White Knight's Burden Ch. 02

Story Info
Nice guy acquires "true dominion" over his best friend.
7.6k words
4.04
9.6k
7

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
WisemanT
WisemanT
179 Followers

Chapter 2

"What're you two laughing about now?" There was a poignant, bordering on accusatory, sharpness to Kimiko's question that I did not much care for.

"Nothing much, Kim! Just like, chatting about some Greg-stuff." Claire's vague answer was accompanied by a smirk that only further mystified and frustrated her girlfriend. Just as we had agreed little over a week ago, Claire kept all mentions of the strange magic bond we now shared strictly between the two of us.

Kimiko's narrow, inquisitive eyes wandered from the perplexing pixie dreamgirl up to me. Her gaze bored into me while she furrowed her brows, but after a few seconds of burning scrutiny the tall girl shrugged. "Whatever. I'll be be back in a few days. Just a short trip abroad to check on my little sis and mom now that my uncles are acting up again. Thought any more on what we discussed? You know, the Femme Exhibit this-"

"Oh, nah..." Claire waved her hand dismissively. "I mean, that sort of high pressure stuff is just too intense for me to deal with right now. Got more, umm, pressing concerns to handle. Besides, Greg's coming over tonight!"

The merciless searchlights that were Kimiko's eyes shifted their full attention back to me. The Japanese giantess pursed her lips and muttered, mostly to herself. "Greg's coming, huh?" A sigh followed, and she glanced over her shoulder, towards her gate. "Fine. I'll see you in a couple of days then. Have a nice weekend, you two. Bye."

"Take care, babe. Miss you already." The lovers shared an awkward hug. To me it looked like the oath of secrecy that I had encouraged my best friend to pledge (to keep her safe!) had driven an almost physical barrier between them, obstructing their embrace.

Claire and I were soon left alone in a busy airport. My friend turned to me with a look of discomfort, reflecting sensations of something near pain. "I'm... I get that we can't tell Kim about any of this, Greg, but I just can't stop feeling bad over keeping her in the dark. I mean, she's so troubled by all that's going on with her family and the need to deal with that baggage. Meanwhile, we're gonna play around with your magic stuff. It's... I totally get that actual magic powers that could potentially save the world is more important than anything else, but I... I feel like such a piece of garbage!" The familiar singular wrinkle played on my best friends forehead, a harbinger of Claire's trouble and distress. She cast her eyes down with a pitiful whimper as she continued to pour her heart out. "Letting my girlfriend travel abroad alone to deal with relatives from actual hell threatening to make her mom and little sister homeless! Making Kim handle all that pressure by herself! While I'm keeping these huge secrets from her! What kind of person am I, Greg? What the hell's wrong with me?"

I leaned close and gave my best friend a hug. Claire gave a slight sniffle and hugged me back, a little hesitant. It broke my heart to see her like this! To see my best friend so devastated. I'd-

Don't feel sad, instead turn those feelings of sadness and guilt into happiness. Be glad that we can finally spend some time together.

Claire hugged me tighter and instead of another sniffle, the girl made an odd and soft little grunt, somewhere in-between a moan and a yelp. I let go, while my best friend blinked away her budding tears.

"Well, I'm... I, I guess I ought to look at this from the bright side, right? We can make use of the time when Kim's abroad to try this magic power out some more. I swear I'll make it all up to her once she's back! That sounds... good. R-right?" There was something slightly off about the wide smile that spread across Claire's face as comfortable warmth calmed her voice. Something insincere in how her troubled visage smoothed out, leaving the face that had been contorted by grief now looking pleasant. Artifice. Like a mask of forced joy.

Fuck! I had to stop doing these sort of things to her. Nudging Claire to act like how I wanted her to. It hadn't even been a conscious decision; I had influenced the girl without thinking. I just couldn't stand to see her sad, and now I had gone and instead made her giddy at the thought of her girlfriend of two years leaving the country! This was not okay. So not okay at all! I had to do better. For Claire's sake.

"Greg? Are you alright?" My best friend giggled out, cutting through my guilt-induced introspection. She brushed thick strands of her rainbow-colored mane behind her ears as she beamed up at me, with her eyes still wet from the tears that were never cried. She looked so different from how I was used to see her--tanned from her trip abroad, wearing a knee-length summer mid dress. The complacent smile; tomboyish and sometimes surly Claire now pumped full of feelings of elation that seemed to make her soar higher and higher by the second.

"Y-yeah, sorry about that. Um, we should probably head back. Let's grab something to eat on the way back to your place."

"Sounds great, Greg!" Yet another chipper chirp. "Gosh, I'm like, feeling kinda like, weird right now. But like, so freakin' glad we can finally spend some time. Just the two of us!" With no warning, Claire skipped close and grabbed my arm. She hovered while holding onto me, staying airborne for barely a second, a forbidden show of her powers of levitation among the strangers surrounding us. Happy thoughts bubbling over, bursting out of her! "Woohoo! Feels like I'm, like, walking on clouds or something! God! Let's go get some booze or whatever." She laughed out.

That laugh! My best friend's favorite perfume filled my head--peppermint and bergamot. The sensation of her slim body and cotton dress leaning weightless against me, her bare thighs touching me ever so slightly! It was overwhelming!

Despite knowing I shouldn't, I felt happy. Just as happy as Claire. I had simply helped my best friend get over unpleasant and sad thoughts that dragged her down, and aided her in staying positive. Was that really such a bad thing?

***

Our brief pit stop at a humble fast food joint had been surreal; it felt more like a date scene plucked from a saccharine romcom than any of the (admittedly few) actual dates I had ever been on.

Claire had grown comfortable in my company, her giddiness and smiles more heartfelt and genuine ever since we had left the airport. By the time we placed our order, my childhood companion could barely contain her joy, giggling at every little thing I did while clinging excitedly to me. While waiting for the burgers, the bundle of joy hugged me tight, balancing on her tiptoes, and in a bubbly, speedy whisper (almost tripping over her words) confessed how much she had been looking forward to this weekend. How thankful she felt over the chance to finally be together, just the two of us. Claire almost radiated mirth.

When our order was ready, Claire untangled herself from her tight, friendly embrace of me and literally skipped up to the counter. She navigated past and through the throngs of other waiting customers like a frolicking fairytale princess, twirling in pirouettes while laughing, tittering, and even humming snippets of song. Her behavior drew glances and stares our way and when my best friend returned, waving the fast food paper bags my way with intense excitement, bordering on hysteria, I grabbed her arm and led her out to my car. The way people stared could get us in trouble. Claire was just happy. Happy to be with me. Nothing weird about that.

Well, if only my friend had remained bubbly and cute like that, our weekend together hanging out as two best friends would have been perfect. But on the road, things got worse.

Claire had forgone her seat belt, choosing instead to fly and hover above her seat. I struggled to keep my eyes fixed on the busy road but my best friend just couldn't seem to keep her hands off me. Like a cat dosed high off its mind on catnip, she groggily rubbed her face against my shoulder and chest. She played with my hair, scraping her fingers and nails down my neck. She nibbled at the collar of my shirt, touching it with those alluring lips that I had never kissed. But instead of a soft kitten's purr, Claire's shows of affection were accompanied by a strained, never-ending chuckle that rose in intensity the more clingy she got.

The dumb fucking laugh ruined my mood, shattering any fantasy I tried to construe of how Claire behaved like she actually desired, that she'd just been given a little help by my power to unfetter from inhibitions. But no sane human would laugh like that--cackle and howl like a fucking hyena.

My knuckles whitened against the steering wheel, anger mounting in response to what I felt was Claire's mocking caress.

"What's so fucking funny anyway, Claire?!" I finally confronted her, raising my voice over the lunatic's cackle.

Instead of quieting down, my furor caused my best friend to howl louder with glee. She took her hands off me and sank down in the passenger seat, squirming there, stewing in laughter and joy. She tossed and turned, gripping her sides; Claire appeared happy enough to break.

With herculean effort, she suppressed fits of laughter for long enough to respond. "N-nothing's wrong, Greg. I'm just... so... f-fuck! Why can't Kim, like, j-just stay... gone forever.... I'm, god..! Greg! Just the two of us! Like this, forever!" Her whole body shuddered, and she bit down on one of her fingers. "I'm like, my head's s-so, filled with these, f-flippin' weird thoughts... I, w-why am I..?" She tittered out, her speech sluggish and teeth clattering, like she experienced a drug-induced high--blissed out of her mind. "Did y-you... do something... to me, Greg?"

The accusation felt like Claire had thrown a punch to my face! I had just tried to help her feel better! For her sake!

"N-no. I'm... no! I didn't do anything wrong. I swear!" I replied, easing my cramped grip on the steering wheel.

Believe me.

Claire bit and chewed her fingers and lips. "Yeah! That's what I figured. My Greg would n-never..! Guess, I'm just-" Hysteric fits of laughter that wouldn't stop erupted from the girl, halting further speech. I let her laughter fill the void of the vehicle, keeping my eyes trailed to the road. I needed to get us home, safe.

In a trembling pant Claire at last pressed out: "Sorry, for acting so weird and being such a mess and bother to you, Greg. I'm just so... so, sooo unbelievably happy. Y-yay!!" The cheer was sharp, painful, as it broke loose from her throat. "Kim's f-finally... gone..! I'm sooo... glaaad..!" My best friend gave a final chuckle and sob.

Claire slumped over in the passenger seat, like a puppet that had its strings cut. The tilted over, collapsed body shook like she was suffering from a mild seizure and she made strange, inhuman noises; laughter, moans and pained cries all at once.

Aghast, I turned to the girl whose mind seemed to unravel and descend to lunacy. Only the blaring horn of a truck sobered me up, and I swerved the car back to our lane by the very last second.

"Jesus, fuck! Christ, Claire! I'm so sorry. I messed up again! Just like I always do!" I cried, reaching for the girl I had driven mad. "Please, please please..! Claire!"

"Stop this!" I let my power, the true dominion I held over the poor thing strengthen my plea. Even before I spoke the words aloud, I recognized my mistake.

In instant response to my command, Claire ceased her fits of laughter and shakes while I in panic pulled over to the side of the road. The girl turned to me, her face split in a broad, inhuman grimace of a smile. She was still slumped over, but she peered up at me with laser-focused intensity, like I was the only thing that she could see, the singular matter of importance.

"S-stop what, Greg? Please, I need to... I need to stop something! But, s-stop what?! Please, please just tell me what you mean, Greg! I have to know! What must I stop!?" Claire's fingers and nails clenched her head and scalp, pressing down like a vice out of a desperate desire for clarity. "W-what did you just say? P-please! I'm... I c-can't... think straight. Tell me!! Let me know!! Oh, I c-can't... deal with this any longer..!" She cried, hurtling herself to me, bawling into my chest. Cars zoomed by on the busy road.

I brushed a hand down her rainbow hair and steeled myself for what I could sense was coming. She had been pushed past her threshold.

"...master." She voiced the word aloud in a hesitant mewl. A heavy sob followed. The sobbing eventually stilled, and the next time, she said it with more emphasis: "Master." Claire's laughter returned, but it sounded melodious and comfortable to my ears again. "O-of course, I only need... this. No one else. Because..." Nuzzling herself against me, breathing in my scent, she spoke the word of power a third time, now with confidence. "Master," seeming to savor the taste of that word on her tongue, she stayed silent for a second before she continued, "please, let me to know what you desire from me."

The word again. Master. The final, undeniable signifier that our friendship, and the great admiration I held for the outstanding artist who now held me for dear life, was a sham. I owned her. I literally held possession of her soul. With a stray thought, I could make Claire like this--I could force the girl's mind to shatter with joy over the absence of her beloved girlfriend. I could make her worship me like a divinity. Honestly, part of me wanted Claire to do so. Despite all the gender equality talking points I had learned to parrot, and the virtuous and socially awake persona I strove to maintain, this felt right; letting Claire, my woman, depend on me. Rely on me for everything. Need me to even function.

But what I wanted or what I felt didn't matter at all. I couldn't allow the use of this dark power to snuff out the outstanding girl that Claire was. Or at least, had been.

"I'm so sorry, Clairebear. I'll fix this. Fix you back up again. D-don't worry." I sniffed and gritted my teeth, daring to let myself indulge in the feeling of Claire's body against mine. How her bare thighs under her skirt rubbed against my erection pressing to my jeans. The vibrant hair she so painstakingly worked to maintain sparkled against my fingertips as I stroked along it. The girl gazed up at me with admiration; eyes like those of a devoted pet. Claire shouldn't look at me like that. She never had until now.

After a moment of my own indulgence, allowing myself the satisfaction of how Claire's entire world revolved around me, I set things right. Just like the two previous times when things had gone awry, I fixed both Claire and her memories, undoing all of my mistakes since we had said goodbye to Kimiko in the airport.

***

Harsh intonations of what sounded like Arabic flowed effortlessly out of my best friend's mouth. In the midst of her sentence, she shifted to a softer, far eastern-sounding tongue, Thai or Indonesian, perchance.

"Wow! That's... wow, sure is something!" Claire blinked in astonishment, and then came a new remark in another language I couldn't understand.

"Yup." I nodded, reclining in the sofa we both sat in. "Try a couple more."

My best friend replied in French. Followed by Chinese. Followed by half a dozen tongues I couldn't even identify. The smile and laughter that followed was not hard to understand however--awe and amazement at the impossible realization that I had just made Claire capable of speaking any and all modern languages.

The sight and sound of Claire's mirth hurled my mind back to painful and very recent memories from the car ride over here. That disaster was luckily no more--I had made things right, and fixed her back up again.

"Kiiyah!!" Claire took note of my forlorn stare and delivered a playful karate chop my way, announcing her attack with a very authentic-sounding oriental war cry. "What's rattling your teapot now, Mr. Sir Gregory, Esq.?" Seamlessly transitioning back from foreign languages to English, but now with an overwhelmingly British accent.

"Huh? Oh, don't mind me, I'm just trying to wrap my head around these powers. They're... unfathomable."

"Gosh, tell me about it! I mean, I failed German class, remember!? Oh, that terrible Mrs. Carols! Wish she could hear me now!" A stream of harsh profanities in impeccable German followed. And another laughter.

Claire had stayed dour and a little blue during the remainder of our drive to her and Kimiko's place, but as the evening had progressed (and we ate some tasty, albeit cold, burgers) she had gradually warmed up and come around. This time, without my power influencing her mood. In fact, any and all traces of the fits and mental breakdown that had so recently ravaged my best friend appeared wiped clean from her body and mind. And astonishing as that may be, I had experienced "resets" of her like this twice before already.

The first time had happened just minutes after Claire had been made able to fly. Out of nowhere, sparked by a stray impulse by me of how cute she had looked, my best friend had begun to behave very affectionately towards me. When questioned, she had insisted that we had been married since high school and that a quick BJ in the school auditorium, as a little treat to her now apparently magical hubby, wouldn't even have been the raunchiest thing we had done that week.

In panic over these sudden changes to my best friend, I had asked her to stop. Claire had whined as I withdrew myself from her grasp and when I had tried a protest of how we weren't actually married she had responded by pointing to the wedding band she now wore around her finger. Follow-up questions about a girlfriend, their recent trip abroad and other concerns touching on Claire's past without me had been met with confused looks, that gradually had turned to worry as she had sensed my mounting anxiety. My "wife" had gently held me, to try and calm me. As she did so, I had willed those changes to her undone. And just like that, everything had gone back to normal.

The second time it had been necessary to "reset" Claire had occurred the very next day.

My heart had been racing after returning home from the accidental tryst in the auditorium; my head blasting with fantasies of letting Claire actually service me that celebratory blowjob, and (even more forbidden) dreams of a life as husband and wife. I had eventually lost myself in a fitful sleep.

The next morning, I had struggled to our agreed upon time and place by the lake near campus. But Claire hadn't shown. Ignoring my calls and texts, she had at last strolled up with Kimiko in tow, much later than when we had agreed. When I had dragged her aside, to point out that Kimiko being present stopped further experiments concerning the magic, Claire had been in one of her 'moods', and dismissed most of what I told her with an aloof indifference. She had instead suggested that we should return to her girlfriend and just enjoy a lazy day in the sun. Surely, this magic could wait a day.

Claire's dismissive sneer when she had told me to wait had stoked that which was terrible in me; forbidden emotions and impulses that I knew to suppress.

Claire acting so bitchy despite all the nice things I did for her!

The snarky, know-it-all attitude she always put on!

And worst of all--her being so aware of how desirable she was! Yet never treating me as more than...

My mind blackened and fury had broken forth, warping the defenseless woman's mind and body. Claire had not even a chance to take a singular step towards her dear Kimiko before she fell to her knees, ready and eager to supplicate and fawn at my feet.

And that had just been the beginning.

I prefer not to think too much of what had happened that day. I had not take advantage of her. Of course I had not!! I could never do that to my best friend. But when I finally sobered up to witness what had been done to my Claire, I had almost cried.

WisemanT
WisemanT
179 Followers