All Comments on 'When the Bombs Fell'

by AnthonyComstock

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
PwaymanPwaymanalmost 3 years ago

Interesting little tale, well told. On a historical note ... "Archie" was a WW1 term ... the WW2 equivalents were "Ack-ack" for friendly fire and "Flak" for German AA fire.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like it a lot. I hope you write more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Weird.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago

I was going to mention the 'Archie' and 'ack-ack' but I see someone has beaten me to it. There are a couple of other very small points, hardly worth mentioning but you might like to note if you intend to write any more stories set in the UK. London's Tube is always upper-case. And you mentioned 'the duvet'---duvets didn't really arrive / catch on in this country until the very late 1960s / early 1970s (when they were more likely to be called 'continental quilts'). Until then people would have used an eiderdown. In fact, many middle-aged and elderly people didn't really go for duvets but stuck with their eiderdowns.

Those insignificant points apart, a very good little tale with a nice sense of time and place.

LimeyracerLimeyraceralmost 3 years ago

Okay. Too short for starters though the rationale is a common thread through WW2 - so many women sharing their base needs (sharing living, food and needed comfort) so that the credibility is good. The actual description of their coupling is a bit weak; I would have thought that they would have realized that they would both have achieved a more satisfying result if they used their fingers and embarked on oral sex; both were married and yet they didn't resort to anything apart from 'humping' each other to climax. Presuming of course, that their husbands had indulged in this with them?

You could have expanded the story quite well - more background to the girls (Ages? How long married with a brief background, etc.)

I think you could enlarge the story - I assume it's not a one-off event? - and then describe how they 'grow' their own lives - shocking their husbands with their sexuality & prowess when they came on leave!...

Still, a good try- and from a bloke born in Dagenham during the Blitz... well done! CES

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLalmost 3 years ago

I liked it though I expected a Bomb to take them both just as they climaxed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Dr beulahthebrit; As pointed out by others a few faults, however not a bad story, but a bit short.

Now for some corrections. When I was first at uni, I lived in Dagenham, so,

1) There are no pre-war flats, all properties where 2/3 bed family houses, built as part of the worlds first new town between 1923 and 1934.

2) Dagenham is on both the London Underground District line and the main railway line to Southend on Sea at the mouth of the River Thames and that is about an hour away. Dagenham is 15/20 mins from Central London.

3) Although, just down river from London docks, (at that time the largest in the world) Dagenham was home to the biggest motor works in the U.K. (Fords) so there was some air-raids in the area and the falling shrapnel is accurate and is mainly ignored. I hope that other readers of your story, mainly in the U.S. find this information helpful, I hope that this is only the first part of a longer tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Decent (maybe indecent) story. But enjoyable.

The comment by anonymous that there were no 'flats' in Dagenham during the blitz was wrong. Many houses were converted into a ground floor and a 1st floor flat. I know because me and my mother and my younger brother lived in one during the London blitz. In fact our 1st floor flat was damaged during one bombing raid and our windows were boarded up for a while. I also have to say that most ordinary families living in places like Dagenham didn't have quilts (eiderdowns - so called because they were stuffed with Eider down, from Eider ducks), They just had sheets and blankets, sometimes with an old overcoat thrown over the top in very cold conditions. Great days!

AnthonyComstockAnthonyComstockalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments, all. Keep them coming. I'll do my best to integrate them into future stories. And there will be more stories. Any excuse to do more research into London, one of my favorite places in the world, is a good one!

Spoiler: They will get better at pleasuring each other as their experience improves. And as I get better at writing lesbian sex scenes.

Now to research what resources might be available to budding young lesbians in wartime London.

Also, look me up on my Facebook page, as linked from my profile.

Thanks all,

AC

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnthonyComstock@AnthonyComstock
I was born in Southeast Florida, and I've lived most of my life in Pinellas County. I've worked as a bookseller, credit evaluator, aviation ground service, commercial pilot, and I've been in the military. I lived in Germany for a couple of years, in North Carolina, and in Ne...