All Comments on 'When You Know Ch. 02'

by laf199

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Wow!

A very good chapter.

They begin to discover things about Joe and Vicky and their families. And, of course, Vicky seems to be starting to have feelings for Joe.

The reaction of Vicky's mother is too familiar to me, since my mother did not accept my wife until three long years after we were married (in fact, no one in my family attended my wedding, despite being invited, since they thought that my wife was not of the same social category as them), so I know this situation well.

It will be very interesting to know the continuation of this story.

5 * for you and waiting for the next chapter to be published soon!

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

FloribundaFloribundaabout 7 years ago
I love this story

I looked back at your bio and output and realise that this is not your usual thing.

But I do love it and can't wait for more..

jaybird8100jaybird8100about 7 years ago
Wonderful, looking forward to chapter 3-well written and believable!

This is the start of a wonderful series, chapter one sent out the hook and chapter two set it. I think this writer has great potential for a wonderful career and welcome many more stories 5 stars all the way from Smiling Jaybird :)

arrowglassarrowglassabout 7 years ago
Really good story!

Like the barely controlled passion...the "real" feeling...what is coming! Looking forward to chapter 3!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice Warm Fuzzies!

While I don't like the way the characters hooked-up at the bar. NOT romantic, as it was sex without love or affection! However, you have developed the characters and their interactions in a way that is allowing a real relationship to grow. You've succeeded in giving me warm fuzzy feelings in this chapter and am looking forward to what happens next.

I'm a very old fashioned guy and gave my virginity to my estranged wife after I'd fallen in love with her and we had dated exclusively from our first blind date chaperoned by her older sister that I worked with at the time. I took her out every Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting from our original Friday night date.

We built a friendship and closeness with conversations and time spent doing the simple everyday things together besides going out to dinner, dancing and movies. That's not how most people do it now a days, but I still believe that it is the correct way. I had 21 years of love in my life and we have 3 sons together. I know she loved me when all three of them were born. It was the best time in my life!!!

Unfortunately to my lasting pain and sorrow, she gave up on me 18 years ago and I'm still struggling with the pain and depression from losing her love. It cost me my relationship with my sons as well. [She became viciously verbally abusive, followed by week's of the silent treatment. My son's took her side, she made sure of that!] She's still the only one I've ever been with sexually and I just can't jump into bed with someone I don't love. My mom made sure of that!

She wanted me to be a real gentleman who expresses his love verbally as well as physically [unlike my father, who did neither]. She loved historical romance novels, especially those involving the Old South and that culture, except for the slavery parts. She wanted me to be like those Southern Gentlemen in my behavior, we both knew I wasn't the handsome dashing type of guy, but the quiet intelligent caring and faithful kind.

I'm a late 50's heterosexual male by the way...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Character Development

Character development is the key to good writing. If it is good, the plot grows right out of the characters themselves. You are doing a splendid job of that. Vic delaying round two while they get more comfortable with each other will make it much, much better. Relationship sex is real sex. Causal sex is just something to do besides go to a movie.. That is happening in this story. Keep it up. 5*

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
Another nice chapter

I like this phase, the curiosity and discovery is a great way to build the anticipation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Right. So this cold calculating very smart lawyer gets taken by her best and most trusted friend on the spur of the moment to a randomly selected bar where she meets a guy. This guy is not her type. He is neither wealthy nor successful. But he is first guy ever in her life who actually pushes any buttons for her. In fact he pushes all of them. She on her own volition and very uncharacteristically lets her guard down and they have wild sex.

Then she meets him again through her work and she believes she was set up? How stupid can she be? How can she not know instantly that her best friend and her went out randomly without any planning or foreknowledge. So who else could known? Not only known where she was going to be and when, but had the time to place a bartender there to seduce her. Not just an ordinary bartender, but one that normally she would just brush off from under her feet.

Her believing for more than a second that it was a setup is just so out of character for her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous