Where Will I Live?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm all alone now. My sister and my mom are both gone." I was trying to hold back the tears.

"Jeff, you're not alone. You have Jenny and me. We will always be here for you." She started to cry and it made Jenny cry.

I lifted Jenny up and held her as I looked at Lori.

"Will marry me so we can be a family?"

She looked at me and said, "Yes, I'll marry you."

We got in Lori's car and went to her house. Mr. and Mrs. Roof were sitting there when we walked in. They said they were sorry to hear about my mother. I thanked them and then asked if I could have their daughter's hand in marriage. Mrs. Roof started crying.

"Son, you know you don't need our approval to marry Lori. We appreciate you asking us. All I ask is that you take care of her and my grand-baby."

We talked about the wedding and set a date. It would be in two months and Lori would be a June bride. Over the next couple of weeks we began setting things up. Lori's sister was going to be her maid of honor. Even though I didn't know him I asked her brother to be the best man. The flower girl was easy to pick. We were getting married in a small church her parents attended. Lori made a list of her relatives and friends. She asked if I wanted to invite some of the guys I worked with.

I had a

bout a dozen co-workers who said they would attend. I found out that I could rent out the union hall for the reception. We figured there would be between seventy-five and a hundred people all together. Mrs. Roof and Lori found a catering service and let them know we wanted a buffet.

The wedding was wonderful. Lori's brother Jim stood up front with me. Lori's sister was the first to come down the aisle. Everyone smiled as Jenny threw flower petals down the aisle. Mr. Roof proudly walked Lori down the aisle. She looked so beautiful in a light pink dress. I figured Jenny picked out the color.

I don't know what the minister said but I repeated whatever it was. All I remember was when he said 'you may kiss the bride'. I did exactly that. Everyone laughed and clapped as we broke the kiss.

We had a photographer who took pictures. Then everyone headed over to the union hall. It was so beautiful. We all went to the buffet and then sat down to eat. The guests kept clicking glasses and we kissed each time they started. It never took me so long to eat a meal, but I loved it.

When I danced with Lori, I didn't want it to end. But she danced with her father and I danced with Mrs. Roof who told me Lori made the right choice. The guys from the mill all brought their wives.

The next morning we went to Lori's parents house and opened all our gifts. Lori's sister April and her brother Jim were there with their families. We couldn't believe all we received. Mr. and Mrs. Roof gave us a check for the wedding. He said it was the least he could do for his daughter. Lori and I left for our honeymoon that afternoon. We went to Dolly wood in Tennessee. We had a wonderful time but we decided if we ever went back, we would take Jenny. We made love every night and I do mean every night. When we got home, we stopped by Lori's house and thanked her parents for everything.

Jenny woke up from her nap and came in calling for her mommy. She hugged her and then hugged me. We talked with everyone for a while and headed home. Jenny walked to the room painted pink and said 'my woom'.

Lori was now Lori Mizer. I wanted Jenny to be my daughter and knew I had to talk to Lori about it. I would have to get her ex to sign over his rights to Jenny but then she would lose her child support, which was a hundred dollars a week.

I told her I wanted to adopt Jenny but if I did she would lose her child support. She never did receive alimony because she made as much as her ex.

"Jeff, I don't care about the money but I don't know if Ralph will sign his rights away."

"I thought you said he has never come to see her. Why wouldn't he sign?"

"Because he's a bastard and would do it just to hurt me."

"We're going to visit him next Saturday. Do you know where he lives?"

"Yes. He's got a new girlfriend and I think she's pregnant."

The following Saturday we headed over to his house. Lori was so afraid I was going to start some trouble. We knocked on the door and a pregnant woman answered.

"Can I help you?"

"Is Ralph at home? We would like to speak to him."

Ralph came to the door and asked Lori what she was doing there. He said he was up to date with his child support payments. I told him my name and added that Lori and I were married. His girlfriend asked me what we wanted. I told them both that I wanted to adopt Jenny but I needed Ralph to sign over his rights.

"Why should I do that?" he asked.

"You would not have to pay child support payments any more. You would be free of any medical or other payment that might come due such has school supplies and even school clothes," I said.

His girlfriend told Ralph that it would really be good for them seeing they were going to have a child of their own.

"What if I don't want to?" Ralph asked.

I asked Lori to step into the house with Ralph's girlfriend. I wanted to speak to Ralph alone. She gave me a worried look but went inside and closed the door.

"Listen, you mother fucker. You have five days to sign a release of parental rights for Lori. You don't care about Jenny and have never gone to see her. Either you sign the form or Jenny will be receiving your Social Security. Believe me, I'm not bluffing. I hope I won't have to come back here next week."

I knocked on the door and told Lori it was time to go. Ralph looked scared as he went back into the house. Lori asked me how it went and I told her we would find out within the next five days.

Everything went along fine the following week. Lori still took Jenny to her mom's house while we worked. Maybe twice a week we would both meet there and have dinner with her parents. When we got home on Wednesday, she told me there was a letter from the court. It was a release of parental rights to Jenny.

Lori and her mom were so happy. I told her that tomorrow we'd go to the courthouse and I would put adoption papers in to adopt Jenny. It seemed like forever before we got the final papers. I picked up Jenny and asked her if she would like to be my daughter.

"You're my daddy?" She smiled when she looked at me.

"Yes and your name is Jennifer Mizer now."

She put her arms around my neck, leaned in, and kissed me on the cheek.

I now had a family of my own and I never had to wonder where I would live again.

Thank you for reading my story.

Comments are always welcome.

DG Hear