All Comments on 'When France Meets Ireland'

by AussieBBW

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
too short!

This romance story is well-written, but it suffers from a proper introduction both to the characters and the overall setting of the story. It is also much too brief and as such certainly warrants a sequel. The love scene as such is well done and appropriately very romantic, but even it could have been longer.

AussieBBWAussieBBWover 2 years agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous.

I'll be honest with you, this wasn't intended to be too long. (I mean let's be real, most people are here for the smut.)

I actually belted this out in a few hours after about a 7 year long writer's block. So, it was mainly written because I had the motivation to write, and to prove to myself that I still could.

I also intentionally tried to leave the characters a little vague so that people could let their imaginations run wild.

That said, the positive feedback this has so far received (ie: views, private feedback, votes) is making me seriously consider investing in these characters and creating an actual story.

Thank you for your feedback, apologies that it was too short for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

-First, "ma chère" for a woman or "mon cher" for a man.

-Second, "bel" is used exclusively when beautiful is accordé to masculine words starting with vowels, like with "mon bel amour", otherwise it's "belle" (feminine) or "beau" (masculine), the reason ? Just like "a" and "an" in english, sounds better.

-Third, we don't say "ma belle chère", it is a syntax error (and it sounds like "my beautiful flesh"), so "ma belle et chère" at most.

-Fourth, tips when using google translate, just use something after adjectives if you want to be sure (or care), that's why "mon bel amour" is correct, it is accordé thanks to love. If you don't have a precise word in mind just use man or woman or any word that you know are masculine or feminine in french depending on the character, it should help.

P.S. : Sorry for using "accordé" but I couldn't find a correct translation when talking about grammatical agreements. Also sorry, I couldn't help myself, I couldn't read the story normally after the first mistake.

P.P.S. : I also have doubts about the way the guy speaks, which bilingual french would use that many french words especially in this kind of situation ? It sounds like a caricature at this point but if it's part of your character why not. I also agree with the first anon on the fact it lacks a bit of story but for me it's because of what he says, "you're mine", "my heart belongs to you", "my beautiful love", etc. He seems way too romantic/committed for the situation, is he trying to propose ? Okay, that's exaggerated but damn.

P.P.P.S. : Too much dears and beautifuls, 13 beautifuls (beautiful sleep?) ? Seems a bit much for a 5k words story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAussieBBW@AussieBBW
I'm a 30 year old, book-loving, tea-drinking, BBW. Madly in-love with a tall, dark and handsome nerd. I have a wildly overactive imagination. I'll submit both fiction and non fiction on this site. I hope you enjoy my submissions and feel more than free to contact me if you h...