All Comments on 'Which door will it be?'

by Wolfden999

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder10 months ago

Great story. Too bad we can't send some people to Judgement and the Red door early.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne10 months ago

Woo woo! Thanks for something different.

Bronco56Bronco5610 months ago

Great story. Btb and romance, what more do you need. 5stars

statestreetstatestreet10 months ago

Excellent story! ***** from me.

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Different background but the same plot of wife helping a friend as in hundreds of other stories.

One philosophical problem -- story defines people for eternity by one incident which the powers refuse to forgive. Really incompatible with most beliefs.

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months ago

An interesting story, though theologically unsound. But I guess you already knew that! An amusing story that still gets a 5* rating.

taylorsamtaylorsam10 months ago

Fun story, very nice, 5

OOAAOOAA10 months ago

GREAT story!!! Really original!

5 stars!!!

...I would love to read an epilogue about what Toni and Frank found when crossing the red door hahahaha

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove10 months ago

Well, an Old Testament response to a New Testament setup. Good to see a lack of mercy from the folks who hang out in heaven… very Christian…

GarySmith69GarySmith6910 months ago

Good story on an old theme. Just a bit a fun and maybe a moral to the story? Either way a good read.

A_BierceA_Bierce10 months ago

What if there'd been a green doo... naah. Different trope. Great story, though. Thanks.

UnassignedUnassigned10 months ago

Nice story, and a clever twist. I was hoping, though, that at least Toni would get the white door. One of my biggest issues with Christianity (and similar religions) is the concept of eternal - ETERNAL - torture for what are minor offense in the overall picture. In this case, I guess the double murder seals it for Toni, but even there, there are extenuating circumstances. Would Tom really want his (ex)wife, who was a great partner for so many years, to spend eternity (again: ETERNITY) in torture for what she did? Apparently so, and to me that makes Tom a potential candidate to switch locations as well.

mainer42mainer4210 months ago

amusing and clever story

FireFox59FireFox5910 months ago

Nice twist on the cheating wife theme.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c110 months ago

I think you were trying to be clever. Did not work. The sports in heaven angle was silly. Getting Peter drunk was silly. Several other efforts at being clever also fell short.

What is with authors writting a paragraph telling readers sorry for the mistakes and pointing them out will either be deleted or does not bother the author? Just post your story. Let it be judged. Take the good with the bad. There were several obvious errors that should have been caught by your editor. Patients instead of patience? Simple proof catches that.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I thought as i read this what a great original story, so you ask why 3 stars, wellI said I thought it was am original story, it's not. Another write a while ago can't quite remember who, wrote something similar to this, where a wife died and was passed judgement and ended up going down the long steps, the husband went upstairs, nit bad written just not original.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

There’s a good idea in here, but the execution is poor.

PowersworderPowersworder10 months ago

A unique idea for a story.

It was refreshing to see the tenets of Christianity properly represented, with the adulterers burning in hell for eternity.

amygdalaamygdala10 months ago

Question: Why does Frank gets the most damming judgement from Sandy? two sentences basically consigning him to hell. He loved her and was heartbroken and clinically depressed at her passing. He did not initiate the multiple sexual advances. These were all done by Toni. Toni's actions precipitated everything from the sexual advances, to the letter that led to Tom's death, The abandonment of her children, to the shooting of Frank, then suicide. Yet somehow Sandy after listing all these things she said I pass no judgment. WTF author what are you telling us about your interpretation of the female species?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Stupid waste of time.

kirei8kirei810 months ago

Wow, I still can be surprised by the story tellers on this site. A woderfully different and excellent story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A totally different, silly, ridiculous but funny tale, on the over-crowded cheating theme. So, what to say ? High level of stupidity from the cheated husband, high level of selfish and sluttish behaviour from the cheating wife, a huge level of selfishness and disrespect to his wife and to his friend, from the cheating husband... but, even though in a totally unrealistic wonderland, in the end, justice and payback came to all the parties. A really rare event in this so much poisoned LW category, in which justice is a really rare event.

So, for this really silly story, it's 5 full stars for the ending justice.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

very amusing way to tell the same story that has been told thousands of times

steppinontoes

deependerdeepender10 months ago

Very imaginative.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Harsh, but yeah, The Red Door.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

An amusing story, enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was a VERY entertaining read! Original and clever. Kudos!

.

My only disappointment—that we didn’t get a glimpse of Frank and Toni arriving in Hell and being greeted by Satan’s doorkeeper….Hitler 😈

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What? No gift shop?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Heh, the "new and improved" moral relatavism expressed in some of the comments is neither surprising nor unexpected considering the web site. Makes me wonder how many have done something similar and are now trying to pooh-pooh to make themselves feel OK.

So many will swear there is no heaven, but near the end will pray there is no hell.

They're the 10 commandments, not the 10 suggestions, and they are actually pretty easy to keep if your humanity will keep your animal in check.

---To the author, an easy way to self edit is to take some time after you think you've finished writing to clear your head and then come back and read what you've written out loud as though to someone else, not in whisper-skim talk. This will make missing or redundant words stand out, as well as words that are spelled correctly but are used incorrectly. Auto-complete and spell check are only blunt tools. If you skim read what you have written your mind inserts what it meant to write as you go along. When you have to slow down and enunciate your ears pick up things that your eyes passed over.

I enjoyed this and encourage you to keep writing. Thanks for your time and effort.

gatorhermitgatorhermit10 months ago
Well that was different…

Talk about burn the bitch… I see a red door and I want it painted black. Interesting take on the cheating spouse routine.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Apparently, you don't know how to spell adultery, but that's okay. Once I was getting preached at full throttle, I tuned out anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Unassigned11 said:

"...One of my biggest issues with Christianity (and similar religions) is the concept of eternal - ETERNAL - torture for what are minor offense in the overall picture...In this case...the double murder seals it for Toni, but...there are extenuating circumstances. Would Tom really want his (ex)wife,...to spend eternity (again: ETERNITY) in torture for what she did?..." —●—

First, from my reading and understanding of judgment, neither Tom nor anyone else will likely have a say in the judgment of others. Individuals will be judged on their merit or lack thereof. In the case of those born after the Christ's appearance into the world, we will be judged according to our belief and acceptance of him. The new testament includes Jesus's command to be immersed for the remission of sin.

As far as eternal torture, might I direct you to a gentleman by the name of Ed Fudge. He had a good friend who's early death raised this question with him. After a life long pursuit of an answer he determined that the meaning behind the term eternal in scripture was that the soul of the condemned was cast into the lake of fire and destroyed for eternity. That is to say in terms we may understand more easily. You delete an email, but it's still there. In the trash bin so to speak, but it can be recovered. But if you delete the email, go to the trash bin and delete those contents, then wipe the drive and reformat it, and scrub the drive with some top level cleaning programs as well. Well, you might say it's destroyed for eternity. Fudge determines that original language of the torment of hell was, 'when you're done, you're done...for ever...eternally'. Not an ongoing forever torment, but nobody is retrieving your 'email'. Your soul has been deleted.

I probably botched the explanation of Fudge's book. And many people disagree with him I'm sure, but I think his understanding of hell makes more sense though perhaps not a great deal more comfort. He wrote a book, there's also a movie. Read or watch to see if it brings any clarity on the subject, it did for me. Ed Fudge was an attorney and researched the topic for years. He interviewed many people and theologians of different faiths in pursuit of his questions.

SexecutionerSexecutioner10 months ago

Cute story despite the false premise. Religion is nothing more than to herd the sheep, anyone with critical thinking skills sees the hypocrisy in it.

jocko_smithjocko_smith10 months ago

An entertaining story. Proof that a good storyteller can find a way to present something fresh, thank you.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuy10 months ago

Lighten up people!!! This is a great tongue-in-cheek story. Good job wolfden999.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Interesting but kind of weird!

5

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now10 months ago

> Lighten up people!!! This is a great tongue-in-cheek story. Good job wolfden999.

Totally agree!!

njlaurennjlauren10 months ago

Hey, a silly cute story, why not? My only complaint is I wanted to see Sandy,Tom&,Saint Peter having a good time and see who won the 3 on 3 basketball game. And then see Frank and Toni end up having to watch the team I have been cursed with from birth, the NY Jets, that is coached by Adam Gase with players gotten by John Idzik, prob the worst coach and GM respectively in NFL history.

cookingwithgascookingwithgas10 months ago

Good story, well executed BTB. I agree with the comment that reading your story out loud will provide a better reading experience (and higher scores for you).

This one is very similar to my own "Four Times" and "Four Times Squared." Don't worry about the weird comments. Progressives are everywhere in our culture, a culture they are breaking their backs to change and form into some modern-day paideia. A paideia is the integration of culture, values, and education.

The Western Culture Paideia, originating in Plato's time, is the one folks like @sexecutioner are trying to break, with all of his so-called 'critical thinking.' He seems to forget that 75% of the planet believes in a higher power and life after death. That group has a long way to go to achieve their goal, but unfortunately, they are doing quite well in our K-12 public school system.

Ignore those comments. Everyone that matters knows who the real critical thinkers are. Hint: the ones that don't brag about it, or call themselves one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is an interesting submission. The author writes fairly well, albeit a bit carelessly, and some of the humor manages to hit the mark. The theology is not consistent with either Judaism or Christianity, but I doubt conforming with either set of beliefs was a goal the author had in mind while writing. Based on their testimony at their ex-spouses' judgement, the cares of the mortal realm sadly continue to weigh heavily on both Sandy and Tom in Paradise. With all due respect to the author, I hope the prophecies are correct and this actually proves not to be true for those who are chosen to spend the afterlife in fellowship with our Creator.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Learn how to write dialogue. You're writing a prose, not a script. Stories/prose used quotation marks. I took one look at the formatting and gave it a 1.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

Sexecutioner, I'm with you! "God" is supposed to be all-loving, all-knowing and all-powerful, yet she allows evil to exist. I don't expect every single bad thing to be stopped, free-will and all that, but is it too much to expect a lightning bolt to strike down a Hitler, or a Pol Pot, or whatever, maybe even prevent them from being born in the first place! Believers will say it's because of the Devil, but isn't god more powerful than the devil? Instead they're portrayed more like the USA and the USSR during the Cold War, the two of them each more powerful than any other nation, but neither powerful enough to destroy the other without destroying the world.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was a fun one! As someone else said, it would have been nice to see them go through the red door.

Rocky62Rocky6210 months ago

Youd think that the heaven dwellers ciuld forgive past sins given their new enlightenment

VinastodaVinastoda10 months ago

You know frank had a really hot time with toni afterwards. Love the story, fun take on the whole heaven and hell thing.

IrrumatioIrrumatio10 months ago

Who would have thought that St. Peter has such a terrible grasp of grammar?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is a note to everyone reading this story. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ARE. This comment section is for comments about the story, How Good or How Bad, Old tired material or new subject. Leave your Religious beliefs off of here.

GardenshedGardenshed10 months ago

Good story, thanks for writing this silly story, it was fun…… something different! 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ for something different .

RzcanuckRzcanuck10 months ago

That was different. 5 stars.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown10 months ago

@ cookingwithgas

Well now, after seeing a number of your responses where you like to show of your arrogance. All I can say hypocrite much?

75% of the planet believes in a higher power & life after death. Do those 75% believe in "Peter's" delusion? No, their are probably a dozen or so different "saviors". Tell us which one is the right one? Do the majority of that 75 % think Jesus is the way? It's retorical..

Maybe instead of showing us your assclown status you should try and write a book that's ranked higher than 2,600,000+ on Amazon. Since you're such the literary god....

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just dumb. If the whore wife was suffering from the mental disease of depression then how can she be held accountable for her actions? And if she was really into fucking Frank and her husband never knew why would she ruin a great romance by spilling the beans? Doesn't make sense. And all the life in paradise talk was just stupid and annoying. How does a soul get drunk? And if paradise is for eternity, then how does anyone get old or tired? It was a very lame joke.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

VERY CLEVER

KiwihunterKiwihunter10 months ago

A nice fantasy. Life after death is a nice little concept dreamed up by prehistoric cavemen to explain what happens when you die. It is wishful thinking from those who lack the intelligence to look at the evidence. There is no evidence of life after death simply because there is no life after death just like there is no big fairy in the sky. Look at the evidence and come up with an answer that is not wishful thinking.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I really liked the originality of this story. I am appalled at your disrespect for your readers by failing to use proper grammar and spelling. Take enough pride in your writing to put out a perfect document. Your imaginative talent should not be obscured by grammatical slovenliness.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A very different and interesting view on life and the after life.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Please rest well…no nasty comments from me. I think that if you enjoy writing, then you should certainly do so. Don’t worry about potential readers who might be thrown by repeated errors. As long as you’re having fun, who cares about readers?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It was a great read, thank you 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This was fun, thoroughly enjoyed it!

inka2222inka222210 months ago

This delightful story should be rated way higher. Easy 5 stars. Everyone got what they deserved, except for Tom's poor children. And Da Vinci. Being stuck on a sports team with Sheakspeare must blow. :P

But yeah, progressive idiots like to downvote things that dare disagree with their personal religion.

Just because I'm not a Christian, and don't believe in heaven or hell, doesn't mean I can't enjoy an innovative story. And I did. It's a fucking storytelling device, you dolts. Just like deep space or zombies or historical setting or deus ex machina of many kinds or useful obscure laws or the character having special background. Or magic or The Force or Chi. They are just means to tell a story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Sonofabitch! So fidelity is so important in heavens and a serial cheater and womanizer like Einstein gets a pass? A kangaroo "judgment" is what this is!

Toni redeemed herself and I hope she'll find justice with the help of Hell. They are bound to be more honest than St Pete and his corrupt gang anyway!

TimcutyourshitTimcutyourshit10 months ago

Weird but I like it

DazzyDDazzyD9 months ago

5***** it says, “believe it the Lord Jesus and you will be saved !” P s He died on the cross and rose three days later….

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Interesting story.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove8 months ago

Come on, no way Aristotle makes that team. He has no net presence and he can't serve.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Really, really, really bad theology but fun story!

dgfergiedgfergie7 months ago

Kind of a fun story, but I think we needed a little follow up about the red door. Of course we all know it's supposed to be hell and not so great but spume us like to see it spelled out. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I enjoyed it 5 stars

LJ7352LJ73526 months ago

Not too bad!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yes, this is a great tongue-cheek story. But to those who do not believe there is a God and do not believe in the Bible, do you actually believe that the human body(as complex as it is) was not created by God, but evolved from an amoeba. If you want proof that there is a God, The God of The Bible, and that He is in charge, read the book "The Oracle" by Jonathan Cahn. If you do, I believe you will definitely become a believer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

To prior Anonymous commenter. I too have faith in God. But to base it on "proof" in the form of intelligent design theory, that is not convincing. Certainly doesn't follow the Scientific Method. Evolution is asically indisputable in today's science-based world. If you want to add some comonent that drives towards complexity of life from single cell to multicellular to more advanced, then it still needs to work with evolution.

Faith should not be based on "looking for proof". You will not find it in the Book of Nature (Galileo reference). Also won't find it in Genesis, unless you are a fundamentalist. For all we know we live in a simulation anyways (and no I don't mean Matrix style).

Ironic that we have this dialog in the comments section of a LW story on Lit :)

Story was interesting in parts, but had some inconsistencies. A lot of attempted humor but also dark dramatic tension. Doubt Heaven is anything like what is described with divorce, marriage, and an Apostle watching 3-on-3 basketball championships (who watches rhat anyways?). But forgiveness is a central backbone of Christianity. Hard to imagine that souls that make it to Heaven would harbor hatred or resentment for people in the world. Such decisions are the purview of God alone. Peace.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Judgment is spelled as I did, not judgement.

oldtwitoldtwit12 days ago

Nice plot, differently odd,

Schwanze1Schwanze111 days ago

Theology is a mess but I do like the idea of tequila in heaven. 🤣

Original and entertaining.

desecrationdesecration8 days ago

I think everyone likes the idea of Heaven. Filter out all the bad people and then you live in paradise. But without the bad people, we would take the good ones for granted. Glad there is alcohol though.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Composition (grammar, usage, paragraph structure, etc.) well done sufficient that the story flows smoothly from point to point in plot development; some spelling errors but not sufficient to confuse the reader such that the storyline is lost; so, in terms of how the story is put together? Call it a B+ effort and concentrate on the creativity of constructing the characters and the scenario--which rates a solid A!

Loved St. Peter, who is in fact more the main character than the putative M.C. Tom, whose main function is to provide a foil for Peter to bounce off of. Sandy, Toni, and Frank are obviously necessary for the plot to work--though Frank is more a "bit character" than "supporting". The nature of "Heaven" is imaginative and one that is more in tune with contemporary culture than what has been hypothesized previously; and the description--while not being extensive--quite readily sketches out a dynamic similar to that on earth (for many).

Which door will it be? is a light entertaining little journey into fantasyland, and well worth the time spent reading it.

Only two quibbles: The outcome was forehadowed early, and the sexual interaction was not erotic to any degree--but both those things were as the author meant them to be, so basically irrelevant.

Well done. More please.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous