll give you a massage, if you give one to me," Jenny twisted her head to look at Liam, and winked at him.

He winked back at her, "I like the sound of that."

***

Day after day, they practiced every step and swirled around in a comedy of clumsiness and error.

"Don't be afraid to make a mistake. You learn by making mistakes. You both need to let yourselves go. Don't think. Just dance."

Thanks to Ms. Burbank's patience and expertise, they pulled off a flawless dance sequence that was both straightforward for them to learn and beautiful for everyone to watch.

CHAPTER 20

The day of the school dance had finally arrived. They were celebrating the end of winter and the coming of spring. Any reason was a good reason for an event in Middletown.

When Jenny wheeled into the gym, she was impressed by how hard the dance committee must have worked all week. They had gone all the way with the whole End of Winter concept. Hundreds of tiny paper snowflakes--some white, some shimmering with tinfoil, glitter, sequins, and anything else that could be made to sparkle--hung on fishing wire from the ceiling of the gym. Powdery soap flakes of fake snow drifted into the corners of the gym, and twinkling white lights fell in strands from the risers.

Liam looked around in awe, wearing a wide smile. He was impressed by what he saw. It was the first town event he attended.

Andrew had offered to drive Liam to Middletown since he also gave classes at Middletown High.

"You're a substitute teacher, you don't need to attend," Liam had told him.

"It's better than staying home alone," Andrew had said.

Most of the drive was uneventful, but Andrew kept silent. He looked as if he had something in his mind. Liam decided not to push him about what it might be. They weren't that close.

"I'm going to talk with the DJ," Liam told Andrew.

"Okay," Andrew said. He looked nervous, uncomfortable even.

Liam approached the DJ, gave the guy a USB drive, and explained to him what he wanted him to do. The DJ nodded, and assured Liam it wouldn't be a problem.

Jenny scanned the gymnasium, past the dance floor, and spotted Liam. A man was standing at his side.

"Hi, Jenny, you look lovely," Liam said, approaching her. "Sorry I'm late," He pointed at the man at his side, and said, "It's his fault. He was late to pick me up. Jenny, meet Andrew Collins, a colleague of mine in Tacoma."

"Good to meet you, Jenny," Andrew said, leaning down and extending his hand.

Jenny disliked Andrew immediately. He was outright staring at her, not bothering to hide his pity. There was something else in his expression that she couldn't identify.

"Nice to meet you, too," she lied. Then, there was a quiver of recognition on her face. "You teach here, Andrew, right?"

"That's right. Being a substitute teacher I'm not guaranteed a job every day from one district, so I registered in several districts. That's why I also work in Tacoma."

"I understand," Jenny said. Andrew was still staring at her. She was beginning to get upset with him.

"When Liam commented he was attending an event in Middletown, I offered to drive with me. I didn't know he knew someone from here. May I ask how you two know each other?" Andrew asked.

"Jenny is my girlfriend," Liam explained, winking at her. Jenny blushed. "We met online, chatted for a while, and then we decided to meet in person."

"I see," Andrew said. It was not the kind of reaction Liam expected from his colleague.

There was an awkward silence after that.

Andrew finally broke it to say, "If you excuse me, I'm going to mingle." And he quickly moved away from the couple.

"What was that?" Liam exclaimed.

"To put it mildly, your friend was displeased by this news," Jenny said. "Or maybe by me."