All Comments on 'While You Were Sleeping Pt. 03'

by rnebular

Sort by:
  • 190 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
psychological bs sprinkled with no backbone

She always sought out men to do things for her blah blah. What bullshit she fucked around got caught, and he doesnt think he can find someone faithful i guess. I get mistakes get made but this was all on her, no shrink rationalizing changes that. And why is his mom chewing him out for looking at the therapist, he should hes getting divorced so who gives a shit. she should mind her business as well, shes his mother and as he didnt do anything to push the wife away or neglect her, she should be backing whatever he does.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Psychobabble

His love when they were going through a divorce stopped him from pursuing his therapist. Her love gets her laid when he isn't available.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
I'm thinking

it was Uncle Larry with a gun in the hotel room. Anyone have the Uncle Larry, the gun or the hotel room card?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Kidding aside

this read like real frackin' life. Clearly a talented author.

gmann57gmann57about 6 years ago

2nd read 5 plus, This reminds me of my wife and I. similar situation, We divorced but got back together and it was the best thing we did, I buried her 4 years ago and still miss her more than I thought was possible. Life goes on right? fell off a 35 ft roof . Woke up 10 days later pissed off cuz I was still here and not with her . Life goes on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
That fiancé....

"That weekend I took her out to a pizza place for dinner, and sat down with her fiancé. ****We had met a few times when she brought him over, but never for more than a few minutes at a time*****.

Seems not the deepest of inter-family relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it and I normally HATE reconciliation stories

This was well written and believable from all sides.

Well done.

Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It's Champagne, not Champaign.

Nuff said.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Some Major Issues With Story That Detracts From It

First, physical therapist handle physical therapy. They have less education and training than RN's. In this story it was a doctor conducting his physical therapy.

Second, Matt says that Jenn cries at the drop of a hat. Not only in the aftermath of the affair, but that she was always like that. What nurse, but especially a trauma nurse, AND the head of trauma nurses, is that emotional? She wouldn't have lasted a week in that job being that emotional of a person.

Third, meetings with Rose, the therapist. They barely discuss a few questions (happened with both Jenn and Matt separate meetings) and she says time is up. Make sure you show some kind of interlude or just leave out her saying time is up. You cannot put in 6 dialogue lines that follow one another and point out that the first question was the first question of a session and then after the 6 dialogue lines have Rose saying time is up.

Fourth, yes, some people in high stress jobs where people rely on them and they have to make countless decisions want to be passive, submissive or followers in their personal lives. But that doesn't mean they shut off their brains. But I do buy that she was stressed out with possibly losing Matt and being susceptible to Jim's advances.

The story overall was weak. The characters not well fleshed out or shown to have much depth. I was happy with the reconciliation, but that was the only reason I kept on reading this story. I don't believe it deserves the score that's above 4.0.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Nit pick

Wish I were smart enough to nitpick, as so many others do. PT details, punctuation, time lines and all the other little details. I don't read for details, I read for entertainment, and this series.was all of that. I am not a fan of reconciliation without consequences and I think Jenn had a weak moment and.paid a.high emotional price. She almost lost her marriage. Matt was better off with her, no doubt. Jimmy got his due from Matt, and then more from someone else. Good riddance. Good complete stiry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A vivid creation that was painfully accurate.

For a time I was in Matt’s shoes. While assigned to a unit in Germany I was away from my wife for weeks and months at a time. While I traveled with my team my wife was alone and depressed: she didn’t have a job and we had no kids, To occupy the hours in her day she started taking college classes and met a “friend”. After a few classes he invited her and some other classmates to go to a local gaste haus but she told me about his invitation the first time I got home. Call me a wimp or an idiot but I knew she was lonely and knew being able to interact with other people while I was gone would help her so I didn’t object. I’m also no fool and warned her that at some point he would try to get in her panties but she swore that would never happen. About six weeks later when I returned from a long deployment and we came home from an evening out and I wanted to enjoy my wife she broke down in tears and confessed that she had slept with her “friend”. I held her and listened to her confession realizing there was nothing I could do. I decided to wait for my heart to quit aching but in the end I just held her, made love to her and forgave her. We will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in 2019. Her actions still hurt a little and some erotic feelings still sneak into my memory but in the long run I think I made the right choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Reconciliation?

You start giving second chances to 'mistakes' and it never stops!.

Sorry but in this case I was against reconciliation...... He's hurt and she screws around on him?

She don't deserve a second chance......great story though

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Duh

After reading this I have to take a good shit?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just terrible.

Was this supposed to be a joke?

A device to see if you could derive the same comments the (same) comment-makers always make?

-

This was truly dreadful - truly, most sincerely, dread(ful).

JMSA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

You really captured the essence of metro-sexuality. I hope that was your goal.

Here is an addendum to the story:

Hey Jennifer, good news. Uncle Larry called. He was so lonely before and wanted to fill me in on recent events. His ex-wife Sue came by and they started sleeping together again. She said she was bound to start cheating again, so it might as well be with him. They make love while they laugh about her new idiot husband who pays her bills. Now that his mind is clear, he suggests I have you sign a post-nuptial agreement and apply KY to your behind. It might hurt at first, but it will work out in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
just no way!

While you are at your weakest point she opens her legs to another guy and you take her back. You were not in a coma for years! It was only a few months I think. Do all women in LW literotica need sex several times a day to remain faithful?

I call bullshit.

If she isolate from shopping or work or the spa for 5 minutes go fuck her sister as it is only fair. She wasn't home or available and you have needs,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No Surprise

To me it was a foregone conclusion that this story was going to end with a reconciliation of the two main characters. In the author’s intro to chapter one he expounded on how he disliked labels such as “RAAC” and “BTB”, and referring to the idea that he wrote about real people, not labels. I have noticed over the years that I’ve read stories here, that when an author disavows the RAAC label, he almost always writes a story that ends in reconciliation. Conversely, when an author disavows the BTB label, he usually ends the story with a reconciliation. Make sense? Oh well, it was a pretty good, if predictable, story.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 5 years ago
It Took Courage and Faith To Tell Her Husband

After all the pro's and con's are considered, Jenn had the courage to be truthful and honest with her husband about her infidelity.

It is often written that the pain of infidelity is not just the act but the deceit, continued lying to cover up the act, the loss of trust, and the lack of respect associated with the act before, during and after the event.

While Jenny certainly committed the act, it was her respect for her husband, trust in his forgiveness and willingness to accept the consequences of her act that motived her to risk confessing, perhaps too soon, but nevertheless in a timely manner her single fall from virtue. Surely a woman with that much love, trust, and respect for her husband deserved his consideration for a second chance.

Typically I'm a BTB kind of guy. But I just could not see it in this case. Would that we all had spouses who valued honesty as highly even when the consequences could be dire.

GillotineGillotinealmost 5 years ago
it's like some people think

That if a spouse cheats it should automatically end with divorce and BTB. In any situation. I'll agree to most but not here.

She was in a dire situation, stressed out, weak, lost without her husband. The one person she could rely on ended up deceiving her. (Yes, I know there are grandparents, friends and other family that could have helped. But the point being, Jim was openly volunteering, because he was, at least Matt and Jennifer thought he was, a trusted friend) Only stressing her out more. She wasn't asking/looking for it, no excuse, but she was remorseful, honest and accepting to a life on her own.

I do feel, not finding Jim's killer was a cop out on the author's part.

5*, nonetheless. I find that this story is a rarity on this site, even in this category. While somewhat predictable, it's rare to see such believable honesty(w/ Matt & Jennifer) (Jim's story is I find most authors are over dramatic(Stang) or laughable(Bob).

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
Where was she?

The lawyer from the trucking company says he did try to contact the family several times but no one was ever home. So where was she? Not at the hospital by his side 24 x 7 for months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
this was resolved poorly

matt was manipulated by everyone towards forgiveness.

but because of some 'empathy' mojo speel. because that's what it was. it wasn't properly related towards him coping or growing. just a belief i suspect the author holds, but can't really bolster. because of that preaching, he just forgives and picks up where he left off.

i was rooting for them to get back together, but not because of some cheap anime speech, and a wedding. i wanted him to give her ' a chance' and continue couple's therapy. we barely learned anything from the one-on-one sessions with the wife. just that she's submissive and weak willed. and only WE know it, the author never deemed it appropriate for his wife to relay that info. to her husband. not once.

so, you choose a sloppy ending. a good story was wasted on this ending. why bother crafting a long and interesting story for three chapters? why bother when you're going to deus ex machina an ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How about this plot twist?

After talking with his uncle, Matt went to the local store to pick up some beer. When he opens he wallet Dr. Swinson's card falls out. He calls her at home to let her he's not sure if his is physically ready to have sex. He hasn't had relations since the accident and is afraid he may not be able to perform. She asks if he was able to get an erection. He lets her know not really, but was starting to get one when she last did therapy on him. She has him come to her home for a special "therapy" session to make sure his pipe is clear.

He gives to her as much as he gets. Both are exhausted, but tired. His boys are a little sore from not being used for a half year. He thanks her for services. She tells him she hopes she was able to alleviate his concerns. She tells him that he shouldn't need anymore of her special therapy, but if he still has problems she more than willing to help as much as he needs it. This therapy session was gratis, but the fee for future sessions will be a date with dinner, his treat.

This may have been wrong for him to do, but it helped him make peace with her one time moment of weakness. This was his 'moment of weakness' and he would need confess this to Jenn as she did with him. He will need to take the risk. After all, honest communication is key for dealing when a spouse makes a mistake.

Jenn is hurt by the revelation. She now feels everything Matt had felt. How could he cheat on her like that when she has only left home for just a couple of months? Will she be as forgiving of Matt as she wanted him to be with her? What will her answer be when she confronted with question is she better off with Matt or without him? After the wedding, will Matt be with Jenn or with the very good doctor?

Now this may be a story HDK could sink his teeth in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I was going to stop

At the uncle’s sob story. It was clear this was going to be a piece of RAAC shit then, but the psycho babble from the counselor sealed it.

Of course Jim had to have hot coffee thrown in his face and the punched and kicked while the person who really betrayed him gets forgiven.

1*

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

Decent plot but ... yes, the dreaded but word ... all pieces of this chapter were designed to drive Matt to reconcile. No opposing items at all.

Sadly that made for a very very dull end.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Read this again today, just as good. A nice romantic piece and I enjoyed it again.

Well done author

Scores 5/5

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

I think he did the right thing. It was a one time mistake during a really emotional and hard time for her. She truly and absolutely regretted what she had done. If there was no reconciliation in this case then there is no hope for anyone who makes a mistake. I don't always agree with reconciliation as in some stories the wife is truly evil and heartless but that was not the case here. I have scored this before as a 5 and certainly wouldn't change that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

I Think this is your best Story so Far .. Keep up the great work ..I am still wondering who Killed Jim ?

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Very good. Jennifer's slip/mistake was a 1 time issue when she was under tremendous pressure of her husband being in a coma for 4 months. Your are not thinking or acting like normal - trust me - been there and never want to do it again. Matt should have been more willing to accept the slip. Jennifer as a nurse should have been concerned about both pregnancy and STDs. In this case, if it had happened, she should have gotten an abortion - in my opinion.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

Reading this great story again, this is one LW reconciliation I can agree with. I still wonder who scrambled Jim's eggs, to borrow from, a literary hero, Cletus Purcell.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

LOL stress makes women spread for other men Matt should have known that and been more understanding. Just because Jim had already kissed her and she kissed him back doesn't mean she should not have again put herself in a compromising situation with him. After all once they were done she felt bad and everything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Had trouble with her not staying away from him after kiss.

Also would be former best friend.

And picture on wall,board etc I used as dart board etc

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Javmor79 got it right

Here is a snippet of their comment.

Seen it happen to a few divorced couples. One person slips up, cheats due to the perfect storm of circumstance, confesses because of guilt, and is never forgiven. If the cheated spouse divorces because of pride, they move on a lot slower than the cheater. The cheated on spouse never lets go of the love which has turned to hatred. The cheater however usually accepts that it is over, and it is their fault. Accepting blame for a situation usually allows you to confront your weaknesses and fix them. This helps the healing process and allows this person to move on.

BTDT. Ex is STILL angry with me years later. She remarried almost immediately. A year after she married she found out I was sort of dating an old friend of hers she had lost touch with. Went ballistic over that.

Now, Sidney getting married at 18. Wayy too young and I gotta think she's trying to convince herself that love still wins out. Because her world was rocked when her parents split after her mother's fling. Too many emotions right then to make a good decision. I'm really surprised that the parents didn't try to convey that to Sidney.

Why does Jim have to die? Matt got his revenge, just consign Jim to the trash heap and let him wallow in his misery over fucking up a friendship.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

The follow up story about Jim’s demise is great too

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Enjoyed It

I’m usually a BTB type of bloke but I think this reconciliation was the right way to go⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Long, convolutedraac. Times get hard and she starts fucking anyone qt hand. What a fucking slut. Let the divorce move ahead. The only thing rectified is the fact that when he's recovering from his next crisis, she'll communicate that she's going to be stepping out on him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I skipped most of this story simply because it was a drawn out story. Jennifer was vulnerable and Jim took advantage of that vulnerability. Jennifer had the honesty to admit her cheating and Matt never saw anything to do with the cheating.

It would be easy for him to forgive Jennifer and reconcile with her. The author wrote three chapters of a storyline that really didn't deserve more than one chapter.

fishgetterfishgetterabout 3 years ago

I too am usually a BTB man, but here the story was told perfectly (mostly) and the result was Great!

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

The part from Jim's perspective really didn't add anything to the story. Otherwise, quite a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I quite understand Matt's initial rage and anger, but his wife was honest with him and truly remorseful, and did not allow the one and only mistake to go any further... Matt's stubborness made him take far too long to forgive her, but eventually he did the right thing and saved a marriage and family that did not deserve to be torn apart. 4stars.

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 3 years ago

Good Loving Wife Read! 5*

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars mostly because you finished the story.

Again, there is not much here that sticks out in order for it to qualify for the 4 or 5. What I found to be the most troublesome part of the story, was the lame set-up for the wife to cheat. She comes off looking like a brainless, selfish bimbo, without any kind of ethics or real love feelings for her injured husband. Yes, I agree that this story was way longer than necessary.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another story where cheating wife gets away scott free.

When matts daughter says she is getting married i would have said “learn from your mothers mistake and keep your legs closed to others”.

I’d have filed sooner than him and let it go through. Who knows if we would get back together and assume you would be sad and alone?

And when they spoke of jim getting killed i would look at jenn and say “sucks for you. You lose a husband and lover in the same week!”

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 3 years ago

A true Loving Wifes Story. Fuck the BTB crowd>

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

The drama never quite lived up to its potential. The set-up was full of promise, but the story resolved itself in a too straightforward manner. I wanted more complications. Still, a solid, 5 star-worthy offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do you ever give your female characters any agency?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sidney killed Jim. Jennifer better walk a straight line.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Same tired bullshit.

1. Slutwife betrays husband, and uses pop psychology to justify her behavior.

2. Suggests "both" go to counseling, why? As per the story the husband did nothing wrong.

3. No atonement for the cheater, just some tears. Of course the turns the husband into a spineless wimp by not going through with the divorce.

4. One of my favorites, the "make it up to him" excuse, which they never do.

You want the proper ending? He proceeds with the divorce, collects the $2 million and lives in Costa Rica in a nice beach house with a spicy senorita or two. Sends his ex post cards saying wish you could have been here...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Matt: Unlikable and unforgiving prick

Jim: Predator

Jennifer: One dimensional one time slut

Too long. Could have been tightened up considerably. Had the potential to be a good story but missed the mark.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

I do like the story but I spent a lot of time wondering why Matt didn't consider the anguish Jenn went thru while he lay in a coma - for 4 god-awful months. I certainly don't have any sympathy for a "me" ass hole like he was portrayed. Jim, I consider worthy of being shot but whoa - I'm the same sort of friend that would want to "help" ease the lady's sexual needs and urges, being the helpful rat I am! The story would have been a 5 for me but the prolonged chest-beating by Matt got tiresome.

This opinion is by a guy that hasn't written anything and would be terrible if he tried ......

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

No emotions, no drama, only cold narration. Very disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The problem is how many people do behave themselves and cling to their vows when their spouse etc. are in the Services, have long term illness etc. If this wife could so easily be turned then I would need to question her marriage commitment. Is is good until she is alone. That is the test.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Nice job. Character development was great I felt like I got to know each of them well and of course I am a huge fan of forgiveness

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well if she's the best thing that ever happened to him he's had a pretty pathetic life. In a coma for 4 months and she's jumping on another guy's cock because she's so sad and lonely? No real character in her fiber. Terrible advice from counselors and Uncle Larry who should have put the past in the past and moved on. Instead he's always looking backward. He should have ignored everything that clod said and gone after his friendly doctor! She'll eventually cheat on him again and he's a fool for not seeing it. Forgiving her is a good thing... trusting her ever again is a receipt for disaster!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

hahahaha

cucky takes the slut back , pathetic .

one star

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

The question posed, better off with or without is a false dichotomy. It is used a lot but represents only one side sacrifice since the assumed answer is of course with. However, this solution means the mc in this and other lw cases must forfeit his dignity and self respect. This inner persona is something you live with every day, in quiet moments as well as social ones. To take an easily corrupted spouse back in exchange for a life long expectation of self doubt is not a good trade. She did not make a mistake. No one was forced, she just got away with it in exchange for his life remainder of stress, pain and self image. Not a good trade for him, a great deal for her, and oh so typical. Cuck.

OGHMNWOGHMNWover 1 year ago

Thank You for your Wonderful story of human emotions and relationships. I truly enjoyed it an can relate to some of it.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 1 year ago

Drgwng, I too hate the with or without cliche. The without is always the same: the loving FAITHFUL wife you THOUGHT you had. The with is what differs. Is she a conniving, cheating slut that carried on an affair until she got caught? Or is she a contrite, remorseful wife who made a one-time mistake under stress?

I think Jenn fits the latter; so I have no problem with a reconciliation.

And hey, to make the ending even happier, motherfucking Jim is DEAD!

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

I like how she cane clean. That's nice to see characters fess up to mistakes. 5/5

Nato_

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Love a good reconciliation, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, what a great example of gaslighting and manipulation. EVERYONE is minimizing her choices, calling them “a mistake”, as if all the multiple times she chose another man are collectively only one error. His mother, the counselor, his uncle who wishes that he could have been brave enough to be a cuck…

Just a horrible little tale of brainwashing. Should be in the Horror section!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Clearly, Jarred killed Jim.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars - The only thing that is good about this story is the husband filed for divorce. The worst part of this story is he failed to follow through with the divorce.

The ASSHOLE planned and executed the affair with his best friend's wife over a few months.

The SLUT was a mature over 30's woman who apparently was not mentally handicapped in any way - YET she chose to fuck the ASSHOLE. Talk about a brainless, BIMBO idiot and the worst part is the husband forgave her and gave her a second chance. He would never be able to trust her 100% ever again and that pretty much guarantees a very shitty marriage.

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

I agree with nimrod. 3 stars for RAAC crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Cannot believe rhe commenters who thinknit was a RAAC. That means "at all costs". There was plenty of costs paid. The wife suffered quite a bit of emotional anguish, hostility from her daughter, an Old Testament husband, her confession, counseling, granting the divorce and willing to give him primary custody, and a lot of remorse. If you feel Jenn cannot be forgiven and should not get a reconciliation with Matt for what she did, then there is no situation involving adultery where the spouse can be forgiven. Period. What else could she do? Lot of hate on her. Circumstances and actions and words afterwards matter. What if instead of 4 months, it had been 12 months in a coma. Yes she betrayed their marriage for that predator Jim, but everything she did after that was spot on. Seriously?

LacastrianLacastrian12 months ago

There is no justification! Nobody forced this bitch to cheat on her husband

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I’m pretty tired of comments referring to betrayed husbands as “Old Testament”. Unless he gets the ENTIRE town, lead by their PARENTS, to stone to death the adulterers, it’s NOT Old Testament punishment or thinking!

Some of you seem to believe that any response other than “Oh, well, no big deal” is being a hardass. Your view is the minority. For most people, divorce is the absolute MINIMUM consequence of breaking the marriage vows. Also, divorce isn’t a punishment. It’s simply the process of letting the government know that the marriage has been terminated.

This stories MC didn’t even go through with the divorce. He was concerned about memory loss, but apparently the part of his brain that was damaged was the area that contained his self respect and morality.

The worst part of all this is that he just taught his daughter that she can be a slut while her husband is deployed, and that she should expect no consequences. He taught his boys that women can’t be trusted, and that they are never held accountable for their choices. Good job setting up the next generation to fail, Dad!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yep gotta love the btb crowd. Previous poster has the classic btb patter down pat. I like a good revenge plot or burn as much as the next guy, but rhe circumstances here were absolutely extreme. So yeah the constantly hostile husband who won't talk to her and wants to get out the moral pitchforks when he was in a coma for months and she owns what she did and abuses herself to seek forgiveness and to atone, yeah that comes off as "Old Testament" in today's lingua franca. And yeah somehow that translates to MC is wimp for eventually taking her back and now their daughter sees that the mother has a free pass to cheat, "once a cheater, always a cheater", and now rhe daughter will clearly revel in adultery when she comes of age. Huh?

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree9 months ago

A mother's responsibility is to protect her children.

A wife's responsibility is to protect her marriage,

What are you worth, if you don't honor your responsibilities?

2 out of 5 from me.

mndhanson017mndhanson0178 months ago

Considering the lot of comments, guess they are way too Old Testament, she got caught at her weakest point with the grief that he was in a coma. It's a one time mistake, not an ongoing affair, makes me think that lot of people here if she was drugged, you'd still divorce. I didn't mind the reconciliation, she confessed and told Jim to leave her alone and did not continue contact with him after it happened that one time. She was giving Matt everything he wanted and I don't think that this allows Sidney to cheat and if she considers it, Jenn would disavow her for it, not be accepting of it, explaining her own grief that she went through, some people are lame on here. I don't mind BTB, but when it comes to one time mistake, based on the scenarios of both sides, reconciliation is an option. If he was constantly traveling and didn't talk to her husband about not being home and then cheated, then yeah, divorce, but she can't talk to him, while he's in a coma, his responsibilities are on her, which adds more to the stress she is going through.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Authors who think don't rely on the ridiculous counseling trope. It's as much a superstition as thinking wearing masks protect you and others from respiratory infections. Of course, if you watch cable and believe the msm, you won't understand.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Lol. Way to go precuous commenter with the respirator crack. Guess you have given up on science. Why do use a computer or a.smartphone then? Yeeesh. Go take some Ivermectin while you are it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow the BTB crowd is strong on this one. And yes to some prior commenters, the husband was being Old Testament. That means no forgiveness just punishmentand wrath. Eventually they got past it, but seriously she was at a really vulnerable point 4 months into his coma and Jim was a predator who used friendship to get at her. It was one time. And everything she did after that was absolutely the best one could do who had committed adultery in order to atone and be penitent. Try the New Testament. Read John John 8:7.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594196 months ago

Great job I really enjoyed the story

🙉🙈🙊💨😬

HighBrowHighBrow6 months ago

Yes, communication and counseling, those are the keys to a happy marriage. It’s all the man’s fault. Why is he so upset that his wife cheated on him with his best friend WHILE HE WAS IN A COMA!

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19815 months ago

A few things you basically allowed the counselor to come up with a excuse for why she cheated on her husband when she should have been more concerned about her husband being in a coma im not really surprised there marriage counseling is a scam there geared towards women and they suspect all men to agree with that and they even demand them to then get all pissy and shit when a man doesn't toe that line but your idea is that for a man to be happy they have to become a cuck bitch and stay with there cheating slut well let set that straight for you no real man would have taken her back you say she made a mistake but a man knows that cheating isn't a mistake its a choice a decision she could have stayed faithful but she chose to fuck another man she decided she was going to fuck her husbands friend probably happened before she just only said something about once and when he forgave her he told and showed her he wasn't a man so she is still fucking other men he kno it and probably watches and there cum out of her either way shes most definitely fucking other men cause she knows she isn't married to a man but a cuck bitch you should have tagged cuckold in this story so I could have skipped it

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not trying to btb here and I sure as hell am not condoning her actions, yes she was at her lowest with mc being in coma, that doesn't mean she could spread her legs for someone who isn't her husband. His best friend was a predator alright. But he can't take all the blame, she's to blame as well, she had lots of friends to confide her worries etc etc, she was not drug,drunk etc etc she chose to do it. She broke her marriage vows, forsaking all others, in SICKNESS????? I can see reconciliation happening here but she got off Scott free and let's not start with the counselling troupe in all this reconciliation stories, just hate it. As one comment stated it's a scam, every counseling blames the husband one way or another, and the family coming together to bring them back.. like seriously let the wife work for forgiveness if she wants a second chance.. tired of all these counselling, family, friends doing the talking troupe for the wife to bring them back and the mc just goes along with it. But it's not a bad reconciliation story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Pretty sure this falls into the "one time" slip under extenuating circumstances category (though more like two times). And even then Matt was really driven to NOT reconcile, but finally he relented. It was his decision. Those were not normal circumstances. Yes she cheated and it was reprehensible, but she owned up to it and she atoned. It took Matt a long time to take her back.

Carnes8004Carnes80044 months ago

Great set keep it up. STAY SAFE

Carioca_ManCarioca_Man4 months ago

The plot, the writing, the development of the characters' feelings, was very satisfying... But the reconciliation, in my opinion, should not have occurred.

Since the MC was in a coma due to the accident, his wife should never have allowed herself to sleep with another man, no matter that man, no matter who it was.

The adshole was a predator without shame or scruples, and he ended up deserving of the shots to the chest, which he ended up receiving.

Children should support their father, especially after knowing what happened and not suggest "when would mom come home?"

Divorce would be the most sensible option, for the sanity of the betrayed and the betrayer's resignation.

I have a lot of suspicions about counseling professionals. The question is: Do they live in perfect marriages, without crises or maladjustments?

MC should have left this relationship doomed to fail again and bet on Hot Therapist. Could do better.

But that's just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I seriously thought that Matt was going to remember having boned his secretary the morning of his accident and was not all there mentally when he got smacked by the truck. He would then have been on even ground with his slut wife and therefore forgive her.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The Physical Therapist, with a .25 baby Beretta (pocket mouse), in the motel🧐

Nothingman83Nothingman834 months ago

Those who say the reconciliation should not have occurred, are obviously related to the Jewish carpenter from Nazareth. In other words, THEY believe they are perfect, incapable of making a mistake, and have the right to throw stones. FUCK THEM.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He's not really selfish. He's just compartmentalized everything to his roles and how to perform them. He isn't using people or taking anyone for granted.

The selfish angle was silly. Always doing things for others.

He did need to communicate though. But he was in a comma, betrayed by his 2 closest people, and his daughter was getting married. He's lucky he had time to shit n breathe.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted4 months ago

A well written story.

"Think about this from your wife's perspective, or even from an eagle's perspective."

Her husband was in an accident and now a coma. Taking care of 3 children. (Very stressful.)

A close friend who she should be able to trust, is snake in the grass. (Think about someone you know like that)

A one off. Guilt. Confession. Remorse. Contrite.

Is your life better with her or without her?

Not a hard choice.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 months ago

5 stars - If anyone in these stories ever deserved a second chance, it was Jennifer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Undeserved reconciliation, not believable. He was comatose, not DEAD. And only for a matter of months, not years. And she fucked around with hist supposed FRIEND ?

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Sorry, but wife and "husband's best friend" having sex while said husband is fighting for his life is beyond reprehensible. Pathetic. I can't begin to imagine doing that to my spouse.

After the first kiss, any decent wife would have slapped the so called friend and not seen him again.

The fact she didn't told Jim it was just a matter of time until her panties came off.

I DESPISE the BS of "my life was better with her in it". No, it wasn't. I know this from experience.

I had a "Jenn" and moved on to find much better. So, so, SO VERY GLAD I didn't stay with my "Jenn".

I HOPED you would have Matt find a woman he could count on. But you RAAC'd instead. Also pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Don't know who is the bigger wimp- Larry or Matt.

No wonder women today think men are pussies- ones like Larry and Matt truly are.

Reality is that 40 something men have their pick of women, literally from teens on up, while 40 something women are on dating sites hoping to find someone, anyone.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrnebular@rnebular
4/21/2020 - I haven't posted a profile update in a long time, thought it was appropriate to do so now. I have been slowly working on several projects, but as everyone knows, life is CRAZY right now, in so many ways. That said, I have a new story for the Geek Pride event coming...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES