All Comments on 'Who Knew?'

by theo_minor

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good story

Cool premise, and decently told. Writing style was a little stilted, and there was a lot of overexplanations and repetitions, but it was still a delight to read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Beautiful

A lovely story of improbability, but, I wonder if something like this doesn't happen more often than probability allows - if genetic attraction doesn't sometimes pull people together who legally, and according to custom aren't supposed to be together. I hope so - and hope the results are always as favorable as this.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
A Step Too Far !

The story was credible & had real deph when the narrator talked about reuniting with his birth mother & getting entangled with her carnally amid onset of massive

emotion. I've heard about real life cases of this happening in mainstream media .

Regrettably the author chose to take it to the next level & make the lead character & his wife unwitting half-siblings. Why not have the couple win a lotto ticket & go for a hat trick of implausibility?

There is a finite limit to suspension of disbelief. Its a pirty ,the author chose to gonzo up the saga. Less would definitely have been more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What's the big deal?

Interesting; I've met my (previously unknown) half-sister, and if I'd just met her out of the blue, could easily imagine that we'd have hit it off well enough to marry. So the author went for the two-for-one special; improbable, sure, but hardly seems like a deal-breaker. . .

Scotsman69Scotsman69about 12 years ago
A decent piece of writing

and you're the first Lit author I've read in a while who knows that the plural of 'areola' is 'areolae'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very nice.

You tied up the loose ends well, while still leaving a hint of story continuation. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
loved it!! wish I could do that

great story write sequels to this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Beautiful!

Well-written, and you definitely held my attention! I don't find it improbable or impossible at all. A few years ago there was a case in California (where else?) of full siblings (twins, I think, but not identical!) who had been separated at birth and adopted out. Without knowing their relationship, they fell in love and got married. Out of the woodwork came the truth of their consanguinity, and the Court stepped in and forced them to divorce.

And recently there's been a lot of concern in medical circles about the children conceived courtesy of sperm-donors---usually medical students looking for a few extra shekels. (They were very bright, so potentially good father material. It paid well.) Well, that meant the seed was sown close to home---there was not much geographical distribution. A lot of people who are half-siblings are now h.-s. and college age and living in the same communities, so the chance of their meeting and marrying are exponentially higher. Doctors who do artificial insemination realize now that they should have broadcast the seed over larger fields, so to speak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow.

I did not see that coming. Great writing you got a 5 from me. long lost half siblings. Wow.

DangelshdevilDangelshdevilabout 12 years ago
Nice but it was too obvious

Its a nice read but i got the brother and sister thing in the begining.. But full marks on literature.

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayabout 12 years ago
Delightful

Delightful story almost comical, but still a very loving relationship between a man and a woman, finding out that they are half brother and sister don't change the love they feel.

Now the thing with the mother is a different story altogether, the feeling of wanting to be close to her son turning sexual was unexpected.

Through the beginning of time brother and sister have intermarried, royals supposedly to keep the blood lines pure and others bcause there were no others in their towns.

I loved your story and look forward to reading more.

FiresongFiresongabout 12 years ago
LLOLOLOLOL

That was great!!! What great a twist ,I really enjoyed your story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
love and marriage

When two people who know each other start fooling around it will be more than a one-night stand and love will and should be there. Of all the sex stories that I have read over the years, this will have to be one of my best.

In real life this is how it sometimes happens. The young man and young woman know each other but don't realize that they like each other or love each other until someone else tells them that they do. The original sex that they had in the dorm room was great. When the husband went looking for his birth parents and found his mother the story took a turn that I didn't expect. I thought that the story would have no more sex in it; but having sex with his mother was something else.

I now thought that the son would be coming out to Oregon more often for more sex.

but I was wrong again.

Once again, this story had sex in it but it was different. Thanks.

Morlan502Morlan502over 11 years ago
Fantastic

This has the sound of something that could happen in real life! Nicely done.

OleguyOleguyabout 11 years ago
Often wondered.

It had occurred to me that such a thing might happen in real life which is why I object to privacy laws refusing the facts of surrogate parents, seminal donations etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
no real surprise

if you wanted to use the SURPRISE ENDDING BIT you should have used a different catagory. when you come to the incest area you know they will be related some how. this would have been good in the EROTIC COUPLES AREA then it would have been a real surprise endding.

Archimedes59Archimedes59almost 10 years ago
Just plain liked it

Excellent story

AcornArmyAcornArmyalmost 10 years ago
They could always move!

They'd be legal in Sweden. No idea why, but according to Wikipedia, half-siblings can legally marry in that country, with special approval from the government. (I just looked it up.) "Special approval" seems likely, I would think, given their unusual circumstances.

UsmcnevilleUsmcnevilleabout 8 years ago
More

Loving this story, pleas continue to make more chapters

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearover 3 years ago

Makes you think.

This is such a believable, and even reasonable story, it could be true. If it is, what are the legal, and moral implications? What are the societal ramifications? I love stories that make me think!!!

ausvirgoausvirgoover 3 years ago
Nice twist.

Was the sex with his mother just a ploy to throw readers, so they would think that that was the reason for the incest/taboo label. Mind you, with a story title of "Who Knew?" it wasn't likely to succeed.

Fuzzy_Kbear's comment asked "what are the legal, and moral implications? What are the societal ramifications?"

Legally:

The two of them are legally unrelated, unless and until some fool "spills the beans". Unless his original birth certificate included his birth father's name there's no evidence of them being half-siblings.

Morally:

1. They've done nothing wrong. They met, fell in love, had sex (or is it had sex then fell in love), got married, had kids, all without knowing they were half-siblings.

2.It would be immoral for them to separate because of being related - apart from breaking up a happy family, it would be heartbreaking for both of them, especially since if it were real life they'd probably have to break off all contact with each other for a long time in order to make a separation work, so it would also break up their family as half-siblings. As the marriage ceremony says "let no man tear asunder".

3. The psychological objections to incest do not apply here, as there was no psychological family relationship when they met, had sex, fell in love, and got married.

Societally:

1. Unless the relatedness becomes public there are no societal ramifications in this case.

2. If society and/or the law poke their noses in where they shouldn't then the societal ramifications is that people (couples) who would otherwise be happy could instead be very miserable. IMO, if the couple are consenting adults who did not have a familial relationship (psychologically speaking) prior to becoming romantically/sexually interested in each other then society and the law should butt out. Where one or both know they are related before becoming romantically/sexually interested it becomes more complicated and should at least be discouraged because a) a messy break-up will also adversely impact family dynamics, and b) sometimes incest will stunt personal growth by reducing the motivation to socialise outside the safe environment of the family.

Genetically:

1. The incest prohibition in Christianity was not brought in to avoid birth defects, but to stop families hoarding wealth by "keeping it in the family".

2. The risk of birth defects in first generation incest is very low, even in full siblings, and such defects as do occur would have eventually shown up randomly when a descendant mated with an unrelated person who happened to share the same deleterious recessive gene. There's even a case that, at least before modern medical interventions, infrequent first-generation incest actually improves the gene pool by reducing the incidence of deleterious recessive genes.

3. There's no real genetic reason for Kevin to get the snip, although if it wasn't done when they got married it would probably be a good idea to get genetic testing before having any more children, just in case they are both carrying a known harmful recessive gene. If they needed to give a reason to get a more in-depth test they could give a half-truth - that he is adopted and they've just found out that their fathers are closely related. Considering medical confidentiality, they could probably even tell the full truth, although it would probably be best to avoid this if possible.

ausvirgoausvirgoover 3 years ago
Anatomical Error.

Why do so many Literotica authors think that the hymen is an inch or more inside the vagina?

THE HYMEN IS AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE VAGINA,

so Andrea couldn't have felt Tom filling her before he broke through her hymen.

JacktacularJacktacularover 3 years ago
Why

Adding the sex with the birth mom was totally unnecessary, you could totally see where he was going with the sister angle and that was good enough so adding the mom/son bit was just distasteful in my opinion and made him (who talked about how much he loved his wife and kids) seem like a douche

Foxterot7aFoxterot7a10 months ago

This is a beautiful incestous love story for all the wrong reasons. For 20-30 years everyone had an emotionally, psychologically, and physically forefulling life except for Andrea.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertheo_minor@theo_minor
618 Followers
A few of my stories are absolutely real. A few of them are pure fantasy. Most of them are a mix of reality and fantasy. I'll leave it to my readers to decide which is which. . . And as I write my stories, I presume that my readers understand, as I do, that much, maybe ev...