White on a Black Canvas

Story Info
Painting a ceiling turns from lust to love.
7.7k words
4.77
12.1k
21
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TxRad
TxRad
5,949 Followers

White on a Black Canvas

By TxRad

James came through the front door of his apartment and froze three steps down the front hall with his mouth hanging open. His roommate, Ruby, was standing in the middle of the living room running a long handled paint roller back and forth over the ceiling. Her back was too him so she did not see him come in. The loud music on the stereo in her bedroom covered any noise he might have made.

Most of the furniture and stuff that normally occupied the living room must be in the other rooms. The big overstuffed couch and the big wingback chair were covered with plastic. The floor was also covered in plastic from wall to wall.

James's roommate for the last four years had been the same guy. This year he had not returned for classes at college and had not let James know he would not be back until after the semester had started. James needed a roommate or he could not afford the place. He had scrambled to find someone, anyone for that matter.

Ruby had arranged to stay with a girlfriend for the semester but her girlfriend had found a boyfriend over winter break. She was scrambling to find a place to live. Her funds were short so her options were limited to say the least.

James had given her a cut rate if she would clean the place up and keep it that way. Four years of neglect had made the place grungy at the very least. She had cleaned her ass off for the first two weeks and the place had looked a whole lot better. But now....

That she was painting the ceiling was a nice surprise. What she was wearing to paint it on the other hand was a complete shock. At the moment, the only thing on her short compact body were spatters of white paint. The white paint contrasted sharply with her mahogany colored skin. She was one rich even brown all over from the back.

He marveled at her high round ass and the way the muscles of her arms and upper back moved under that beautiful colored skin as she leaned forward to run the roller one way and the way her thigh, ass, and calf muscles moved when she stepped backward as she moved the roller in the opposite direction. He was speechless and mesmerized by her beauty.

When she stopped moving and lowered the roller to a paint tray to refill it, she bent at the waist. James heard himself moan softly as she stuck her ass out in his direction. The outer lips of her burger shaped pussy peeked at him from between her upper thighs. They were several shades darker than the rest of her.

He could not help himself; he licked his lips as his hard dick gave a twitch in the left leg of his levies. Lust was a flame deep in the pit of his stomach. His mind was a squirrel in a spinning wheel as it tried to decide which he would do first, drive his dick or his tongue deep between those dark lips, if he ever got the chance.

Ruby lifted the roller toward the ceiling. As she did, she looked to her left. Her eyes locked with James for a split second and then as realization set in, she squealed, dropped the roller, and ran for her bedroom door. The door slammed solidly. A moment later, the music shut off sharply.

The silence was sudden and deafening to James as a loop of memory played in the back of his mind in slow motion. The outline of a dark breast against a white wall flashed on the screen and froze for a second or two. A full breast that was not large but it was proportional to her body. The nipple was puffy and darker than the color of her breast. It was turned upward and capped with a lighter colored nipple.

Fine white paint splatter was dusted across the top of the breast. One drop of paint had landed on the side of the breast and had run down. The contrast was sharp and sweet. James licked his lips and sighed deeply.

The movie moved a frame or two. He now had a frozen pictured of her back and ass in his mind. A dusting of tiny white dots covered her upper back and the top swell of her ass just below her tailbone. He found himself grinning like an idiot as he licked his lips. The movie moved in slow motion. He studied the movement of muscles in her legs and back as she ran across the room. He was totally lost in the movie.

*****

Ruby opened her bedroom door just enough to stick her head out. James was still standing where he had been and he seemed lost in thought. He had a glazed look in his eyes. From time to time, he would lick his lips and sigh deeply.

"What are you doing home this afternoon?" She asked the tall white man. "I thought you had two classes to teach since the Professor was sick."

James gave a jerk and his eyes focused on the woman's head sticking out the door of her room. "Uh.... I.... Uh...." He stammered a moment. He finally shifted mental gears and said, "He showed up at the last minute, handed me some papers to grade, and told me to see him later in the week."

"I can explain about the painting. It's a lot easier than trying to clean the ceilings. They were a mess from smoke and who only knows what else."

"Uh, I have no problem with the painting. I will even pay for the paint. My question is, why were you naked? I'm not complaining mind you."

"I'll just bet you aren't," Ruby said with a big grin, her white teeth bright against her dark skin. The fine white paint splatter from the roller covered her face and the closely cropped, tightly curled hair on her head.

James grinned back at her. "What can I say, you're a very beautiful woman and I'm a guy so...." He let the sentence trail off.

"Skin is a lot easier to clean paint off of than clothes," Ruby said. "But I wasn't supposed to have an audience."

"And I didn't even have to buy a ticket to the best show in town," James whispered and then grinned. "If we ever get low on cash, I know a way we can make a fortune."

Ruby laughed and shook her head. "And what do I need you for?"

"I have the ceiling and can provide protection from the lustful hoards," James shot back.

"Yeah, but whose going to protect me from you?"

"Uh.... Well...." James said and then sighed.

"For all you know, I might enjoy a lustful hoard or two," Ruby said with a laugh.

"I don't think so. You are too puritan when it's just the two of us around here. Pants, never shorts or a skirt. Baggy sweatshirts with very little skin showing. You are not the type. I'll bet you even sleep in pajamas."

Ruby stuck out her tongue, pulled her head back, and shut the door.

James sighed. "Hey, don't be that way. I was just saying you are a good girl, so lustful hoards were out of the question."

The door opened and Ruby's head appeared again. "I'll bet you were a lustful hoard of one earlier?"

James grinned and replied, "Maybe on the inside but the look on my face was pure awestruck. I've majored in Art my whole academic career and I definitely know awesome when I see it."

Ruby shut the door again but she was grinning as she did. A moment later, the door swung fully open. "I need to finish painting before the roller gets dried out and sticky."

"So I guess you want me to leave," James said in reply.

"You can or you can stay and help. It's not like you ain't already seen all the goodies, so to speak."

"Do I have to take my clothes off to help?" James asked teasingly.

Ruby looked around the doorframe. She had a leering grin on her face. "Would you?"

"Uh, I don't know if I trust you or not," James said quickly. "You've probably gotten dressed by now and you're just trying to get me naked in revenge for seeing you that way."

"Why would I want to get paint on the inside of my clothes if I didn't want it on the outside," Ruby said and leaned out a little farther past the doorframe. "As you strip I move farther out in the open."

James grinned and then laughed. A moment later, he slipped his coat off and hung it on a wall peg in the hall. His sweatshirt soon followed. As he hung it up, Ruby moved until the upper half of her body was showing.

With his eyes on Ruby, James took off his shoes and socks. He paused a moment and took a deep breath. "I don't want you to get the wrong idea when I take my pants off. Just think of my hard-on as a very big compliment."

Ruby opened her eyes wide and asked, "Is the word big just an adverb or is it a statement of fact?"

James laughed and unbuckled his belt. As he unsnapped the jeans he said, "That you will have to decide for yourself."

Just to be a tease, he turned around before he took the levies off. Looking over his shoulder, he said, "On the count of three, you step out and I'll turn around."

Ruby's eyes were on James ass as he spoke. She glanced up at his face and then returned her eyes to his ass. "Uh, give me a minute, will you. You had some time to study the back side of me, remember."

"Oh yeah, I do remember and a very fine backside it was," James said with a big grin.

Ruby shivered and then whispered, "I can't believe that I'm really going to do this."

"That makes two of us," James said softly. Then he took a deep breath and counted, "One.... Two.... Three."

"My, oh, my," they both said at the same time and then laughed.

Ruby from the front was just as fascinating to James as she had been from the back. Her high breasts and slim waist accentuated her hips and legs. His eyes ran up and down her body. The paint splatter was like a highlighting in a painting to show depth and contrast.

"Just beautiful," James whispered softly.

Ruby glanced up at his face and grinned. "I was thinking almost the same thing." James was tall in a lanky, rangy way but he had good muscle tone. Not the bulk of a football play but more along the lines of a swimmer.

Clenching his ass cheeks, he made his dick twitch and jerk. "Do I get sued for false advertising?" He asked with a grin that kept flashing on and off on his face.

Ruby's eyes dropped to his manhood. She cocked her head to the side and pursed her lips as she studied the part of him in question. After a moment, she said, "Well... maybe not false advertising but more delusions of grandeur."

James sighed deeply and turned to retrieve his pants.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Ruby asked.

James looked over his shoulder and said, "I've been called a lot of things but delusional isn't one of them." Then he smiled broadly and turned back around. "But then again, painting a ceiling in the nude with my roommate in the same attire might very well fall under that category."

"Uh, no. That would fall under the category of practical," Ruby said and then added, "Not to mention arousing."

"Uh, yeah, there's that also," James, said as he walked across the room toward Ruby. He stopped about four feet from her and asked, "Do you have a brush to cut in around the ceiling?"

Her eyes had followed him closely as he approached. She wonder briefly if she could jump back into her room and lock the door before he could grab her. When he asked about a brush, she relaxed. "There is a bush, ladder, and another tray in my room," she replied and then stepped aside so he could enter.

James got the ladder and found Ruby once again rolling the ceiling. He opened it up and returned to the bedroom for the brush and the pan. As he squatted and filled the pan with paint he said, "That roller looks a little heavy for you."

Ruby smiled and nodded. "Yeah, it's a little heavy but I'm terrible at cutting in. I end up with paint everywhere." She paused a moment and then added, "Anyway, I want to see what you look like on a ladder."

James watched the young black woman as she moved back and forth working the roller against the ceiling. The movements of her arms made her breasts rise and fall, and sway slightly. Stepping forward and back made the outer lips of her pussy work one against the other. James found himself licking his lips.

Ruby must have noticed also because she grinned and said, "Painting. We have painting to do."

"Uh, yeah," James said as he stood up. He moved the ladder over to the corner of the room and retrieved the paint and brush. He stopped with one foot on the bottom rung of the ladder. Looking at Ruby he asked, "What would you say if I asked to paint you?"

Ruby laughed and replied, "Kinky. Are we talking about this white water base or some more erotic color?"

James laughed and shook his head. "No, I'm serious. I would love to do an oil painting of you."

Ruby paused to reload the roller with paint. As she did, she asked, "Why would you want to do that?"

"Have you looked at yourself in a mirror?" James asked.

"Lots of times, duh." Ruby replied.

"No, I mean now, since you started painting with that roller."

Ruby looked at him for a second and then said, "Uh, no." Then she laid the roller down and went into the bathroom.

James sat the paint and brush down and followed her. He stopped at the door too watch Ruby looking at herself in the mirror. White paint splatter made small and large white freckles on her arms, shoulders, face, hair, and the upper half of her breasts.

"Holy shit, what a mess," Ruby said under her breathe.

James grinned and shook his head. "Not a mess from where I stand. Gilding on a gorgeous lily, is what I see."

A smile flitted across Ruby's full lips and then she asked, "You want to paint me now? What about the ceiling?"

James chuckled. "Either I take some pictures of how you are now or we have to paint more ceilings."

"Uh, you can do an oil painting from a picture or are you just trying to get a memento of this adventure?"

"Turn around and look at the top of your ass. Now there is something well worth painting and a memento," James said and then added, "And yes I've done more paintings from pictures than I have with a live model. Pictures are inexpensive, models are not."

Ruby looked thoughtful for a moment and then nodded. "I checked out some of your work when I first moved in here. It's good. Even the couple of nudes I saw were tasteful."

She turned and looked at herself in the mirror again from the front. "Go get your camera, it should be fun watching you putting all these little dots in the right places."

James grinned as he turned and headed for his room and his camera. His mind was more on getting all those little dots off Ruby's body than painting them at a later date. Visions of them in the shower together made his dick twitch and harden even more than it had been.

An empty wall in the living room made a good backdrop as James took front and rear shots, as well as quartering ones of both sides of Ruby's compact little body. Then he took close-ups of her face, breasts, upper shoulders, upper back and ass.

As he put the lens cover on the camera, Ruby grinned and asked, "Can I have a copy of those? I have an idea for a collogue that might be very interesting."

James smiled at her and nodded. "I had the same idea. I'll give you a copy and then we can compare our takes on interesting." He wiggled his eyebrows as the smile turned to a grin.

Ruby laughed and said, "This isn't getting the ceiling painted."

"This is more under that arouse deal from earlier," James said as he turned and walked back toward the ladder. He spent a moment gathering up the paint and brush before he climbed the ladder and arranged the tray on the fold out. He dipped the brush and started to apply paint in a three inch wide band along the edge of the ceiling.

About the third time he dipped the brush, he realized he had not heard the roller on the ceiling or Ruby's steps on the plastic. He looked around to see her holding his camera and grinning up at him.

When he looked at her questioningly, she laughed and said, "I just wanted some mementos of my own of this adventure."

"Uh, huh," James said as he turned back and resumed cutting in along the edge of the ceiling.

*****

James caught up with Ruby about the time she finished cleaning up the roller. She was at the bathroom sink as he came in. She grinned as he stood there watching her. The paint splatter now had her frosted across her shoulders, upper back, and across the tops of her breasts and ass.

He retrieved his camera and took more pictures of her from the back and side. "Are you at it again?" She asked as she turned around so he could photograph her front side. She had a big smile on her face as she posed this way and that for him.

When he finished, he handed her the camera. He had gotten too close to the roller several times, so there was splatter on him also. It just did not show up as well. With a big grin, he pulled some muscleman poses. Ruby laughed at him but took several pictures as he posed for her.

A few minutes later, she said, "Enough already, this paint is starting to itch. Hand me the brush so I can clean it. You rinse the pans out in the bathtub."

"Yes, ma'am, boss lady," James said as he gather up her paint tray and carried both over to the tub.

As he finished up the second tray, he felt a hand on his back and looked up to see Ruby right next to him, looking over his shoulder. "That's good enough for now," she said. "I wasn't kidding about this paint starting to itch."

"Need some help getting it off," James asked as he stood up. They were standing inches apart in the confined area between the commode and the wall.

Ruby looked up at him and then at the shower. "That's a lovely invitation but I don't think it would be a good idea, us being roommates and all that."

James started to say something smartass but then changed his mind. "Uh, yeah. You're probably right about that." He moved away from Ruby slowly and added, "I'll make sure and wash the paint off my feet and go roll up some of the plastic."

Ruby smiled at him and nodded her head as she stepped in the tub and pulled the shower curtain. "Thanks for understanding," she said as she turned the water on.

James moved to the sink, lifted his foot into it and slowly turned on the water so as not to scold or freeze Ruby. Some of the paint came off easily but other spots took some scrubbing and soap. When he had his other foot clean, he rolled plastic aside to make a clean walkway to the kitchen. He found the dish soap under the sink and returned to the bathroom.

He stuck the bottle of dish soap around the end of the shower curtain. "You're going to need stronger soap than what you have." He told Ruby.

She took the bottle from him and said, "Thanks."

*****

He had about half of the plastic folded up when Ruby came out of the bathroom carrying a towel. There were still splotches and spots of spattered paint still on her in places. "I ran out of hot water," she said softly. "I think I might have to take you up on that offer of help with removing the paint. I'm having a hard time reaching certain areas and it ain't coming off very easily at all."

"I know it's a dirty messy job but someone has to do it," James said with a grin. More seriously, he added, "Yeah, I had hell getting some of it off the bottom of my feet."

Ruby groaned and lifted one foot so she could look at the sole. There was a good coat of paint off the plastic covering most of it. She looked back the way she had crossed the room to see if any of it had come off on the carpet. Luckily, the carpet looked clean.

"Lets get this plastic folded up and then I'll make us a frozen pizza. By then the water should be hot again. Maybe soaking in hot water and dish soap will loosen it up," James, suggested.

"I like a man with a plan," Ruby said with a smile as she leaned over to grab the next piece of plastic.

*****

With two of them, it did not take long to get the plastic stacked in the corner and the couch and chair unwrapped. James put the pizza in the oven and went to check the hot water. Returning he said, "By the time we eat, it will be ready."

Ruby started to sit on the couch but changed her mind and sat down with the towel under her. "Talk about your goofy ideas, whose was it to paint in the nude anyway," she asked with a crooked grin.

TxRad
TxRad
5,949 Followers