All Comments on 'Whirlwind 01 - Finish Line - Pt. 01'

by QuantumMechanic1957

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Slow, but promising story! Should be several installations long at this speed ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great start and I am hooked. Keep it coming along.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Unreadable

Either the speader has a speech difficulty or the author doesn't know how to spell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting and mostly successful attempt to convey the Irish version O' english. Sometimes slows the reading but not too hard to pick up the meaning. Enjoy following the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding and engaging story. I thought you accomplished your goal with the dialogue very well!

QuantumMechanic1957QuantumMechanic1957over 2 years agoAuthor

To Anonymous #3. My apologies, it wasn't very prominent, but I did note at the beginning that I was attempting to phonetically mimic the Irish accents of some of the characters. I presume that is what you were referring to about the difficulty reading and my spelling. If it distracts too many people, I may try posting the 'English Only' version. Thank you for the feedback.

hectarehectarealmost 2 years ago

With an 818 number Zoe must be a Valley Girl!

Ariana wouldn't teach him Gaelic, in Ireland it's emphatically Irish. I made that mistake once.

Freddog6601Freddog660110 months ago

This might be a good story but I quit after the first page. It was too burdensome to read in a cohesive manner.

Yes, I did read the initial disclaimer about trying to mimic the accents but it’s just not my cup of tea.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userQuantumMechanic1957@QuantumMechanic1957
Retiring soon (I hope) from a 40+ year engineering career. Happily married to my best friend, with children and grandchildren. Have been writing various novels and short stories for years, including some personalized ones for friends and family (Its a nice gift, your own story...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES