All Comments on 'While You Were Sleeping Pt. 03'

by rnebular

Sort by:
  • 188 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Even worse than the first two

It was inevitable. Just miserable people living miserable lives. Getting back together to be miserable. And then, (trumpet sounds) a cast of characters! Joy!

Xzy89cXzy89cover 8 years ago
The song lyrics ruined it

Was ok story till the song lyrics.

mordbrandmordbrandover 8 years ago
Eh, I liked it

Wife wasn't a serial cheater, villain got killed, main character got some perspective, and all tied up with the symbolic wedding sequence. I had my doubts after the first two, but this is a solid 4*. Since I'm sure you will get a ton of 1* from the anti-RAC crowd, I'll bump that to a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Slipped into a coma...

Not a great ending...

elHosedelHosedover 8 years ago
Good tale...

... with a reasonable conclusion. I'm more into the revenge tales of this catagory, but the circumstances laid out made this conclusion sensible, even if it felt a little pushed; the Uncle bit and the wedding sequence in particular (Given, your character needed some form of outside influence to break the loop he was in).

The Uncle's wife's circumstances were significantly different from Matt's Wife's circumstances. Facing the loss of a loved one who's in a coma and may never wake and being harangued by a neighbor cannot be compared.

As for the writing, very well done there. Your earlier tale had some problems with denoting shifting POVs, but I never found any issues with this one.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago

An incredibly lazy chapter that just has problems solved out of nowhere through no action on the part of the characters. And of course, you have to throw a bone to the anons by having violence, but you're too afraid to make the husband any more unlikable than he already was by having him actually do it.

Now, queue the anons who will still be angry because, violence or not, nothing bad happened to a woman. And after all, that's what Loving Wives is about these days. Jacking off to violence or misery when it happens to women because the fans are sad, bitter old men or angry, misogynist little anon sociopaths.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1 star

Ending sucked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Quite Good

"As for Jennifer and I, we still make passionate love to each other as often as we can."

As for Jennifer.

As for me.

As for Jennifer and me.

Come on people, it's not that hard to figure out.

Also, more ridiculous and irritating Uptalk bullshit with the question marks everywhere. How the hell old is this author? Jesus, please just stop it.

Otherwise, it had the ring of truth to it. I can't remember just how Jim kept getting her to go another step into his web, but I remember thinking it was a little too much for her too keep going long with it. Going along. Going along. She seemed pretty stupid.

Just on principle, you don't start rubbing one out with someone while your hubby is standing at the Pearly Gates. And four months is not enough time to go over the edge unless you are a really weak minded person. But there she was.

It is, however, to the author's credit that one comes to sympathize with this couple. Probably because she was just a hapless dipshit and not a pathological cheater. On the other hand, even though the pain of the spouses was there, I don't remember feeling that real burning in the chest like a cheating incident will cause a husband.

So Jim had to get all croaked off? Frankly, it would be more true to life if Jim just kept on living as he did before. It is more real if both hubby and his cheatin' dipshit of a wife had to deal with the guy once in a while. Killing him off is too easy for the reconciliation. Usually you're just going to have to see the guy around once in a while and learn how to deal with it. You could deal with that, right? Not.

Also, why does everyone in Hollywood and media and I guess in Litland as well just go ahead and slobber all over the place talking like fools to police officers? So fucking foolish. It is unbelievably naive. This isn't Dragnet, you dopes. You have NO idea whatsoever what you are getting into. Watch "Don't Talk To Police" 2-part video on youtube. Extremely entertaining and informative. Really, you have no idea how easy it is to incriminate yourself. Even when you "did nothing wrong" you can get an obstruction of justice charge very easily.

All in all, though, this was a good series.

ps Did you ever read Her Blue Dodge Minivan? That last section will hit you like a sledgehammer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
zed0 the ped0 - a mile from the schoolyard you nonce!

And quit hanging around the "Cuck E Cheese!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
*

A 1* star pathetic fairytale, totally unbelievable and a rushed ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1 star

Fuck you and fuck your bullshit narrative.

The whole thing with Uncle Larry? A mistake? Bringing another man into his own house, into their marital bed, is just a mistake? And look how much she didn't give a fuck in the first place since she remarried so soon after the divorce.

Jesus, this is fucking pathetic. Kill yourself, you apologist/adultery-enabling piece of shit.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 8 years ago
Sad

She was weak. It happens. She was going through a lot and not everyone can handle that. She was obviously contrite. She admitted it, FFS. Sooner than was healthy.

I found the husband to be unlikable. Whiney. As you can tell by my username I'm not opposed to wives, husbandso, couples playing around. I don'the like cheaters, generally. But in this case he had a bad case of Martyr's Syndrome. Therapy, pennance, and retribution.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
An inescapable ending...

An inescapable ending...They loved each other...They had 3 children together...She wasn't a serial cheater...she suffered as much as he did with the cheating...She came clear with him, she didn't tryed to hide it...The only issue that didn't belong to the picture was the death of Jim...Why? The writer put Jim talking in the beginning of this part...Why didn't he put Jim describing what lead him to his death? The crime could have been unsolved, but we had an idea, as we had about his first beating...Or more simple let him live is solitary and unhappy life...3*

gldngolfergldngolferover 8 years ago
Ok tale

Reconciliation with the wife doesn't bother me. But everything in this chapter just didn't grab me. Like some others have commented, Jim's death and the uncle's story seemed out of place and I was distracted by the daughter's wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
a typical

1 star performing newer wannabe taler

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 great LW sex story

dear annony doesn't understand this at al. His wife left him because he has no cock1 And she made him one a cuck of the 1st degree.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Fair Weather Wife

It is funny that no one has pointed out the obvious. She cheated as many women do because she was getting ready to leave her marriage. No, she didn't have a bad marriage, she had just lost faith that her husband would recover. Somewhere inside, she was ready to quit on him and take up with his best friend. If he had died, this might have been a great strategy for her. Unfortunately, he lived and they both had to face the truth - she was ready to leave him behind. So, that is the measure of her love for him. 4 months or less and she was ready to quit. She would not stand a military deployment or many other obstacles that life throws at you. Weak? Hell yes! Weak love! What cannot be denied is how weak her bond was with him and her kids. She cheated on them all. This is the real problem, it is not just sex, it is the fact that she is a fair weather wife. After his grueling recovery, and his offer from his beautiful therapist - he really should have thought this situation through. Who needs a fair weather wife? There is a lot more to life than being married to a loser. Victory goes to the brave, the cowards can stay home with the cuckolds and the sluts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

VOTE 1* FOR EVERY STORY RATED BY THAT TRANNY BITCH FOOL VASTIESMITH2 AKA BONNIETAYLOR2 AKA ANON!

TexasBBTexasBBover 8 years ago
Solid Finish

I know the BTB crowd will hate the way you ended this, but you ended it with a very realistic reconciliation. Sometimes mistakes are just that. Mistakes. Doesn't mean she's out trolling bars for her next hookup when he's not around. She made a mistake. It was a biggie. She didn't try to hide it or shift responsibility. He chose to forgive and sometimes that's the right thing to do.

Well done series. Looking forward to more of your submissions.

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
Agree with Texas BB

Sometimes a mistake is just a mistake. She made it, she learned from it, and she still loved her husband. To divorce someone that you love, and who really loves you, all because you feel the need to be a martyr and protect your pride is pointless. If he kept on that path, he would have never moved on. She, on the other hand would have. He would have turned into a bitter old man who couldn't let go of the person who wronged him. He would grow even more bitter because of the loneliness that came with his decision. If he did have a relationship with another woman, distrust and bitterness would have followed him into that union. That relationship would have a high likelihood of failing. The only place that women actually want to be with bitter old men is in a Stangstar story.

She on the other hand would have been depressed for a while. She would have blamed herself for the destruction of the marriage. However, she would have forgiven herself. Her counselor would have helped her on that aspect. If she got into another relationship, she would have been the best wife possible because she would have been determined not to make the same mistake twice.

Seen it happen to a few divorced couples. One person slips up, cheats due to the perfect storm of circumstance, confesses because of guilt, and is never forgiven. If the cheated spouse divorces because of pride, they move on a lot slower than the cheater. The cheated on spouse never lets go of the love which has turned to hatred. The cheater however usually accepts that it is over, and it is their fault. Accepting blame for a situation usually allows you to confront your weaknesses and fix them. This helps the healing process and allows this person to move on.

Glad they worked it out though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks for trying, but you have a really weak story telling style.

This was a good plot, but I think the story was told in an awkward and book report style. Instead of letting your characters act out the story, with the actual dialogue and actions, you have your characters narrate their story, telling us what they did and why they did it. Its a dramatically different presentation.

Imagine a stage where you have characters acting out scenes from the story, but they are in the back ground, and the people in the audience cannot hear what they are saying. And at the front of the stage is a narrator, telling us what the characters are doing and saying, and why. That is how your story reads. You describe to us what people said, did, and why, but you have very little actual dialogue. See if you can tell the difference from these two examples:

1. "Mom, how could you do this to Dad? I thought you love him. What happened?" "Sidney, I'm so sorry. Please, let me explain exactly how it happened. You are old enough to understand, and maybe if I can explain how I got myself to the point of allowing this to happen I can help keep you from making a similar mistake some day. Will you let me do that? It will be painful, embarrassing, and humiliating. God, I was so stupid. But I want you to understand and I promise to be completely honest with you." "OK, Mom. But I have to warn you, I am so disappointed. If our family breaks up other this I will hate you!" "No more than I already hate myself, Sidney." Jennifer begins to cry, but continues. "So, as you know Jim had always been a part of our family as your Dad's best friend. Well, when you father became hospitalized it seemed natural and caring for Jim to . . ." And so Jennifer's explanation to Sidney begins, and continues in her own voice, with Sidney asking questions and reacting to what Jennifer is telling her. This dialogue would continue until Jennifer has told the entire progression of events that finally led to her fucking Jim. It would be rather long, as opposed to the style you used, as follows:

2. Jennifer narrating: So I sat down with Sidney and tried to explain to her what happened between Jim and I. I don't mind telling you it was a very difficult and tearful conversation. I thought I would die from embarrassment. But I didn't want Sidney to make the same mistakes I had made. I knew I had broken her heart and that she probably hated me, but I was hating myself just as much. We must have talked for over an hour.

So it should be obvious why many authors use example 2 rather than example 1 to tell a story. Example 2 is shorter and easier, and you can just tell the reader what the emotions were, rather than having the reader perceive the emotions from the dialogue and interaction. It is easier to write, "Jennifer was really really sorry," than it is to convey all the thoughts, actions, and words that demonstrate her sorrow. But I think most readers would find example 1 the much more interesting method of telling the story. What do you think?

I suggest you channel your obvious writing energy into some formal writing courses, with real time reviewing and editing to learn alternative writing styles. I think when you find the style you enjoy, and that your readers enjoy, you will be on the right track.

Good luck with your future writing.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 8 years ago
Ditto TexasBB and Javmor79

I would also add that the mistake she made -and I am not condoning it - is kind of understandable. He was in a coma. She didn't know if he'd come out of it. She certainly had no way of knowing he'd come out of it that very night. She slipped once. She felt deep remorse even before the husband awakened. She confessed right away, on her own. I never approve of cheating, but what is the right time frame when your spouse is comatose? If four months is too soon to seek "other attention" is six months too soon? A year? Five years? I don't know. I really don't. But I do feel that it's a mitigating factor. Of all of the cheating wives I have read about on this site, whose husbands didn't do anything wrong at all, this is the one I have the most understanding of. The world isn't always black or white. This infidelity -while still wrong -was in my mind less wrong than most. And for that I really thank the author. He got me to think of something that I am pretty absolute about in a different and less absolute way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
(Nonethewiser )said all that needed to be said

I quess one can get angry after finding out you love one slipped. But a divorce over one mistake ,a coma and a great marriage , a loving wife sure we can forgive that. NONTHEWISER comment was perfect.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
Nonethewiser is probably correct in his assessment of this story

I don't like RAAC stories, but in this case it sort of makes sense. A couple of other comments called husband "whiney" - I don't see that - guy was almost killed and had to do a bunch of painful therapy. Not sure who popped old Jim - probably a jealous husband or spurned lover. I gave this one four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed your series. You covered the gamut of emotions and in the end, the forgiveness was deserved and love truly conquered all.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
I tried really hard to like this story.

It had a lot of elements that are needed in a story. The writing was good, didn't have any glaring spelling or punctuation errors, the dialogue flowed fairly well and the characters were believable in the first chapter. After that, when the therapist was brought in and it slid into the whole thing being the husband's problem I began to see that this wouldn't end well. Of course the wife would move on easier than the husband. She had already began her move when she started "dating" Jim and the husband was behind in the scenario from the beginning. The fact that you also involved his mother in his cuckolding, on the wife's side, was also a despicable thing for you to do. I do however think you pegged the kids. The daughter was old enough to realize just how hurtful her mother had been and the boys were just involved with their own lives. I think that's how kids that age work.

Now, as for the reconciliation, that was the husbands choice, his to make all along but he was pushed into it without actually having reason to do so. He knew she had given up on him and the marriage, and had a question to answer. Would she do it again? I think she would have. Her counseling session only helped her excuse what she did. His counseling sessions just laid the blame on him. If he really wanted to work with a therapist he should have gone to one that wasn't invested in his wife. That's kind of like two people who are fighting each other in a divorce using the same lawyer, one gets the loyalty and the other gets used. Badly. So, to make a long comment longer, I didn't much like the story progression or the plot devices used to force the reconciliation. Sorry, 2 stars for the story, 4 for the writing. 3 stars overall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Weak story

I would have divorced her without all this pathetic drama. If I'm going to stay with someone for the rest of my life, I want someone who will stay with me, being faithful and loyal, through thick and thin and not someone who caves so easily to pressure.

If you wanted your readers to be more sympathetic toward the wife, you should have made the coma last longer, because giving up on her husband (because for something like this to happen, somewhere inside she had already given up) after four months is pathetic. And it doesn't help matters that after this there's all the whiny drama from the husband and him being blamed for what she did.

spredmspredmover 8 years ago
Very Nice

Good story good decision we all make mistakes

deeptroubledeeptroubleover 8 years ago
Excellent story with a good flow

Wow, the haters really lay it on thick don't they?

I really liked the story. Well written, appropriate drama between characters, especially how cheating can cause guilt and doubt between both parties. I think the guilt and doubt don't hit all couples but based on the character of each in this story it's appropriate. Then the reconciliation...I enjoy some BTB stories for the entertainment factor, and sometimes for the necessary separation factor, but in this case BTB wouldn't have been the right course. So in my opinion the reconciliation was perfect and certainly made for a positive outcome for the characters.

Great job. I look forward to more of your writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

When her family needed her the most, when her husband was at his most vulnerable, she was off fucking his best friend. A friend who had already tried to kiss her before, so she knew what he was after. With "mistakes" like that, who needs betrayals?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I m a very against cheaters and staying together but sometimes it's a way different situation. It was very soon to fall but part of had so much hope and another part in the back of her mind thought he would never wake up. No excuse but they were close friends and he was there for her and the kids. The kiss although planted the seed and he kept on her with a ear to listen over dinner and drinks . Things happen quick and that why I always say a married person should never put themselves in a position where there is familiarity or people of the opposite sex while there is drinking around. You might not intend to or say you would never but putting yourself in a situation anything could happen that one time. The friend wanted more even after hubby woke up which makes him worse. She felt to guilty to not tell him and risked everything to be honest. A rare but right choose to stay together. Not sure if I'd be strong to forgive if it were me but wish I could be if ever put in that situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Written more like a new article

# 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
All Parts Worked

Everything fit together here, even the "best friend" and marriage counselor. Well done, and worth waiting for all the parts to come together.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Why was Jim killed by the author?

Why did RNebular decide to off Sweetie's (very brief) Bull? He had already been beaten by Hubby (and does ANYbody believe two experienced cops would not know Jim had recent signs of a beating AND the Hubby's hand also had fight signs!) Even Jim's (emasculating) prior beating by a hubby had only one purpose in being included in this accounting ... which was to demonstrate his marginal character. Since THAT Sweetie had lied or omitted to mention her marital status to Jim, that demonstration was, itself, marginal!

Also missing was any prior demonstration of Hubby having such strong feelings about cheating. In a venue where hubbies, in some cases, actively assist (or even insist) Sweetie getting nailed, this aspect of Hubby shoulda been presaged.

3*

jasonnhjasonnhover 8 years ago
Not with a bang but with a wimp(er)

The funny thing is, I don't have a serious problem with them getting back together. She cheated on him when an untrustworthy friend put the moves on her when she was under terrible stress and loosened her up by getting her drunk. She immediately realized she had screwed up and told him to get lost. Yes, she was weak but somewhat understandably so.

However, the mechanism used to reunite them was pathetic.

First we have to make Matt guilty. So when he responds to the smiles and touches of a pretty woman by noticing she is pretty and coming on to him and gasp, getting a erection, a mostly automatic response, what a BAD boy he is. His mother even scolds him. Naughty, naughty.

Then along comes Uncle Larry who is the classic divorced loser. He could never move on and is miserable. Why do I get the feeling that if Larry had stuck with his wife he wouldn't have been able to get over her infidelity and be miserable as well. Why? Because Larry is a wallower. He focuses on the bad and sticks with it. Of course we, and Matt are supposed to see a miserable and lonely future is in store for all those who divorce. I call BS.

Then we get the nice counselor who tells him he is too self focused. Well, that's a bit weird because most counselors will tell you to focus on yourself, your feelings, and your behavior because we cannot really know for sure why others behave the way they do, what they really think, or how they feel. Nor can we control their actions, their feelings, or their thoughts. So again BS.

Matt obediently and conveniently goes off to consider how HE, who was in a coma and incapable of interacting in any way, was at fault. WOW! Then we go through a couple more meetings with Rose, a graduation and a wedding and POOF, the divorce is called off, obviously because the irrefutable logic of Larry and Rose have opened Matt's eyes and heart. Awwwwwwww. It's a bit odd that the one person he really needs to have a heart to heart with, his wife Jennifer, seems to be sidelined during the wrapup of the story.

But of course he beat Jim to a pulp and then Jim is conveniently and mysteriously murdered so I guess that makes Matt not-a-wimp, at least by coincidence. I have to wonder how a guy so disabled that he is going through PT to recover and can't drive or work manages to wipe out a normal healthy guy? Spinach?

The ending of the story is a bunch of occurrences that are pretty weak but are supposed to be the reason for his change of heart. It's all pretty mushy. In the end, he decided as he did because that's what the author wanted him to do. Why, it's magical.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
It didn't start out as "the husband's problem," but eventually turned out that way

Once Matt decided that he wanted to forgive Jennifer, the fact that he wasn't able to did become his problem to solve, because there was no way that anyone else could do it for him. And I don't think Rose the therapist was a problem; Matt went to her specifically asking for advice on a way to reconcile, and that's what she provided.

Reconciliation in this case was purely a judgement call on Matt's part. Yes, there's a chance that Jennifer will let him down again in the future. It's a risk he decided to accept.

The one unsatisfying part of the story for me was not finding out who killed Jim. Hopefully, the author is saving that for a try at a detective story sometime in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
RAAC with a WACC

Frontlinecaster: 

" Jacking off to violence or misery when it happens to women because the fans are sad, bitter old men or angry, misogynist little anon sociopaths."

I'd say the true sociopaths are those like flc, Bonnie, et. al. that no matter how bad a "mistake" a woman makes she must be unconditionally forgiven while (not whilst) the slightest indiscretion on the part of a man means he should be instantly kicked to the curb no matter how much he "loves" his wife. They are all misandrists!

"How DOES this look from someone who might be watching us, like my kids for instance?".

Indeed. What lesson will his sons and daughter learn? Will Sidney be expected to forgive and forget Jarred's cheating on her? When the sons future wives make a "mistake" will they be expected to forgive their wife? Matt the doormat and his doormat offspring.

" I was starting to realize, that maybe, I was part of the problem. I was starting to think I had a selfish streak, and was doing a lot of things in my life ONLY for me. My family meant more to me than anything, but if I was worrying more about myself than others too much, it could be hurting them."

Good grief... It was his fault the truck ran into him putting him in a comma and his weak willed slut wife fucked his best friend... God was he selfish to expect his wife to stick with him "in sickness and in health".... But vows don't meaning anything to the twisted minds here. His wife certainly didn't care about him or keeping her vows while he was "sleeping". So who was being selfish? I guess he was for not sticking with the bitch "for better or worse". And she certainly was worse... not better.

The real question is will Jenn forgive and forget, as she has expected to be forgiven, Matt's "mistakes" should he choose to have one (and let's hope he has the balls to find a "mistake" of his own). We all make mistakes right? What a great excuse for a lack of moral fiber. And of course women must be forgiven theirs while men never can be. What a bunch of crap that is. So what happens down the road? His wife's libido drops to zero at menopause. She's feeling old and ugly because - well she is old and ugly. He feels the need after four months of not getting any to fuck his young sexy horny co-worker.... Jenn of course forgives Matt. Right? Or does she kick him to the curb because his mistake is unforgivable unlike hers which must be forgiven.

Sorry this kind of "reconciliation" without getting even, actually getting ahead, just doesn't work for me. Matt the doormat. Matt the cuckold. Matt the sexual inferior (inferior to his wife). Matt so afraid of ending up alone instead of being a man and starting over with a hot sexy woman. Matt willing to settle for a weak willed cheater that will probably cheat on him again should he be in the hospital after a heart attack or stroke or cancer and unavailable for his wife. Plenty of stud doctors for her to fuck. Right?

looking4itlooking4itover 8 years ago

A cast of characters? Seriously???

Sugna, did we read the same story? You might have this mixed up with another recent story.

Matt needed to lighten up, and he did. That doesn't mean reconciliation but realizing this was not a long term well planned affair was important to making a decision he could live with in the long run. She was ever contrite even when she realized he wasn't getting it so the possibility of forgiveness is plausible. Interested in knowing why you killed Jim off but for no apparent reason. Complete waste of time to me.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
Re: Why was Jim killed by the author?

A more important question is 'Did Jim write his first-person section of the story before or after he died?'

L

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Okay story but....

You could have left everything about his daughters marriage out and the story would have been better. And why kill Jim and not tell us who killed him? That made no sense. His meetings with the therapist were strangely lacking in detail and his reasons for not divorcing his wife seemed weak at best. 2 stars.

hpldwghpldwgover 8 years ago
Liked it

I am not a RAAC fan, but reconciliation seemed to me to be the best outcome in this story. There will certainly be other commenters who will disagree, and they are just as entitled to their opinion as I am to mine. The characters were realistic and the story was easy to believe, "true to life", so to speak. To rnebular: Thank you for sharing your creation with your readers.

john1946john1946over 8 years ago
Nice

Hplwg said it as well as I could. This ending worked.

RhomanovRhomanovover 8 years ago
****

Good writing however too many vague or hanging threads.

Jim's death.

Basing on his Uncle's experience.

I, I, I, nothing changed....

Mistake? Why?

Rose was sort of left to trickle away.

I am going to do for me she said. That went where?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Am i the only one who see that?

Matt: I finally decided to move forward with a divorce, but hated it. (actually i enjoy every second of emotional bullying that i am causing to others)

Matt: We were supposed to grow old together (but i am immature drama queen so its not gonna happen)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You're kidding, right?

First of all, just getting rid of Jim like that is beyond lame. You set up a murder and then don't solve it. That and the part from him at the beginning smacks of you getting comments about how little he was getting blamed for things, so you just wanted some quick and dirty stuff to cover it.

<P>

Then, I can't fathom why she wants him back. Yeah, she fucked up -- literally -- but he acts and treats he like she was been doing this all their married live. She made a mistake, but he's an asshole.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
"Drama queen"

A "drama queen" is someone who makes a big emotional eruption to something trivial. There are probably a lot of husband characters in LW stories who think it's trivial if their wives have sex with other men, or even get hard thinking about it. There are probably just as many, if not more, who go postal and start planning massacres, arson or bombings. Matt doesn't seem to be either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Coward

Jim is a coward

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Had to turn

Him into a pussy.must have English blood in you

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Story

Story started out good, a good BTB and then it turned to total shit. This was a Matt M cuck story. Maybe he should find the guy and have the skank wife taken care of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
BURN THE BITCH

So what if you spend the rest of your life in misery. So what if your entire family experience lessened and so many things that could have meant a great deal more are reduced. So what if your actions result in your kids and grandkids having a less complete family experience. Nothing and I mean nothing matters so much as the Bitch getting burned. Idiots, complete idiots.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

&quot;So what if you spend the rest of your life in misery. So what if your entire family experience lessened and so many things that could have meant a great deal more are reduced. So what if your actions result in your kids and grandkids having a less complete family experience. Nothing and I mean nothing matters so much as the Bitch getting burned. Idiots, complete idiots.&quot;

Replace &quot;bitch getting burned&quot; with &quot;itch getting scratched&quot; and this could have been the thought process of the wife in this story at the time she was betraying her marriage.

user110user110over 8 years ago
so who killed jim?

why would you even put that in there and leave us hanging like that? shoulda left jim hanging and called it suicide if you just wanted him out of the picture.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A Decent Outcome

Part 1 gave short shrift to the family trauma of dad's coma to get to the juicy infidelity, but was mostly ok, except for seeming to foreshadow a likely pregnancy coming. Part 2 fumbled around with what to do about it all--no pregnancy, but no forgiveness and no resolution. Part 3 finally got some perspective and proportionality; there is forgiveness and familial resolution....The BTB folks fail to grasp that this family experienced 3 traumas. One was his accident and injuries and coma for 4 months, which would have traumatized his wife and kids; the family needed to gradually recover and heal from that....Two was hubby and kids learning of her one-time infidelity during his coma, which hardly seemed important in the larger scheme except that hubby is sent into an emotional tailspin. Three was when he rejects his wife and breaks apart the for family for many months, as he and all of them struggle to come to grips with her infidelity and the rest. The family's three traumas--happening as they do, one after another--is felt as one extended and prolonged piece because there is no time to recover and heal before the next trauma occurs. Thus, the author chose well to let time be the healer. With time comes perspective on events and on valued emotional connections as well some sense of proportion on how a close caring family disrupted by trauma need each other pulling together, rather than apart, in order to heal....As for Jim's death? Perhaps a red herring? Had us thinking one of the family did something....But it is fair to consider, that as we interact with friends, neighbors, and relatives, we never know everything about them. So, it is OK for there to be a mystery that endures.

driv2u2driv2u2over 8 years ago
Ha good one

Like it , knew the inbreds would comment , anonymous as always .lol

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Well written reconciliation

It is not like she decided not to wear panties when she went out with Jim and she did suffer immediate remorse. Her sin was due to circumstances and she did not revel in it. So why does this get in an absolutist treatment from so many commentators?

Good story.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 8 years ago
Much Ado About Not Too Much

I have had three partnerships over the period of about 50 years and to my knowledge none of the three have been unfaithful. On my side I managed to avoid getting involved with women outside my marriages. The fact that only the third did not fail had nothing to do with infidelities, but just ran out of gas at some point, makes me, perhaps, the wrong person to weigh in on the major issue of this story, but that won't stop me from offering a somewhat uninformed opinion.

As Uncle Larry says, do you give up on a lifetime of love and connectedness because of a brief lapse in judgment? People make mistakes all the time and aren't punished with life imprisonment (or life excommunication) because of it. We tend to place such a huge emphasis on the sex act that the thought of a foreign cock entering the sacred vagina of our beloved woman is a crime of unbelievable consequences that cannot be forgiven. Now, if she's screwing around or having a long-term affair and actually "cheating" that's a state of mind that's unacceptable. But an honest mistake like we had in this story and many other Loving Wives stories has to be analyzed in the context that it deserves.

Our boy Matt should be taken out and spanked for not realizing that Jenn was going through a really tough time herself and deserves a break. Fortunately our author brought in the Uncle Larry story which puts the whole thing in proper prospective. Matt should have realized that Jenn was in a bad place with her love in a 4 month coma and was very vulnerable. His pussy hound of a friend, Jim, was the villain of the piece and should be punished while Jenn should have been comforted and permitted to atone for her transgression. We are given a good story and a satisfactory outcome although there were indeed two anomalous happenings which were unnecessary: the PT doctor hitting on Matt (by the way, physicians never get involved with the actual therapy themselves - that's done by licensed therapists who are experts) and Jim's murder. Otherwise Not Bad: 4*

cpetecpeteover 8 years ago
Lots of comments

both pro and con on your story from posters-so BRAVO, you got a lot of people emotionally hooked (and that is the whole point of a tale).

RAAC is always a tough one to write and many posters have pointed out why it worked in your story, or why it would not have worked.

Me ? I just enjoyed the fun ride-thanks for posting.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago

Normally the point of a story is to get people invested.

Here though in loving wives the point of to pander to the lowest common denominator of violent little anon sociopaths by featuring violence or death.

Congratulations to this story for not doing that, even if it was rushed and dull. But that's the reason you see so many comments, the anons are upset that he didn't murder her.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
A Good Reading Story****

Interesting and entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

Rw43Rw43over 8 years ago
After 7 pages of literary circumlocution,

the husband finally realizes that life is moving on without him. Once he completes his therapy and loses his daughter (read that as "wife-substitute"), he realizes that he misses the emotional support--and sex--found most readily in a spouse. So clap! Clap! Happy! Happy! Forgive! Forgive, so hubby can go back to taking all the services Jenn offered a wee bit too generously.

Speaking of cheating, Matt is guilty of the same damn thing as his wife. But Matt's emotional cheating, while never physical, was intentional, protracted and punitive. He deprived his wife of far more than she ever deprived him of. And he found what he needed in other women, which is what cheating really is. He was a coward in how he treated both his ex-friend and his wife, and he was never honest with either one.

Jenn was weak-willed and emotionally-dependent, but she gave in to a trusted, benevolent stalker. Then she was transparent to a fault, guilt-ridden and easily manipulated by the husband she had supported for months. But now that her love could actually have functional effect, she--weakly--allowed her husband to deny them both of the bonding that could have restored some of their trust, if she had aided Matt in his recovery.

Readers say that Jim's unsolved murder was a distracting element. I disagree. I think the author used it--unnecessarily--to emphasize Jenn's victimhood, by implying that Jim was really a slimeball that neither of them really knew. Such a development might make readers more sympathetic toward her, but I doubt it. If Jenn was not worthy of forgiveness before, this didn't change anything.

I guess you knew the gutlessly anonymous BTB-types would not be happy with the conclusion of your story, even though it took our intrepid hero 77% of the story to acknowledge ANY virtue on his wife's part. I'm glad our blithe dim-bulb of a hero finally awoke out of his 4-month mental coma and his equally devastating subsequent emotional coma, and gave his easily-manipulable wife the closure she needs by allowing her to come home and serve her family. Maybe one day he will even learn to love her.

Congratulations on getting so many comments and reads out of what was essentially a very pedestrian story. I found the writing style similar to the aforementioned book report, but your characters were real. While the plot moved slowly, if at all, we all could see ourselves there--even with our flaws of weakness, guilt, cowardice and emotional manipulation, so it didn't project as boring. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I think it unfair that you didn't disclose the full extent of his injuries.

You made much about his head injury all through the story, but waited until the very end to let us know he had also been castrated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well written and engaging, as well as carefully edited....

....just tell me one thing...why did he "stick to his guns so long without any further self justification than "he just couldn't get past it"?

Usually, someone wronged and adamant will work through their hurt and anger with a lot of chest-beating and often will come out the other end with a long laundry let of "reasons" that they have to go through with a divorce.

Most do. I'm told something a little less than 1/4 get back together, remarry and live happily. A friend that did just that said the divorce was an acknowledgement and the price of the infidelity. The re-marriage was acceptance of mutual love and acknowledging that they were better and happier together, than apart.

Thank you.

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 8 years ago
Very good story!

Anyone who is always on the side of a BTB or RAC end of a Loving Wives story is either unthinking or unfeeling, or both. This story is a perfect example of a justifiable reconciliation. She was guilty of a kiss and a quick fuck during a time of high stress and weakness. Also, though it wasn't explicitly stated, she was at least little submissive. This, as well as her trusting nature, made her easy to manipulate by Jim. Add to that, it took him months to do it! They deserved to be back together. It just took Matt a while to figure it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
That was very nice

tYpank you.

illjoyilljoyabout 8 years ago
3*

RAAC yuck, great writing though didn't like ending at all

ParttimereaderParttimereaderabout 8 years ago
Communication

"... but perhaps sitting down with her and talking it out might help." Takes 9 pages before he realises this!!!

And then says I'm not going to divorce you before they have a chance to really talk.

Mixed up dude. At least he got it right. One drunken fumble does not deserve to throw it all away without some serious discussion.

BTB move on now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The agony of the husband

is drawn out excessively....

There is no explanation for Jim's death... could it be he was screwing up someone else's marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Really liked it.

I could go for a novelization of this story. 4 Stars. Could have gone for more details from Jennifer's side of things.

Jack99Jack99almost 8 years ago
@Anonymous - Jims death

I agree - I had to know why Jim died. So I contacted my special source, and he let me know.

Jim went out drinking one night, and got roaring drunk. He noticed a short woman hanging around a man that was so cool, he was wearing sunglasses inside the bar. Jim decided to win her away from Mr. cool, and succeeded to get her into his car, and to his hotel room, even though he was so drunk he could barely stand.

He was killed later by a blind man for raping his dog.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The kids seem like assholes.

One is an adult, the other two borderline, and meanwhile mom is wrking full time on a shit budget, trying to keep her shit together, spending time with her husband at the hispital . While the kids ignore him and seem to have endless parties while mom ke e ps house. They care so little that scumbag cunt gets an easy in helping wife pick up slack. Then dad wakes up, mom cheated and suddenly they care? But not enough to avoid immediately ramming a wedding down his throat? That shit makes this forgiveable, but i cant fathom how an otherwise nice couple gives birth to 3 sanctimoniously sociopathic assholes. Ugh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The wife fucks another guy and

The husband is the one who is "selfish"? terrible rationalization for a reconciliation

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
AT WHAT PART DOES STUPIDITY BECOME DUMB-ITY

while all the BS happened the world kept spinning, TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Enjoyed it

What I didn't get was all the negative comments about the husband being a jerk. She was treated better than she deserved. She wasn't seduced. She kept going back even after there were warning signs.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

Nothing new today! Going go comment on all three chapters here -

Chapter One -

I'm sorry, even a "chaste" kiss. with a TEXT(!) apology is a huge red flag.

And she needed an adult to talk to who understood her pain? First of all her kids may not be adults, but they're not children, they are teenagers, 15, 16 and 17, and there are both sets of grandparents. That's 4 adults and 3 near adults, all of whom feel your pain more than Jim, since they share it!

Then she gets a flash of "extreme anger" Matt?! Boy, when he gets out of that coma he better apologize for getting hit by a fucking truck!

She kisses him back, is ashamed, promises herself never to be alone with Jim again, and only a couple of weeks later agrees to go out with him?

I'm sorry, yes Jim seduced her, but she at least had an idea what was going on, that's why she decided not to be alone with him again. Then she DOES go out with him and drinks too much? I'm sorry it is 90% on her. Jim just took advantage of what she gave him, even with the "apology" she should have pushed him FAR away. It doesn't say, but I'll bet that he made the "arrangements" which were probably phony to begin with.

"There is nothing I can do to take away the hurt I caused your father." - It's not just the hurt you caused HIM! How about the hurt you caused your kids, your parents, his parents, hell, even yourself, not that you don't deserve it!

And I don't remember if it was this chapter or not, but these things rarely come out of left field. I'm sure looking back she will see many instances of Jim flirting a bit, little touches, that were laughed off at the time.

VERY minor point - why would she have to hold him up while he peed? Wouldn't he just sit down?

Chapter Two -

Another minor point - Are physical therapists typically doctors?

"I was able to stand up to go pee, instead of having to sit now." - I thought he WAS standing?In Chapter 1 he mentioned Jenn holding him up while he peed.

As someone else said, Sidney took him to the counselor and waited in the lobby, but he left with his mom?

Let me get this straight - she's DESPERATE for Matt to forgive her and take her back; she KNOWS he will never accept her being pregnant with Jim's baby; yet if she had been pregnant she wouldn't have had an abortion? She's delusional!

"I still had no intention of sleeping with any other man, so had no need to get on birth control" - She had no intention of sleeping with another man when she let Jim fuck her, and we see how that worked out! Get your tubes tied!

Chapter Three -

Why are we getting Jim's lame-ass excuses? There is NO justification for what he did!

I don't believe for a second that there was ever a second couple; he has admitted his obsession with Jenn, it only makes sense that he would engineer a solo date with her.

"Honestly I wasn't even sure if he knew that I knew yet" - If he didn't know you knew, wouldn't he wonder why you hadn't been in touch?

"I saw it in her eyes when you were walking towards me. That woman WANTS you." - So, how does that translate into HIM putting the moves on HER?

"but I still felt guilty" - Huh? He's got NOTHING to feel guilty about! He made not be divorced, but he's in the process, and they are separated, even if it isn't a legal separation. And he didn't come on to her, SHE came on to HIM, and if she turned him on, that's only natural!

"I didn't kill him, but there was no way I was going to admit fighting with him, either." - He should either admit to the beating, or at least go to a criminal attorney and get his/her opinion. Even if he has a good alibi for the shooting, if it should come out that he lied about the beating it would look bad for him, maybe he hired someone to do the killing!

I'm sorry, it is NOT selfish to not want your wife to FUCK your best friend and to be extremely pissed off when she does!

"I was being selfish again." - Huh? He just got through saying he was doing it all for his daughter's sake, so how is that being selfish?

I'm torn, I don't mind reconciliation, and as his uncle says would he be happier with her than without her, but her INCREDIBLE stupidity to put herself in that position, especially going on that date around TWO weeks after promising herself to NEVER be alone with Jim again, makes me want him to go through with the divorce and see what's out there, maybe Dr. Swinson! Maybe after a few years they could reconcile and re-marry.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 8 years ago
just a thought

. I'm not exonerating Jenn. In spite of what she rationalized. She dated Jim. She kissed back. With passion . And she screwed him in the back of a damn car. How pathetic was that? Everyone dumped Jim under the bus. Granted he screwed his best friend's wife. But, no one held a gun to her head. How convenient that she felt remorse....after the act, and not before. To her credit she confessed immediately. Comparing Matt ' s situation to his uncles is a stretch. The wife didn't make a mistake. She had an affair and made plans to have sex behind her husband's back, in his own bed no less. That you rewarded her slutty actions by rewarding her with a happy marriage is kind of low down. Anyway, that's my take.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The luckiest man alive

He's married to a faithless slut. And he thinks he's lucky?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I hate cheaters and his wife is really fucked up but I'd give a little slack with all the emotions. She felt hub years gone most likely and Jim was such a close friend helping out . Doesn't it usually go this way after a death of a spouse, a close friend or a coworker move in with all the help and sympathy. I don't agree or condone it and as for his best friend that's a disgrace. You should always stay from married woman and even more so with a friend . He fucked his best friends wife , manipulated her emotions knowing after he kissed her that she was leaning back and forth but pushed until he fucked her. I still would think it's against a code but he could of waited until he possibly died. I know it's right that they got back together but I just don't know if I could've if in that same situation. I would alway see in my head him fucking her and knowing all her sounds and reactions in bed would make me crazy everytime we fucked. It's hard and she's living with a different pain everyday mentally

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Garbage

Cheating is bad enough, but doing it when the other person needs you the most just made her a heartless selfish cum dumpster..... She knew what Jim was doing yet kept going back so she and only she is to blame for this....... This author clearly has no clue about what a real man with any sort of pride and self esteem would do...... Garbage story, just so full of cliché and weak husband...…

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago

Well written with a good storyline. Jenn had been a good and faithful wife up until that point in the marriage. Not making excuses for her but she was stressed and somewhat intoxicated when she was unfaithful. She could have kept her mouth shut and avoided the whole thing but she was honest enough to confess knowing it would probably end in divorce. She had nothing else to do with Jim and didn't go off whoring around after the separation. Considering that Matt still loved her and their family ties I think he made the right decision. Could I have been so forgiving under the same circumstances, I think I could but only once.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Wrapped up

This was a good ending. I still get frustrated at betrayed men who can't see past their pride, but at least he finally pulled his head out. I don't understand why the friend got shot- was that supposed to be karma? I think all of us might know a friend with a great wife that, under the right circumstances, we might fall for. We are all human. I think handing a stack of divorce papers to his wife was unnecessarily traumatizing, since she would assume they've been signed. Lastly, her self discovery that she depends on the people around her too much was never developed further. It would have been nice to see her grow as a person. These are nit picks- the overall story was quite nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice Story

Had all the essential parts that make up a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story

I liked it all the way through.

One thing I took a little issue with is the description opf unhappy people because they didn't give their cheating spouse another chance. It's about moving on.

If you can't put it to rest you need to forgive and move on . The aunt uncle example had the aunt move on to another happy relationship and he could too.

There are peple faithfull throughout their entire marriage even during tempting situations.

Some f need to be in a relationship like that.

RePhilRePhilabout 7 years ago
Come by our town one day

We would literally shoot friends like that where we live. There is a lot of good l to be said about targeted violence. It's always best to be the Initiator in cases such as this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Why should a cheater get a second chance???

Because you are scared to grow old alone or because the kids are affected or the people will gossip??? Humbug!!! Only the cheated spouse has the right to rule if his trust to the cheater is still available or vanished!!! And only his opinion is crucial!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Like

As some of the other comments said, it is good to see a problem solved. Why do so many husbands & wives choose divorce from the person they chose to spend their life and grow old with when they married? Some partners are very deserving because of affairs but a 1 and done or an also needs to be looked at different.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well Written

Good story; good ending. Thank you for bringing my confidence back to believe there are still gifted writers with strong morals and common sense! Many 5's for this story..

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

Not stated but per the shrink it appears that Jenn is a near submissive. And submitted just one time and the guilt was killing her. If the sex was more than once Matt would be an idiot to take her back, but in this instance and as written it was a good choice.

The only thing that I'm a lil dismayed at is the parents did not get more involved as advocates for Matt to help Jenn and family. The other miss is how dense can cops be in not spotting Matt's bruised knuckles and pre-mortum beating of Jim.

I also saw a spot when Matt might discovered his family Insurance was bogus or invalid for his accident due to Jim (Insurance Sales) negligence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fag

He should cut iff his balls and put them in a jar for her

rnebularrnebularabout 7 years agoAuthor
At least...

At least the last Anony didn't say "cuck shit 1*" like so many others. One additional point for some creativity awarded...

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 7 years ago
Loose End and Predictable End

So who did the murder. Cops come visiting. New element added to story. Then.......nothing? Rather leave the cops out than this needless diversion. Enjoyed the story some, but the ending was clear from way early. I guess I just like complicated plots and complicated people. 4 stars.

alfiemoon1alfiemoon1over 6 years ago
Great story

Enjoyed this story very much, always nice to see a happy ending. Thank you for taking the time to share your talent.

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
Dude

Character list at beginning of story. DUH!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A little psychobabble

And you too can live happily ever after with repeating slut.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Repeating?

I thought it was just the once?

sas6446sas6446over 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

NEVER PUT UP WITH A SERIAL CHEATER! However, you weaved the story so that councelling showed that she was co-dependent! She was seduced by a master seducer! Matt showed himself to be the ultimate ass-wipe! In the end, you brought them back together, as it should have been, but Matt's self-centered pride kept him in "bondage" a lot longer than necessary! He was his own worst enemy, even after he talked to his uncle!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stupid Uncle

"You see, I still miss everything we had together. I don't think everyone deserves a second chance, but I truly wish I had given Sue a second chance. I would be a lot happier right now with her, than without her. I guess you have to ask yourself the question, 'Are you happier without her in your life?' and go from there. If she hurt you so bad that you can't find a way out, then you need to move on."

the only problem with such "advice" is that it's second-guessing at its worst. "Buyer's remorse" is cliche for a reason. There are way too many people who confuse "doubt" with "mistake." Perhaps he'd have been LESS happy if he'd given her another chance. Looking backward is profoundly stupid.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Home Run

Once again I am very pleased with your story. I especially liked your telling the story from the various characters point of view. It is obvious that you put a lot of thought into this story. I agree that the bottom line on staying together is answering the question if your life would be better together or apart. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The premise

With these reconciliations is almost always that the wronged spouse will live a miserable lonely life if he doesn't take the cheater back. Where as actually finding that person who would not cheat will bring more happiness.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrnebular@rnebular
4/21/2020 - I haven't posted a profile update in a long time, thought it was appropriate to do so now. I have been slowly working on several projects, but as everyone knows, life is CRAZY right now, in so many ways. That said, I have a new story for the Geek Pride event coming...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES