Whispers of Desire

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There's a little bistro just a few blocks from here, just south of Pershing Square," Dana said, lowering her voice. "I can't remember the name but it has a gold and green awning."

"Blissful Garden," Carolyn said, "I walk past there all the time."

"Blissful Garden, yes, that's it," Dana confirmed. "Well, if, just by coincidence, we were to run into each other there, say in half an hour, I don't think anyone would think it strange if we shared a table. Do you?"

"A half hour?" Carolyn repeated.

Dana nodded.

-=-=-=-

"This is delicious," Carolyn proclaimed as she tasted the entrée Dana had suggested. "I'm going to have to add this place to my list."

"I thought you might like it," Dana replied. "I've only been here a few times, but I've always enjoyed it."

Carolyn had requested a table in the rear of the small restaurant, one that afforded them a small measure of privacy. As they continued to enjoy their meals, each shared a bit about their lives. In addition to her career at Amalgamated, Carolyn revealed that she'd been married to her high school boyfriend at eighteen and divorced by twenty-two, the four year union having been a case of having married far too young. In the years since, she'd been more interested in building a career than getting remarried. She still dated, but wasn't involved with anyone at the moment.

Dana in turn told the story of how, like thousands of other hopefuls, she'd come out to California back in the 70's in hopes of an acting career. She'd had some initial success, mostly in low budget B movies, part of which had been due to her willingness to take her top off, and sometimes more, off on camera. Eventually, she even found herself doing pseudo-sex scenes, including a number of girl on girl acts.

It was about that time that adult films began to enter the mainstream and, after being introduced to a producer of several at a party, she'd agreed to appear in one of his productions. At first, it was just a couple of non-sex roles, but then, in '78, she broke her cherry and had sex on screen for the first time.

"What was that like?" Carolyn asked, unable to hold back her curiosity, especially after Dana told her to feel free to ask anything. "Was it fun?"

"Sometimes," Dana replied, "especially if you have a good rapport with your partner in a scene. But also remember that, just like any other film production, there's a lot of time spent just sitting around until they're ready for you, and then you're expected to perform on cue. Thankfully, that's a lot easier for a woman than a man. At least women don't have to worry about not being able to maintain an erection. I mean it's not like you could take a magic pill or something."

"I would think the problem would be more of always having an erection," Carolyn quipped. "What with all those naked women around?"

"Well, they're not always naked," Dana pointed out. "Usually they wear a robe or some other covering until just before the shoot. Also, after a while, you can become so accustomed to nudity that it doesn't have the same effect it once did. That's why they have fluffers on the set."

"Fluffers?" Carolyn repeated, not recognizing the word.

"Someone to help an actor get it up for a scene," Dana explained, "usually by servicing him orally."

"That's a real job?" Carolyn asked.

"Well, it's usually a responsibility tacked onto something else," Dana elaborated with a broad smile. "Cocksucker really doesn't sit too well on someone's resumé."

"I guess not," Carolyn chuckled.

"Did you enjoy my movie?" Dana inquired, shifting the direction of the conversation slightly. "I think the word you used earlier was ... fascinating."

"Well, being honest, I guess I did," Carolyn replied, adding as she anticipated Dana's next question, "although it had some things that I don't think I could ever do."

"Such as?"

Carolyn took a short pause as she considered her answer.

"Well, I don't think I could ever be with two men at once," she finally said.

"How about with just one woman then?" Dana unexpectedly inquired.

Again Carolyn paused, taken slightly aback by the question.

"Well, I've kissed a few girls, usually after a few drinks and on a dare, but nothing like in that movie," Carolyn finally responded, again visualizing how Carolyn looked with her head buried between the legs of one of her co-stars.

"Ever think you'd want to?" Dana further inquired.

"Be in one of those movies?" Carolyn said.

"I was thinking more in the line of being with a girl," Dana clarified. "Not that I don't think you're pretty enough to be in films."

"I doubt that," Carolyn laughed, then added in a more serious tone, "I'd guess I'd be lying if I said it never crossed my mind. I mean, don't most girls think about it at one time or another?"

"Not that most would admit," Dana noted.

Realizing that she was venturing into possibly dangerous territory, Carolyn attempted to steer the conversation toward safer waters.

"I saw on your application that you now do public relations for, what was it called again, oh yeah, Phoenix Restorations." Carolyn said. "Do you enjoy that?"

"Yes, it's my cousin's company," Dana explained. "I take clients out to lunch and such. It seems that fame, or in my case infamy, does pay off. But it's just lunch, I'm not on the menu, at least not unless I want to be."

They chatted a bit more, with Dana continuing to answer Carolyn's questions with a candor that she found surprising.

"You know, I have to say, you're definitely not what I expected," Carolyn stated.

"In what way?" Dana asked.

"I'm not sure," Carolyn replied.

"Perhaps it's because you were expecting to have lunch with Patience McCauley, not Dana Templeton," Dana offered.

Carolyn didn't answer directly, but knew that her face had flushed with the truth of that comment.

"Patience McCauley isn't who I am anymore," Dana said. "In some ways, she never was."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean any offense," Carolyn quickly said.

"And I didn't take any," Dana smiled.

The conversation was interrupted by the chimes of a pendulum clock on the far wall, the number of which caused Carolyn to look at her watch.

"Oh my, I didn't realize it was that late," she said. "I really have to get back to the bank. They're probably already wondering where I am."

"I guess I did steal you away," Dana laughed. "But any chance I can convince you to call in sick the rest of the day? I'm really enjoying your company."

"I'd honestly like to, but I really shouldn't," Carolyn said reluctantly. "Besides, my car is still in the parking lot back at the bank."

"Well, I guess you should get back there then," Dana said as, simultaneously, she signaled the waitress for the check.

As they exited the restaurant and began to walk back in the direction of the bank, Carolyn said how much she had enjoyed both lunch and the stimulating conversation.

"I'm glad," Dana replied. "Perhaps we can do it again sometime."

"I think I'd like that," Carolyn said.

"Well, in that case, what are you doing tomorrow night?" Dana asked.

"I've got nothing planned," Carolyn replied. Why?"

"I'm going to a gallery opening in Beverly Hills. A friend of mine is having his work exhibited," Dana explained. "The invitation had a plus one and I thought you might find it interesting."

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Carolyn asked, surprise both on her face and in her tone.

"Well, I wasn't really thinking of it as such," Dana replied. "I just thought we were getting along nicely and that it might be fun to see if there might be more to it."

"Isn't that pretty much the definition of a date?" Carolyn offered.

"I guess it is," Dana admitted.

"I've never dated another woman," Carolyn said.

"Well it doesn't have to be a date," Dana repeated. "We could just..."

"But maybe it would be interesting to give it a try," Carolyn interrupted, the words out of her mouth before she could really think about them.

"Well, in that case, a date it is," Dana smiled.

They quickly worked out the details, agreeing to meet at Dana's apartment and then head to the gallery from there. That settled, they continued towards the bank, quickly reaching the avenue where their paths would diverge.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow night then," Carolyn said as they paused near the corner.

"I'm looking forward to that," Dana smiled.

Carolyn started to say goodbye, but before she could say the words, Dana unexpectedly pulled her into the doorless vestibule of the building behind them. There, out of sight of other pedestrians, she kissed the short haired brunette.

It was a soft kiss, only lasting moments, but filled with promise. Carolyn's lips were still tingling after Dana broke the brief embrace and, after saying her own goodbye, turned the corner. As she watched Dana walk away, Carolyn found her mind filled with one thought.

What did I just do?

-=-=-=-

Come the next day, Carolyn found it impossible to concentrate on work, her thoughts much too focused on what might happen come the evening. It didn't help matters that Eddie and his buddies were still talking about Patience McCauley having been in the bank yesterday. She could only imagine their reaction if they'd known that not only had she had lunch with the former actress, but that she was going to see her tonight as well.

Her last scheduled appointment had been for just past one, and after seeing those clients off Carolyn went into Mr. Cunningham's office and told him that she wasn't feeling well and would like to cut the day short. Pleased with the way that she'd been handling her new responsibilities the last few months, he said that wouldn't be a problem.

Leaving ahead of the evening rush allowed Carolyn to get home early enough to take a leisurely bath instead of a shower, and as she soaked in the warm tub the heat of the water penetrated her body, causing any anxiety to fade away. She rarely got to use the tub, but at times like this she was glad to have it.

Taking the bar of perfumed soap that she saved for special occasions, she covered her hands with a rich lather. Then ran them back and forth across her breasts, playing with her nipples until they stood hard and erect.

Continuing to play with them with her left hand, Carolyn slid her right, still holding the soap, down between her legs and began rubbing the cake back and forth against her mound. After a few moments, she released the bar, letting it float free and slipped her middle finger inside herself, tilting her head back against the edge of the tub as she uttered a soft moan. A second finger followed, and then a third, furiously pumping in and out of her pussy while her thumb played against her clit. It didn't take long to bring herself to the edge of bliss. An edge she soon hurtled beyond as her body trembled with the orgasm she'd released.

"Oh, I needed that," Carolyn said to the empty room, "if only to take the edge off."

-=-=-=-

After drying off, Carolyn quickly dressed in the light olive green dress she'd picked out the night before. Short sleeved with a hem that ran just about to her knees, it had a keyhole neckline that gave just a hint of the breasts beneath. She'd never been to a gallery opening, but, from photos she'd seen, it seemed better to dress more conservatively than provocatively. A simple pair of black heels and a gold pendant on a chain completed her ensemble.

She arrived at the address Dana had given her by a quarter to eight, which in itself was something of a small miracle, given that it was Friday night and everyone with a car seemed to be on the roads. The apartment complex had its own parking lot and Dana found a space in the visitors section. As she walked up to the entrance, she could well understand Dana's reluctance to leave the four story building. Built in the late 1920's in a classic Italian Renaissance style, it had a character that buildings of more recent years couldn't match.

Dana's apartment was on the second floor in the east wing, and as she climbed the stairs upward, Carolyn had to appreciate how the current owners had preserved the décor of an earlier age.

"Right on time," Dana said as she stepped back to let Carolyn enter the apartment.

"Both the 210 and the 134 were backed up," Carolyn said, knowing that she was supposed to be here a half hour ago.

"Nevertheless, you're right on time," Dana smiled. "I just finished getting ready myself."

The outfit Dana was wearing would also qualify as conservative dress, which greatly pleased Carolyn. A sleeveless, V-necked black top and a gold lamé skirt that extended down to a few inches above her ankles. Nevertheless, she asked if her outfit was okay.

"You look fabulous," Dana replied with a wide smile. "I love that color on you."

Carolyn returned the smile, reciprocating at how much she also liked Dana's outfit.

"Our ride won't be here for at least another half hour," Dana said as she led Carolyn into the living room. "Would you like a little wine while we wait?"

Given that parking in the vicinity of the gallery would be at a premium, it had made more sense to arrange for a car to take them there and back.

"That would be lovely," Carolyn replied.

As Dana stepped into the kitchen to get the wine, Carolyn took the opportunity to walk around the large room and take in the furnishings, most of which appeared to be antiques, dating back to when the building had been built.

"Are these all real?" she inquired as Dana returned to the room, a half filled glass in each hand.

"Don't I wish," Dana laughed as she handed a glass to Carolyn. "Most of them are reproductions, but this one is genuine."

Carolyn stepped over to the high backed chair that Dana had indicated and ran her hand across the smooth polished wood, admiring the craftsmanship.

"I was lucky enough to pick that up at an estate sale a few years back," Dana explained. "Would you believe that the executor of the estate turned out to be a fan of mine, and let me have the chair for far less than it was worth?"

"That was really nice of him," Carolyn said.

"Well, maybe I did give him a little incentive," Dana offered with a mischievous smile.

Carolyn could only imagine what that might have been.

Moving from the chair to the couch, they both sat down and chatted, sipping away at the wine while they did.

"So, how does it feel so far, being on a date with another woman?" Dana asked after they'd been talking a while.

"Not much different," Carolyn said. "In fact, it doesn't seem any different than when I go out with one of my friends."

"Well, there is one big difference," Dana offered.

Carolyn didn't need to verbally ask what that was, the quizzical expression on her face did it for her.

"Why, the possibility of sex, of course," Dana laughed.

"Oh, that," Carolyn said softly, trying to act as if the thought hadn't even occurred to her.

With that, the buzzer on the intercom interrupted the exchange, the voice of the building's doorman announcing that their ride was here. Dana told him that they'd be right down.

"Shall we?" she said to Carolyn as she offered her arm.

-=-=-=-

"That was really fun," Carolyn echoed as she stepped back into Dana's apartment a few hours later.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," Dana said, closing the door after following Carolyn in.

"I mean, I really didn't understand most of the exhibits, but seeing all those famous people that were there," Carolyn said. "I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life, and I've never so much as seen a movie star. Now I meet a half dozen in a single night."

"Well, events like that do tend to bring out people like that," Dana observed.

"My mother is never going to believe that I met Carolyn Parker," the brunette added. "She was her favorite actress growing up. In fact, I think she actually named me after her."

"Really?" Dana replied, recalling the septuagenarian who had been one of the centers of attention at the showing.

"I know it isn't the sort of thing I should ask, but that woman who was practically hanging on her arm all night, do you think the two of them are...well, a couple?" Carolyn asked.

"Are you asking if she's gay?" Dana asked in turn, visualizing the forty-something redhead that Carolyn was referring to.

"Well, so many people there seemed to be ..." Carolyn started to say before being interrupted.

"Muff divers and cocksuckers?" Dana quipped with a grin.

"Oh, I would never say that," Carolyn said, her face blushing at the idea that she did think it.

"Well, I would, because they were," Dana stated, her smile growing broader. "As for Carolyn Parker being gay, well, let's just say that rumors about her have been around since the early fifties. She's never confirmed any of them, but now she's reached an age where she no longer cares what people might think and just lives her life as she wants to."

"Maybe I'll leave that part out when I tell my mother," Carolyn said.

"I'm going to put on some coffee," Dana said, heading toward the kitchen. "Would you like a cup?"

"Yes, thank you," Carolyn replied.

"Here we go," Dana announced as she returned a short time later, carrying a decorative beverage tray, on which sat a coffee set and the fixing for it.

As they sat on the couch drinking the hot brew, Carolyn considered that, on a date with a man, this would usually be the point he made a move on her. Dana certainly wasn't a man, but she had initiated the evening so might be said to be filling a man's role. Yet no move seemed to be forthcoming.

"This is good coffee," Carolyn remarked.

"Thank you," Dana replied, adding a smile and not much more.

After another few minutes passed with little more than small talk passing between them, Carolyn suddenly realized why Dana hadn't made a move, or at least she thought she did. Given that this was her first time out with another woman, Dana was leaving it up to her to decide where the night might lead -- just in case she found herself with a change of heart.

Taking one last sip of coffee, Carolyn laid the cup back on its saucer and turned to face Dana, shifting her body to nudge herself closer on the cushion. Smiling, the older woman did the same.

Reaching out with both hands, Carolyn laid them against the sides of Dana's face, drawing it nearer as she also moved inward. Their lips met in the middle and as their tongues intertwined, a surge of excitement raced through the brunette's body, one long absent.

-=-=-=-

The decision now made, Dana was quick to make the most of it, sliding her arms around Carolyn to pull her even closer. With their breasts pressed nearly together, a second kiss followed, with a third not far behind, each more intimate than the one before, as they explored the inner reaches of their respective mouths with their tongues. At the same time, they also began to caress each other's bodies, exploring curves both hidden and apparent.

They continued to make out for a few minutes, with Carolyn pressing her hands against the softness of Dana's breasts, squeezing them excitedly as the tips of her fingers found the hard nipples that capped each. Even through the twin layers of her bra and blouse, Carolyn could feel the pulse of the older woman's body.

Dana in turn reached out with her right hand, sliding it first up along Carolyn's leg, and then under the folds of her dress. A surge of excitement filled the brunette as she felt the fingers of that hand brush across her damp cloth-covered mound, an exhilaration that repeated with even greater intensity as Dana pushed Carolyn's panties off to the side and repeated the gesture directly against her clitoris.

"Oh God," Carolyn gasped.

"Feels nice, doesn't it?" Dana whispered into Carolyn's ear.

"Oh yes," Carolyn replied in the same hushed tone.

"How long has it been since anyone touched you there?" Dana asked as she again ran her fingertips along the length of Carolyn's sex.