When Heaven Meets Earth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Father, can I confess something to you?"

"Of course, son. You can always count on me."

"My last item on the list. Well, I just accomplished it here, in the countryside." He smiled.

"I see. So you're a very diligent young man."

"Not really, Father. But destiny willed that for me."

"So you should make another list for this year, son."

"I'll think about it, Father. And, I'll need your counsel for the first item on that list." I stood up.

"Sure, Ken. Just make sure you make some time to see me before you," he smiled. "I'll be very glad to talk to you about your resolutions." I smiled.

"Of course, Father." As I walked back to the house, I noticed a lot of people looking at me.

Father Jorge returned and said he had to visit a couple of families before the evening Mass. Mrs. Silva handed him a nice bundle of food. We all waved and he drove away.

"It's a hard and lonely life, being a priest." Uncle said.

"I disagree with you, uncle dear. They've got the world to think of. And I suppose when you're serving God, you'll never feel alone."

"That's true. Anyway, think of your Aunt Miriam. She came to spend time with us, and tonight, she has to head back to her mission in the hospital. While someone like her and Father Jorge may not be lonely, but we must admit that their lives are hard." He drank some beer. "And I was wrong in having criticized this holy man. I hope he forgives me for what I've done against him." He looked down.

"I'm sure he has, uncle dear. Father Jorge does not hold grudges against anyone." I walked towards Aunt Miriam, who was talking to the ladies and speaking about her mission, God, and her lifestyle. She was also giving the ladies a lot of useful lessons about faith and mental health. She turned to me and smiled.

"Father Jorge told me the great work you've done for the church lately, Ken." She smiled. "You're on your way to become a saint, nephew!" She smiled.

"To become a saint, I?" And she went on talking about mental health and family. That was also an item I should put on my new year's list of resolutions.

Back home, we showered, and I went to bed. Before I shut off the light, I held Aunt Miriam's black and white photo she'd given me. I wiped a tear and thought of Father Jorge, his mission, and his treasure stored up above. Just like Aunt Miriam's great treasure. I put the photo on my night table and shut off the light. Right then she was on her bus traveling through the night, always on the go. Father Jorge too soon will be on his way to another continent. I closed my eyes and murmured his dear sweet name until I fell asleep.

* * *

The monotonous buzzing sound of the ATR 72 turboprop engines almost make me fall asleep. I opened my eyes and held my diary. I looked around and saw the Passaredo flight attendant offering drinks and snacks to the kids. I took a glass of apple juice and a small bag of peanuts. She handed me a paper napkin and I thanked her. I closed my eyes and recited a short prayer. I took out my Canon camera to shoot the picture of my snacks, because I love shooting photos. Just then, I blushed as I remembered my last gift to Father Jorge. I gave him the memory stick containing all our photos of our waterfall adventure. Unfortunately I didn't even have time to download or even look at them myself! But I have that precious moment forever in my mind. Surely he'll know what to do with them. I shoot my photos and put my camera away. I took out my pen and scribbled on the paper napkin.

Dear God, up here I feel closer to you. Give me the strength, wisdom, and courage to fulfill my first item on my New Year's resolution list. I hope my family will support me and be as happy as I am feeling now.

The piece of napkin was inserted in my diary, together with the little card Father Jorge gave me the day before my travel day. It reads: Saint John Seminary.