All Comments on 'Where The Wild Things Are'

by Mortuis

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
PennLadyPennLadyover 13 years ago
I liked this but...

I did like this. Diane was in-your-face but that's okay. On the other hand: "What else could I do?" Um, you could run back the way you came...or call 911 on your cell phone...or run away from the thing giving you the bad vibes...but I did like the banter between them, that was fun.

MortuisMortuisover 13 years agoAuthor

Well... you make some good points. Let me address them here....

Diane didn't really want to let the unknown (Pete) know that she realized he was there. To have suddenly changed course and run the other way might have tipped him off. Calling 911... have you ever tried to run and punch in 911 on a cell phone at the same time? Even if you can, try running and TALKING on a cell phone. And if you STOP running, that gives Pete time to catch up to you and probably to overhear you when you're talking to the police. If he'd been a rapist or killer, he'd have plenty of time to do the deed and get away before anyone could get there. One of the disadvantages to doing your running in the middle of nowhere.... Running away, on the whole, seems like the best plan, but she couldn't be sure that Pete couldn't outrun or outlast her. In human form, she can't run any faster than an in-shape human, and Changing in front of someone she thought was human would mean (likely) that she'd have to kill him to preserve her secret.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 13 years ago
But wouldn't a were-person...

... sense another one nearby? when she got the danger/red alert signals, was it just a normal response to a (mere) person in the vicinity or some kind of "were(wolf)-radar"? Or maybe the buried wolverine in her unconsciously reponding to another "were", a male one at that?

Nice story, I quite enjoyed it, thanks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMortuis@Mortuis
21 Followers
I'm a strange combination of old-fashioned gentleman and utter perv. There are a lot of things I'm curious about, things I've never done in RL, things that I think I'd like, but can't be sure till I try them. I've written erotica off and on since microchips were made of flint....