All Comments on 'When Our Love Was New'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

Makes no sense, why would such a man hating shrew who was woke to the reality that all men are proto-rapists pigs bent on always oppressing women want to have anything to do with raising her own spawned proto-rapists?

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

seemed like 2 stories mushed into 1 rushed story. couple little qualms for me. 1 Why does he seem so familiar with the taste and texture of semen on his tongue, fishy fishy. 2 does he think semen doesn't dry or the Germ like fucked his wife, came on her tits, and was hiding in the closet.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

As soon as she started spouting feminist buzzwords, he should've just divorced the gullible fool. There's no point staying married to a woman who believes any of that man-hating bullshit. Kim was on a road to bitterness and misery, and staying with her would just mean being dragged into that toxic hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meh. Too much stupid political bullshit spouted. Waste of my time reading it.

Which is sad because normally I thoroughly enjoy your work.

Ah, well. Nobody ever bats a thousand.

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Feminism, women and their bullshit are killing the family, this is one of the reasons guys dont want to get marry anymore, just use the pussy make mo ey and move on to the next one

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was so weird I will cross you off my reading list (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pathetic review of marital strife, with no resolution..

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

I guess that love doesn't always overcome marital problems!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Confusing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty good read. Thanks

But you missed the part about having at least one likable character

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think you followed him hem all !

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

A disappointing story. Not one likeable character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1* - what was there to enjoy about this story - I guess if you liked sadness it would be OK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

America is degrading, degenerating. Worst of all, her disease spreads to the entire Anglo-Saxon area, and then to the western world and the periphery. The future belongs to the empire of the middle of the Chinese Communist Party

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Another man's cum under her breast? Didn't she shower before going out? I'm still not sure I buy her story, I think a guy know cum. And there was no sign of the biopsy, and when he massaged her breast it didn't hurt?

\

Who cares how you met, started your careers and where you got your first apartment?

\

legal secretaries aren't just secretaries in law offices. There's special training involved.

\

"Those vows were written by men to institutionalize male privilege, Philip." - Um, no. The men are also expected to forsake all others.

\

I figured they were in trouble when he had two "thoughts" and a "think" that things were improving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Garbage in, garbage out. Bierce, you should have stayed disappeared in Mexico. One star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No clue why you write? And u want to advice others? Ur last two stories have been gutter trash Mr Bierce…and a real waste of my time! U seem delusional about your writing abilities and hold urself in such high esteem …well to each his own shit!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Enjoyed the read. Thought it was true to life and could fit a number of live. Sadly too many couples tend to ignore what's in their path and stumble through the rest of the their life's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it, right up to the ending.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I liked it! My reading of it is that she "woke" to the misguided version of feminist views, was angry with her own lack of accomplishments, and blamed her husband as that particular misguided version of feminist views likes to do. She was unhappy with her choices, blamed him, and eventually torched her marriage through her misdirected dissatisfaction. I've seen it happen before. Good job!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Once the uber-feminist crap enters a home, it will destroy that home. It didn't help that Philip was an idiot and said some very stupid things. At least they worked together for the kids.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

Divorce was a fait accompli. Kim had her right hand on a gun to Phil’s head and and her left gripping a strategically positioned gelding knife. Separation was the only reasonable retreat, A sad failure of a marriage.

.

Well told and thoughtful story with deftly rendered and sympathetic characters. Yes even Kim. I find myself wanting to pity her but I think I’d be smarter to give her a wide berth. I’m afraid she’ll just bite my head off.

.

A treat to read. Thanks much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Men Love women idealistically. Women Love men opportunistically. 8 out of 10 divorces are initiated by women. Oftentimes this is done ruthlessly, and without compassion, remorse, or sympathy on the woman’s part.

Even if there is a sliver of empathy for you, that will not stop her from zeroing you out and taking you for everything you’re worth. Women get bored faster than men do in relationships. This most definitely contributes to the previous fact that 8 out of 10 divorces are intuited by women.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 2 years ago

Depressing. This started off gloomy and morphed into dismal.

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

No real good reason for any of the behavior here. Especially his. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was weird. How did the man-hating feminist arise in Kim all of a sudden? Why did he let her silence him? And divorce for the comment he made? That's rich. I'd be divorced twice per day!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow you wrote her as a real bitch. They were so far apart I have no idea how they even tried to stay together for as long as they did.

BriteaseBriteaseover 2 years ago

Good story. A sad chain of events put together with a twist of humour. Definite 5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She had a beast cancer scare and didn't tell her husband. The relationship was already doomed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do not pay any attention to Lujon. Anyone who believes that using "Woke" doesn't make them look like a flaming man hating sissy is too dumb to care about.

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

Interesting, chicken or egg, horse or cart? But a miss in the writing, if her tit was so sensitive for her to wince in pain why not while he was fondling/sucking on it? Why did she not tell him or react - a woman's empowerment thing - in the early throws of HER dooming this marriage? Nothing she did was ever wrong - just a setup for him to step into it ?!? Did he blunder, sure, with provocations and his family history she did not respect but would Germ for her own ends.

/

The story ended too soon, with her desire for fema-Nazi did she become gay or a male-sub to make her happy in life? What was going to do with her two boys when they got into high school - what attitudes will she force on them since men are the root to all humanities evil?

/

3.6*. hooyah.... too short, too many open-ends

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

This couple didn't appear to be a match in any way, yes they produced children but that sermed to be the only thing they had in common. Im surprised they were married as long as they were.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

both sides were at unrelenting fault here. Communication is vital to a healthy marriage and there was none here of substance.

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago

Sad tale of Valentines Day. When respect is lost and they struggle to maintain a family for the kids it makes me wonder how they didn’t realize when dating how they missed it. Was she always such a feminist or did it develop as she lost respect?

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

When you first mentioned Herman the German, I wondered how Hermannus Alemannus was going to time travel from the thirteenth century.

Thanks for the tips for writers. Who's the likeable character? Do you prefer likable?

The story was well written, but the plot lagged the writing.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Wow, he spent 14 years with that? Why? At least she agreed to joint custody, not sure that was likely, given her hatred of men, but you wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OK, people drift apart. But this seemed more like the wife jumped out of an airplane with a feminazi parachute. It took a man they knew For Years breaking into a food line for her to finally see what an arrogant selfish ass he is? What the wife is looking for does not exist. She wants to have her female privilege while enjoying all the accoutrements of being a male. And she wants to blame her husband for not changing, immediately, in ways that she has taken years to adjust and accommodate. She became a spoiled entitled bitch, and he's better off without her. His biggest challenge will be when she comes back looking for a redo, with her stretched out culturally and worldly experienced vagina and her tepid shallow offer to give Him another chance. Given what a weak slow witted character you made him, he might go for it. I wonder when she'll tell him she's got genital Herpes?

A sad and ugly woman, and her story. Thanks for the effort.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksover 2 years ago

I liked the name of the law firm she went to work for. It is the name of a Jazz Vocal Group, that I first heard at the Monterey Jazz Festival. Being that your story is set in that area it really ties it in for me.

DWB

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another stupid right-wing Fox News version of feminism. Conservatives did the same thing to the 60's Equal Rights movement and the Vietnam anti-war movement. Change is difficult but maybe try to understand the sentiment behind the change instead of falling prey to fear and hate mongers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OK, for those that don't know good music and classic standards, the title lines are lyrics from STARDUST

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad that he divorced the Fem-Nazi. It's amazing what gets into some people's head. Don't think I would have been that nice in the divorce. Probably closer to real life than was intended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. I don't ever come to this site for anything more than a momentary thrill. And a very particular thrill as well. This piece did not deliver that thrill. Instead, this is very well-written and could be the basis for an intelligent, and sad, but realistic script for a television show or movie. Favorite line? "And you're going to work at Lambert Hendricks Ross? That's twisted, even for you." For me, only one less convincing, but really important flaw. After all the work and time to put things back together, the narrator's clumsy mistake in claiming out loud that his wife realized her mistake, etc. Both characters seemed too educated and intelligent for that low a level of utterance. But most importantly, really smart dialogue and plot line. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Obvious and over-the-top regarding feminism, not that it doesn't have a slew of problems, but the MC is certainly no prize himself. They're both better off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rodney Dangerfield use to say in one of his old stand up routines...."You know WHY divorce is so expensive? Because its WORTH IT!"

Kim's a fine example how marriage is just not worth the cost and risk any more these days. Better to just say no and enjoy your life and keep your money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I LOVE it when the fem critical gender theory bullshit gets savaged.

PrfsrPrfsrover 2 years ago

But that was long ago

And now my consolation

Is in the stardust of a song

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have laughed in her face the first time the bullshit spilled out of her mouth and kicked her "liberated" ass out of the fycking house.

Get a real fuckinf job you harpy cunt.

You got a degree. Start earning your way in the real world bitch.

And there are zero likeable characters in this piece of shit.

koosewatcherkoosewatcherover 2 years ago

Reminds me of a horse barn, full of Horses Asses!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

What Anon ok said.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I kinda lost interest when it became clear this author, like many knuckle dragging readers, showed his misogynistic leanings, and lets not even pretend some of you and he aren't.

You all proudly display that stupidity far to frequently.

This author is just a fragile male venting his frustration with women thinking they're people too.

My advice is skip this one folks.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Almost Skipped Over This

Sorry I didn’t! Well written* but depressing.

4* (not really well, though.)

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

What a bitch! Another character for the LW Hall of Shame. Phil ain’t exactly top flight, but he can do better than the misandrist, feminist , cheating bitch Kim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You still are weak at the ending.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

A Literotica Top-100. If this don't nail down the St. Valentine's Day Contest win, then we can consider it another 2-14-1929 massacre. Your running commentary of MC's head-space was both fascinating and humorous. The wife is so typical of the batsh*t crazy products of many collegiate liberal arts "educations". 5++++/5!!!

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

You Write stuff I like to read

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

just another load of man-hating drivel

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Spoiler alert: very little of any interest occurs in this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I had already voted this a 4, and made a short comment which for some reason hasn't been posted. The gist of it was that this was really sad. It still is, and a re-read makes it even sadder, and moves it from a 4 to the 5 it so richly deserves. OK, I must admit that, as usual, Legio_Patria_Nostra has it nailed in his comment, and I'd be a fool not to tag along behind him on this. Have to agree with his characterization of Kim, but have to note that she didn't start out that way. Why she allowed her head to get turned at what appears to have been some sort of adult night class escapes me, although it does recall the witty remark Eugene McCarthy made after George Romney tried to excuse his Vietnam flip-flop 1967 by saying he had initially been "brainwashed." That witty remark? "It must have been a light rinse."

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

So she came up with an “explanation “ for the shirt. What about the cum on her tits? And why did he not immediately question that? I know I sure as fuck would not have gone down on her at that point.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 2 years ago

I gave you top marks for this. What an ape shit crazy bitch of a character.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Did he use a shoehorn to get his foot that deep into his mouth?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Legio, you're an idiot.

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

You didnt follow y our own rules, there are no likeable characters in this tale. Husband coulda been, but his lack of ability to lead his wife was pitiful. The femi-nazi wife deserves contempt,s he wouldnt know how to create and manage a happy home if her life depended on it. And any characters that go to Planned Parenthood fundraisers, well they aint my kind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So Author, which of these characters did YOU like, and why? Not trying to be snarky, just curious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written on a technical level, but definitely not a plot/theme that's worthy of winning a Valentine's Day contest. I made my way through it, but feel I got nothing for the effort. The good news for the author — I didn't vote my feelings.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

I came to write what I'm now seeing others already said in the comments. No one in this story was likable...or effective at communicating

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

2 stars - actually this was visual torture. You are off my reading list.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 2 years agoAuthor

Golly gosh, nixrox, guess I'll have to take you off my reading list, too.

(Talk about hollow threats...)

eljj546eljj546about 2 years ago
A Bierce?

Is that Ambrose Bierce? Didn't you disappear riding with Pancho Villa in 1914?😁

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

Bitch wife and idiot husband. Perfect match.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed it. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Disappointing, felt like it ended with a whimper and not a bang. Suppose that may be realistic as life is mostly average, like this story 3*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you, for sharing your writing skills with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

So, he accidentally sticks his tongue in some other guys cum on his wife's tits, which raises his suspicions, so what does he do? Why, what any man would do of course (NOT), he proceeds south and slurps away at what is very likely a cream pie. Seriously??!!

I'm afraid I lost interest at that point, any author that comes up with crap like that doesn't deserve to have his stories read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous