All Comments on 'Who Knows What The Future Holds'

by sirsemega

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
familiar ?

good writing, but the story seems familiar. Think there's a similar one somewhere on Lit.

VULCAN4231VULCAN4231about 16 years ago
Agree with last poster

But so what THIS IS FINE if you do ever find out how to predict the future you will make a fortune

nytowl73nytowl73about 16 years ago
more?

very nice story line..chivalry, true caring, and love, may still be out there, or we can only hope. Will there be more to this story?

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterabout 16 years ago
Good story.

I really enjoyed it. Please keep writing. Thanks for the post.

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 16 years ago
Nice story

Classic plot, very nice and pleasant. I thought the ending was far too abrupt, it was a time for cuddling, tears and laughter. It should have taken much longer, and then a description of how their lives changed, one to the other.

Reading between the lines on what you have posted, I assume you first posted on another site and were moving your stuff here.

It doesn't look like mature writing, by which I mean it isn't something you have spent a lot of time at in the past. Keep at it, I'll look forward to reading your stuff as your style matures.

BenLongBenLongabout 16 years ago
good start

Good start, now for the rest of the story

darkstone57darkstone57almost 16 years ago
i agree with the title

you never know what the future will hold. very nice and i liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very similar

this is a lot like lazlong's Winning Numbers

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I liked it, but it feels like there should be more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Overall, a good and sweet story.

Generally, the flow was good but there were a few minor gaps. If I understood correctly, he and his ex-wife came into some money. One or two sentances on where the money came would had help.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Another unfinished story

Geez finish it

oldwayneoldwayneover 11 years ago
Actually, you did finish it and...

it was a really beautiful and poignant little story of romance. Thank you for your story and I hope to read many more like it.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHENEVER THERE IS SNOW

just think of Santa Claus. TK U MLJ LV NV

RetiredEngrRetiredEngralmost 10 years ago
Bland Story and Bad Ending

The story itself, to me, was a little bland or maybe I should say that it sounded mechanical with no intensity. I think he should have delved into his previous life and his divorce a little deeper to more thoroughly explain his sadness and pain. Further, I did not like the ending being so abrupt. In my opinion, it should be fleshed out a little more. Its nice that she would want to stay, but her intentions just came out of the blue, no build-up, no drama, no nothing. Maybe they should have waited to have this little 'chat' until he returned from his business trip...Think about it!!!!!

However, I did like the story and please keep up the writing. You write'em and I'll read'em.

Overall, I gave it a 3 leaning toward 4.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
I hope the future holds more of the same

I have read lots of similar stories but always find them enjoyable!

nekocanekocaalmost 9 years ago
Thank you for this very touching story!

This story had elements which brought back distant memories to me, I was able to relate to issues of a ending marriage and the self doubts which results from it, et al!

Very insightful and enjoyable! I did think there should of been a part two in the future.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
a tad too swift for me

He needs to take her out into the world before she makes a decision like that. She escapes a rape, almost dies, he rescues and nurses her back to life, and a week later wants to stay forever as his lover. A bit of transference, hero worship, and misdirected gratitude.

A background check needs to be done and the uncle should be reported.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Finish The Story

Not quite finished.......more please

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 8 years ago
An enjoyable story / 2nd time reading

The author posted this nice story eight years ago so it is very doubtful that he will write chapter 2. We the readers are just going to have to let our imaginations figure out what happened next and how the story ended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

For some people the ending may have been enough, but not for me. I like to see a happy ending carried out a little further than this ending provided.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Start!

For some reason this story seems to be lacking a competition.

The uncle needed to be dealt with and his ungrateful former wife also had a wake up call coming.

(Course that’s my thought.)

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 3 years ago

You are missing an ending.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 3 years ago
WHAT

Where's the rest, just stopped, where's the rest of the damn story. Finish it.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 3 years ago

Stop with the 3* stories. Need to flesh them out a bit. This one needs to be finished, like 2 more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very good but was woefully short. There is a plethora of detail and a continuance of the story, with the plot developing further. There is so much more to be told. How do they deal with the age difference; what about his slut wife; how is the disgusting Uncle dealt with and. so on and so on. This is lazy! - Still, 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, but the ending was clipped too short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great beginning! I'm invested and eager to see what happens next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As others have noticed, the ending felt very rushed. It would have been better to stretch the 'falling-in-love' part out over a longer period of time, which would probably require some attention to dealing with the age difference, but I don't think there's any need to expand the plot to include the ex-wife and the uncle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I actually embarrassed your ending as complete. I frequently lambast authors for not finishing their stories, but I thought this had a proper ending. I would enjoy another chapter or two though.

4 stars.

Bill S.

MissMudMissMud7 months ago

I agree with some of the other commenters. I liked the story and the ending was satisfactory, but more would be great.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Its a shame the age differences was so large.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous