All Comments on 'Wi-Fi Love (aka: The Wife I Love)'

by 1SharkDiver

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Title.....

Would love to read more of their developing relationship....

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
poopchootkaboose

"in the back, not a rear entry situation"

Sharky_RSharky_Rover 12 years ago
Editor Wanted - Please

After reading the 'final' version of my post, it occurs to me that Writers are not always the best Editors of their own work...

If you have editing experience & would like to help on the next installment of this story (currently in process), Please contact me & let me know how I can get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Sharky

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 12 years ago
If you still want to edit your stuff

or before you send it to an editor, you might want to try what I do.

Write the story, put it away for a day or two. Read it again after you put it away, this way the details you think are in your story are not as fresh. Fix what you do not like and come back again after you have taken another break from it.

Look for things that do not make complete sense as written, add wording to clarify the nonsense.

I find that I make the most errors, the most confusing verbage and stupid statements when I rush a story and skip the rereading.

The most important part to remember is that you need to see the story in a fresh perspective to catch the errors, omissions and so forth; just like an editor would do.

Hope this give you some iedas.

PTBzzzz

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago

PTBzzz has some sage advice. Put your work aside a few days or even a few weeks and then reread it. It'll give you a fresh perspective.

I know that at times you just want to finish writing the story and get it out there, but that's not often the best course.

Also, if nothing else, have several friends and family members (if you're comfortable doing so) read your story and insist they offer a honest critique.

Keep this in mind; don't edit so heavily that you change the original premise or concept of the story. At times, just changing a word or two in a sentence can have a great effect. Spelling and grammar are critical components of how well a story is received. It's not enough to have a great twist in the plot, if your readers have to struggle to make sense of what you're trying to get across.

Use a dictionary and a thesaurus. The ones that are part of a word processor are good, but if you're serious at improving your skills, use the best reference materials you can get your hands on. Very few of us are able to write well without the use of some decent writing tools.

Above all else, have patience.

With all that stated, this site has a listing of volunteer editors that are available to you. You might have to try several editors before you find a person to share a mutual comfort with, while working well with whatever quirks you might have --and vice versa.

Good luck.

latin_loverlatin_loverover 12 years ago
Good beginning

I acknowledge the previous criticisms, regarding editing and the like, but you shouldn't be discouraged by them, because this was a very good story, on its own or as the opening chapter to a continuing series. Certainly the issue of how she began "performing" online is ripe for follow-up. A very good beginning.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

The protestans ministers should be taught sex beside the bible and religious thing in their colleges. I heve read many stories about cheating minister's wives. There is a Old Hungarian way of saying about the hot protestant minister's wives: Sombody has the minister other has the wife of the minister (original "Kinek a pap kinek a papné").

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Preacher's wives are inclined to fuck around about 30% of the time (my view).

Especially if their preacher husband is a religious fundamentalist and the preacher's daughters will fuck nearly every time. Since I was raised in a church like that I know, at least that is the way it was many years ago. My folks were religious fanatics, I passed a piece once when I was 16 years old because I had promised her older sister that I would not take advantage. Naturally she hated me when I turned her down and began to fuck quite a few guys. I have rarely turned anything down that was available. Unless they were real dogs, age did not matter to me, I was always with older women until I was in my late thirties.

Please continue this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
they ase missing you in new york

with all of the other BULLSHIT.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Clever and fun...

The line "the wife I love" became too clever and was slightly annoying. Overused! Nonetheless, an enjoyable read...thank you Sharky.

simaddictsimaddictover 12 years ago
Rude, hatefuyl people go out of their way to show their ignorance.

I thought the story was very good and, yes, you should go on writing. I'd like to hear more about the minister's wife.

Sharky_RSharky_Rover 12 years ago
Comments

I really do appreciate ALL comments (Good or Bad) & I will never delete bad reviews... But I will remove any personal attacks against me or anyone else who leaves a comment.

The story can stand up to literary criticism, that is what this site is about. However, the idea is for readers & writers to come together to help each other get better... NOT to tear each other apart.

Even if you think the story sucks, I'm sure you can think of a way to relay that message, without resorting to personal attacks.

(The funny thing is all the flame-throwers out there seem to have a habit of hiding behind "Anonymous"... Maybe instead of throwing bombs at other people, you should post some of your own stories, and lets see what kind of feedback you get.)

Thank you.

Sharky

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user1SharkDiver@1SharkDiver
28 Followers
I formerly posted stories here as SHARKY_R, if you are interested in reading my previous works.