Why’d You Ever Have to Say Goodbye

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We soon reached civilisation, well, people and bravely weaved through them and over the bridge, scampering down steps to a park and quiet. The hands went back into the pockets as we strolled under the trees, stopping frequently to look at flowers, insects, anything that needed us to pause and kiss.

"I am worried there is no cake here." She pouted and I kissed the pout and sucked on her bottom lip.

"There's a cafe in that building and another in the park. There might even be the market where we can buy snacks." I explained and she smiled and then took my bottom lip between hers and softly sucked it. How I was still able to walk was a mystery.

We reached the cafe and headed inside, Lisa seeking out a secluded table as I ordered coffee, then scampered back to check out the cakes, pointing to two possibles before running back to the table. I laughed at her, there was something childlike in the way she moved, arms slightly flailing and her legs seeming to be out of step with her body. I turned to see her waving at me around the corner and laughed as she poked her tongue out. I still knew very little about her, but it didn't matter.

I walked carefully, trying not to spill coffee and Lisa stood up and moved the chair to allow me to sit. She had found a small sofa with a low table and another chair in front of it and I was busy trying to avoid everything and put the tray down. Somehow I managed to get the tray on the table and keep the coffee in the cups. Lisa stared at the cake and smacked her lips, then looked at me and frowned. "Why are you sitting there?" she said and then her eyes went to the empty bit of the small sofa.

"This way I can look at you." I replied and her face creased up and she glared at me.

"Is it so you get a better view of my boobs there?" She whispered. I hadn't actually thought of that and my eyes went down just as her arm moved up across her chest.

"Actually, no, but now you mention it." I laughed, "It was simply as it was easier to sit here and I can see your face."

"Who will check my bum? I mean, I could ask that guy over there." She nodded across to an elderly man alone at a table. "He looks like he'd be good at it." she giggled. "I'll go ask him." and she stood up. I wasn't entirely sure if she was serious and I laughed and stood and huffed out loudly.

"If you insist." I chuckled and moved to sit next to her. The sofa squelched as we sat and Lisa leaned forward to take a fork to the cakes, checking each one as my hand went down to slide under her bottom. "Is everything to your liking?" I asked as Lisa put a piece of cake number two into her mouth.

"Perfect" she said. "Plus, the cake is great" I gave her bum a squeeze and then moved my hand so I could get some cake and drink the coffee.

"You like having your bottom touched then?" I whispered, keeping quiet in case the older man heard and offered his services.

"It's nice. Also... I dunno, just thought it was a fun thing yesterday to make you realise you could touch me. I was nervous, you were nervous and it's just a bottom. I mean, anything down the front would be a bit too forward."

"Belly?" She looked and tapped her lips, thinking.

"Belly is fine, but the tolerances are tight." She giggled.

Lisa leaned back against me and I draped an arm over her shoulder, the hand dangling slightly as we relaxed. Her fingers tapped on my hand. "See, tight tolerances." She whispered, "A small slip and then a slap." she chuckled. and I moved the hand to rest on her arm. She moved to get comfortable. "Sorry, for being a grump, but..." Her eyes drifted away.

"It's fine, it's good to know... tolerances," I giggled. "Feel free to tell me if I am in danger of screwing up. That's better than a slap and pissing you off." I said quietly. and she smiled at me and the shine returned in her eyes.

"Thanks for being understanding. I am a bit stressed, sorry. I kind of want to keep a clear head and... not get distracted." She smiled and blew me a kiss.

We sat on the sofa for a while, pretending we still had some coffee left if anyone else looked interested in sitting on it. Eventually we felt guilty and walked off to find somewhere else to do nothing much together. We walked around the gardens and then headed through the park and found a bench.

"Not as much fun as our bench." Lisa mumbled and then swung her legs over mine to sit sideways on the bench as my hand went onto her back to hold her as she leaned onto me. My other hand went to her legs and I idly stroked along one as we wrapped together. I kissed her forehead as she rested on me and suddenly realised how naturally we had just melted together.

"I feel sorry for pigeons." Lisa mumbled as a few bimbled around us, looking at us hopefully in case we suddenly produced a bag of food. "I mean,they spent ages being vital messengers, then someone goes and introduces the telephone and they're reduced to pest status. Just image, that one's great grandad, or whatever, could have delivered an important message that changed history and now the poor thing is just scrabbling around in a park." I looked at the pigeon and saw it look up at us., then it continued on its way, it's head bobbing back and forth as it walked. "Let's go buy some cake." Lisa announced and jumped up from the bench.

"We just had cake." I said as I scampered after her, she was a woman on a mission.

"I know. I didn't say it was for us." She replied and strode into the cafe.

"Do you think they like poppy seed cake?" I asked as Lisa sat back on the bench and peered into the paper bag.

"One way to find out." she giggled and took a piece and crumbled it, the pieces bouncing of the pavement around her feet. A few seconds later the 'hawoo hawoo' of bird wings filled the air around us and the rustle of feathers followed as several landed and ran to peck at the food. Lisa watched them and sprinkled more cake around and more pigeons flocked to us. She looked at me and smiled and her face glowed.

There was a small scream from Lisa. She had sat with a piece of cake in her hand, watching the pigeons pecking on the ground around us at the crumbs of cake. One smart bird had decided to go for the bigger prize and flew up and landed on her hand to grab the cake. The scream was followed by laughter from us both as her hand was full of grey feathers, the bird squishing to get into her palm and scoff the cake. "It's fucking heavy" Lisa shrieked as the bird pecked, before it accidentally flicked the cake up into the air and out of Lisa's hand. Another bird landed on a knee, realising the action was happening on the bench, not the ground and Lisa shrieked with laughter again as this bird tried to get into the bag with the cake.

"Are you feeling so sorry for them now?" I laughed as a third one landed next to Lisa on the bench.

"Bastards!" she giggled and grabbed the bag to stop one of the birds getting inside. She lobbed a piece of cake out onto the grass behind us and there was a scramble as the birds bobbed along to get it, some flying the few feet to try and get ahead of the others before that all flapped in a mass of feathers around it.

I tried to look serious a Lisa pouted, but just laughed and earned a gentle slap from her. "Let's go find some ducks, they are more civilised." She mumbled and stomped of in the direction of the small pond. I shook my head and followed.

The trouble with pigeons are they are quite smart and they now knew Lisa had cake and was going to share it. Even as I scampered to catch up with Lisa, I saw some of the birds watching her and also follow. She arrived at the little pond and eyed some Mallards and headed to them, taking some cake from the bag. I tried to warn her, but the pigeons were ahead of me and as she crouched down to entice the ducks several of them landed close by and one tried to touch down on her hand with the cake. She swore loudly, much to my amusement, but maybe not the parents of the small children close by and then threw the bit of cake into the water as the pigeons circled her, cooing and bobbing their heads.

"I'm so fucking glad someone invented the telephone and we don't have to rely on those fuckers to get messages delivered." Lisa huffed after she emptied the contents of the bag into the water, the ducks scooping bits up with a noisy slurping action as the pigeons would try and steal more, flying over the water and even pecking at the ducks as they retrieved some. "Bastards!" she spat out at the pigeons and wagged a finger at one as it walked close to her. I was really trying to keep a straight face. I was totally failing.

"Feel better now?" I asked and got another slap for my trouble.

"Bastards!" she giggled and looked back and shook a fist at the pigeons as the food fight continued near the water's edge of the pond.

The view from this side of the river was good, but the scenery not so. We could look across to the tree lined path we had walked earlier, but here it was open and paved. We watched rowers on the rivers as runners and cyclists weaved past us. "There's a bench." I said and we sat twisted up together again.

"Not as good as our one," Lisa muttered and rested her head on my shoulder. I turned my face and her lips were on mine, soft and warm, opening quickly to let my tongue inside. I slid my hand up her leg and onto her waist. I went to stroke up her body, but remembered the tolerances. Lisa had been distracted today, her mind clearly on tomorrow, so I figured discretion was the better part of valour and stayed well away from her chest, even though I could feel where the t-shirt rose. I slid the hand back to her waist as the other hand stroked along her back and then rested.

"Armour." She whispered and I looked into her eyes and hadn't a clue what she meant. My hand continued to move on her back. "Protection from wayward hands." Again, I was confused and she smiled, seeing the blank look in my eyes. I moved the hand and then realised my fingers were stroking along the line of her bra under the shirt, moving over the clasp and just idly pressing against the strap.

"Oh!" I said as she smiled again. "I wasn't... I was just..." Lisa nodded as I spoke. "I just like touching your back."

"I know. It's fine. Actually, I'm just teasing you. As long as you don't undo anything, it's fine." She smiled and kissed me again and then pulled back and looked at me. "You can always touch my bum, if your hands get restless." and then her lips were on mine again and one of my hands reached around her hip and the fingers stroked the firm buttock.

The path got busier as it neared the bridge. There were shops and cafes close by and even a pub, the area noisy and the air filled with the smell of warm alcohol. We walked on by, hand in hand, in a different world. We passed under the bridge, too many people were there to be bothered by trolls and then we braved more pubs, the pavement outside crammed with tables and noise. We stopped at a low wall and looked across. We could see our bench and it was empty now. We looked at each other and sighed.

Another pub passed and then the path got quieter. We looked across again at our bench, just visible through a gap in the trees. Lisa stood in front of me and my arms went around her and rested on her belly and she leaned back on me. I could feel her breathing, the gentle rise and fall of her belly and I held her tighter and she sighed. Her hair brushed my face as she leaned back more and our cheeks pressed together. I gave her a small kiss and then moved my head back, my lips still on her skin and she tilted her head so my kiss went just under her ear and she sighed again. My mouth opened and I let my lips caress over the soft skin of her neck and she tilted her head even more and I felt her bottom move back to rub on my groin. I opened my mouth and then closed the lips slowly, dragging the tender skin of Lisa's neck into them. There was a whimper, but I wasn't sure which of us made it.

My hands held her close to me as I gently kissed her neck and Lisa put her hands on my arms as her body pressed backwards to mine. I opened my lips again and moved them around Lisa's neck a little before I slowly closed them again, pulling the trapped skin up a little before releasing it. There was another whimper and this time I knew it was Lisa. I put my mouth to her neck again as her head moved back, this time I took the curve of skin where her shoulder started into my mouth, the T-shirt baggy enough there to give me access. She groaned this time and her bottom moved in a small circle against me. I licked the skin between my lips and Lisa groaned again.

My hands pressed to her belly and I felt her fingers around one of them, lifting it, her fingers slotting between mine as she raised it. I gave her neck a little suck and there was a louder whimper. I released the skin from my mouth and then opened my lips wide again, letting them graze across her neck as they closed. Lisa lifted her hand and took mine with it. I was the one to let out a whimper next as I began to take another sliver of her neck between my lips. Her hand rose and guided mine to a breast, stroking it over the front of her bra pressing down, fingers closing to squeeze the breast for an instant before she moved to caress down the side of it and back to her belly. Her bottom pressed against me rubbed against my erection and I let another another little whimper.

"We'd better stop." She whispered and lifted her head as my lips left her neck. I relaxed my grip and Lisa moved forward and turned before she pressed to me again, her face close to mine, lifting her head slightly to rub her nose against mine. "Don't think I don't want you." She whispered and my heart thundered. "Just... not today." she sighed and then her lips brushed over mine as her eyes shone.

"Thank you." I mumbled, most of my blood now having gone south.

"That's all for now, but..." She looked at me and was blushing, "I wanted you to know..." She looked around and then moved closer, "Moist." She blushed deep red and I pulled her close and we hugged tight.

"It'll be worth the wait." I whispered and gave her ear a little kiss.

"Yeah, sorry, just bad timing." She said softly and her face moved back and our noses rubbed again. "I'm too stressed to enjoy anything today." she laughed quietly and her nose rubbed against mine again. "Not that I'm not enjoying this, because, well, good job this bra is thick." she giggled and we both glanced down. "Nips really want to play." she laughed and then buried her head on my chest and I held her tight again.

"It might help you relax." I suggested.

"No, I want to enjoy it, not be worried about work and crap. I want to concentrate on you when it happens." Her eyes blazed into mine. "It will happen," I almost ejaculated there and then.

We stood and watched the river for a while after that. I was trying hard not to touch Lisa too much until the sensations went and my hardness subsided, but she was resting against me, so it was difficult.

"You ok to walk now?" she laughed and then reached for my hand and lead me along the path. "Sorry, I know it's har..., I mean, tough, for you" she giggled,

"Yeah and it's soft and wet for you." I added and she laughed and blushed.

"Too fucking right." she chuckled.

The path turned to a road, but few cars used it as it was narrow, so we walked along, hand in hand and looked at the river, the stream held a fascination for me, the way the tide raced, churning the surface with the occasional white horse appearing when windy and the fresh and salt water collided violently. The road this side showed the signs of the high tides, lines of leaves and debris, washed over the bank. The houses had waterproof gates and steps would lead up to the doors for extra security from the river. A cobbled slipway led to a small island when the tide was low, but the eddies swirled close to the road when high and signs warned of the dangers. Gardens blocked the view, locked to all but the owners so they alone could marvel at the flow of water, up and down, fresh and salt. Lisa and I just strolled quietly.

A church rose above the road, steps leading to the entrance and graveyard. We looked at each other, but Lisa screwed up her face and we turned back and walked down another slipway to stare out as the tide continued to drop, leaving the slope wet and muddy the lower we went. We sighed and walked back to continue along, stopping to lean on some railings to gaze at the sweep of the river, the trees of our side across the way.

"Guess we should eat soon." Said Lisa. "My turn tonight."

"What do you fancy?" I replied and Lisa's eyes sparkled.

"Well, that will have to wait." she giggled and it took a while for the penny to drop. "Otherwise... dunno, you're the tour guide."

"We're not on my side of the river now, wrong jurisdiction." I replied.

"Bum!" she exclaimed and then looked at me. "Talking of which." and I slipped my hands down to hold her cute bottom as she wiggled it.

"Ok, I do know there is a nice crepe restaurant not far from here. Also a good vegetarian Indian place." I said, thinking of food options close by.

"Are you vegetarian?" I nodded. "Oh, didn't realise, I mean, that might explain why you didn't have bacon on your cake." Lisa said.

"And the pizza." I replied.

"Oh yeah. But, I mean, pizza just needs cheese and tomato. Maybe mushrooms." She said. "Basil." she added. "More cheese." Lisa mumbled. "Olives, maybe red pepper." Her eyes glanced to the sky, "Rocket..." I put my lips to hers to stop the ingredient list and she giggled as our mouths opened.

"Onions..." I kissed her again.

"Anyway..." Lisa giggled. "Does it bother you that I'm not vegetarian?" Her eyes had some concern in them.

"Not really, I mean, it's not as if you slaughtered one of those pigeons and ate it in the park." I replied.

"Fucking wanted to after the ingrates attacked me." she snorted.

"Ok, so somewhere that serves pigeon and has a veggie option." I said.

"Sounds perfect!" she laughed.

"Not sure either of those two serve pigeon though." Lisa pouted, so I kissed her. She pouted again and this time I sucked on her lower lip and licked it and then her mouth opened wide.

"What's the Indian one like?" She asked.

"Pretty good. It does Indian style pancakes."

"So, the choice is pancakes and pancakes?" She tilted her head as she asked this.

"Yeah, hadn't thought this through, sorry." I mumbled and this time she kissed me and her tongue opened my lips.

"Let's get pancakes." Lisa said. I looked at her and she laughed. "We can check out the first one we come to and decide. If it's a no, we move on." she said, her logic was sound.

We retraced our steps and soon the hubbub from the pubs grew louder. I steered us away and we crossed under the busy road to quieter side streets until we reached the bright lights of shops and restaurants. I looked both ways and realised I had no idea where the place we wanted was, so took a chance and headed left and picked the correct way as I recognised the sign ahead after a few steps.

"That's all vegetarian?" Lisa asked as she looked at the menu in the window. "I mean, usually there's just one or two things on a menu, this has hundreds." she laughed. She looked at it again, her eyes squinting as she read the items. "Looks good though, despite there being no pigeon in any of them."

"Want to go in?" She smiled wide and nodded.

"It's quiet in here." She whispered as we sat at a table near the window. There were six other people in the place, one a table of four, the other another couple, who were holding hands across their table. "Do they allow snogging as well as holding hands?" Lisa asked as she turned away from looking around.

"You may have to pay extra." I replied and she nodded.

"I have no idea what to have, please help me, tour guide who isn't in his jurisdiction." She said as she read and re-read the menu. I suggested two different starters and then talked her through some of the main course options, most of which were different styles of pancake with fillings. We ordered and Lisa looked nervous, so I reached out and held her hands and she smiled. Luckily the food arrived quickly to distract her.

1...34567...23