All Comments on 'Widow's Windows'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What

A great story this is but I expect that the war events mentioned actually happened to many of the men of the services in WW1,and of course in subsequent wars.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 9 years ago
Excellent

Stories like yours are why I continue to read Literotica.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Damned Good !

You handle time well; and the references to an ex-soldier are spot on as far as I can see.

Thank you

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well done indeed.

Kindly ignore "a joke" in comments, as one can always tell the jealous poseurs from the stench freely emanating.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 9 years ago
LIKED IT

This is the first of Lit's non-erotic stories I've read; I must say it is very good. Thanks for taking the time. I wish you luck!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm confused

In this story, the window cleaner is Roger Bird, and he has a son named Art. In "Blue-Eyed Nurses", the narrator is Roger Bird, and he has a son named Bobby. Does Roger have more than one child, or is this just a continuity error between two stories? Or should each "Roger Bird" be considered a separate character?

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 9 years agoAuthor
I'm obviously confused too!

My apologies, Anonymous for confusing you. No, the two Roger Birds are unconnected and hadn't realised I had used the name twice. I generally select names from the 6500 in my family tree, and in various combinations. Some names appear solid and reliable and others a bit flighty, so I pick and mix as required.

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
A window to relationships .....

..... through war & peace.

A simple tale of life long relationships. Quite enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Well Organized story of several lives

An intelligent apresentation of vignettes that tell a tremendous amount story.

daddy1950daddy1950almost 7 years ago
Enjoyable read, thanks

Realistic story and well researched (I assume.) Like your writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
thoughtful

as with the rest of this authors story's it displayed a deep understanding of human nature and a lively sense of humour. Please continue to entertain and enlighten us, it is appreciated if only by this aging mortal.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Revised

To remove a couple of annoying spelling mistakes and improve a few descriptions.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 2 years ago

First rate writing thank you for your art

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...