Who Wishes Upon a Star Ch. 02

Story Info
What was hidden beneath Luke's bed?
9.6k words
3.14
3.2k
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 09/24/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello, fellow perverts!

This should have been uploaded 4 months ago. Sadly, I am a slow writer, a procrastinator, and I am ANNOYED by revising because: a) I revise so much; b) mistakes get through the cracks anyways (Thank God you can edit your text after uploading hahaha? (~_~;) ).

I hope you will still enjoy the present installment of this series. Just like I promised in the first one, this one is saucier, and I am intent on speeding up the pacing and building up the lewdness. I also hope to release the next chapter much faster than I did this one.

I appreciate some constructive feedback because I try to challenge myself as a writer, although I find my challenges rather tame. I tried some new things in this chapter, hence I wonder how many of them paid off. It's especially important because I generally like to play around with the presentation of information: how much trust I put into the reader to decipher the story on its own, without me spoon-feeding or even obfuscating it, as well as how I try to convey irrational human behavior.

Thank you and enjoy!

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Luke,

This took a while.

Know that you can stop reading whenever you wish. I doubt you have opened the box because of any kind feeling. By the time you're reading this, I believe you've grown into a man who needs no help in making his own judgement. Burn this letter on a fraternity party, moderately enjoy it, wipe your ass with it. By all means, read it and forget about it. In whatever manner you approach this letter, I am sure you'll be right.

You won't find any justification of my actions in this text. I think we all reach a time when we lack words to present ourselves as good people, and our justification becomes yet another felony on the heap. The only judges you find befitting are the people you loved the most. I have come to terms that many people's lives were destroyed by my actions. I can only hope not to see those people face to face. I'd rather die without their yells and beatings; I can die without forgiveness.

Luke, I will never see you grow up. My actions probably speak clearer: I didn't want to be there when you grow up. I can only imagine what you will one day achieve. I see you making new friends, finding new interests, making great things, going on dates, having crushes... Then I see you going to a podium to the cheers of a loving crowd, being called to your schoolmates' birthday parties, having your interests and achievements validated by your peers, marrying a girl of your dreams, becoming a dad, having a street bear your name.

I would like to say you will be that man of my imagination. However, I know you won't because that man had haunted me ever since I understood my life was only mine to make. I think he will haunt you too. You will say to yourself that all your misery is acceptable for the time being. It won't be. All throughout your life you will want the world to suffer your payback.

I wanted to give you some advice. I'm supposed to be a dad after all, but I don't think I've figured out anything in my life. It fits then to at least tell you about the thing that I've found the most difficult.

During your life there will come decisions which will be hard to make and easy to avoid. Rarely, but sometimes, you will also confront easy decisions which you can't imagine avoiding. They would seem like such a right way for your life, and that's the saddest part.

When you make enough right calls, maybe that man you see yourself as will escape my imagination and come into existence.

I know you no longer live at out old house, but everything you will need waits for you there in the basement. Full instructions will be on the paper there.

So, make your choice. I wish you luck.

Know that I haven't forgotten about Sally. As much as I feared writing to you, you won't believe how scared I am of writing to her. She doesn't deserve to feel inadequate. You're of the same sort. Through time, you two will become more similar than you could comprehend. I want you to take care of each other.

Sincerely,

Pops

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comforting lights of red and green successfully feigned warmth in the cold weather. All stands were bustling with customers, smell of the gingerbread sweetened the air, couples kissed under mistletoes with no awkwardness to be felt, kids on Santa's knee boasted about what a great game they got, and Mariah Carey was constantly on loop with some George Michael for good measure. It's perfect recipe for a respectable Christmas season if it hadn't been the end of January. This type of money-grabbing ostentation was something Saturnine Lake residents had grown accustomed to.

"Hey, Tiffany! Long time no see. What've you been up to?"

"Tiffany, dear, I must offer you some gingerbread men. I've just finished making them"

"Ho, ho, ho! Kids, let me introduce you to darling Tiffany here. She is the first name on my nice list, so I want you all to grow up to be just like her. No Timmy, my lists are not alphabetical."

Tiffany couldn't survive 5 seconds before coming across some friendly acquaintance. Heck, she barely knew half of the faces that came up to her. Her hand became heavy after so many incessant hellos. Her night had already been filled with requirements. If she hadn't been so eager to say "yes" all the time, she might've had this night off.

Tiffany reached the fair's makeshift square way too early. To pass the time, she chatted with Jane on the phone. Jane needed some of Tiffany's reassurances for she had begun working in a costume of an abominable snowman. The most humiliating thing of her life, Jane complained with some sad emojis to carry the point home.

Hardly had Tiffany finished sending a heart sticker when someone banged on the glass window of a nearby caffe. It was Tracy. She began waving from the other side of the glass. Tiffany dashed inside. Tracy jumped from her seat and the girls gave each other one hearty hug that exploded with glee.

"Oh my God, Tracy! It's so good to see you. I see that Hawaii did their thing."

"How does it look like? Everyone's been staring at me." Tracy worried. Her newly acquired tan contrasted with her pink hair maybe too starkly.

"Don't care about anybody else. You look gorgeous!"

Hand gesturing, Tracy blushed. "You're saying that just to make me feel better."

"I am serious."

"You're serious in that Tiffany Brzezinski kind of way."

"What's that supposed to mean? Forget it, say, what's up? How was your trip? Where is Sam?"

"The trip was pretty damn neat. The school called me for missing so many classes, but Chelsea said her dad would take care of that. I couldn't believe how warm it is down there. The place is huge. The tracks they got there are...", Tracy clenched her fists, "...so good. I don't know what to say. It was invigorating."

"That sounds so cool. I've wanted to go to Hawaii ever since I saw Lilo & Stitch. Flying by on Hawaiian Roller Coaster Riiide," Tiffany transitioned to mellow singing.

"Prepare for disappointment if you are going swimming. It rained cats and dogs for days too many. Only Neil was surfing in that hell zone. The meathead couldn't care less."

"And Sam?"

Tracy shrugged her shoulders. "Hell, how should I know? I barely talked to him. He was more lazy than usual as if he was about to cry any second. Their mom was a bitch sometimes. He was often one giant bitch."

"Don't say that," Tracy looked hurt herself.

"Sorry. If he is my boyfriend then he knows it's all just fun and games between us. I just beg you, don't mention this to Chelsea."

Tiffany crossed her heart, "I swear. What else were you up to besides swimming?"

"Shooting, shooting, shooting, and more shooting," a tingling voice came from behind Tiffany.

She turned around and was faced with Chelsea's gleaming smile. Just like Tracy a moments before, Tiffany jumped into the same friendly embrace as the girls squealed in excitement. The scent of Chelsea's perfume put Tiffany in a sweet place of comfort. That was the money of the Stewart family on display. The clothes, the jewelry, the makeup befitting a queen; everything money could buy, and everything that others couldn't buy.

While she embraced Chelsea, Tiffany could see the countless eyes staring at her general directions, but they probably weren't looking at her. Every male and some females in the caffe leered at Chelsea. Some guys got kicked from their respective partners. Some guys were I-am-gonna-die-if-somebody-opens-a-window levels of old, which creeped Tiffany out. And some were girls.

Chelsea sat next to Tracy, "Tiff, you look so adorable. I love what you did with your hair."

Tiffany's hair was tied in a long braid with a pink ribbon. Tiffany, obviously pleased, promptly put it over her shoulder, "Thank you, Chelsea. You are looking great yourself."

"Thank you so much. Where is that waiter?" Chelsea's gaze roamed the caffe.

Tracy reintroduced the conversation, "Chelsea, Tiffany and I were talking about you and Sam - -"

"Anyway, Tiffany how were your holidays? What was up in Saturnine while we were gone?" Chelsea said.

"There were some events, I guess. I was out for the last five days with the church choir."

"Sounds cute. I hope Vancouver didn't disappoint" Chelsea muttered with her seemingly permanent smirk.

"Yeah, it was a total blast," Tiffany claimed like an excited kid showing her toy collection, "What did you mean by "shooting, shooting, shooting"?"

Chelsea obliged to answer. "Tracy, bring your face next to mine." Tracy eagerly did.

Tiffany then noticed the difference between the two. Unlike Tracy's, Chelsea's skin still had her old alabaster hue.

Chelsea explained, "Those photo sessions went on forever. I was basically dead at the end of each one. My photographer, some gudio asshole, demanded that I don't tan. All of those photo freaks say I look better pale."

"You don't think so?" Tiffany asked meekly.

"I look amazing like this. Where is that waiter, like for real?" Chelsea chuckled.

Tracy joined the conversation, "Yeah, the Italian guy gave real creep vibes."

"Forget about him! Tiff, go back. What exactly happened while we were gone?" Chelsea giggled.

Tiffany fidgeted nervously, "There wasn't much, except for one thing. I feel bad saying it."

Chelsea raised her eyebrow. "Why?", she inquired.

Tracy creeped away from Chelsea and towards the window. She wanted to relax by observing the crowds outside. Her eyes soon lit up. Amidst the ruction of families and couples, Tracy met eyes with a familiar face. Neither were happy to see each other.

Tiffany almost felt intimidated to answer Chelsea's question, "You remember what I said on the phone that I won't be with you for long."

To Tiffany's delight, Chelsea's face burst into a compassionate beam, "Of course, Tiff! We just found you a bit late. I'm sorry for messing your day up."

"No, no, no, no, no," Tiffany said whilst shaking her palms, "You aren't messing anything up. I think this is great. I just promised somebody else to see them tonight as well."

"WHERE IS THAT FUCKING WAITER?!" Chelsea roared.

Tiffany's heart sunk. Tracy's reaction wasn't far off. The waitress at the nearby table almost dropped her drinks. She turned meekly just to face Chelsea's glare.

"Y-yes, Ma'am," the waitress stuttered.

"Hot chocolate, for all of us," Chelsea whispered.

"No, seriously, Chelsea. I won't be here long," Tiffany said.

"Two hot chocolates," Chelsea corrected. The waitress rushed away.

Chelsea turned towards frightened Tiffany again, "You're seeing Sean again?"

"No." That was the most headstrong answer Tiffany had given the entire night. "I was invited to a dinner of sorts by the Redwoods. You know them?"

There was only one Redwood that came to Chelsea mind, and it only felt her with disgust. She had gone through an entire month not thinking about him. She guessed she had to be grateful to Tiffany for reminding her about her little blackmail.

On the other hand, Tracy wasn't shocked at all. Her mind was connecting the pieces of the newly discovered puzzle. She tapped Chelsea's hand and pointed towards the familiar face that hid in the crowd.

He was there. Luke Redwood shyly waved, looking more stooped and scrawnier than usual. Tiffany responded to his waving and gestured that she would be right there.

"Why are you with that asshole?" Chelsea's voice didn't hide her shock or contempt. Tracy was equally confused by the entire situation.

"Well...I'm not actually with him. Wait, I am, but not in that sense,"

"So?! You know the guy is a degenerate," Chelsea said while Tiffany nodded in support.

"I don't know much about him," Tiffany chuckled. "Do you know his sister Sally?"

"Nope," Chelsea answered as she scanned Tiffany's face.

"I said something happened in Saturnine while you were gone. His sister is part of the drama club with me. She plays only some small role. On Christmas Eve, she and her brother got into an accident. I am not sure what happened. They were found near some shack in the outskirts. There was a fire, the entire place burned down. They were brought to the hospital, and the situation became more serious. No one deserves something like that on Christmas."

"Cute story. You know nothing about him then," Chelsea scoffed.

"You don't need to be mean. I talked to him. He seems nice. He is a bit awkward, but I don't think he is...bad." Tiffany responded. She didn't want this conversation to sour further.

"You don't understand a half of it. People like him act like puppies, but they are the lowest fucking scum who blame everything but themselves. He is a pathetic, perverted waste who jerks off in the girls' bathroom."

"What?!" Tiffany felt as if she was slapped.

"He is a degenerate, plain and simple. Try being nice to him for a second and you'll regret it."

"Chelsea..." Tiffany had hard time coming with a response. She remembered the boy in the hospital bed quite differently. He never seemed to her as creepy. Weird, perhaps, but he mostly seemed hollow. In all honesty, she didn't know him at all. From all the times she visited their hospital room, she remembered always feeling pleasant. Ever since her first visit, the one which felt the most like an obligation, she always came back, acting like a nurse more than a visitor. And after a week of absence from Saturnine Lake, Tiffany swiftly accepted the Redwoods' invite without much thought for reasons that eluded her.

"Chelsea, I really don't know. I heard about the accident when my mom asked me if I knew Sally Redwood. She said some girl and her brother had almost died. Look, a person I know almost died and nobody said anything. They were burnt, in bandages, IVs, and with a bill they couldn't afford. They don't have a dad; their mom is scraping by- -"

Chelsea's eyes widened. Tracy almost choked on her spit.

"You didn't?" Chelsea uttered, hoping with her eyes that Tiffany wasn't that lousy.

"You paid their bills?!" Tracy said with a hoarse voice.

"Anybody would've done the same," Tiffany stood her ground with a shy jut of her jaw.

"That's too much pity even for you," Chelsea commented. Her blue eyes were barely on the conversation anymore. "It's not like he owes you anything. They created a mess for themselves; they don't deserve your help."

"I'm sorry, I need to go. It was nice seeing you two. Really," Tiffany didn't lie.

"Are you Ok? You can stay a bit longer." Tracy said.

"I'm sorry, Tracy. We can do it again sometime."

Chelsea's gaze returned and met Tiffany's. The fury that coated her words now disappeared from her eyes. Her smiled returned. "It was nice seeing you too, Tiffany. We should do it again as soon you as you get the chance," Chelsea chirped.

Tiffany left the duo in the silence amidst the caffe tumult. The waitress finally came to deliver the order. Chelsea didn't even dignify the scared girl with a response so Tracy took on the duty of saying thanks.

Chelsea just laid her chin on her arms and stared ahead to be alone with her own worries.

Intimidated by nerve-wracking silence, Tracy decided to speak out, "So? How did your meeting with the Collings chick go?"

"The bitch looked coked up," Chelsea's voice sounded as active as ever, "I feel bad for that guy she slept with. But I hear her husband is doing the same to her. Eesh, I don't blame him. Anyways, she gave me the perfume just like I wanted. Doesn't it smell nice?"

"You smell amazing. What are you going to do with the pictures of her smooching that unlucky guy?"

"I won't do anything now. I will release them online tomorrow. Right now, I got to upload something else." Chelsea grinned like it was Christmas morning.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Luke mumbled to his chin as if somebody could possibly hear him amidst the fun-loving crowd. Seeing those two bitches didn't make his day any better. He was freezing his ass off, he was far behind his school schedule, Charlie wasn't coming tonight, and his groin had hurt like motherfucker since yesterday. The Christmas joy felt more like Christmas melancholy. Repeated songs, excited company and hot cocoa would've felt like a cure to a lately released patient. But as a lately released patient, after something he would call a stream of physical and mental torment, Luke only saw superficial attempts to assuage his browbeaten mind.

"When are we going?" said a soft voice behind Luke's back and he was suddenly over that self-loathing bullshit.

Luke awoke from his stupor and faced Tiffany's hazel eyes. Luke hadn't evolved his girl-talking skills from fourth-grade levels. Good luck that he had practiced an entire dialogue in case of that situation ever arising.

"Umm...I mean...Yes."

Tiffany smiled. "Luke, you still didn't tell me."

"Sorry, I... We are going right now. My mom is waiting for us. She found us a nice place."

"I don't doubt it."

"Yes."

"Yes Sir," Tiffany saluted like a true trooper. Luke's mood was for sure made more cheerful.

Luke led the way as Tiffany followed by his side.

"You look so much better out of the hospital bed. It's great seeing you after two weeks," Tiffany commented.

Barely a compliment and Luke's cheeks were already rosy. "T-thanks. It was cool of you to come and visit. And everything else, I didn't mean to say that that isn't also cool. I don't know how you even managed to pay all of that."

"Money can't buy happiness, but it can pay some medical bills. You guys needed help," she said and ruffled Luke's hair.

"Ok, ok," Luke tried escaping Tiffany's grasp like a giddy child, "You did buy our happiness." Luke shut his eyes and almost threw up. He realized some things only sound good in your head.

Fortunately, Tiffany just chuckled. Maybe this talking-to-a-girl thing wasn't so difficult after all.

Then, Tiffany grabbed Luke's hand, leaning ever so slightly against his arm. His heart skipped a beat. The pair didn't break their step. Tiffany nonchalantly enjoyed her stroll, while Luke was ready to suffer a heart attack. He had never gone this far with a girl. It was such an incredible milestone for him that he didn't even wonder why Tiffany would do something like that.

"I am looking forward to seeing your mom again. I hope Sally's doing fine after all that horrible stuff. But how are you holding up?"

Luke smiled, "I'm doing okay. Those were just some minor injuries." he said, "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine," Tiffany said.

Then, she let go of Luke's hand. Luke turned to see her looking confused, blinking her eyes as if she was just waking up.