All Comments on 'When ED Holds Couples Hostage'

by wdelander

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you for sharing this

I have ED and it nearly destroyed my marriage. My situation didn't play out like this story, but it did have a happy ending.

My doctor prescribed some medications for depression (which actually made my ED worse), but he also referred me to a counselor. My wife and I worked with the counselor for several months, and it ended up bringing us closer together. I just wish I'd gotten help sooner, because it would have saved a lot of pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well Done

This is a great start for your story. Now it just has to continue and give people the confidence that this couple can overcome ED

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ultimatums won't work

I have ED, and I struggle with it. It's like I've lost a leg in that I can't do many things I once did. I am resigned to never having PIV sex again, but I don't like it. I want what I had.

My partner doesn't understand this. She says she's OK with not having PIV sex anymore, because she knows I will take care of her some other way if that's what she wants. But she indicates that just cuddling is fine with her. She isn't about to do anything else, especially oral, just so I can think I'm having real sex again.

So the only thing which could make it worse is to have to sit through a demand to perform, to have the only alternatives a man has left thrown in his face as if any previous experiences don't matter, and maybe never did. It's all on him to make her feel like she once did. Not a hint that she is going to help him do the same?

To feel badly to begin with isn't improved by demanding everything else sexual or else she's leaving! I can see where letting her go is about the only thing left to do. Better to deal with one's loss alone than to have someone make things worse with threats.

masculinbrainmasculinbrainover 5 years ago
Good approach

You are on the right track here. When the body has a problem, the best solutions cone from the soul. The flipside of ED is the female inability to orgasm. That too can be addressed in a playful, cooperative manner.

The story needs continuation, since we don't know yet how well the couple is doing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I liked thr story. I am 72 years old. I have ED

You cant believe how heartbteaking it is. We're just roomates now, that get on each others nerves. Very little love in in our home. Its like I'm just waiting to die, to escape this miserable existence. I was hoping to see some kind of help or simpathy. I'm on a fixed income, and can't afford counseling. It seems I'm mad all the time. I hate this life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I apologize for the entry i made. My only excuse is that i was particularly down and feeling sorry for myself.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwdelander@wdelander
In the US alone, over 30 million men - and their partners - are affected by Erectile Dysfunction. We don't often talk about how ED affects the mental and emotional health of men, their partners, and their relationships. To understand the impact, the ED Treatment Informatio...