All Comments on 'When Fantasy Meets Reality'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Thank God it was not another February Sucks follow up!

5

jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

A new favorite! Enough of that other crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great short story R69! One of the best complete 750 word shorts i have read in awhile. It didn’t leave asking questions or for more info. Well done! 5*

Robby_DRobby_Dover 1 year ago

Certainly a fine story, but I have this odd feeling that I may have heard something like this before. But that woman's dress was blue.....

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

This is how you write this type of story, Georgie boy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

wHAT A GREAT STORY! NICE SHORT CHANGE OF PACE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Okay, so a happy ending to a February Sucks style story. Not too much excitement when a husband and wife behave honorably, but an interesting tale nonetheless.

MwestohioMwestohioover 1 year ago

Nice flip side of that oft riffed on story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Marcus". Yeah right. :)

But thank you for not naming the women "Linda", "Dee" or "Ellen"!

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

February didn't suck in this one... :)

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Who else thinks this is the way GA’s (February Sucks) nonsense should have ended, at least we wouldn’t have had to endure the interminable alternatives.

Nice one and an actual loving wife, who’d a thunk it.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 1 year ago

5* Short, effective story about a truly faithful and loving couple. No GA February crap. Woo Hoo!

OPrimeOPrimeover 1 year ago

Wow, good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fuck off, Marc LaValliere!

mitchawamitchawaover 1 year ago

Well done. Great plot and characters with tension and possible conflict. a strange ending for a "Loving Wifes" category, but it's nice to see a happy ending.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Nice story.

Curious to know if Amy would have taken Marcus's hand if Nadia hadn't wrapped herself around John?

shopratshopratover 1 year ago

Really nice quite a good story packed into very few words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hey, you resisted the BTB shit-wallow! 5 for that alone.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

I was hoping it didn't turn out to be another "February Sucks" story and thanks that it didn't. 5 BIG ONES!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

I was hoping it didn't turn out to be another "February Sucks" story and thanks that it didn't. 5 BIG ONES!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And there we have it sports fans. The twist on the George Anderson classic that has been lingering in the background that nobody has dared to write.

Thanks Regguy69. Got a laugh when you didn't go down the road so often taken. Half way through I was wondering why there was no salutation to the overdone sequels. Nice effort and thanks again.

Doc

bruce1971bruce1971over 1 year ago

Wow, that was outstanding! Like Boyd Percy, I was worried that we were heading into LaValliere territory, but you ended up turning this into something completely different--a true loving wife story. NICE!

Prince020402Prince020402over 1 year ago

This is the way February Sucks would have gone given the background of Jim and Linda.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

Fantastic story. Loved it. Every man wants a wife that feels about him the way Amy feels about John. Every now and then I get to read a story that just feels like in is supposed to. 5-stars. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

February sucks done right. 5 stars.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 1 year ago

And that's the way it should be 5*

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Well put together and a satisfactory ending. I heartily agree with the comment that it was great that it didn't end like that "February" horror with all its sequels. 4* for uncommon good sense.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

I agree with BP. Thanks. 5/5

MormonJackMormonJackover 1 year ago

Phew.... like many others I thought that this was going the way of February Sucks. Great story - thank you!

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
sweet

that is true love

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredover 1 year ago

This is precisely why February Sucks didn't deserve to even be read, much less garner hundreds of equally broken 'sequels'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done! Thank you.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

An instant classic. 5/5

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 1 year ago

This story is why stories that many of us, myself included, want the "right" thing to happen, are right in NOT doing the "right thing." The right thing is dreadfully dull.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bout damn time.

Moonbat74Moonbat74over 1 year ago

Finally a sensible one of these

looking4itlooking4itover 1 year ago

Ah, but what if he was a football hero?

Passing_Quietly_ThroughPassing_Quietly_Throughover 1 year ago

The way a true wife acts, not a February Sluts wife.... although I would rethink their friendship with their table mates, especially Gail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 star story. That's how February Sucks should have ended. I'm sure the cucks won't like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story R69! No degenerate CUCKS, No wimp husbands AND "NO CHEATING WHORE WIVES" professing to love their husbands while they sneak off to screw some wife stealing AssHole (i.e Linda the SLUT / February Sucks)!

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

For a moment I feared I would see yet another variation on February Sucks (ok some of them are great but enough already) but this was awesome and one of the more true to life things I have read in here. Well written, tight with a sense of humour thax for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Aaah, finally. An antidote to 'February'.

Gives me warm fuzzies all over.

The red dress doesn't need shredding like the blue one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Won't need endless follow-ups like the other because it's complete and there's no resolution left open

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Marcus’ Cuckeeze just didn’t work on Amy. Great story about a real loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Well Done. Quaint, And Corny, . . .

just like most successful marriages. Thanks for the effort.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

At first I was groaning thinking ANOTHER 'February Sucks' ? but I was pleasantly surprised; a faithful loving couple in the LW genre - how novel.

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

that is how a wife should react

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Make sure Linda reads this story, ey.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

Yes, an excellent example of how it works in a functioning partnership that is provided with love, respect and loyalty!

KitDeLuca164KitDeLuca164over 1 year ago

What spouses say and profess to each other is, of course, not all that they think. It was clear Amy loved John and was relieved the night didn’t progress further into dangerous territory. However, relief can coexist with regret. I feel certain in a quiet moment alone with her thoughts, Amy frequently relives her intimate dance, is secretly pleased Marcus found her attractive, and wonders over and over what it would have been like to fuck Marcus. An interesting question worth asking is, as she explores these thoughts, does she have even a teeny, tiny trace of regret?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thought it was going to be a play on February sucks but much better outcome

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Thank you, RG! This is the way a true life, loving couple, deal with temptation!

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year agoAuthor

To KitDeLuca,

Your observations were spot on. I would assume both of them would relive those moments when they could have gone in a different direction, it would be a natural thing to do. Fantasizing about what might have happened is harmless as long as it doesn't become an obsession. I'd like to believe my guys would have no problem being honest with each other about their feelings.

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

Regguy69

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1over 1 year ago

Kinda, sorta an antithesis to George Anderson's mythic "February Sucks !"... and well done!

"5" from here...

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 1 year ago

Wow! This is a great story. I read in some of the other comments that Linda should read this story as well. That was my thought exactly as I was reading the story this is how a good wife should react when it's celebrity ask them to dance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! A normal, loyal, loving couple. Thanks for the surprising, but welcome break.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

V good, but again, just 2-bits' worth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great Romantic Short Story

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

And that's how NORMAL couples doesn't end up in idiotic situations like what happened in "February Sucks."

Thank you for the levity, author; evidently, this place needs some of it sometimes.

slaverowanslaverowanover 1 year ago

And that is how a normal couple do it, and, how those February stories should have ended. But without them, we wouldn’t have so much content to enjoy. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Almost another mark linda and Jim story I hate that story

bobareenobobareenoabout 1 year ago

Saw your kind comment on my tale and I thought I would take a look at some of yours. I liked this very much! Sometimes, they actually love each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story with a surprising ending. Glad for it. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You better watch out for Gail. She's going to be that "friend" who thinks "it's only one night out of all your years together."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Surprising end to the story, which I liked. I was expecting the actor to spend the night with Amy, damned what John thinks. Glad I'm wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow. Actual fidelity. Amazing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

An antidote to February.

Thank you

Hooked1957Hooked195711 months ago

You get an extra star from me because of the fidelity. Novel concept here in LW.

Hooked

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA11 months ago

I liked the tenor of the story and no hook up. I would also bet if she was in the place on a girls night out she would have fucked Washington's brains out.

AllNigherAllNigher9 months ago

More like what I would expect in real life from February sucks. Maybe even further then I'd expect but that's closer to how I would see things playing out typically.

Nice

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very nice tale, with a commendable outcome. I awarded four stars, but on second thought elevated it to five.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why would he leave his party to join them.

I would have problems

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove9 months ago

See, that is how it is supposed to be. And in only 1812 words. Lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A story of a real wife for a change. With the outcome of the majority of stories on this site say 98% , you would believe most wives in the world have their own selfish agender and would gladly leave the husband behind knowing the courts have a bias for the wife in a breakup.

StubbyoneStubbyone8 months ago

Very refreshing. Loved it. A dance is one thing. A night cap in a hotel room is quite another thing. They both did the right thing. Bravo. 5-😊😊😊😊😊’s

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I sincerely hope this (or close to this) is how it would happen in real life.

The outcome is so much better than 'February Sucks'. This woman is a real wife, an equal partner with respect for her man--while he shows her the same respect.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

As it should be ;)

willyk1212willyk12126 months ago

yes indeed good stuff

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved that while the husband let her dance with her screen idol, she didn't take advantage & stayed true to her husband & marriage. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wonderful, 10 stars! It was a really pleasant surprise, I thought we may have a Feb Sucks style ending!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Clever. The author understands what makes for true love.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Refreshing

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19814 months ago

Wow what a rare occasion to find a story about a actual loving wife in the loving wife category

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

straddling a line in this one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story. To be fair Marcus was not a prick like Marc L in FS. He offered something with an exchange, i.e. a swap. When the husband saw his wife about to explode with Nadia all over him, he politely refused and Marcus moved on. Being an actor he probably is self entitled. But he controlled it. The husband and wife passed their test. 5 stars. If only because the predator, at least appeared to not be a predator.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

Good one, boss. I like, no, love a happy ending. People are human, but humans can make good and bad decisions. They made good ones. Kudos to them. The Bear loved it. 7 stars, because it is worth it. I agree with all other comments. Keep writing, pal.

The BEAR

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore1981about 2 months ago

Wow a loving wife story about a actual loving wife I'm shocked

LadyLoreLadyLoreabout 2 months ago

Interesting, I'm little surprised though cause this story is a rarity for this category its a story about a loving wife in the loving wife category that's rare this category needs a lot more stories about a loving wife instead of a cheating slut or cheating asshole and yes even if it's just a 1 time thing if the wife cheats she's still a cheating slut and if he cheats he's still a cheating asshole as myself and my husband says cheating isn't a mistake

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Happy endings are OK, if there was no physical cheating or if the sacrifice was sufficiently grand

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 1 month ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for an unusual story in this category. Thank you for the change of pace.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove19 days ago

This story is a rarity and the fact that it is rare is a good thing. This being a fictional, erotic story site lends itself to fictional tales of the strange, erotic, and wicked nature of our imaginations. Like Hollywood, we enjoy the experience of the fantastical and the extravagance of characters in a show. There bis nobody wanking to a couple on a date, a family vacation, or the goings on of a normal workplace. And we can all agree that is a good thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...