All Comments on 'When We Were Married Ch. 03C'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 239 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Losing interest big time and there are thirteen more chapters...don't think so.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Starting to lag out now. It's becoming the "I took a dump, then I argued with Debbie. I went on a ship. I shit on another woman.

For Debbie its now a regurgitated cycle of "I hate Bill! I love Bill! I argued with Bill.

Starting to get old in the tooth. They have been at it for 4 months. Time for some closure.

My star score reflects that.

BehindbluisBehindbluis4 months ago

Sorry, I wasn't losing interest. It just seemed like this was a new chapter in his life, a new beginning, a new story starting with the same people.

WoodencavWoodencav5 months ago

I was losing interest, but after this chapter I’m really interested to see how the relationship between Aline and Bill developes. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just now reading this and at this point in the story, I'm enjoying it immensely. Can't wait to see how you land this story. Thank you.

0ldfart0ldfart6 months ago

"Senor" Torres???? QUEI HORREUR! Surely the captain of a French ship would be "monsieur"?

lc69hunterlc69hunter8 months ago

Haven't read the earlier stories yet. Will need to do so

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Getting better, maybe, we'll see ... thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This guy is almost a saint. The soon to be ex-wife though is a foul cum sucking whore. She thinks it's alright for anyone she is dancing with to feel her up. Now that is the wife everyone needs. She was looking for any excuse to fuck around. Dump the bitch and get on with your life.

froggytreefroggytreeabout 1 year ago

For the love of god, let the poor guy get laid!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This guy is hilarious! And the story drags on forever...getting boring 💤

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Love the way the boss deals with the Iceman but sending Jessica to confiscate his files and the getting Aline to "watch" over him.

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearover 1 year ago

How many hands does Bill have?

If I was Bill I'd think Miss cruise ship babysitter was a whore too.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Oh, sorry, I forgot something, she's a stupid bitch, sorry, maybe a bit disillusioned???

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A second reading and still enjoyable. I stand by my previous comments. I'm with bill (and our author) all women are out my league. All a man can do is be himself. There are no pickup lines or things to do to make women or anyone like you. You are who you are unless you are a player.

I did know one once and it was amazing. We were in a bar or a tittie bar, I'm sure what you would call it the girls just dance and wiggled not bare tits. The player I was with said about one of the dancers I think I'll take her home, well, he did. The guy was average looking but he had something and wasn't hesitant to us it. He had her in bed that night and many more after that.

Me? I married both the women I had been to bed with, The first one lasted 13 years and almost destroyed me when she left. I was luck the next one had 4 kids and it lasted 40 years, go figure, love makes a difference. Debbie has given our guy a n inferiority complex. He thinks of himself as just Joe blow average or below. But without knowing it he has made himself into a mysterious and attractive man to very intelligent women. He really needs and ego boost. I am in the same boat as him, why would any woman be interested, especially since I'm widower and almost 80. So, on with the story and we all know he's going to get lucky and with a married woman no less. Again kudos to our author and his editors and his characters, it's certainly better than anything on TV!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

Debbie is still a self-centered Bitch, it's all Her, Her, Her. Always someone else's fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just ny thoughts but this whole chapter was a set back for bill. First he sees a cheating situation. Then he sees the hurt spouse of that cheating. Then a blond like Debbie is willing to just jump into bed with a stranger. Then even after asking multiple time to her and the staff he finds out that her interest WAS an assignment! Any friendship would be tainted. Just what Bill needs to be more deceived in his life. He should have just went back to the cabin. She already showed she could cheat on her husband and lie to Bill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why does any man get married? Maitland is as good as any as an example of real life. We do what we do and do not speak up about what we would like to do.; further, our needs, desires and thoughts change as we grow older! this applies to both sexes.

I'm an old guy married 4 times and what I did, wanted to do, should have done are historical - time moves on and leaves us with memories and regrets...what a great story!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

I have already commented on this chapter and stand by my assessment of the characters. As to other comments Bill is not a wimp. Bill is an introvert and has never been confident with woman especially the good looking ones he always thinks they are out of hid league. I can identify with him completely. Even my first wife, a cute little blond, was a bit like Debbie. She tore our family apart at the 13 year mark. She wanted to go out and look around and you know what that means. I think the story is right and our author is telling it well.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Hope

I hope there is a point to all the crap in this chapter and it is not the author practising his writing skills or lack of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not wained, just not found.

I am no writer, but i do like a good story.

Thank you.

Ajk

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

bill - one of the most complex characters so far on this site. he has flaws, weaknesses & commits some garing mistakes. he isn't the ideal husband that most literotica stories have. so far he's pretty believable.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

God almighty, the main character Maitland is such a dick. I can understand why readers would not engage with him. He is cast as a wimp, no redeeming features thus far. We know his soon to be ex is a slut of the highest order, her past tells us that. I do believe she was enjoying being airtight at the frat house.

But Bill has no idea of her past with her work colleagues during her marriage to him, she was a slut. She cheated on him emotionally all the time. He just had no idea.

I look forward to the time when he realises his goddess on that pedestal is no such goddess. She was always going to cheat, it was alway a matter of when. Lewcsaw it and she admitted it.

I know this tale has a long way to go. I hope the depression of Bill the jerk goes soon, or else this tale will become very boring.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Rest assured my interest is not waning I keep waiting for I'm not sure what. I do find each part of this story interesting.

Bill's love for his wife is killing his chance for any new relationships and keeps telling himself the really good woman are out of his league. Sure hope he doesn't go back to ex she is just to selfish and now that he looks better all she can do is complain why he did not do that while they were married. She really never loved him. Wake Bill there's more to life than and un-appreciative wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmmm.... no "waning" here!

Which readers said anything about waning? Tell me who they are. Point them out to me. I'll beat 'em to a pulp I will. ;-)

lancewmlancewmover 3 years ago
Reader interest has waned for some, but they are in the minority.

My interest level has remained high and has not dropped. But I do understand why some might complain all the introspection is like paint drying. And, at times, you tell the same story in detail from a different POV with too little differentiation.

I love your writing, so I'm okay with watching some paint dry, and you're writing this so quickly I stand back in admiration.

After starting two successful software companies and running worldwide development for one of the largest companies, I'm now three years into a novel, a thriller, dealing with our current geopolitical environment, a race to stop a worldwide cyberwar. The source of the initial attack is cloaked in the Darknet. Possibly, our own U.S. government in a bid to hold onto power.

As you can imagine, my novel required thousands of hours of preliminary research and written very unlike yours in nearly every way -- one of the many reasons I'm intrigued and engaged by your writing. I'll keep reading, right with you every step of the way.

-Will

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

I Hope That Deb and Doug have a Sad ending .. It couldn't happen to any better people ..

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Debbie

Deb is a Satanic Slut Bitch ... I hope Karma is as big a bitch as she is!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sorry Again

Sorry again to those who don't rate this [these] stories, each new story leaves me wanting more, I find it so hard to put my tablet down. The stories are so well written, the characters so plausible. I just wish that I could get Bill and Debbie to patch things up. There is still so much love for each other in both of them for it to be a terminally doomed relationships, I know some that have survived worse than this, they just need their heads banging together. I don't agree that Debbie is the bitch that lots think she is, maybe has a wife and mother I can feel a certain amount of sympathy for her and how she was treated. They should both eat humble pie and try again. Another 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Almost

You almost make him human then toss him under the 18 wheeler, if this is by design you are truly a master ! Oh and Debbie is a first class bitch, you got that right!

LOVE IT.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Character failings

Ok this guy is going off at a tangent so far from anything in his life it's honestly not believable. He is devolving because the slut that he married finally showed her true colors and he fell apart, sorry he was weak to begin with then and his inner weakness was showing. This guy had a very good upbringing and an excellent personal code, he is now starting to deviate from it. Hopefully he will junk his ring that reminds him of his slut wife and get on with a life that everyone else sees as a wonderful man. This is an interesting but flawed story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Author craft

One dose not waste energy commenting all the time on the work of a consummate professional.It is a pleasure to relax and savour a story that continues to grip and entertain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
He is breaking his own rules..

By going after a married woman. With this decision the whole character building so far goes to trash. Its like this chapter has been written by someone else. And with that the score goes to 2 stars max.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Amusing

There are comments deriding this story. I don't understand ! If I don't like a story , it's style or plot, I just stop reading it. So what's stopping those who find this is drivel from giving up and moving to something else?! Developing nicely, if slo0wly.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
More drive and psychobabble

Wasting 4 pages for absolutely nothing, only for the writer to feel good about himself driveling his psychobabble.

The content? A super-good-looking woman is hitting on our hero, who has transformed into a hunk from a fat wimpy slob three months ago. Only in Disneyland soap opera of "DanielASteele1."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It keeps dragging me along

Love the story. Where can I go to read all WWWM?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A waste of time - and you use an entire chapter for this drivel!

Nothing happens! He hates Debbie because she spoiled him for every other woman out there. I do not understand the reason for giving birth to this. Disappointed!

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago
Good readingui

Forgive me. I thought Debbie was gonna be on board.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why couldn't it have been the S. S. Minnow?

Will he get off the island? Seems like an unnecessary detour that doesn't propel the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Right up to this point

When this went fairy tale with the beautiful interloper, it turned to fluff. Too bad.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 7 years ago
A 2-man TRIO?

Interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 QAnnony hates the story yet he reads all the chapters!

what an asshole!!!! This fag needs to be banned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a cheap cuckold/wimp crap!!!

Pathetic!!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
So far so good

This is a full blown novel, so upward an onward to the end.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Been giving you straight 5*

Got me hooked. I read comparatively little fiction...I'm really liking this!

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
This Cruise Did Not Occur For Bill

Since in my mind Bill turned in his resignation, this cruise never took place.

But notes on this chapter. Bill has no social skills whatsoever. His wife Debbie has ruined him. She might as well had castrated poor Bill. This makes twice he has verbally accused a woman of being a whore. He was right about Debbie; but he is wrong about Aline. I don't see anything productive coming out of this cruise other than the sea air, good rest and maybe a little bit of suntan. Bill should think about taking the Defense Attorney job up in New York and tell Dallas to take his job and shove it!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

My big problem with Debbie, is if she felt that their marriage was over, she should have ended it BEFORE she got involved, sexually or otherwise, with another man.

THEN they could maybe have had the "friendly" divorce she seems to want.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
I continue to enjoy reading this series...very well done!

I do not always comment on every chapter, but the quality of the writing and the depth of the story/characters make these a good read!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago
Thoughts

"What's happened...Bill, it doesn't change what we had." - Huh? Her having at least an emotional, if not physical, affair doesn't change what they had?

"Our marriage is shot. You killed it and I buried it." - Shouldn't that be the other way around? SHE killed it, and Bill buried it!

"You lose weight, you start looking really good, and you go on vacation. After our marriage goes to hell. Why did you have to wait until now?" - Your marriage didn't GO to hell,you sent it there. And he's only going on the cruise because his boss ORDERED him to go or be fired!

"I had just checked into my suite, one of the top rooms on the ship" - Why such fancy accommodations for one person? It's not like the Big Man has unlimited funds,he mentioned having to juggle things to hide the money he was spending.

"There is a two-man musical trio playing until at least 2 a.m." - I hate to nit-pick (Well, no, I love to nit-pick, LOL!), but musical trios have THREE people, not two!

"And if I came inside her thinking of another woman" - Somebody used this to accuse him of being just as bad as Debbie thinking about Doug, but there is a HUGE difference between idle fantasy, and thinking about someone you are having an actual AFFAIR with, emotional or otherwise. He is talking about all the temptations that he has faced, and turned away from, and sometimes got him so wound up that he thought about them during sex with Debbie.

While I'll take Aline at her word that she doesn't know the details of his situation, and granted, he has greatly improved his appearance, but she HAS to know that even if not from HER perspective, but certainly from HIS, she is WAY out of his league, she has admitted to being with him "on assignment", so for her to be SO insulted that he assumed that sleeping with him was just another part of the assignment is a little bit unreasonable (although his charge of her getting a "bonus" for bedding him, making her a REAL prostitute was also over the line!).

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
he is a complicated and confused little man

an absence of self worth only dwarfed by his God Complex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Question

@ fanfare To do extramarital sex or to think of it. Are you think these things are equal??????A BTB's question.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
A rabble of gnats

A wake of buzzards

A plague of locusts

A drove of bullocks

An intrusion of cockroaches

I been trying to come up with the most correctcollective description of the BTB lynchmob commentators.

Hey! I got it!

A hypocrisy of analmousies

Accurate and succinct!

The Maitland character admits that for many years he has been fantasizing about other women while he was pretending to make love to his wife. Yet none of you had the gumption to admit the significance of that confession?

Yet for every female character, who is written to admit they have had even the mildest daydream of romance ranging to imagining sexual relations with non-spousal male. The lot of you are baying that she must be punished with eternal damnation in abyssal hellfire.

Yes indeed, you have all earned your collective designation as a hypocrisy.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
"I don't know who has hurt you, only that you were going through a trying time"

Maybe next time your captain asks you to watch over a troubled passenger you should find out more about that person? The guy's wife lied to him for years and then betrayed their marriage, and you spend half a cruise lying to him and then cap it off by suggesting that you're having thoughts about betraying your marriage with him. No way THAT could end badly, right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Mr. Loser-all Maitland

What is there for any woman to know about prosecutor Maitland? He's a dumb-assed anti-social freak of nature that can't tell a juicy cunt from a crappy asshole! The only cunt he ever knew belongs to a woman who was his slutty wife and is now some young stud's plaything.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
"Satisfied Me"

MAYBE he at one time satisfied her, but that can be a relative term.

Nowhere is it indicated that he made her scream like Doug does.

It's quite obvious that he is basically correct, that her "love" was primarily based on her hero worship, and as soon as he was no longer a hero in her eyes she looked elsewhere.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Where ???

Where are you heading DQS with this new direction, is Debbie finished as far as Bill's concerned, is Aline the new flavour of the month?? Where, indeed from here.

I read your notes at the end of this chapter & have to agree with many other readers that this is getting far too long, beginning to get boring & you're not really moving the story along a great deal with each chapter, hell there's still about another 12 to go.

The standout for me at this stage is that whilst you're an extremely talented writer, with this particular story I think you've lost the fact that most readers on this site aren't here to read 21 chapter stories, they want to read a complete, hopefully, finished story of 4 - 6 pages, fullstop. You seriously messed up by not having a good editor go through this with you before you published the 1st chapter. I'm sure an editor would helped to eliminate many of the repetitive scenes between Bill & Debbie that have occurred in the latter chapters. Unfortunately it's no longer that much fun reading this tale now... way too long & slow. 3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What are you thinking.....

she is married, what happened to his morals? He has lost a lot of weight, will his wedding ring will fall off without him knowing? Maybe he can bury that dam ring and the marrage at sea ! ! !

bill....

always 5s I just don't comment when I get into a story, like to see the end first.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
I Don't Get His Wife

I know it wasn't the primary thrust of this chapter, but we know from her Emails that his wife does not love him, her sex life with him was boring at best and she wanted out of the marriage.

Now that she has what she wanted she seems upset that he doesn't want anything to do with her, like she needs some sort of validation that he is pining away without her.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Not Entirely Fair

"You satisfied me. Until you decided you loved this damned job more than you loved me."

She makes it sound like he made a conscious decision to "love the . . . job more than . . . me."

When did she express any concern about it? She went out with her friends with no apparent concern for his absence, and obviously made no objections when the men took liberties with her body. Any true wife would have been slapping a lot of faces until they got the message to keep their hands to themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
French slut

The french tramp is just another cheating slut. she is married but she is selling herself like a high priced whore. There is no difference between her and the cheating cunt Debbie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
difference of opinion

I must admit I like the story moving AWAY from his, so called, wife......in spite of what she says, the only person she's in love with is herself. Anyway, I think your story is intelligent and well written. This chapter really does show more about his character. He is self depracating while his wife assumes she is irresistable to ANY man.

brinskibrinskiover 10 years ago
Great story

Brilliant ,hope the rest is as good

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
drivel

it is. whatta waste of typing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Anonymous you are a real ass hole this story

as published and earning him money!! You dumb ass, you rad and botch you must be a cross dressing fag!!!! WWWM is one of the best stories on here. You are a brain dead frog!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
the entire series

sucks. you have written better than this drivel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Bed a married woman

Given his state of mind I really think that would be soooo unbelievable.

megasaurasmegasaurasover 12 years ago
well done

i am enjoying this story. While i think that literotica is the wrong medium for this, i am still enjoying it very much and will progress on to the next chapter. This should be a novel

Dear_DoraDear_Doraover 13 years ago
Still Quite Good

I await the letdown in your writing and pacing, but so far, so good. This remains quite good.

SleeplessinMD2SleeplessinMD2almost 14 years ago
So Bill did not learn anything from his experience with Debbie?

You are a damn good writer but this Chapter run counter to the entire theme of the story. You introduces us to Bill a straight arrow guy fucked over by his bitch wife. Yes - bitch because as we learn thare is no rational reason why she treated Bill like cow dung. She decides that she deserves a better life after she is no longer needed by her kids and blames her unhappiness on Bill. She carves out a separate life without Bill and lol a stud appears to take her romantically away from her "dire" life situation. She conducts her emotional affair with Doug while she builds up courage to dump Bill. She trashes Bill in her e-mails to Doug telling him all about his inadequacies as a man and a husband. All the while maintaining the illusion with Bill that everything is ok. What she really wanted was to have Bill as a cuckold while she enjoys her studs but she knew that Bill would not stand for it. Bill finds out and take action to free himself from the bitch he won by being a hero. Now you are taking him down the same road as Doug - just another pussy hound. So he demonstrates his manhood by cheating with another man's wife. Classy - NOT!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Thank you

Excellent read. I give it ***** out of 5. Please continue with this tale as quickly as possible. Well written, good character development, and good story.

Thank you

POC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Why

"Because I know damn well what I felt back then. I did love you. "

Why did she love him. Was it just hero worship? Or was it in the dynamic personality of the man.

It is clear that the ending will find that "she is not in his league". He is a powerful and important man, a dynamo in the courtroom. But we haven't seen that dynamic in his personal life till this chapter. And then, just in the quick reflexes blamed on his Boxing training.

The next chapter should (hopefully) answer some of this question. It will be tough, DQS is too good, and will have to show us, not just tell us of his dynamism.

In the end, Bill will understand he is worthy of the love of a beautiful woman, but Debbi is not worthy of his love.

Good story, but your previous excellent work has set the bar high. And so far you are up to that lofty standard. Thank you.

JakeDKJakeDKalmost 14 years ago
Sigh...

This is a good novel -- it's well written and the charaters are developing nicely so far -- but it's a novel and thus not very well suited as a serialised story. There's been no real progress in Bill's or Debbie's characters over the last the 3 chapters; we are seeing the same thing again and again in different colors; Bill is still down on himself and Debbie keeps blaming Bill for everything. I could have accepted this if it was a book I was reading and I knew something more interesting would happen in a few chapters. As it is we're forced to wait for DQS1 to post each chapter and honestly it's just taking too long. I appreciate it takes time to write chapters as long and as well written as these WWWM chapters, but honestly the story should have been completed before DQS1 even started posting at all. Right now it just seems like it's all about stroking DQS1's ego. The individual chapters don't have enough action to keep people's attention (in my honest opinion, I realise I'm probably just speaking for myself) and 30-45 minutes of reading once every 7-10 days just can't cut it. As I said, I like this story. I like thinking about the characters and how they may develop. I like thinking about the end result of Bill's and Debbie's adventures, but I honestly don't want to keep doing that over the next 2 to 3 months before this story is finished. You shouldn't rush the story, though. It's important the story doesn't seem rushed when you've decided to write it in novel length. However, the pace is just too slow for me (the posting, not the story as such) so I'm going to wait a couple of months and then start over.

Best of luck with the rest of the story.

-Jake.

CarlosCCarlosCalmost 14 years ago
Help

I admit I'm not the most conscientious reader. I will skim through a paragraph or two if it is moving slowly or if I don't like what is occurring. <P>

This statement by Bill has been bugging me "I might be tempted by other women, was tempted by other women, but there was nobody – with maybe one longstanding exception – I'd ever wondered seriously about cheating with." Whom is he referring to? Did I miss something? I'm not about to re-read all ? chapters. (I have no idea how many there are with his numbering system) I doubt it was the woman Lew was joking about. Is this a bit of foreshadowing about some longtime friend who is going to make an appearance? Or just a throwaway line? <P>

I also don't read the comments thoroughly, so I apologize in advance if this has been previously discussed.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years agoAuthor
Update

As I've been doing lately, I'm using this comment section to give anybody interested a heads up on the next chapter of WWWM. I just turned in chapter 3D an hour or so ago so it should post Tuesday, July 13. As always, I regret that it takes so long to turn these out, and again, I hope those of you who are enjoying the story continue to do so.

Worry_BeadsWorry_Beadsalmost 14 years ago

Dear DQS.

I'm so glad you're continuing this marvelous and very satisfying story. For the most part, your characters grow in depth and interest, and the story line deepens as well. This is the first storyI search for when i bring up this site.

If others find the story boring or overlong, well then I suppose that's just the nature of this venue. If I were in your place when such comments arise, i would just remember the old Johnny Carson retort when he got booed by the off-the-street audience: "Remind me, how much did you folks pay to get in here."

I will miss this story when it is finished.

Worry Beads in VA

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
Time to post the next chapter

Dear DQS, It's time for your posting of the next chapter of this continuing, exceedingly well written and thought out surprise and suspense filled story. DQS you are amazing. You are an expert on north Florida life at the beginning of the 21 century a lot like writer John O'Hara was for Pennsylvania life and politics during the first half of the 20th century.

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
Rehnquist

I knew you were joking but I never wanted you to feel left out. I love your work.

DQS I love your story and chapter 3D is my most awaited sub-story on this site. Rehnquist is a superlative writer of note and I love his work, but I so much want this to be a FULL story. I am willing to wait and wait - obviously I have no other option.

Kudos.

vietvetvietvetalmost 14 years ago
Mousse9, Postscriptor, and especially for you my co conspirator:

Whom wants my take on the story.

To the analysis of Debbie: Debbie spent her time trying to make Bill jealous so he would pay attention to her. She would have had a better outcome of getting Bill to lose weight and spend time with her if when Bill was at home watching TV reruns and Debbie and the "CHILDREN" disappearing, because they didn't want to be constrained from doing things they shouldn't have been doing, she should have been trying to spend time with "HIM" (Bill) truing to seduce him instead of making an appointment to have sex on her terms.

I know, from being a healthy heterosexual male, that Bill would have responded to that approach much better and probably would have tried harder to please Debbie, instead of responding to a nagging, bitch of a shrew whom was out "screwing" around with other men and letting them rub their little peckers all over her, in front of Bill, and not.

As for cheating with Dougie, yeah it was coming because Debbie is a self centered bitch who really cares for none other than herself.

These are my opinions and I had no help deciding how to approach the subject of Debbie's attitude, but from the comments and the storyline so far I feel comfortable with this analysis and look forward to the next chapter.

Hurry, hurry, hurry, I'm going through withdrawal and am starting to get the DT'S

lheureauxlheureauxalmost 14 years ago
This story just keeps getting better and better!

I'm really enjoying all the twists and turns of the story. I adore Bill and even Debbie is getting to be more interesting as she is fleshed out more. Can't to see what happens with Aline. But I really hope Bill doesn't go there with her. She's married and I'd be disappointed with him if he had something in common with Doug, who I still believe is unprincipled for going after a married women, albeit, an unhappily married one.

Still, great story.

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
More about Debbie

I read a very well written and well thought out comment by Mousse about Debbie. I guess that everything came together for Debbie in 2005: she turning 40, was assigned an assistant named Dr. Doug Baker, her nights out without Bill are taking up a great deal of her time and attention, Bill is, as usual, working late and - just look at him, he's a physical mess: he'd make a good "before" model for a Nutrasystem Ad on TV.

Debbie seems to live for the now and the hell with tomorrow. But tomorrow always comes and with Debbie's mind-set, life is going to become progressively worst. By the time she is 60 (in 2025) she may not be able to attract many hard bodies at exclusive night spots in JAX. Bill will probably still be around but will he be available? Maybe what happened in his marriage to Debbie will serve as a warning to him not to remarry. But I believe that no matter what, if an emergency arose where Debbie needed him and some finance aid, Bill would, I surely be her savior once again. Bill will be Debbie "guardian angel" from here on in come hell or high water. Alimony was/is/will not be necessary.

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 14 years ago
Curiousss, I've Got Writer's Block!

That's why you haven't seen anything from me in awhile. I can't think of a complete story yet, though I'm working on two separate--and very long-- multi-installment stories. So that's why you haven't seen anything from me in awhile. Thanks, though, for even noticing!

And please note that I was joking with DQS1. That's why I used the--to me--hated "lol" at the end of my comments. I agree with the others that we all have lives to live and he should take his time and continue posting at his own pace.

Still, I really, really, really wish he'd hurry up!

Mousse9Mousse9almost 14 years ago
To PostScriptor

"As for Debbie; can you imagine her frustration that her soon-to-be-ex starts taking care of himself, losing weight, takes time off (granted under threat by his boss), and all of the things that she had TRIED to get him to do, but only after they are snarling at each other, deep in a divorce?"

This got me thinking a bit. One of Debbie's biggest gripes is that Bill's gotten flabby, and lost himself in his work, right? I'm merely speculating, since we'll never know, but what if Bill HAD taken care of himself, going to the gym, losing weight, spending more time with Debbie and the kids? Would Debbie NOT have cheated on Bill with Doug?

Personally, I think Debbie would STILL have done so. From the chapter where we first see a glimpse of what's going on in her head, we see that she feels she is ENTITLED to all the attention, that it is an entirely normal state of affairs that all men lust after her. That fighting off their groping hands would be an endless job, and thus she doesn't fight them off, but lets them grope and fondle her. And frankly, she likes the attention.

From Bill's point of view, Debbie has NEVER been the faithful wife he had wanted her to be (not that he was expecting her to be, we find out in later chapters). Not even at the very start, where Debbie claims to HAVE been in love with Bill.

So working out and paying more attention to Debbie would not have changed anything in the long term. It would only have postponed things, maybe.

Let's say you're a student and a teacher hates your guts. He'll give you a 5 no matter how hard you study or how well you do on your tests. Would you still study hard for his subject? No! You'd let it slide, knowing it would be wasted effort. Bill must've thought the same thing about Debbie. But now, with Debbie seemingly out of the picture, it WOULD be worth it, if only for his own selfesteem and selfworth. From the stories, we know Bill has always been utterly faithful, the Ice Man. So what would be the point of looking good if Debbie would still flirt around? What would be the point of looking good if all other women were off limits because he was married?

In a way, I'd almost find it funny that Debbie is now frustrated at Bill for doing the things she had always wanted him to do, but never did. Karmic payback for always flirting with other men even though Debbie knew Bill would not approve? Heh.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 14 years ago
Just a quick note...

If anyone wonders at the quality of DQS' work — how come we are almost all leaving MULTIPLE comments on his chapters. Hot damn — L.E. ought to open a separate board for this story! <br><P>

On a chapter related note: a lot of people are getting upset by the way that Bill and Debbie are acting, but I would like to relate an experience of my own. My business partner found himself in a divorce situation, and to be honest, he went a little crazy for awhile, and ended up destroying our partnership because he became pretty damn paranoid about everyone and everything. Only after he managed to make me withdraw from our partnership did he discover that our clients, the banks, our suppliers, etc., all worked with him because they trusted me to do the right thing, to make sure they would be paid on time and in the right amount, etc. <br><p>

So cut Bill some slack — he needs some time to regain his equilibrium in the story. As for Debbie; can you imagine her frustration that her soon-to-be-ex starts taking care of himself, losing weight, takes time off (granted under threat by his boss), and all of the things that she had TRIED to get him to do, but only after they are snarling at each other, deep in a divorce? <br><p>

I remain complete gobsmacked at DQS' willingness to create such a complex little world. The consistency issues of making sure that his stories agree with each other is mind boggling. Heck a lot of the time, writers mix up names or other really simple facts in a single story. DQS — Onward, I say!

vietvetvietvetalmost 14 years ago
JennyBear:

Just read your bIO, and ogled you photo, and I would like to say, that if I were and you were, I would definately ask you out.

Seperficial I know, but gal your HOT.

CarlosCCarlosCalmost 14 years ago

Bartolo, I hear what you’re saying about Debbie, an excellent analysis. I like slutty women but definitely wouldn’t want to be married to her. What bothers me about Bill is that he knew she had been whoring around in a fashion for years. It didn’t seem to bother him, till she said she didn’t love him anymore. Maybe it was finding out the truth in the emails that set him off. <P>

I don’t think Cyndi plays a part in all this. Read Kelly, Kelly’s earlier comment, she ends up with Lew after her divorce. The same goes for the Attorney General position, DQS1 is a romanticist. I’m with Jennybear on this one. Bill will ultimately get out of public service and get into a loving relationship. With whom is the question? <P>

Dragon, I agree with you completely, glad to see the distaff side represented here. I always enjoy reading Kelly, Kelly and Jennybear’s comments. They both seem to be very in tune with the story or the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Others in the story.

Dan and Caroline Jenkins from "The Dream Wife" meet Bill on board.

DragonOfTheWestDragonOfTheWestalmost 14 years ago
Sorry cpete, your Hitchcock moment came late

Another reader, Kelly_Kelly already pointed it out. It's really amazing to see that female readers are taking interest in Loving Wives stories. It speaks volume, DQS1, and also, the number of comments says that readers are very eager to know what will happen next.

You have taken the lead, DQS1, we have followed you. Don't stop now, and think about taking a turn. We will follow you till the end.

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
RE: Debbie Maitland

CQS is a superb writer of short stories; this may even turn into a long story, much as the author has implied. CQS has his north Florida where he's an expert; John O'Hara had Pennsylvania as the location for his stories where, in the first half of the 20th century, he was an histological expert.

I think at this point in our story that Debbie has second thoughts about the divorce. Bill was her knight in shining armor back at college. Her hero! She loved him (and was IN love with him), when they married and for 10 years thereafter. They have two teenage kids (Kelly and BJ) and Bill's a super bread winner. And now (July 12th 2005), he's even passed Debbie's "physical test": as he has acquired great pectoral muscles shoulder development, pretty flat abds, all just like she wants on her men; and he's losing the flabby middle age fat mass around his middle. But now, unlike for the past 3 months, he won't talk to her. And unlike those night club cowboys with their streamlined bodies, Bill could be hers for the rest of their lives, not simply for a night or two or even for 3 months. But it seems that Debbie still need some type of motivation for contacting and talking with Bill. It's hard for her to simply email Bill asking that they talk. I recall that after Debbie's long day with Lew Walters (Bill's divorce attorney)(Chapter 02D) she goes out of her way to find Bill (thanks to Cheryl) at Hurly's Gym at 9:00PM. They talk but Bill dismisses her before she has said what she came to say. Also, I remember that after Debbie had her phone conversation with her mother (Cathy; Chapter 03B) she again locates Bill, (thanks to Cheryl) and goes to his office - and again Debbie is dismissed by Bill and doesn't have the opportunity to say what she came to say. I guess that what goes around comes around - and NOW Debbie wants to reconcile whereas Bill wants to "play the field of available gals."

Bill has his pre-cruise encounter with Myra who indicates hers interest in him after the finalization of his divorce. And there is the beautiful but secretive Aline des Jardins. French women can be secretive, and they usually get what they want in life. During the 2nd world war, they were extremely effective resistance fights and got their "Free France." Isn't Aline spending a lot of time around Bill? She's a employee not a tourist on the cruise ship.

There is a second NEW gal Bill meets on the ship -Mrs. Cyndi Matthews. She seems to really admire Bill for his abilities as a lawyer. She regards him the best attorney around. Generally speaking though the best attorney in a state is its "top attorney," the State Attorney General. Bill may become that in the story.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 14 years ago
Just thinking

Kelly girl, you’re amazing, the Cyndi thing went right over my head. <P>

Q said this chapter was starting a new strand. Aline is the only new character of any consequence. So I must assume Bill is going to develop a relation of some sorts with her. Hmm, this is beginning to sound a little like “The Last Goodbye”. Will a life threatening event bring Bill and Deb back together again? <P>

I’m having a great time speculating where all this is going.

the_scribblerthe_scribbleralmost 14 years ago
Looking forward to more

Good effort. We learn more about Bill's character and his insecurities, but nothing new about Debbie because there is nothing more to her. She is a one trick pony with no depth. Her conversation with Bill at the beginning tels us everything we need to know about her. She waltzes into his office to ease her own conscience (under the pretense of concern for Bill) but the conversation ends up being all about her sexual needs and the size of Doug's dick. Whether or not her anger is behind this is immaterial...this woman has the emotional maturity of a thirteen year old girl.

Bill shows character and the depth of his hurt when he turns down an easy romp with the divorcee, and also his compassion when he consols the young Cyndi. He's been there and empathises with her pain. As for Aline, yes, he is falling into his own trap again, going for someone he feels is out of his league, but he honestly doesn't think he can have her. It is one thing to be searching for attractive company and another to think it will progress further than that. While she wears a weddding band, it may be a smoke screen as a number have commented. I would like to think that Bill has enough morals in him to avoid becoming a 'Doug', if indeed she is married.

Bill has built a wall around him, and I feel that is normal for someone who has had their life ripped apart. While some find solace in banging as many women as possible, some of us are so deeply hurt that we do our best to keep that pain from reoccurring. I went though a long period after my split where nothing worked down below, but it took a woman who I deeply cared for and who made me realise that she felt the same way to get things straight between us. It wasn't an overnight success and took a lot of patience on both our parts, but I totally understand Bill's reluctance and fears about putting himself out there and not being able to perform.

I look forward to coming installments. Funny, since I usually avoid these serialized stories. Personally, I'd like to see Bill keep his moral compass and happiness, but I don't want him to achieve that with Debbie. A woman that shallow and narcistic deserves a relationship as deep as she herself is.

Dr_KnowDr_Knowalmost 14 years ago
Excellent

I don't usually comment about other authors works, but in this case I make the rare exception.

This is an excellent effort! Well developed charcters, tight prose, always leaving the reader dangling about what will happen next.

Keep up the good work. And believe me, I now it is work.

Doc

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
This story...

...is bloody amazing. Your skill is bringing things together.

Very well done.

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
cpete, well done for your 'detective' work...

...about Cyndi. DQS1 announced his intention to weave his stories together, to make it an all-encompassing story. I missed it but I'm so glad you picked up on it. DQS1 I'm really intrigued by this little, almost inconsequential, titbit. Please continue your story at your own pace.

Your non-sycophantic, non-obsequious fan.

By the way I hate you.

Just thought you'd like to clear the fences and I didn't even say LOL.

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
By the way Rehnquist...

...I loved your last story. As you are excoriating DQS1 for not proceeding fast enough, where's YOUR next story? I appreciate the hell out of you too.

Sorry DQS1 for including this in your review board but Rehnquist (as I'm sure you know) has no small amount of talent himself.

{Partly lol!}

Best wishes both.

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
Strangely enough...

...from some of my previous comments, I agree with Harry on this one.

That was a reasoned, polite and thorough description of the scenario.

I have never disagreed with Harry's opinions, just his presentation, but that was good.

cpetecpetealmost 14 years ago
Hitchcock moment

I just picked up on Cyndi Matthews from your story THE LAST GOODBYE". Well played to get Cyndi character into this story.

cpetecpetealmost 14 years ago
Good for Dogs

If DQS1 is trying to soften Debbie-it does not seem to be working. Debbie keeps coming across more and more unlikeable. Bills comment about Debbie pretended loving him really hit the mark-hence Debbie’s reaction and rabid defense. Debbie LOVED what Bill had done in the frat house years ago. Debbie no doubt felt gratitude, safe and secure with Bill –but never love. (Joseph Stalin said “Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs”). I love how DQS1 in this chapter has Debbie blame the Emails-but not the fact that she (Debbie) WROTE the emails. As if the Emails were an organism with a life of their own. Debbie’s comments about Bill killing the marriage & her (Debbie) burying it + Bill losing weight, going on vacation and looking good now-show Debbie trying to rationalize her behavior and shift blame onto anyone but herself..

Enjoyed the first part of this chapter, but Bill time n the ship dragged a bit. I understand you are setting up Bill. However I did miss the normal segment dose of Debbie's POV and thought process she goes thru to reach her excuses and conclusions. Those segments are the real spice of your stories.

Quick correction for future-Cruise ships are not permitted to have their Casinos & shops open while the ship is in Port. The Port country allows the Cruise ship to dock so all the passengers can get off and unload their money. Port countries do not allow the ships to be competition. The shops and casino reopen when the ship reaches international waters

Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

great work! please take as long as you need to finish your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great Stuff

I love your realistic story lines.

I love that your characters have realistic emotions, and sometimes do stupid things, because thats what people - especially depressed people - sometimes do.

I love that your characters can have self-doubt, and sometimes not be able to rationalise their own actions.

I love that you have the confidence to write a virtually sex-free installment on a sex story site, because you know that eventually the sex will have more impact because its happening to a realalisic, multi-faceted character that us readers have come to know.

To the commenters who are making demands about schedules, updates and direction of the story line. Sorry?!!! Get real. If you want to control the pace and direction of a story, write your own and post it here, or pay a professional author to write you a story to order.

We're getting quality writing for free here, and all some ingrates can do is whine. Get some perspective!

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
Bill and Debbie - each ones future

Bill will most likely always remain secure. He'll stay at the courthouse as a State Assistant Attorney, or go into a private practice in jax: he may become for a period of years the State Attorney General (recall that he and Edwards have an agreement that if Austin Edwards decides to run for governor Bill will take over as the state's attorney general. He has become rather handsome and may have Aline, Myra, and Jessica Stephens to wine and dine. He'll be fine.

On the other hand, Debbie seems not to be planning for her future. She is an Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the UNF, and from what data DQS provides readers she teaches classes (lectures and directs discussion groups) and conducts some research in her area of expertise, business management. According to Doug, she could get a job in town in business management. Debbie fears that she may loss her faculty position, or at best remain an assistant professor for the remainder of her employment with UNF: this based upon that night when she and her men-tee, Dr. Doug Baker, had their kissing session at a faculty awards dinner in front of some thousand spectators. Debbie needs to get her act together. Soon her daughter and son will have left home for college and afterwords the rest of their lives.

I don't see Debbie losing her job over the extracurricular activities on awards night. There was no behavior displayed that would warrant a dismissal. There was no sex, just some kissing with nobody except Bill being offended. Anybody, UNF is a public state university which means that its President, Mr. Myers, cannot act unilaterally and dismiss her (or Doug). President Myers could prefer the matter to the academic senate at UNF and a committee of Debbie's peers will meet to consider the case. I would not expect any action beyond a warning of behavior unbecoming of a faculty member in public. That such behavior would not be tolerated in the future.

But Debbie's big problem is what's going to happen to her 30 or 40 years down the road when she's 60 or 70. Certainly much of her physical beauty

will fade, her waist may go from its current 28 into a 30's, her posture will not be as it now is, and arthritis will take its toll, and there will be unexpected health problems. Why is she divorcing Bill when her changes of a good life after 60 will greatly diminish without Bill. She will soon be losing the best thing in her life and she doesn't have a plan for her future. She's now going through life blindly thinking a lot about sex, her physical appearance, and the handsome tall and slender men who have wanted her in the past. I haven't noted any reference to Debbie's seeking help from a psychologist in the story; she really needs guidance or Cathy and Roy (Debbie's parents) may be getting a second daughter with behavioral problems: i.e., just like her sister Clarice).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous