When Galaxies Collide Ch. 1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wouldn't change anything either, Andy. I'm glad we are as we now are." She said, and held him tighter.

*****

They made love for the first time as husband and wife. Andy was trying too hard to please her. He had already climaxed twice in her and she, well she had lost count of how many times she had reached orgasm, but one thing was for sure, she was beginning to get very sore.

'This marathon love making session has got to come to an end,' she decided.

Besides she had to pee!

"Please Andy, hurry!" She urged him.

Andy's rhythm increased, and his body stiffened, as he climaxed inside of her. Julie felt the warmth of his semen spread deep inside of her again, as he relaxed on top of her.

She held him for a few moments, and talked softly to him, finally, she rushed into the bathroom to relieve herself.

When she returned to the bed, Andy lay on his back, look-ing at her. She lay down next to him; he wrapped his arm around her as she lay her head on his chest. They drifted off into a deep slumber.

*****

The Federation forces had dug in. This time, there were no orders of apprehending the bad guys. Deadly force was authorized, and Star Fleet Command had been notified to send by way of troop transport the 12th Division from the neighboring Kimble system. They would arrive in a month.

The rebels announced their intent to attack by way of a massive artillery bombardment. For six hours, artillery shell after artillery shell found their way into the de-fense positions of the Federation troops.

While the Federation forces had set up shelters for their personnel for just this event, the rebel artillery did cause considerable damage, and to an extent demoralize the troops.

During this time, Federation artillery countered. Several of the rebel guns were taken out of action, but it was never enough to lessen the impact of the incoming barrage.

When the artillery attack ceased, the rebels began their advance on the city.

Armored fighting vehicles announced the first wave, with infantry units close behind the metal monsters.

As the armor approached, Federation bombers supported by fighters swooped down on the advancing army.

Tank after tank was stilled. Explosions boomed out, as the concussion bombs consumed whole units. Men were turned into boneless jelly as the horrific weapons were unleashed from above. Anti-aircraft missiles were fired, and the fighters dropped flares and fired off chaff canis-ters to confuse the missiles, while the bombers beat a hasty retreat. But the damage had been done. The first re-bel attack was halted after advancing only one mile.

The Federation had easily won the second round of the conflict. Over two thousand rebels lay dead in less than one hour. The rebel artillery barrage had cost the Federa-tion some three hundred of its finest soldiers and airmen.

The cost had been all too high for both sides.

*****

Andy was awakened early in the morning by the shrill squeal of the comm-link. He threw on his robe and went into the living room to answer it.

The image on the screen was that of Colonel Watts.

"Captain Seah. I am very sorry to have to do this to you and your new bride, but we have been mobilized and we will move out at 1600 hours. I must ask you top return to Bat-talion as soon as you are able to. Do you understand Cap-tain?"

"Yes sir. I understand. I am to return to Fort Zhukarov as soon as possible. I'll report to Battalion some time around noon, sir." Andy replied.

"Thank you Andy. I'll make it up to you as soon as I can. You have my word." The Colonel reached towards the screen, and it went blank.

Andy went into the bedroom to inform Julie of the events.

*****

Julie was not very happy as Andy parked the car in front of his barracks building. She had decided to remain at the barracks, because he had asked her to. Julie was wringing her hands, tears trailing down her eyes, as she kissed him good bye.

"Take care of yourself, Andy." She said, and burst out crying.

"Julie, we don't know what's going on yet. Get a hold of yourself. I'll go to Battalion, and as soon as I know what's happening, I'll let you know." He reassured her.

*****

Colonel Watts was at his office making final arrangements for the battalions' mobilization. Andy reported to his su-perior officer.

The Colonel returned Andy's salute, and had his Reconn Company commander take a seat.

"Andy, I'm glad to see you. Sorry about the recall. Here's the situation. The S.I.A. has Metrodelphia surrounded. To-day the rebels engaged our units with long range artillery. They did some real damage to our boys. Now I know that you are a native of Halverstaadt, and I understand that these are your countrymen that we are about to fight. If you choose, I will have you reassigned to some other Federation unit away from here. I need to know one thing. Can I count on you, or are your loyalties to this planet too deep." The Colonel waited as Andy thought through his answer.

"Sir. I grew up on this planet after my parents were killed. They ran a small transport from Kronin 3 to Hal-verstaadt. They ferried medical supplies for the victims on Kronin when that planet was hit by the hyperfluenzia epi-demic. I don't really remember too much about them. My mothers' sister raised us here. She died during my final year in college. I have no real loyalties to anyone except the Federation. They put me through college, and helped my brother to join the civil security force here. My Father had been a Star Fleet Command officer. He was injured and had to be discharged. So I guess if anything, I owe my allegiance to the Federation. Sir, you can count on me to execute my job to the best I am capable of doing it." Andy looked at his superior officer and let his words sink in.

"Andy, I am very glad to hear that. I knew you were. Now I have to have you sign a loyalty statement. I'm sorry, but before I can allow you to resume your command I have been mandated by 18 Command to have all officers who are na-tives, married to locals, and who have been stationed on Halverstaadt for more than five years to sign these loyalty statements. So here's the form, read it and sign it. Then I'll fill you in on all of the details concerning our mo-bilization orders."

*****

The planet of Halverstaadt was almost the size of earth. Our Earth measures approximately 24,000 miles at its equator. Halverstaadt's circumference was 22,215 miles at its equator. Halverstaadt had two moons, both of which had been utilized as space ports for the Federation. There were three major cities, all on either an Inland Sea, or on a river that fed the inland seas.

MMetrodelphia was the second largest of Halverstaadt’s cities, with Tolsit being the major population center. Tolsit was also the most heavily defended by the Federa-tion. It was on the Butarro River, some six hundred kilome-ters from the great Inland Sea and nine hundred kilometers south of Metrodelphia.

The third largest city was on the other side of the planet, called Heddrikks. That was the industrial center of the planet.

The Federation had always used local citizens to man each planet's defenses. On Halverstaadt, over 85% of Federation personnel had been natives, or had lived on there for five or more years. With over 130,000 personnel on the Federation payroll, in-cluding civil security forces, out of a total population on Halverstaadt of just over 28 million, there was real con-cern about the Federation losing it's grip on this vital planet.

If Halverstaadt were lost, then the Federation would loose its major supplier of titanium, for Halverstaadt was rich with this vital metal. Star Fleet Command Command Ships, and star cruisers hulls were constructed entirely with this ele-ment. If Halverstaadt were lost, then chaos would reign. Halverstaadt could ask it's own price for titanium, and the Federation would have to pay.

*****

Andy read the loyalty oath.

"Colonel. I can't help but notice that this is the same oath that I already swore to when I was sworn in as a Sec-ond Lieutenant. Sir, I'll sign it, but it seems to me to be a bit redundant."

"I know, Captain. I think that Sector 18 Command is getting a bit paranoid. The stakes here are very high, but you don't need me to tell you this." The Colonel went back to his papers.

Andy signed the form. He had no problem. He was an officer of the Army of the Federation.

Andy handed Colonel Watts the form. The Colonel looked it over.

"Andy. I want you to know I had to sign one of these too. I found it in bad taste." He said dryly, then added, "Well, now that this is done, I'll fill you in on what our assign-ment is. Your company will be transported by air to Met-rodelphia. You'll load up in A.P.C.'s and be flown to here." The Colonel pointed on his map of Halverstaadt to an area about fifty kilometers south of Metrodelphia.

"Your job is to find, and neutralize any rebel artillery and anti-aircraft defenses. This is a tough job, but I know that your unit will be all right. You have been trained for this job, and you have proven that your reconn unit is an elite outfit. Good luck. The rest of the battalion will be here, about twenty-five klicks away. We'll be there to sup-port you. I'll be there to support you, Captain. Any ques-tions?" The Colonel asked.

"Sir, when do we depart?" Andy asked.

"At 0200 hours." The Colonel replied.

"Sir. Julie, my wife is alone here. She's in the barracks, and I need to let her know what's going on. May I talk to her?"

"No problem. Report to the airdrome at zero hundred. Andy, don't worry about her. I'll have my wife drop by and visit her. Rachel is good. She'll put your new wife at ease. You be careful out there. These guys mean business." The Colo-nel said, and walked over to the door. Andy had been dis-missed.

"Andy, I mean it. Take care of yourself." The Colonel gave a final warning.

*****

Andy went back to his room at the barracks. Julie had been sleeping. He sat on the bed next to her, and leaned over to kiss her. She awoke.

"Andy?" She said.

"Julie. I have to leave at midnight. I'll be gone for awhile. But I'll be back. There's trouble near Metrodel-phia, and I've been assigned to help stop it. Julie, the Colonel's wife will come by to see how you're doing." He said.

"Andy. I called daddy's office, and he's gone too. Andy, what am I going to do?" She asked.

"Julie. Listen. You'll be okay. Go to the personnel office and see if they have any openings for employment. Do what-ever it takes until I get back. I promise you I'll be back, my love." He said.

*****

Andy joined his company at the Aerodrome in Tolsit. They were rushed to Metrodelphia by military transport where they had loaded into four armored personnel carriers. Two transport aircraft would carry them to their drop point east out over the sea, they would turn west to the drop point. The transport aircraft would not land again until they returned to Metrodelphia. This would be a high alti-tude drop. The A.P.C.'s would be dropped from the trans-ports, and a drag chute would open. This would keep the A.P.C.'s from tumbling as they free fell. At one thousand feet they would deploy their four main parachutes and land.

The A.P.C.'s would proceed to their operations area and from there to the attack point.

The first three of four A.P.C.'s carried fifty men each, the first, and second and third section. The fourth A.P.C. carried Andy and his headquarters platoon, twenty-six men in all along with communications gear, extra ammunition and rations.

The A.P.C.'s rolled foreword, one under each wing of the massive transports. When all four were in place under the transports' wings, hydraulic arms locking the A.P.C.'s into place, while the transports waited on the runway. When both transports had their cargo stowed under each wing, they began the pre-flight procedure, and taxi to the launcher.

Andy had been notified that the transport was ready to launch from its catapult.

"Get ready for launch." He shouted.

The huge transports' eight engines roared to maximum power.

Andy closed his eyes, and leaned back into his seat.

The jolt from the catapult launch caused him to black out momentarily. As the blood returned to his head, he looked around at each of his men. They were all right. He gave the thumbs up signal. Each in turn returned the sign.

Andy closed his eyes for the rest of the trip.

*****

He must have dozed off. The jumpmaster tapped him on the shoulder.

"Sir, three minutes to drop." The Staff Sergeant said.

Andy opened his eyes, and shook his head. He glanced at his men.

'They're scared.' he said to himself.

'Hell, I am too.' he admitted to himself.

A klaxon sounded, the jumpmaster scurried up a ladder, and into the transport.

The lights went out, as the electrical system from the transport was switched over to the battery system of the A.P.C.

The klaxon sounded again, and the A.P.C. began its free fall.

Andy's stomach leaped into his throat as the A.P.C. fell clear of the transport.

The four A.P.C.'s would free fall from an altitude of thirty thousand feet, and the pilot chute would deploy at twenty-five thousand feet. The pilot would slow down their descent only slightly, but the A.P.C.'s would not tumble as they fell. The four main drag chutes would be automatically deployed when an altitude of one thousand feet had been reached.

Andy had been through this exercise many times before. He knew the drill, and so did his men.

*****

The A.P.C. landed with a jolt. Andy got out of his seat, and went foreword to the command cupola. He grabbed the optical headset, and scanned for the other three A.P.C.'s. They were all within fifty meters of him.

It was a dark moonless night, which was rare, considering that Halverstaadt had two moons in its orbit. One night in fifty-three, they had been fortunate. The darkness would aid them.

His group had been given the call sign of "Intruder".

"Intruder leader to all units, check in." He spoke into the mike which was attached to his headset.

"Intruder One, we're all set Leader." Came the first reply. That would be 1st Lt. Samuels.

"Intruder Three. All set Leader." That was 1st Lt. Cohen.

Number two A.P.C. did not answer. The number two A.P.C. began to move towards his. The hatch at the top opened, as a head popped out. An arm began to wave. Andy knew that the short wave radio on number two was out, they would have to fix it as they moved.

"Sergeant Pherson, get on over to number two. Their radio is out. Let them know we're going to move out, have them follow number three." Andy shouted down into the A.P.C. belly.

"Sir!" Came the reply.

Andy grabbed the infrared signal lamp and flashed number two's section leader a message, an electronics tech was on the way.

The four A.P.C.'s began to move slowly while the radio on number two A.P.C. was being fixed.

*****

The rebels had not noticed the airdrop of the four Armored Personnel Carriers. The darkness, as well as the added cover of low clouds had done much to mask the team's insertion into rebel territory. The "Intruder" reconnais-sance team reached their area of operations, now they would begin their search for the rebel artillery pieces, and the anti-aircraft missiles.

*****

The A.P.C.'s had been covered with camouflage netting and sentries were set. Andy liked their defensive positions. His headquarters group would provide security for the A.P.C.'s while the rest of the company searched for the re-bel positions.

*****

Andy led the first patrol. They had been gone for about an hour. His point man motioned the patrol to the ground. Andy crawled foreword to his point man. "What's up, Tom." He said to the Sergeant.

"Sir, right there." He replied.

Andy grabbed his night-scope and scanned the area. Several heat traces showed. The outline of men moving, and vehicles running.

Andy looked at his map. He had the co-ordinates.

"Tom, get Simmons up here." Andy said.

Another man joined them. A hand reached out; Andy took the mouthpiece, and placed the earphones on his head.

"Intruder leader to Hot Pocket." He whispered into the mouthpiece.

"Hot Pocket here." Came the reply.

"Hot Pocket, I have a fire mission. Co-ordinates Uniform Delta Three One, over."

"Roger Intruder Leader, co-ordinates Uniform Delta Three One. Verify."

They had asked Andy to give his personnel code over the radio to verify his identity. "Hot Pocket, Lima Tango One One Nine. Over." He replied finally.

"Confirmed. Intruder will fire three rounds for effect. Adjust to target, Over."

They waited. In another minute a rushing sound came from overhead. The first explosion set off other larger explo-sions. With the next two, the night erupted into day as am-munition, fuel and men all burned up by the shells from the 200mm howitzers from the Federation guns found their mark.

Andy watched the maelstrom from his hidden position. He waited until the smoke had cleared, and the darkness re-turned.

"Hot Pocket, this is Intruder. Good job. You just wiped out a supply dump. Intruder out."

They resumed their night patrol.

*****

With the loss of their major supply dump, Commandant Alpha knew two things were apparent. First he could not fight a prolonged struggle. Half of his artillery shells had been destroyed, and one third of his fuel reserves. The loss in men had been small; it was the material that had hurt their cause the most.

Secondly he knew that he had Federation units in his se-cure rear areas. He would have to search them out.

"Get me Colonel Hawke." He said.

*****

The night patrol returned to their positions an hour before dawn. As the first sentry challenged their passage, Andy gave them the code word for the day. "Rock Hardy." He said, and smiled. 'Who the hell thought that one up?' he asked himself.

"Pass." The sentry replied.

The patrol passed.

Andy went to the command A.P.C. and wrote his report of that night's action.

When he had written his report, and had it transmitted to Battalion, he called his Section Leaders together. He filled them in on that night’s action. As he was about to dismiss them he added, "Gentlemen. From this point on we must assume that the enemy knows we are present in their rear echelon. Instruct your men to be especially careful, and use the proper precautions. I don't want to lose any-one. We have been trained for this kind of mission, and we can carry it out successfully. If we are careful we all will be going home together, alive and well. You each have fifty men at your command. It is your job to see that they are rested, and ready to carry out their job. Be leaders by example. Command! Now, are there any questions?" He looked at his three Section Leaders.

"No? Then Ted. You remain. The rest of you are dismissed until 1600." The other two Section Leaders left and went back to their men. Only 1st Lt. Cohen remained.

"Ted. I want you to send out a patrol. A day patrol to here. I'm going to have Staff Sergeant Larks lead it. He's a veteran." Andy pointed to the map. "This is where the supply dump was. I want him to assess the damage. I want photos and his report when he returns. Any questions."

"None sir. I'll brief him." The Lieutenant said.

"No. I'll brief him. I want you aware of where he's going. You'll be leading another day patrol to here. Photo reconn shows that this is a relay station for the radar feed." Andy showed the Lieutenant on the map.

"I want you to take half of your section with you, the 1st platoon. I want time delay charges set if you find what I suspect you'll find. I believe this is one of their air defenses networking radar units. Aircraft sensors show no ra-dar emissions. You'll know when you find it. Let me show you something." Andy pulled out some photos.