All Comments on 'Why? Ch. 01'

by JLRemora

Sort by:
  • 237 Comments
LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGaabout 2 months ago

Well obviously I am following in RanDog's footsteps on the stories I am reading and yes I ditto his comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

StoneyWebb finished it. Taken together, is a great story.

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Bummer. Written well and a good story but would have been better without the dot dot dots. A conclusion was written by StoneyWebb called "Why? The Reason." 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

bummer this was never completed by the original author. Hopefully StoneyWebb's conclusion is good.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hopefully he'll find closure with Miller's wife, maybe putting buns in her oven...

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller19518 months ago

tittle of the second chapter is Why? the reason. From reading the comments everyone finds this story by finding the next chapter and then coming here. if i had found this first i would not be able to find part two times like this are very frustrating espically with all the references in comments to the next part

MfkndragonMfkndragon9 months ago

This was an interesting story now the 2nd part makes more sense not sure why the original writer decided not to finish it and left it for someone else to but it at least got finished unlike so many stories on this site

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker9 months ago

I just read this story. Now on to the sequel, completed by another author. 5 stars, because it's a good story. but it needs the ending. The Bear withholds judgment.

The BEAR

someoneothersomeoneother11 months ago

Too many readers believe stupidities that they read in L:W, such as the recent commentator that said "Alienation of affection would bring millions in a settlement from a billionaire to avoid terrible publicity. R. H." Sorry kid -- no such cause of action and everyone would know the facts anyhow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a total loser the husband is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Alienation of affection would bring millions in a settlement from a billionaire to avoid terrible publicity. R. H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good storytelling until no ending. Please finish.

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

There is a follow-up to this story by StoneyWebb, "Why? The Reason" - December 2020.

https://www.literotica.com/s/why-the-reason

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

ELEVEN years and new chapters???

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave it a 1. If you ever decide to finish it, it will most likely get a 4 or better. Good to this point, but this point is far from the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finish the story! I’m hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story. A good mystery. I shrink you owe us the two more chapters you promised.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry but this was a pathetic story about a loser of a guy. Awful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

what a completely useless story. "My wife left me for a billionaire, I'm a loser but finally at peace with myself." Was hoping somebody would hold Melissa's head under water for a long time or he'd figure out how to set things straight in some fashion, or just get on with his life. None of that, just pathetic self pity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He had something good going until he fucked it up with no ending.

WrickettsWrickettsabout 2 years ago

Where’s the rest of it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This really was a dumb story, and a total waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just dropped out mid sentence almost.

Ripped off an hour of my time.

One 🌟

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well that was good then it wasn’t.How can you write a really great story then ruin it and waist our time by leaving it in mid sentence.Don’t waste time on this idiot

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

he puts Mickey Splaine to shame. LOL way too long to get to this point. Entertaining though.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

What to do? There is an ending by another writer the title is Why? The Reason by StoneyWebb. I'm going to read it now and I'm hoping for fireworks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What the hell? Why is the story not finished? Shheesh really needs more. LP

WrickettsWrickettsover 2 years ago

Wow just left it there. You could try to finish it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is like his story. It's almost like a joke in that his character is looking for answers just like we are looking for answers about how the story ends.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

There is a continuation https://www.literotica.com/s/why-the-reason

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

3 just because its unfinished.

traddisagaintraddisagainover 2 years ago

complicated, all about nothing and goes no where.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

God! This just went from a 5 to a 1 & if I could, a zero.

I can’t believe her or the author doing this to the readers.

Diabolical shit!

Bill

thedayafterthedayafteralmost 3 years ago

I've reported this story as an unfinished story to the webmaster. The author hasn't published anything for a number of years therefore this story will never get finished. Hopefully it will get taken down and won't disappoint any more readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I was aware that the original story was written in 2011 and, although promised, it was never completed. I knew going in that I was going to be very disappointed where the story STOPPED!!!. I wasn't disappointed.

Can't believe that this author didn't follow up (as he said upfront he had three more parts ready to go). While I don't wish him any bad luck, hope he just didn't finish the story????

A real shame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Janjce

Who is Janice? I thought the wife was Melissa.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo where is the other part

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Why

Why the fuck is this dude wanksting over a golddigging whore.

Sign the divorce papers and move with your life.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Seriously Folks?

This story is clearly listed as " Ch. 1" and there aren't ANY other stories listed on the author's list. WTF did you expect? A nine year old story would finish itself? To hell with "hang the author" - I say hang the commenter that blames someone else for his personal problems. You want closure? Go read the sequel from StoneyWebb and fer chrissakes, don't complain if he doesn't FTDS to your satisfaction - write your own ending. Ssshesssh.

sanman52sanman52over 3 years ago

Up to this point, the story is mistitled. It should be 'Who?' not 'Why?'. MC is preoccupied with finding out who his wife ran off with, when I would think he should also be questioning himself as to just who is this person he has been married to for 22 years that could blindside him in such a callous way.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"We've gotten to the point where we know we need be with each other." - This is the more believable alternative to, "We just fell in love," but the question remains, how did they "get to that point?" Presumably they met and felt an attraction; SHE at least is married, possibly "someone" is also, so when they felt that attraction, the proper thing to do is back off, not act on the attraction.

/

Then she says, "It just happened," so which is it, "it just happened," or it "got to the point?"

/

At least she left her credit cards and checkbook! He'd better get to the bank, just in case, but why leave her driver's license?

/

Bull shit with him blaming himself! If she had any issues, she was bound to bring them to him, not look elsewhere. How is it HIS failure that he didn't have a chance to try? That's on her.

/

"From the first day I met this person I knew there was something more than friendship involved." - Which is why she should have immediately stopped seeing him, or gone to her husband to either give him a chance to work things out or work out a divorce.

/

I think her letter would help with any settlement should she return, not to mention the divorce papers she's already signed.

/

He should show his bitchy daughters the letter to get them off his back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
MELISSA OR JANICE ?

Nice Story, I gave 5* but was a bit confused because although the major person is Melissa, twice the author mentioned Janice instead:

"welfare since Janice had left, I'd never mentioned my marital problems." ....... "Not that I was looking, but a few weeks after Janice left..."

Nothing serious though, i liked it anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why did the author let this story die

You did such a good job but disappeared from your talented writing,..?.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I do believe that JLRemora2 is the same author. The Join Date for it is shortly after the Last Update on this ID, and the Descriptions are very similar.

PencarrowPencarrowover 3 years ago
A NEW CONTINUATION HAS JUST BEEN PUBLISHED

I remember reading this story years ago, and like every other reader I wondered what had happened to the author.

Well, StoneyWebb has just published a continuation titled "Why? The Reason".

I have yet to read it so I have no idea how good it is, but after so many years of wondering how the story would end it's a bit like suddenly finding the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine.

Go check it out (like I'm about to) to see if it's real gold or fools gold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Shame the author didn’t finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why?

FTDS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Heck, this story is almost 9 years old

For all we know the author is dead.

Should have done my usual and checked comments first.

Ugghh

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Paratrooper

I'd rather jump the side door of a c141 than tailgate a c130

computermadcomputermadalmost 4 years ago
Why!!!

WHY did you write this? WHY did I read it? Just a long waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Plot holes, or

Well, there might be plot holes, or she was just a lying cheating whackjob. You pointed out that she had to have her own cell phone, so the records would go to her. She didn't have a job, so how did she pay for it. Sounds like she was cheating on you from the get go. Who divorces someone with no passion. Just up and left to Africa of all places, to do what, feed the poor? The guy left 2 small kids and a wife, what the fuck is up with that, and of course no cheating was involved. He left his own family behind, to what, feed some 3rd world people. How does that even make sense. I am begining to understand the title of the story now. WHY?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really

Way too long, then no ending, no resolution, authors like this should put a disclaimer upfront stating story has no ending, avoid eating time reading it, crap!!

mainer42mainer42almost 4 years ago
what?

far too long a story to ask the question "why" and the just end the story with a "what" very disappointed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Crap!

Authors who leave their readers hanging should be hanged! What a crappy thing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
There should...

...be a mandated warning at the beginning of any story that is unfinished. This was an inglorious waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Get the Divorce

Have your Lawyer go after The rich guy for Alienation ... But Get the divorce first sign those papers . Find a real women . My First wife was a Cheater .. The Women who I am married to Now I trust .. Trust is a Big Word in a Marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
And then what happened?

This was a very well-written who dunn it story with both the emotion of a wife gone away and good detective work. It is good quality.

Now, damn it, finish the story. Give us your ending and what you see and describe.

T.T.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
A WHO-DUN-IT AND WHY

as if divorce needs a rhyme or a reason. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Waited long enough

Obviously JLRemora will not finish this excellent story. Is there any other author who might wish to tackle the conclusion? I hope so because the storyline is ripe for a satisfying ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I know what happened

He found Conrad Miller and Miller had him bumped off!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A story about nothing

Good heavens, if you will put a chapter number on your works at least finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Really?

I can’t believe people are still expecting chapter 2 after all these years.

rereadrereadover 5 years ago
Firstly, I hope your health issues have improved. Secondly thank you for the beginning of a great story. Please continue if

Of a great story. Please post chapter 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good start. What a waste of my time!

As stated in title.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
If

If this is chapter one where is chapter two?.

icucompassicucompassover 5 years ago
Somebody Please Finish Finish the Story

It is such a pity JLRemora didn’t complete the story. Who knows something untoward may have occurred to him/her and therefore be in no position to complete the story. I hope some other talented writer take-up the challenge and finishes the story

argeelogargeelogalmost 6 years ago
Missing

Would have been a 5 star plus if the story was continued as promised. Great writing, exciting premise, but no folowup. Don't start something, make promises, then fail to deliver. Its unfair to readers, to the site, and to hyourself. Poor show really!

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 6 years ago
Damn! Wish I'd paid attention to the date first...

While it was a good start with a fair number of directions it could have gone, going nowhere just made it a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What a load of crap!

A billionaire would not be walking around by himself picking up women. He would be surrounded by security men. Also he would not like the husband of the wife telling the world news that he stold the guy's wife! The news guys would be all over that story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Writer wrote himself into a corner

It seems to me that while his prose is of a high quality, this author found it difficult if not impossible to carry on with the project because JLRemora made a rookie mistake: in his effort to make his hero an underdog, he made the antagonist too much more resourceful and influential, to the point where there is simply no believable way our everyman hero can possibly overcome his nemesis. In other words, his hero and his antagonist are too unequal to have a realistic contest.

He was going for a David v. Goliath story, but ended up writing David v. Godzilla instead. It's a shame because the story starts off with a great deal of promise. I hope JLRemora finds it within him to carry on, but he might be better off rewriting this initial chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What

What is the point of this story and where is Ch 2?It as been that long since it was written it should be removed so people don't waste time reading it.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
mmmmmm.....

This might be a very good story to use as an exercise in adding another chapter for other writers to follow up on. Intriguing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Remove

When stories have been left hanging like this for years they should be removed.Any story not finished after a year should be deleted unless it is ongoing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Warning: no Connclusion unless you write one.

The story has such great potential but its been a long time and no updates from the author since 2012. I wouldn't expect one. While I hope the author is in good health the bio indicated some type serious health issue. I dare an experienced writer. To finish this story.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I should have read the bio first.

I don't think this story is going any where.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Why?

A better question is "When"? When is this billionaire going to leave Melissa just like he left his wife and kids. These billionaires are very fickle bunch when it comes to relationships. They either stick with their wives until they die ( such as Gates and Buffet) or they keep finding new wives (like Trump) every 5 to 10 years. I don't think that Melissa will last that long!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

The way this guy acted and saying he was a paratrooper does not add up. This was a stupid )no reason to write the story) story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fucked up

First of all, the dumbass husband should have taken the good divorce deal and retired to play and rejoice in his good fortune. Second, the damn story is not finished. If you call this finished, then what the hell was all that foot dragging, and hard searching for. To do nothing when you found out. STUPID!!!

josephpauljosephpaulabout 7 years ago
felt unfinished

why have you not written anything else afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good beginning

Too bad there isn't anything more.

The letter is a bunch of crap. Things just don't happen. She allowed it to happen. She didn't try anything to save her marriage. She didn't talk to her husband. She in effect criticized her husband for trusting her and not suspecting anything. And she claims to still love him which of course is BS.

Jack99Jack99over 7 years ago
Is the author JLRemora the same as JLRemora2?

Maybe we should bug him under the other alias? I too would like to answer "why"?

My guess is that that Conrad seduces married women, takes them out of country icognito, making sure they burn all their bridges behind them. Use them up, and discards them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To the anon before the last

It's on storiesonline.net

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
any one find the..

stonecold

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
YUCK!!

This guy is sad. He cries all the time and will not cover his ass. FDivorce her and get on with your life and find some balls on the way.

z926538z926538over 7 years ago
Recommendation: Jezzaz - Stone Cold

Jezzaz has just posted a completed story titled "Stone Cold" over on the other site that contains many of the same elements that are contained in this story. It is well written, solid, enjoyable, and most importantly, completed. If you despair of ever seeing an ending for this well received and then abandoned JLRemora series, perhaps the Jezzaz offering will give you some sense of fulfillment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
OMG

Great writing, but WTH, it just STOPS

Why indeed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Why is this story even here?

Why are there stories on Literotica that aren't finished and don't look like they ever will be....c'mon get with it eh!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Just another cuck

Stupid ,,, boring story so far,,, wants to turn him into a cum sucking cuck... Why would he want the bitch back.. If not to eat cum out her stinking diseased cunt... Just another cuck

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 8 years ago
REALLY needs to be finished

I'm not one to finish someone else's story so it will not be me but every once in a while there is one that really needs to be finished. This is one of them and it could go in a hundred different directions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

very unfinished. and likely to remain so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

What happened, yes, I agree drop off the earth? I am sorry to say, but you got me.. with all his wandering the country side, wandering the house, old river side secluded spots they visited as young lovers. Hell I was thinking he killed her in a fit of blind rage, calmly quietly wrapped her body and without any attention focused or attracted simply buried her body. I don't even believe he actually saw his wife on the TV, it was not clearly visible but a white woman that appeared to look like his wife was kneeling down helping children. Lets not forget Africa? hum just how long would it take for his two daughters to try and get some message to Africa or to this busy billionaire and even get a response? For me the reader, her life was perfect, the two were near loners, in life, the job in everything. There is not even a worry about any one of the two daughters coming to the house, in fact neither daughter rushed to the house or to their dads side. Which ponders the question was the home life so dull, boring lacked anything nurturing that the children would leave the nest and move on without looking back. No friends, not even the neighbors taking an interest. What I am getting at and in closing, this story to me is the build up and beginning of a man that simply lost his mind, triggered by the wives position of leaving him, leaving his world out of balance. Something he could not get a grip on. If I did not know better I would almost.. and I mean almost put him with Michael Douglas in the movie "Falling Down". I would say that a next chapter would finally end with the reality that he did in fact strike his wife of 22 years with a deadly blow killing her instantly and all this is some well manufactured lie. How can I justify, well, he has not signed or filed the divorce papers in how many months now? her letter warns him and is specific and lets not forget everything she owned was left behind, why hide? The billionaire has already left his wife and children so what is alimony and child support? Now in Africa supposedly on his own visual account of a few seconds of a TV spot. No, the fact that no response to a refusal to sign the divorce papers and a push to sue for alienation of affection would or should have caused his dear wife of 22 years to quickly and not quietly make her appearance. Something is definitely wrong in this house and his head.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
SPOILER ALERT

THIS is unfinished and I suspect the author may have passed on. Read his Bio

AleksPAleksPover 8 years ago
An amazing beginning to story...

...only question is where the hell did the author vanish... It's a real pity to be left in a middle I mean seriously... This is a paperback novel worthy thing... I completely loved it, hope to see some updates

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 9 years ago
Sengimax and Whackdoodle said it all...

Nice story...but, as happening frequently here on cuckerotica, you are obviously unable to bring to an end what you have started. Titel is right, though: WHY don´t you try to finish it? Did you ever finish anything??

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 9 years ago
Please finish the story

If you don't do anything but this, please finish this story.

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
high and dry an orphan story with no ending Where are you FTDS??

Needs an ending........

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why?

On 10/19/2011 author said chapters were with editor to be published at least 1 a week between Friday and Sunday. On 10/20/2011 he commented that the 5th chapter had been send to the editor. Like many others, I wonder what happened.

JL's recovering may have taken more time than expected, I just hope it hasn't turned to the worst. I have wished him a speedy recovery but it hasn't helped apparently. In any case, waht happened to the 4 other chapters? Did the editor also have problems??

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 9 years ago
What?

This author has cheated those who spent their time reading this story! 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1 star

A good story ruined by no ending!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous