All Comments on 'When it's Safe to Die'

by ElectricBlue

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 2 years ago

What a great story! Fantastic rhythm and enough to entertain even those like me who never got into Spillane!

winchesterfoxwinchesterfoxover 2 years ago
A great effort

Must be satisfying to be a writer interested in trying different styles and genres - and succeeding as well as you did. Your recognizable twists and turns of a phrase or situation made for good reading. Try another?

ArediaArediaover 2 years ago

Great story! Loved it. Thanks!

yowseryowserover 2 years ago

Brilliant

Romp and a half, pitch perfect talkin', lovely pacing and surprises at every corner. Mikey would like it.

LilyWatersLilyWatersover 2 years ago

Such a great story. Perfectly paced, engaging, and just dripping with noir tropes and snappy dialogue. So much fun and so, so sexy.

RoperTraceRoperTraceover 2 years ago

Jesus, I spent about a year or so just reading all of Spillane's stuff. You must be his granddaughter by the way this was written. Hat's off electricblue66. You've got my vote. RT

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterover 2 years ago

Oh. My. God. That was fucking perfect. I live for bisex and this did not disappoint, as well as being perfect private dick. I hope to someday write something this good, but for now, I bow to the Master.

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

Helluva story. Good one. I enjoyed the 'Chinatown' reference with Jake getting his nose fixed at the hospital. Makes me wonder if I missed other little snippets like that.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 2 years ago

Tough, yet tender inside. Well done!

SimonDoomSimonDoomover 2 years ago

A unique twist on noir, no doubt about it. Your style is not at all noir by nature, so it's interesting to see you take it on and blend your own style with the noir mood. Well researched, too. I was impressed with that. It's also category-defying. As usual, you don't let yourself be bound by category conventions, and the result is a fun story.

dmallorddmallordover 2 years ago

You captured the essence of the genre so well! I found it a bit much with the male bisexual element though. Not my cup of tea. The rest - well what can I say? This was well written, on point, and certainly captivating. The attention to detail and idiomatic descriptors were so Spillane! Another five stars.

MsNatalie99MsNatalie99almost 2 years ago

Perfect story!!! 5 STARS. I love the astetic, the charaters, the mystery. I've never watched a Noir piece from that era. Having read this, I will. Bravo.

cmj711cmj711about 1 year ago

I've only finished page two yet needed to let you know my pomegranate is swollen, my nipples are hard.

While this reads like a black & white movie from the old days, the feelings you stir are timeless!

Jon Rahm has tree trunk thighs, your description of yours brought him to mind.

He's my favorite golfer, he turns me on, not just physically, it's his persona too. little bean xox

NoBullAlNoBullAl7 months ago

Not a bad story except that I’m quite sure that neither Mickey Spillane nor Mike Hammer had any tendencies towards being BI…. That bit of play spoiled it!!!!

AG31AG317 months ago

Terrific story!! Something for almost everyone!! Good noir voice, also. You're very versatile. Six stars if they'd let me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElectricBlue@ElectricBlue
A writer of mostly urban erotica, with more café scenes than a classic French movie; occasional departures to more fantastic worlds, off planet and on.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

a Desiderare Previous Part