All Comments on 'When We Were Married Ch. 06B'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 195 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

You're story is great. However, given the number of different but significant situations you continue adding, you're dragging things out too much. You've done a great job thus far with resolving each one, but as the story is coming to an end, you may have a lot of loose ends. That would be very disappointing in itself given how good a story you have so far.

AceAureliaAceAureliaabout 2 months ago

Wonderful story but it really dragged with the legal stuff. It took you a tad bit too long to progress the story (timeline wise) the first 4 chapters were 4 weeks…that’s RIDICULOUS

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It would be at this time that Bill would be put on a leave of absence (PAID) until he would be cleared to return to work. It would be at this time that most ANYONE would leave that job and find a safer job. After all....he has kids.

Bill would have PTSD from the gunshot. He WOULD be having severe issues with it. Nightmares, flashbacks, etc...

tsgtcapttsgtcapt7 months ago

Maybe, just maybe, Debbie is learning that she is not the rising sun?! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It only took you about 19 chapters to have Debbie wrestle with any serious pain like the shit she's heaped on Bill. it's not enough though, with only two sections to go, I'm not hopeful she'll ever come to grips with her selfishness, self-absorption and complete delusional understanding of herself and love. Still absolutely zero about her to think anything other than distain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't know how it's possible but you make me hate Debbie just a little bit more each time you write. Such a self-centered self-absorbed bitch!

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

No-one seems to be winning at the moment. Hope neither Debbie or Bill screw things up but I can see it happening.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

Ok. Who is the Old Man? It's possible he was introduced before and with all the twists and turns in this story each of which has grabbed my attention so that I just don't renember he was, but it seems like a minor but very significant figure with an intriguing backstory that isn't fully explained has suddenly been introduced to take care of a significant threat to Bill and his family. Unless there is more filled in on this, it's too much like the cartoon I saw of two professors staring at a chalkboard with a very complex mathematical equation being worked out towards the end of which the words "a miracle happens here" are inserted. If I haven't missed something and that is what us actually being done, that is a very weak and lazy device to quickly clean up a problem the author didn't want to deal with after introducing. Still a damn good story, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know there are more volumes on Kindle but will the story ever be finished. Seems unlikely.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

OMG continually gets better and better and more twisted plot lines.

immagetitimmagetitalmost 2 years ago

There’s a bit of trepidation reading this knowing that there are two chapters left

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Helluva gud tale. Thanx. LP

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

And now Bill is in great demand, gonna wind up with Myra which will bug the hell out of Debbie. Some women never learn. Sex is not the driving force in a marriage, caring and respect is. when woman decides her man isn't man enough or she wants check the grass on the other side of the fence it is all over and the man is cast aside like a worthless piece of shit. Like she wants is some new pretty boy that makes her feel sexy and desirable, I know, it happened to me, her excuse for leaving was "she fell out of love", bull shit, she just wanted more sex and adoration. Oh well, on to the next one, whoever that may be!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Still a very good story which has kept me riveted for two days now. One thing that the author isn't addressing is when Debbie sees the psychiatrist Teller he's not examining her need for sex and her high sex drive. Debbie exhibits an almost classic mental/emotional problem that some people have that shows itself as sexual dependency. For Debbie sex is fulfilling some sort insecurity she feels and she has had this throughout her life according to her story since she was 13. For any psychiatrist it would be the focus of any treatment but the author has ignored this aspect.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 3 years ago

Good plot, well written, keeps me reading. The only thing that confused me was ‘the old man’. Where did he come from? Or have is missed something? 5 stars.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 3 years ago

This just gets better and better! You’re one hell of a writer!

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Payback and revenge are bitches, suffer Debbie, you fool, you deserve to.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Excellent writing as usual, Trying make Debbie a little more human is a waste of time. The way bill learned about her cheating and she planned to leave him was cruel. Their is no coming back from that. Especially the big dick remarks from Debbie and her going to Doggie's aid after the fight. Yeah, she's got problems and gets jealous when someone sets eyes on the man she threw away. Stupid. She only wants him back cause he looks better and other woman want him.

The last two chapters were great, some good humor and the mexican standoff, very fun. Your writing is good. Oh!! And now Myra? Keep goin'!

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Reconciliation??

Hope and Pray that Bill does NOT reconcile with the Slut!!!!

lisablissfullisablissfulabout 4 years ago
Great Story

Great story, so well written, I never want to put it down. I certainly don't want it end. It's obvious that they will end

Still estranged, but loving parents. I still want to bang their heads together and make them see sense, neither will be happy with another person, they should give it another chance.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Better yet

I really enjoyed this chapter, it left us all hanging and Deb is getting what she wants, her college years back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Re: sbrooks103x

This time I found your comments Before I started mine and again you pretty much echoed what I was going to do. So, I'll just say this "Fuck me and I don't even like Cappuccino." I'm having to type this pretty much one handed thinking about Aline and Myra's finger, Bill's not the only one having trouble standing up. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Unfortunately...

I've got a feeling how this is going to end? Bill getting back with Debbie! Let's face it she really is a fucked up slut/whore and could't be trusted to keep her legs closed! So why oh why would Bill get back with her? In real life he wouldn't.... but DQS always has these whores get back with their old husbands...unfortunately!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WOW

I couldn’t stop reading. I really enjoyed your talented writing and creativity. Thanks! Lol.... from one of those guys who get on here to do nothing but jerk off

NonSequitourNonSequitourabout 5 years ago

When Bill started working out, one weekend he got his head shaved and randomly picked all black to wear Monday morning. It made a big impression.

So now it's Edwards' idea after he survives the big shootout. What gives?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Glad I found your story

Most of the bad comments must be from guys searching for a quick masturbation, probably used to find some time away from the wife to jack off... None of those see the deep in the characters and the pain Debbie goes through, people, emotional scars are real, and judging someone before knowing the whole story only proves how short minded you are.

DanielQSteele1 your an awesome writer, thanks for the ride so far, I'm only hopping that the story gets closure in the remaining 2 chapters.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Re read. Still Epic, excellent, and at times, exasperating

On this re read dummy me just realized part of Deb's punishment is, to lose/not be enough to hold, the men she has

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sheesh

like i said earlier, debbie is one broken soul. very emotionally stunted.

you made me like her a lot more though. she seems to be trying for once in her life to establish a real identity. she's lived her whole life barely awake at all, a lot like her ex bill actually. i thought she was the energetic one, but her mind is extremely lazy when it comes to introspection on....literally anything. just like bill was a physical sloth.

i can't see them ever getting back together though. she can grow up at light speed, and bill seems to have owned up to his flaws many chapters ago. but the way she broke it off with him.....oof

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Ugh! still a 5!

But Debbie is still unredeemed.

She is such a pathetic slut that she gets jealous of women paying attention to the man she totally humiliated and betrayed as she threw him away all the while she is constantly fucking another man and has been fucking other men since way before she was divorced!

I'm not sure if she is a villain but maybe just short of one only because she is so damned pathetic!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Idiotic!

Whats brillant to need so much paper for your message of "cuckold/wimp" it is and remains a cheap crap story!!!

BusyAfternoonBusyAfternoonabout 7 years ago
Brilliant

You are a very talented writer, I found myself skipping the sex scenes and back stories so that I could stay with the story.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
A steady diet of 5*s from me

If I have noticed anything to critique it be a few typos and a bandying about the term Ms. and Mrs.. I'm not real hip...maybe there is no difference. That is all the criticism I can give to your wonderful story. Write on! Can't wait to read the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Men Want To Have Sex With Her...

But no man wants a long term relationship with Debbie. I guess that does make her a whore!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

"artificial cow bone to fill in the large groove" - Artificial cow bone? If it's artificial, wouldn't it be artificial human bone? And if it's cow bone, why would it be artificial?

"although he claims to have been discrete, I know who they are - many of them." - Before she said he WAS discrete, now she's saying that he only CLAIMED to be discrete, but she knows many of them.

MullendersMullendersalmost 8 years ago

sbrooks103x

becouze now the old man and he are just talking.

but when the old nab truly comes in to action for him they will be bound together for bether or worse

and i am inclined to beleave that a man that could build a crimenal Enterprise like he did should be smart enough to notice that

so at that point there are only 2 ways to proceed kill him ore recruit him

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

"But, goddammit, she thought, at some point you have to grow up" - I know she's talking about his "Saint Bill" stuff, but doesn't stop to think that "growing up" also means that you no longer rub your tits on guys or let them rub their cocks on you!

"Why are you crying for someone you don't love anymore?" - Besides what she said, that you can still LOVE someone that you're not IN love with, you don't have to love someone to cry for them!

I don't quite understand the deal with the "Old Man". If HE owes Bill, why would he own Bill if he avenged Bill's family? Wouldn't that just be repaying the debt?

"He is...he is still at his office" - Probably cheating on her!

"I can't say what will happen if you decide to come back, but I know what I feel right now." - In other words, if it takes too long, he might be with someone else, but if she came back now, he would be hers.

"Like they say, if you can learn to fake modesty, you can do anything." - I COULD be wrong, but I think the actual expression is: "Sincerity is everything, if you can fake that you've got it made!"

"Don't you feel a little guilty about keeping the poor girl hanging like that?" - Actually, it's more like Aline keeping HIM hanging as long as she stays with Philippe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Once again

Once again you give us hope for Bill and Aline. I at least hope to get Debbie out of the picture. Shes fucked hundreds of men and there should be no forgivness to the slut. I keep hoping for things to work out with Aline but I don't know your thoights

Dragonfire14Dragonfire14over 8 years ago
Faux Pas

For the most part I like your writing. But when Aline called while Bill was in the hospital, any decent man would have taken the call in private just as he did with 'The Old Man'. How it played out made sense if only Debbie was with him. But with BJ and Kelly there, he should have had more decorum and asked them for privacy.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
the old man

injects yet another direction for this saga

tompo296tompo296about 9 years ago
When will she learn

I have read this story so far without stopping formulating my opinions but after certain parts of the story and talking out loud at myself I have had to comment

October 1, 2005 -- 11:55 p.m.

"oooohhhhhhh..." she said, letting out a long shuddering breath. She lay against him, her breasts flattening against his chest, feeling his hard maleness beginning to soften

God Debbie you are still acting like a damned slut! Are you so enamoured by your Aunt Clarice that you want to emulate her?. Do you remember how you found her in that restroom? Remember you thoughts on how her appeared body was? Come on Debbie get you head together, bite your tongue, curb you jealousies and talk to Bill

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I read this once before and am again disappointed at the ending.

Debbie, the slut of sluts, gets left alone so she can go back to barhopping or screwing all the younger lawyers until she gets too old and scraggy to get their attention. I guess with big tits she can still bring them in for a while. She did Bill wrong, communication would have been a good thing. Instead of going out dancing and letting men rub on her and giving hand jobs through the man's pants she should first have talked to Bill about him getting sloppy fat and that she was losing interest. At least that way he would have had a chance to straighten up. Instead she just fucks around on him, one way or another. Of course, this is just a story but I do not care for a bitch like this.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@kjohns2001

Yes, he loves Aline, but unless/until she leaves Phillipe (and she won't, because of Andre, Phillipe would have to leave HER) she is unattainable for him.

As far as Myra goes, she was always on his radar, but he was, he thought, happily married, then involved with Aline, and she was presumably involved with his boss. Both of those conditions have changed, and he certainly had no issues with Debbie's physical attributes, so going with a woman similarly endowed shouldn't be an issue.

BTW, Debbie's attitude re Myra: "And seeing him flirting with that fucking cow at the Starbucks had left her pissed for the rest of the day." is amusing given her pride in her own udders!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
only four stars

Only four stars this time. Why? Aline. The rest of it was worth of five stars, but, to have Bill go from telling her he loves her and would be there if her marriage broke apart to suddenly chase after the mirror image of his ex? That is too much even for a story. He would literally have to betray EVERYTHING that makes him him to do that.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Aline?

Why does Bill seem to be dismissing the idea of being with Aline?

He's told her openly he loves her, her husband knows about them and it appears her marriage may not survive, so why isn't she more of a possibility?

smokepolesmokepoleover 10 years ago
losing ground fast

This "chapter" has hit the zenith of absolutes.

How can Clint be the "best" friend when for 20 years Bill was. A couple of weeks of screwing and he's suddenly the "best" friend she ever had (male or female as quoted) even though earlier her Aunt Clarice was the "Best" friend/ almost mother...

how many times does bill have to boringly ask in an "oh so sophomoric way" if myra isn't involved with Austin? The redundancy is ridiculous to imagine as this man is an attorney who 'wins' cases and sways jury opinion, yet cannot go more than two pages without asking somebody else if she's the "big man's piece". Yukk who ghost wrote this chapter?!

This was most disappointing in the course of events, but you now see the faults of having a story run too damned long (and apparently not rereading the previous chapters before continuing writing).

IMHO

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
The more I read

The better it gets. The character development is brilliant, you can really believe in these people. In just a few sentences, or even a few words, you create a whole history and a whole world. Writing at it`s best.

Debbie is still a self absorbed slut. Literally any cock will do. All a guy has to do is stare at her long enough and he will get a free ride. She`s hung up on Bill because he was able to get on with his life after SHE threw him away. She hoped he would spend the rest of his life pining away for her because she thinks she is a walking goddess. She can`t understand why any man wouldn`t want her. Bill doesn`t want her, so she hates him, while now wanting him more. Women like her can have any man they want, but the men are drawn to the look,the body. It`s instinct. But the men don`t stick around, because no matter how good looking she is, she can`t hide her true inner ugliness for long. So she is used by those guys, who then go in search of what they really want, a loving and honest woman to spend the rest of their lives with.

The Debbies of this world are born with a natural advantage, which they very quickly learn to use to their own advantage, but they never learn how to be a REAL woman, so they become very shallow, and always end up alone and hateful, while the women that couldn`t compete in youth have learned and matured and grown into wonderful loving and REAL women find a nice guy and end up happy for life.

That`s probably overly romanticised on my part, but there is still an element of truth in what I have written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
why???

whatta waste of bandwidth

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a zero

She's lived her whole live thinking her shit didn't stink . She never had to become a person. Her beauty, truly, is only skin deep. Inside she is dark, petty and ugly...She has no clue what giving ones self, means.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
A beautiful story. This is the second time i have read it.

I was afraid he would end up with that Slut Debbie again, she will always be a slut even though she still loves Bill (in her own way). Any woman that would fuck around on her husband (in their bed, I think I gathered) on the rumor that he was unfaithful to her and that she was just plain bored should be shot. She should have communicated with him, told him of her feelings of boredom and asked him about the rumors of his being unfaithful. Evidently she was restless and just looking for an excuse.

I am surprised she lasted that long. Yes, I know it is just a story (and a very good one, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Still in the Darkness

Women seem to think they will always be 20 and hot. By 40 they are still prime, just not in their prime. And once they not only cheat on their husbands, but go off with the man who beats him up and then bring the cheater into the marital bed, well that sort of gets around.

ThreeDayThreeDayover 12 years ago
Gripping

This story long ago ceased to be erotic, if it ever was. But the characters are so developed I keep coming back. This is a story, a novel and it's raw and interesting and I appreciate it. I've kept thinking Debbie and Bill will get back together, and now I realize they likely aren't. Their mistakes -- her idiocy -- have likely set their mess in cement. I can barely believe Bill will end up with Myra; but Aline appears out of the picture. Mona? That would be too much. I hope Lew and Mona can keep the fire burning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Best scene in Literotica

The phone call between Bill and the Old Man

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Be patient

This is an incompletely posted novel with many characters. The Author evidently did not have all his chapters edited or completed prior to releasing it, so is doing it as he goes. That must take up a lot of his time. He may even be reading comments and changing characters as he goes to bedevil us and keep us guessing as to which direction he is going. I could see doing that. Then you guys and gals couldn't dissect it and predict the endings so easily. Plus you can't go to the end to see if you were right and not bother to read the whole thing if it didn't end the way you wanted. In my own futile attempts at creating a novel over the last 6 years I have rewrote it many times looking for something I could submit that would be read like this one is. After reading Steele's "When we were married" I have discovered I would rather follow his submissions. Writing a good novel is too much work for me as I do not have the training or education to build and write a story easily. I imagine that many readers and commenters are in the same boat. That is probably why it is easier to just comment as to our own feelings about how we see things. There is no doubt that if he submitted it to be published that it would be shorter and cleaned up so as to progress more swiftly. Submitting it to us by chapter in a rough draft is not all that bad. At least we are getting it in his words. I think we all have to admit he is talented! In a way, this is like reading several stories as they come out. You know,like we do when surfing this site. I find that going back and rereading it during the wait for new chapters gives me a better grasp of the story. Just like rereading a good novel does! To be honest...I have never met women like the ones described here and I have been married to two beautiful women! I have yet to meet one as addicted to sex as these are. But then I was born during WWII and was much like the old Bill before he became a stud. I concentrated on providing for my family and going forward in my career. You know what though? My first wife started seeking younger studs as well when I neglected her!!! And 30 years later she still maintains she loves me...

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
So one last question

How many men does she have to arouse in public arenas to qualify as a 'slut'? She as much as said she wanted it on multiple occasions. She missed the thrill of being chased. Of having the many sizes and shapes.

She either has too much character to give in to her sluttish ways, or she lacks enough courage to do what she desperately wanted.

She is...not exactly a slut, but she's certainly of questionable value.

Dinging Aline does not make Debbie look good. She is not. She's pretty horrible morally.

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Okay. Let's talk context

She's freely admitted she's always been interested in getting a reaction out of men. Of going out and driving them crazy. Of letting them rub against her and making her hot. It's there in black and white.

And it seems that she's been allowing this to happen to her for 13 years of her marriage. The last four, she ACTIVELY PURSUED THEM to do this, while masturbating a couple guys through their pants.

She rationalized it being sexually aroused by other men, men whose cocks she loves, who wants to do art exhibits of tumescent cocks if she had the talent, as okay since she took her passion gotten from other men to her husband's bedchamber.

This doesn't really wash.

Slut? Maybe a self controlled one. She confesses she was in her 'wild days', something glossed over.

Aline did not seek out an affair of the heart. She got one anyway. Neither did Bill. It happened, they know it was wrong and they...still let it happen. That does not make Bill or Aline sluts or whores. If Alinie broke the deal, it is because love snuck up on her.

For 4 years, Debbie sought out men to cock tease, wishing she had the courage to either divorce or cheat on her husband.

Who is the better person? I've made my choice

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
@FD45

According to a Supreme Court ruling, context is decisive.

The context of my remarks to Vietvet had to do with whether or not Debbie was a whore and a slut. Vietvet contended that Debbie fucked Dougie BEFORE the were separated and therefore a whore/slut while I saw evidence that Bill had separated from Debbie before she fucked Dougie.

This disagreement arose when I contended that Aline was a bigger slut that Debbie. Aline's agreement with her husband, spoken or otherwise, had sex with discretion outside the marriage be OK. Affairs of the heart blatantly public with a celebrity such as the Angel of Death is outside their agreement. By the way vietvet has strict morale values that would make Debbies a piece of shit in his eyes but not necessarily in the eyes of others. I respect those values. I contend that Bill and Debbie had an unspoken agreement about her behavior. This unspoken agreement was revealed in a day dream Bill had on the Bonne Chance involving Debbie. Others might shift their assessment of Debbie if their agreement allowed for some of the activities that seem slutty

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
shoe

You are incorrect. Debbie had engaged in actions and wrote words which indicated to everyone that her marriage was over.

She wasn't pushed into acting that way at the dinner and no one at her table was surprised at her actions. These two were 'an item'. It was only a shred of self respect that kept her from humping Doug; the desire not to be 'The Scarlet Woman'.

Everything she wrote in her emails indicated that she would be filing as soon as she worked up the courage and that she not only didn't love her husband but that she was contemptuous of him.

Now, she said she begged her husband to work out. She begged him to go to parties he hated so he could watch her rubbing against cocks I suppose.

I never heard that she said: "Bill, I'm desperately unhappy with my marriage and I want to fix it. Get your lardy ass out of bed and go with me to a gym and a marriage counselor or we're finished."

No...she just...let...it...die. Should she have had to do all the heavy lifting? No. But SHE initiated this, not Bill. Bill was did not know how she felt because DUM DUM DUM she didn't tell him!

No, she did the whole 'he should be able to see how I feel because men are well known for being telepathic.'

But keep trying.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
@vietvet

Yes Bill did leave before Debbie fucked Dougie. He left after reading the emails. When Debbie and the children got home from spending that weekend with her parents, they found his note and wedding ring. In a conversation with her father he asked him to tell her he wasn't coming back and to tell her from him: "Fuck you!" With all the hateful things being said between them, it is no surprise she gave it up to Dougie after the fight at the Awards Banquet.

Vet, I'm not saying Debbie was Miss Goody two-shoes but she wasn't or didn't leave Bill for Doug -- either for his love or his cock. No question she enjoyed his 8" cock and his 28 year old body but it was after it was all over but the legal process. Technically she did screw him before she filed for divorce but it was after they had separated.

When I read Chapter 1 I was shocked at some of her behavior even if she didn't go all the way with anyone. I was also shocked by Bill's way of speaking to her. His language and manner of speaking made it seem to me that he wanted out of the marriage more than she did.

vietvetvietvetalmost 13 years ago
Sorry:

I meant Dougie!

vietvetvietvetalmost 13 years ago
Slut?

Shoe:

I presume that you know that the word refers to quality and not quantity?

I also am disappointed that being close to a stud like bill would make you lustful. I really didn't think you swung that way.

vietvetvietvetalmost 13 years ago
Bill is a woos and a wimp?

Bill confronts Debbie and Dougie at the banquet, kicks Dougie's ass, is restrained by Dougie's friends, Debbie chooses to humiliate bill by choosing Dougie over Bill, Bill kicks Dougie's ass again and bill is a wimp?

Maybe you should un-insert your head, take a look in the daylight, and take a sniff of some good fresh air to clear your head then reconsider.

Bill a wimp? Don't think so.

vietvetvietvetalmost 13 years ago
Parsing of words?

Shoe:

Bill did not leave until after Debbie fucked Dougie the night of the banquet which was definitely while she was still married to Bill AKA The Angle of Death, so thus your other arguments are wrong by default.

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
I have to add to shoe

The fact she was jerking off guys at parties and lap dancing them until they came in their pants really speaks well of her character. First rate. I had forgotten that part of the story.

As stated: Aline slept with two people besides her husband. (Not defending that at all)

What was Debbie's excuse? Bill sleeping around? Not playing 'hide the salami enough'? Okay. That is, I suppose, license to jerk guys off.

I see the bathroom situation with Aunt Clarice as particularly influential on her behavior, btw. Where Clarice was, there would go Debbie. She too would get old. Her boobs would bet caught in her pants zipper eventually. She would age and sag and rot...and she was way too young for that! It's time to get living!

So she started jerking guys off and then found a young seducer. WHY did she suddenly get angry with Bill? Because as soon as she left him, she realized that she had put herself more firmly on the track to Clarice-dom then anything else. She was now divorced, could not expect the young studs to keep after her and Doug wasn't...loyal. She had cast herself adrift and it was ALL HER FAULT! Not content with self respect, an intact family and a respected and loving husband, she looked elsewhere.

Now instead of blaming herself (though a glimmer of self reflection is starting to flash in her head), she's blaming Bill for not being absolutely everything she thinks she deserves.

Well, she's getting what she deserves...

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Size14Shoe

I don't think Debbie is as horrible as a lot of people but you are, IMO, defending the indefensible.

Let's start with the title: "When we were married" This whole imbroglio started when she told her husband in a Freudian slip exactly where she thought their relationship was: in the past. This was not lost on Bill.

So he left his ring behind and essentially stole a march on Debbie. SHE wanted to be the bomb dropper, not the one being blindsided (as she CLEARLY stated in her emails)

As far as the 'friends' issue. Tell me, do you shave your genitalia for many of your 'friends'? Do you tongue kiss a lot of 'friends' in the driveway? How about dirty dance with 'friends' in front of co-workers that also know your husband?

What you accuse Aline and Bill of, is exactly what Debbie was doing: conducting an affair of the heart with someone not their spouse. The fact that she hadn't (yet as she freely admits) swapped fluids with him was a technical detail which was way too long in coming in her opinion.

So what exactly was Bill supposed to do, in your opinion, when according to her emails and her humiliating actions at the University, she had one more nail to put into the coffin of their marriage?

If your wife tells you 'I don't love you anymore and it's over' what exactly is there left to discuss?

She left him no room to manuver. IF there wasn't a Doug, he had a shot. But she went out and found a Doug. She SPECIFICALLY went out and found a replacement. This 'didn't just happen'.

And as far as 'cute comments' go, she's worked very hard to emasculate her husband in just about every conversation she's had with him. That he returns fire is good for him. HE didn't cheat. HE didn't look for a replacement. HE didn't go out to look for a better love. Even when he went out on the boat. Neither did Aline.

So you are comparing apples and oranges here.

I WILL give Deb credit. She did not allow Doug to disrespect Bill in their bedroom. She also held her kid's welfare over that of getting wild raging orgasms (Something she made sure to mention to Bill...Fuck her!) Besides that? If she had kept her Doug thing quiet, divorced Bill and gone on her way, she'd have been okay. That was not the case. Everyone at the University knew they had a relationship. She purposefully humiliated herself and her husband.

In closing: Fuck Her! She isn't a slut. But she's a miserable human being in many regards.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
@ursusRhere

Debbie was not unfaithful during her marriage to Bill -- at least not until Bill left and declared an end to the marriage. She fucked Doug for a short time after the separation and she had a friends with benefits relationship with Cliff after she kicked Doug to the curb. Where do you get your ideas that she "blew it away for nothing more than big dicks and variety."

BTW not accusing Myra but for all we KNOW Myra by be pulling trains every weekend. She admits to playing around away from the office. Do her humongus tits qualify her for the brass ring. Bill apparently thinks so.

[ursusRhere says, "Am in total agreement it should be Myra to catch the brass ring. I don't really see Aline being one to be monogamous down the line. And Debbie? She had her chance to be a faithful and loving wife and blew it away for nothing more than big dicks and variety."]

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
@vietvet

Thanks for putting your argument in words instead of name calling and personal attack like so many who take the side you are taking.

Aline and Philleppe's agreement was for sex with others. Affairs of the heart like she had with Bill, were never on the "approved list of activities". As for Bill, he moved out, leaving the note and his wedding ring for her to find. He told her and her parents he was not coming back and the marriage was over. Debbie did NOT have a sexual relationship with anyone outside her marriage before Bill moved and said the marriage was over. There is no comparison to what Aline did and what Debbie did. Don't even try to claim an affair of the heart with Doug. All the evidence indicates it was anything but that.

Bill is a wuss and a wimp. If he was a man, he would have at least tried to save his marriage. He seemed more interested in insulting Debbie with his clever smart-assed remarks than he was in saving Debbie. His thoughts, words and deeds indicated that he loved Debbie and was very hurt by her screwing Doug AFTER she and Bill separated. Yet he fell in love with Aline as soon as he spoke to her. Very immature reaction.

After screwing Doug until she found Kelly trying to fuck Doug, Debbie developed a 'friends with benefits' relationship with Cliff. Those are the only 2 men this supposedly slut and whore as fucked and never both at the same time period. She was a poor excuse for a slut, based on her activities.

I don't like some of the things she did and I'm sorry Bill was too fucking lazy and too fucking dumb to do what it takes to keep his marriage intact. Let's be honest here. You need to fuck around to be a slut and whore. Whatever she is, she is unfairly called a slut or whore based on her sexual activity.

In discussing Debbie we should restrict our attributing actions to Debbie to those that DQS has designated, not to the ones that we who comment say she did.

The most damning thing Debbie did was the email thing. Doug was assigned to her to mentor. OVER TIME, a long time, they became close friends. I suppose that being that close to a stud like Doug, lust would come into play. (It would for me.) Yet even with everything that was going down in her marriage, she remained faithful to Bill. Bill had every right to be pissed at the email content and the revealing conversations that took place. He would have had that same right if it were a female friend.

For Debbie to be a slut and whore the commonly accepted definition for slut and/or whore have to be changed. "Slut" and/or "whore" name-calling by people who comment on Loving Wife stories seems to applicable to any woman who leaves a man under any and all circumstances regardless of her sexually activity or lack thereof.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Yikes, now Shoe's trolling for attention?

Pathetically, the combined intelligence scores of delusional Shoe and the clueless Wonder-one is still in negative territory. Shoe - trolling for adverse comments puts your unsustainable creditability at zero once again. Curious as to why you go to such extremes to humiliate yourself?

vietvetvietvetalmost 13 years ago
Shoe:

The difference concerning Debbie and Bill, Ailene and Philippe is called an agreement.

Thus Debbie with no agreement with Bill is A slut, and Ailene has an agreement with Philip thus consent to have a different partner when at sea.

I really want know if you ar4e yet dizzy and having a hard time standing up as the shit you are spinning at a supersonic pace seems to have rotted your brain.You really should go back and reread the story to understand the real content of the story and not your fantasy of what is.

Thanks for your comments: Tom AKA Vietvet

bartolobartoloalmost 13 years ago
Size 14 Shoes

Actually, your right, it's not proven that Debbie's problems with Bill had their origins with Aunt Clarice reaction to her own divorce. But recall that what bothered Dr. Teller, and also Debbie, was what had precipitated her extreme anger directed at Bill. It did not fit in with Debbie's history. If anything it should be Bill that is angry toward Debbie for her replacing him with Doug Baker and this in Bill's own home.

By elimination, Dr. Teller concluded the the anger was transferred to Debbie who was easily influenced by Aunt Clarice. Clarice declared that Bill was just like Clarice's ex, Frank. Clarice concerned all men were like Frank: they could not be trusted. Clarice also told Debbie that Bill probably isn't working when he's at work evening; he's screwing women there.

The psychoanalysis of Debbie provided some evidence supporting this conclusion. But you are right, Phil - there is no definitive evidence that Debbie's psychoanalysis and treated helped. But Debbie's episodes of nausea and vomiting stopped soon afterwards. This subject is discussed in Chapter 05C, (see page 3).

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
@Bartolo

Without going back and re-reading a LOT of WWWM I question your assertion that Debbie's behavior over the last 4 years of her marriage to Bill was influenced by her aunt. If what you meant was her relationship with Bill was influenced by her aunt I would agree but not her overall behavior.

There is one aspect of their relationship that has NOT often been mentioned that I would like to bring to light. Think back to Bill's first days on the Bonne Chance and his day dream about Debbie. It had to do with her going for coffee and danish for their breakfast wearing a T-shirt, braless, (that thought takes my breath away) and bringing it back to their quarters, Bill's apparent approval or OKness with that activity, and his getting the benefit of her being turned on by the looks she got. Would you say that there was an agreement about her flirtatious behavior? Much has been said about Aline screwing around (fucking) being OK because of her and Philleppe's agreement to an open marriage. BUT Debbie's behavior is described as whorish. There seems to be a very different standard for Aline and that used for Debbie's behavior.

bartolobartoloalmost 13 years ago
I agree with size 14 shoe

I also agree with Size 14 Shoe about Debbie. I'd like to add that Debbie's behavior during the last 4 years of her marriage might, at least in part, be explained by what Dr. Teller uncovered from his psychoanalysis of Debbie, namely, that she was under the "spell" of her late, much loved Aunt Clarice. Debbie is a very bright lady; also she continues to support Bill after their divorce. I question Debbie's remark (which she often states) that she no longer love Bill THAT WAY. I recall that Debbie's mother, Cathy, also questioned her daughter's remark. If this were true, why is Debbie always chasing after Bill: at the courthouse, policeman's hall (EOP), and most recently Starbucks. I don't buy Debbie's statement that while she doesn't love Bill, she doesn't want other women to have him. I don't buy her analogy to the dog and his bone story. Clearly, Debbie needs more sessions with Dr. Teller. If appropriate later, Debbie and Bill could jointly have sessions with Dr. Teller.

Myra could become a new, interesting and seemingly exciting addition to Bill's social life in upcoming chapters. I like her quick mind (responses) and sense of humor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

size14shoe's comment is as stupid as his name. You made Aline like Cleopatra and Debbie as Mother Teressa, wow!

curioussscuriousssalmost 13 years ago
size14shoe...

...I agree with you about Debbie's character. She was never promiscuous while in a committed relationship, except for the last 4 years of her marriage, when she participated in jerking guys off, etc. Even then, she never gave up actual sex until Doug. Events have shown she didn't actually fuck anyone else until Doug, and then only after she'd filed for divorce.

I can't defend her actions overall during that period, but she was looking for vicarious thrills before she decided to end her marriage, not necessarily to be with Doug, but it was a huge part of her timing.

Where I do take exception to your comments is over Aline. She confessed to Bill that she had slept with 2 other men - not hundreds - during her time on the Bonne Chance. In no way was she a slut for that. Married to the philandering Philippe, knowing what he was up to all the time they were separated by her being on the ship, I think she showed remarkable restraint tbh. I think she genuinely found a spark with a decent man, Bill, and had it not been for her son Andre, I think she would have been as committed to Bill as he would have been to her.

Ah well, it's all conjecture - the future still beckons and I honestly have no idea what that future will be.

TigerDanTigerDanalmost 13 years ago
WOW.....

Damn Shoe, that's a lot of really good bait.

Think you'll catch anything?

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
June 1, 2011

Alas, we didn't get 6C in May.

What's with all the bad wishes for Bill? So many people seem to want to see him hooked up permanently with Aline. She's fucked dozens of different men while on the cruises. It only took her a day or 2 to hook Bill. Sure she's hot pussy but really... Aline for life? Get real. Debbie's not on the slut scale with Aline.

Aline cheated big time on her husband when she had the romance going with Bill. "But what she got on cruises don't count since she and Phillippe had an agreement." Really? Think she'll want to give up that strange cock? That itch will need scratching. A dog that'll bring a bone will take a bone. She'll cheat on Bill's ass, too, if the old saw, "Once a cheater, always a cheater" is true. I'd take my chances with Debbie before I'd trust Aline to keep her well spread legs together.

And you think she's so much better than that slut/whore Debbie? Debbie has fucked 2 guys during the year since she separated from Bill. I know everybody THINKS she has fucked more but according to DSQ1, it's just been Doug and Cliff. Oh, but she cheated EMOTIONALLY with Dougie Boy before she and Bill broke up and least we forget a couple of handjobs through the trousers. WOW!!

Seems like every woman Bill's interested in is some how already hooked up. Maybe he can tap Mona when his friend, Lew, is out of town. Now that he knows Myra is not fucking her boss, will Bill lose interest there? The only married woman he wasn't interested in fucking was his own wife, Debbie. If he had shown half the interest in being with and fucking her he showed in being with Aline, he'd still be married to Debbie.

The thing that makes Debbie look as bad as she does is that WWWM is told looking through Bill's eyes -- his point of view. Sure she did some things that wouldn't pass the "husband test." We can criticize her and call her names because she wasn't Ms Pure heart towards the end of her marriage, but every man on this list knows that if you ignore your woman for fucking years, YEARS, you can expect trouble.

Frankly, I thought she held out far longer than could be reasonably expected. She held off for over 6 months with Dougie putting on a full court press before she gave it up. And she didn't leave Bill for Doug, she left because the ROMANTIC love with Bill had faded out almost completely. That is what she was saying when she told Bill, "I don't love you anymore, not like that." Bill was more interested in LA Law reruns on cable than being with one of the hottest women in Jacksonville. Give me a fucking break.

I'm not suggesting they get back together, I'm just saying Aline is a far bigger slut/whore than Debbie ever thought about being. Debbie had lectures to prepare and papers to grade SOME nights. Aline had the lounges to hang out in EVERY night. Think she got hit on?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
hooked

okay, I'm hooked. Good read, but hope you're not finished! Where is the happy ending? So many real life bad endings in the world today, sometimes a good ending for both parties would be encouraging,,,even if it's just fiction.

vietvetvietvetalmost 13 years ago
Professor Bartolo:

It will definitely not be Bill with an albatross like Debbie hanging around his neck. (see Moby Dick)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
@bartolo

i think it will be bartolo.

bartolobartoloalmost 13 years ago
Interesting possibility

This story has me always waiting for the next chapter to appear. Although DQS is slow at posting next chapters, I've noticed that his chapter are long in comparison those of other writers.

Bill Maitland, has been receiving a good deal of attention in the media with his being called the "Angel of Death" and then his standing up for what he believes and being as a result being designated a hero in the shootout at the Policeman's Hall. By contrast State Attorney General, Austin Edwards, does not seem to attract as much media attention. Is it really going to be Edwards that makes a run at the governorship of Florida? Or will it, in fact, be Maitland??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Sounds Like a Soap Opera

DanielQSteele1

I have loved reading this story. 6B is the worst section. You seem to be stretching the story out unnecessarily. You are reintroducing elements, the French woman, that you had disposed of in previous parts. 6B said a lot but the story did not move forward. The cliffhanger at the end of 6A had me looking for resolution of the crises of the main characters. You tied up most of the other loose ends before this. Now you are saying the boss is going to let him stay in his job with him getting more publicity than the boss politician. That is totally unbelievable.

Cordially,

Cladymoor

LakesLakesalmost 13 years ago
ursus, you're pretty funny when someone gets your goat!

Excellent writing, but I'm still waiting and curious to see if DQS can really pull this off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
UPDATE???

No sign of next chapter? Ok take your time.............what else can we say?

brujaybrujayalmost 13 years ago
DQS1: WWWM Chapter 06C.............coming soon..............late May 2011

Thank you for keeping your loyal fans posted on the expected arrival of your next chapter.

Please let us know if there are any delays.

harbormaster1harbormaster1almost 13 years ago
Debbie has needs

Please finish this story... Doug comes back from Chi Town....He sweeps Debbie off her feet..they work together as lonely Phd's in a Jacksonville leper colony off Baymeadow's Drive ....then before the local break your heart team leaves for LA she has breast reduction and they play the trumphet in the Salvation Army Christmas kettle band ...then the log lost ADA gives them a fiver and weeps....then he beats Doug again and the crime rate in Duval county is so great Sheriff Glover says all kettle violence is OK

poorrichardpoorrichardalmost 13 years ago
darn

Darn DQS1. Since the world is supposed to end tomorrow I was hoping the next installment would be out. Oh well;)

harbormaster1harbormaster1almost 13 years ago
time to wrap this up

let us get one ending here...Debbie cunt..Doug ges AIDS.....kids drug addicted.....States Attorney...bad season tickets to the JAX jags who move to LA.....god bless the new JAX mayor...he is god love him the first black mayor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
question

whatever happened to Mona Walters and her husband? Have they deserted Bill or what?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thank you

I came in to check and saw an update comments from DQS1. I'm really glad about 6c. Thank you for the update.

1badmofo1badmofoabout 13 years ago
Many Thanks

for the update, DQS1!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Feels incomplete

Not that I dont like an story with an open ended ending, I think I'd prefer to see this story reach its final conclusion. There have been tons of hints of them getting back together, but on the otherhand we can clearly see the revulsion of the act.

Beautiful story, just feels a little lacking at the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Brilliant Story, but please finish

.

This is an example of exceptional writing talent.

It is a Brilliant story, but please finish up all the loose ends.

After so many chapters, it deserves an ending that is not just a quick rush job.

PLEASE do justice to the excellent writing that went before.

Thank you.

.

Wonder_OneWonder_Oneabout 13 years ago
Thanks for the update!

Thank you for the update, I'm still interested in what happens in your story!

W

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 13 years agoAuthor
Update:

Just thought I'd drop a line in here to let readers who are still following this story know that I expect 6C to post in May. I'm almost through and if my editor can get to it, I expect it might post in a couple of weeks. It's going to be a long one.

DQS1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Greetings from AIF

DQS1 – Your bio says that you are involved in newspaper writing and public relations, so I imagine that your long layoff between chapters 6A and 6B can be ascribed to the mayoral and city council races that have consumed Jacksonville. I just wanted to say that I have enjoyed the ride so far. I will regret when this story reaches its inevitable end, but I hope there is more where this stuff came from. As someone who contributes an occasional article to trade publications and has to battle with constant writer’s block, I am amazed that you are able to generate 25,000+ words of high quality text on (until now) a monthly basis! Also, speaking as a Northeast Florida resident, it has been fun trying to identify the landmarks and names in this tale. When I pass the Berkman Plaza, I cannot help but think that Bill Maitland lived there in 2005 (even though you said it was on Liberty Street, two miles from the County Courthouse, Berkman Plaza was the only condo that existed on Liberty Street). I am trying to figure out the French Restaurant in Riverside-Avondale (Pastiche?) as well as the locations of the downtown, Westside and Mandarin bars. Lastly, I don’t know how many of your readers realize that at least two of your minor characters have names that are plays on those of 2 former Jacksonville public figures (I’ll never tell!). Keep on truckin, and don’t let the boo birds get to you.

AIF

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Then why it is in LW?

2002 is way too back, and now lit has improved system, and make no mistake, lit people had been wise, not letting ratings of his(DQS) stories go down, becasue they dont want to loose, a writer who is making readers visit last page if his stories again and again. the way people have been voting it should be 3.5+ not 4+ . Only good point i can find about this story is that readers are hooked and author does not want to just loose this iportance he's been feeling by these people, by finishing this story, well he is also a human, and also got greedy, so not going to finsh this ever, however, he is gonna write more stories in mean while.

good luck to those people who are in their last stage of life, you might not see its ending, because DQS hime doesn't know it yet, and may be he wont know it either, as he's also OLD, sounds great. huh?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

At 70 years old I have read many novels. This was one of the best I have read in years. Character development was outstanding. There were a few loose threads at the close.

The ending seemed rushed and seemed to lack a clear direction. But a great novel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
@Anon 5/3/11 - Good one

If you are arguing about Writing Skills, Try SirThopas, this young writer has hell of a talent in writing and story buildup, and he does not put novels into Loving Wives category to just get more visitors, and certaainly never stretch stories like dqs to want to feel at top.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Too bad

I was hoping our "The Angel of Death" will prosecute Ossama Bin Laden and Al-Queda people going after him, giving Debbie more sleepless nights, dark circles, and blue boobs.

JennyBearJennyBearabout 13 years ago
For Bartolo

Bart, I do like your style but I think your remark was somewhat condescending. A person does not need an advanced degree to know what they like or dislike. Perhaps more germane to the scoring system would be the OTT scores given some stories, especially the earlier ones. I feel someone found a way to manipulate the scores back in the day (2002). <P>

Jenny

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
WWWM could turn some readers off

Good question directed at me. I realized that what you say is very true. Perhaps his story is not number 1 or (number 10 or 25 for that matter) because his writing is a stage more complex than some of the 25 other more popular stories. Though I have no explanation. I don't think people would count the days since the last submission in a story series by many other authors.

Another author that posts in Loving Wives" that I think is better than he's given credit for is K.K.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous